IL - Benjamin Sargent, 5 mos, dies of extreme neglect, Peoria, 12 Feb 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
HD- your grandaughter, as well as the rest of your family are in my prayers- May God Bless her. These monsters obviously don't understand what a blessing children are. Especially when they are babies~but then again, they never stop being our babies :) .

I dont know what relevance this has, but I found it kind of strange after reading their profiles- She says she is deathly-allergic to smoking. She is rather blunt about it and makes a strong point to state her allergies. When I was reading his profile, it says he smokes and drinks?

I also read that she made the bottle before she was leaving to go see a friend. I think I read that James was mad about it. Since the grandma put the baby to bed, could the baby have died when mom left? Maybe she was gone for more than one day and the dad left him in the room to get back at mom? I just dont understand how ANYONE could stand to listen to the obvious screams that poor baby must have had. Im sure he became dehydrated and maybe lost his voice a lil, but come on, how could you do that to a baby? It makes me sick!!!

I found this site while searching for a picture of precious Ben. There are 2 pictures of this little angel and 1 picture of the parents with the little girl Natalie.

Not to offend anyone but....this site (to me) has creepy/scary avatars :eek: of the members. I don't know what kind of site it is...I didn't go poking through it...just straight to the pictures and left :eek: .

Maybe someone can bring the photos here.

Fermi, do you mean the avatars from Dreamin Demon? I thought you meant to them two knuckleheads called parents that starved their child to death and allowed him to get sepsis from sitting in his own waste for days on end. Dreamin Demon is a true crime site. They're not bad people. On the contrary. I check in there every once in awhile because I like the way many of the members write. No, they are all about justice for victims and especially the children. You should check it out I think. Just me though. It's on the line of how we post here, but they toss alot of wit in there. Thanks for that link, Fermi.

Hi Filly,

Yes...I did mean the Dreamin' Demon Avatars.

Thank you for the information about the site, I never would have guessed it was a true crime forum! I violated the cardinal rule of never judging a book by its cover. That's what I get for being a :chicken: and running off...and running my mouth...before I was informed :slap:

Hi Filly,

Yes...I did mean the Dreamin' Demon Avatars.

Thank you for the information about the site, I never would have guessed it was a true crime forum! I violated the cardinal rule of never judging a book by its cover. That's what I get for being a :chicken: and running off...and running my mouth...before I was informed :slap:

Awww, Fermi that's alright. Hey, better to be safe than sorry. I saw what avatars you meant, and if I hadn't known I'd have clicked off there too. LOL I'm always clicking real quick off some sites. No problems. Yes, often there's some witty writing on there. All the best to ya, Fermi and no worries.

First - about the legal services the father is receiving - private attorneys are often on a pro bono list with the bar association to take cases that the public defenders' office can not handle. Because both parents are charged, the public defenders office may have a conflict of interest (meaning they don't feel they can represent one or both or the clients because of another client they have whose interest they could not fairly represent while representing the best interest of the parent(s)) Since each parent is blaming the other, no single law office could represent both.

This just breaks my heart. Have we heard what state the older child was in when taken from the parents? The fact that there was an older child who was alive and not apparently neglected per reports was why I was earlier willing to wait for the autopsy results on the cause of death. Had they released to info that the infant was found in eight days worth of urine and feces, well, I wouldn't have been willing to wait for the results. Cases where one child is cared for while another is neglected do happen, but they are exceedingly rare.

This does sound like a case of parents on crystal meth. I say that because this is a recent pic of the starved infant. This baby was being fed until recently:
benjamin20sargentvo7.jpg

First - about the legal services the father is receiving - private attorneys are often on a pro bono list with the bar association to take cases that the public defenders' office can not handle. Because both parents are charged, the public defenders office may have a conflict of interest (meaning they don't feel they can represent one or both or the clients because of another client they have whose interest they could not fairly represent while representing the best interest of the parent(s)) Since each parent is blaming the other, no single law office could represent both.

This just breaks my heart. Have we heard what state the older child was in when taken from the parents? The fact that there was an older child who was alive and not apparently neglected per reports was why I was earlier willing to wait for the autopsy results on the cause of death. Had they released to info that the infant was found in eight days worth of urine and feces, well, I wouldn't have been willing to wait for the results. Cases where one child is cared for while another is neglected do happen, but they are exceedingly rare.

This does sound like a case of parents on crystal meth. I say that because this is a recent pic of the starved infant. This baby was being fed until recently:
benjamin20sargentvo7.jpg

I do believe he was probably taken care of until recently also. Although the mother stated the baby was James responsibility not hers. Also I believe the grandmother that she did put him to bed and fed and rocked him. It takes like 2 days for someone to die without water so how could he have lived for eight days without water. I do think he was given something in between those times, maybe not taken out of the car seat but he would have died way before that unless he was dead for sometime before he called 911.

I was telling my husband about this and showed him the pictures of Ben. His first comment was he looks like our son.

The if onlys are bugging me today.

You think they bothered to put the snowsuit back on the baby when they couldn't be bothered to take him out of the seat and change him? Something doesn't add up here. Regardless of how the Grandma said he was when she left him he didn't stay happy,fed and loved long.

I had an Aunt almost as disgusting as these people. Her house was so dirty if was condemed after she died. I'm talking fridge so nasty they just gave up on cleaning it, turned it off and left it where it sat. Only 1 bathroom and the tub was full of filthy clothes piled as tall as me (I'm 5'5"). Anyways, she had 3 kids the oldest is now a crackhead who abandoned her own kids, middle child was hit by a car after she let him and his 9 year old sister cross a busy intersection (she was getting high on something and couldn't be bothered) and the youngest she took off formula and put on skim milk at 6 months. The youngest has Asbergers and is Paranoid Schizophrenic now. Needless to say he can not take care of himself and will have to be taken care of the rest of his life.

