IL - Benjamin Sargent, 5 mos, dies of extreme neglect, Peoria, 12 Feb 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh my gosh ... that is HORRIBLE. 100 years is even enough time to serve for this outrage!!! :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

During the eight days the baby was strapped in the seat, both Hermann and Sargent were home, "playing video games, watching TV, feeding and caring for themselves," Lyons said.

Sorry to say this but the parents have been charged. The baby was dead for 8 days before he was found. The parents played video games and watched tv. Someone else started a new thread about this at the top of this forum. Soooo sad.

http://www.legacy.com/pjstar/Obituaries.asp?Page=SearchResults

Sargent, Benjamin View/Sign Guest BookPEORIA - Benjamin Allen Reeve Sargent, 5 months, of Peoria passed away Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2008, at his residence in Peoria.
Benjamin was born Aug. 27, 2007, to James E. Sargent and Tracy Del Hermann of Peoria.
Benjamin is survived by his loving parents; a sister, Natalie-Grace Hermann of Peoria; grandparents, Thomas Eugene (Rosemary Irene) Sargent of Marquette Heights, Ill., and Wendell Allen (Connie Lou) Bohna of Topeka, Ill.;

Here is some of his obituary. Keep in mind Marquet Heights is not at all from where they lived so the grandparents I believe should have been in contact.

I can't get the link to work. Is anyone else having a problem with it? It just shows a little guest book in the left hand corner. Can't click on it or anything.

This is one of the worst things I've read about in years as well.

Years ago, I read about a single mother who just left on vacation and left her child to die alone in an apartment--she knew the child was alone and still left, and before that she seemed to be a decent mother. It was bizarre.

I cannot understand the depths of depravity that could ignore the poor baby and do this.

There is a picture of Baby Benjamin with this news article:

http://www.week.com/news/local/15849117.html

James Sargent's grandfather spoke to News 25 by phone. He said he thought his grandson truly loved baby Benjamin. The grandfather says when he spoke to his grandson Wednesday that Sargent was in tears. But he's not sure whether they were tears of remorse or self–pity.
James Sargent's grandfather says he is still in shock over the allegations against his adopted grandson.

I'm with believe - fairly speechless. I would bet my bottom dollar that drugs and/or mental illness are at play here.

My prayers for this family.

What a cute little baby. SO many people would have loved him and taken care of him. This is just so sad.

What a cute little baby. SO many people would have loved him and taken care of him. This is just so sad.

I gasped when I saw this beautiful baby. He looks like my son.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c144/aaw0114/mysillybaby.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c144/aaw0114/P6120001.jpg

It takes a lot to make me weepy but I have the biggest frog in my throat now.

I think this is all I can take tonight. I am going to go smell my sleeping boys neck and go to bed.

Goodnight all...

Honestly, i think nowadays a lot of these young people aren't ready to have children. They're irresponsible and have them due to their irresponsibility. They need to wait until later in life when they are more mature and have got their partying out of their system.

Honestly, i think nowadays a lot of these young people aren't ready to have children. They're irresponsible and have them due to their irresponsibility. They need to wait until later in life when they are more mature and have got their partying out of their system.

I agree with this 100%.

Some people are never ready to be responsible enough to raise a child. It's a lot of work- but it has the greatest reward. I can't begin to say what punishment these two should receive, but it will not be enough to atone for this despicable act.

This makes me so sick and angry. :furious: :furious: It really makes me want to physically hurt those that did this to him. :furious:

That poor baby. :(

http://www.legacy.com/pjstar/Obituaries.asp?Page=SearchResults

Sargent, Benjamin View/Sign Guest BookPEORIA - Benjamin Allen Reeve Sargent, 5 months, of Peoria passed away Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2008, at his residence in Peoria.
Benjamin was born Aug. 27, 2007, to James E. Sargent and Tracy Del Hermann of Peoria.
Benjamin is survived by his loving parents; a sister, Natalie-Grace Hermann of Peoria; grandparents, Thomas Eugene (Rosemary Irene) Sargent of Marquette Heights, Ill., and Wendell Allen (Connie Lou) Bohna of Topeka, Ill.;

Here is some of his obituary. Keep in mind Marquet Heights is not at all from where they lived so the grandparents I believe should have been in contact.

Survived by his loving parents???? Give me a break. They starved that poor child to death. There is nothing loving about them. :furious:

There is a picture of Baby Benjamin with this news article:

http://www.week.com/news/local/15849117.html

OMG, what a little darling!!!
I'm really just stunned. This child probably never felt love in his whole short little life.

Once again, the people living in the garage at the home need to be charged as well. There is no excuse for ANYONE, whether it was their child or not, to let this baby sit there, dying, starving, and overheating.

Drugs have to be involved; and not just any drugs, but methamphetamines. I bet they have both been tweeking for 8 days, and never gave the baby a single thought. Rot in Hell.

Drugs have to be involved; and not just any drugs, but methamphetamines. I bet they have both been tweeking for 8 days, and never gave the baby a single thought. Rot in Hell.

I really think so too. I really cannot imagine that at least THREE people refused to move, feed or change this baby for EIGHT WHOLE DAYS. :furious: :furious: :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dstewart
Back