Point is...I can only imagine the life Ben would have led if he been given just enough to sustain his existence

On Demon Dreamin I found a quote by someone who said they are related to these turdheads.
On Friday, Feb 22 at 4:20 PM cheryl wrote ...

i just wanted to comment on where the rest of the family members were. james and tracy just disappeared after ben was born (actually long before that). i am one of those family members and i would have raised ben if they would have let me (many of my faimly members agree. at christmas things seemed ok something happened between now and then. they are awful people i think they should be left to the same faith the gave baby ben. they would know what their innocent baby went through. rot in hell

f#@kin FANTASTIC!

peace to you and yours-I will pray for miracles...

I still have nothing to say about this case that hasn't been said. It absolutely leaves me bereft and speechless.

Oh dear Chicogirl36 :doh:

I goofed and forgot to include the link...I am so sorry! I went back and found it...here it is:

http://www.dreamindemon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12839

Thank you so much Fermi. :blowkiss: I apreciate it. Funny about the avatars- Its actually a pretty good site- They post atrocities that happen in the news regarding off the wall stories. They are all true crime stories, and usually have to deal with odd or outrageous content. Although most members have offensive comments and avatars, the site takes a humorous/sarcastic approach at reporting the monsters who commit these crimes-
OT-I found this site while reading about Rowan Ford. Poor baby- It has some of the best inside info to a case that I have read- Her sister was on there posting facts about the case and sharing insight on mom.

I keep churning this case around in my head, trying to figure out some logical way this could happen... so far I haven't come up with much. :(

I think the grandmother's story of the house being clean and neat and the father being doting sets off my hinky meter. It makes me wonder if she dropped the baby off without telling anyone. If Ben was asleep and the roommate moved the sleeping baby to the crib, would it be possible neither parent knew he was home? Then the mom comes upon him and gives him a bottle but realizes something is wrong...causing her to walk around outside a lot without a coat for a few days before skipping town like the neighbors are saying?

I had a friend whose ex-girlfriend was dog-sitting for him and she didn't want to see him in the drop off, so she put the dog in the mud room at the far back end of the house on the day of his return. It was winter and he had no cause to go back there, and for two days he was calling the ex saying please bring me my dog... Finally on the third day she answered the phone and basically said "da**it, I brought your dog back 3 days ago!" and hung up. The dog was FINE, but it had been in the mud room, no doubt crying and whining, for THREE DAYS. There was water, but no food and no way to get out. The dog tore up the place but my friend never heard a thing. He was so devastated and kept trying to figure out how he hadn't heard anything.... I keep wondering if something like this could have happened, especially if the grandmother kept him a lot and for extended periods.

I don't know. I just find it hard to believe anyone could just ignore the baby. Surely they must not have realized he was there!

I know, I know. :( I just keep praying there will be an explanation that I can stomach.

I don't know. I just find it hard to believe anyone could just ignore the baby. Surely they must not have realized he was there!

I know, I know. :( I just keep praying there will be an explanation that I can stomach.

Not to take YOU personally to task, but who wouldn't know where their NEW baby was for 8 days?? A dog, I could see you would place calls for a couple days. (And that's coming from a person who treats their dog like a spoiled only child :blushing:) But an actual HUMAN?? Your newborn? Nopey nope....If you think your BABY is not home then you harass the person who took him, (grandparent or other babysitter) and if they won't answer you drive over calling 911 all the way.

This is horrific..........
I'm sitting here with my 7 month old bub on my lap and Im crying my eyes out for this little darling boy..............
Some people in this world are not blessed with babies and animals like these let little ones perish............. I say tie them to a tree in the desert and forget about them like they did this little angel...
Blessed be Benjamin

I keep churning this case around in my head, trying to figure out some logical way this could happen... so far I haven't come up with much. :(

I think the grandmother's story of the house being clean and neat and the father being doting sets off my hinky meter. It makes me wonder if she dropped the baby off without telling anyone. If Ben was asleep and the roommate moved the sleeping baby to the crib, would it be possible neither parent knew he was home? Then the mom comes upon him and gives him a bottle but realizes something is wrong...causing her to walk around outside a lot without a coat for a few days before skipping town like the neighbors are saying?

I had a friend whose ex-girlfriend was dog-sitting for him and she didn't want to see him in the drop off, so she put the dog in the mud room at the far back end of the house on the day of his return. It was winter and he had no cause to go back there, and for two days he was calling the ex saying please bring me my dog... Finally on the third day she answered the phone and basically said "da**it, I brought your dog back 3 days ago!" and hung up. The dog was FINE, but it had been in the mud room, no doubt crying and whining, for THREE DAYS. There was water, but no food and no way to get out. The dog tore up the place but my friend never heard a thing. He was so devastated and kept trying to figure out how he hadn't heard anything.... I keep wondering if something like this could have happened, especially if the grandmother kept him a lot and for extended periods.

Good post, Dawn. I keep thinking drugs have to be involved and everyone was just too high and unfocused to remember a baby. Not that that explanation makes it stomach-able.

These "parents" pleaded not guilty, of course, but they were denied bond. That's a small victory.

The trial is scheduled for May 12th but is expected to be later.

Thank you, Dawn, for the updates you have been posting.

From the article posted by DawnTCB:

23-year-old James Sargent, and 21-year-old Tracy Herman both face 2 counts of first degree murder. In court the judge said prosecutors may seek the death penalty, or an extended sentence of 20 to 100 years if convicted. Either sentence could mean life in prison.

Coroner's Jury ruled Benjamin's death a homicide.

"The jury deliberated for only a few minutes before making the decision on Benjamin Sargent's death....The coroner says Sargent died of sepsis due to dehydration which was due to neglect."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCO
Back