Found Deceased IL - Brooke Naylor, 19, car found abandoned, Harrisburg, Saline County, 3 Mar 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What color was BN's Chevrolet Malibu ?...A lady on the site above says she saw a young woman, with a boxer dog, in a dark colored car, at the Dairy Queen in town on Thursday past .

Is it a puppy or a dog?
Was the owner suicidal or abducted?

Meredith Emerson's dog was spared by Gary Michael Hilton. One of his victim's was found in a rural park and her car was found abandoned on the highway.

Can someone link the police Facebook post please as I think it would be worth reading, I can’t link on my phone , I can delete this photo when you’ve found the main police fb source

Attachments

• 6DCE9B88-0D78-45B0-959D-BAF3E35B7E80.png
    6DCE9B88-0D78-45B0-959D-BAF3E35B7E80.png
    352 KB · Views: 129
Brooke Naylor, 19, was last seen March 3 in Harrisburg. Her car, a Chevrolet Malibu, was found abandoned on the Eldorado Ridgeway Blacktop about halfway between Route 142 and Route 1.

If you zoom in around the reservoir you see that there are all kinds of dirt road paths that are in and around there that go from the road. I wonder if it is covered with snow or not plowed, so it not accessible yet.

View attachment 172700

Google Maps

doodles- I don't think your maps have the correct area for the abandoned car. Eldorado Ridgeway Blacktop (or road) is named the way many roads are- describing the two towns that the road connects. See my previous post/map. And Rt 142 and Rt 1 as described in the article, bound Eldorado Ridgeway Blacktop on each end. So I am pretty sure the actual car location is 10 miles ESE of where you have noted by the reservoir. I know some map sites will take you to an incorrect area- I think when you mapped it, the software didn't recognize the "blacktop" in the name and took you to Eldorado Road, its best guess for a location. Let me know if this isn't right, but we don't want to go down different paths here.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 8.58.05 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 8.58.05 AM.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 16
Can someone link the police Facebook post please as I think it would be worth reading, I can’t link on my phone , I can delete this photo when you’ve found the main police fb source

I wouldn't delete your photo (the Facebook thread is too large to find it!).

Why would a car be partially in the road, and the window be down in winter?

To talk to someone? Someone going the same direction as you, so they can pull up besides you and speak through their window? Was she followed?

Wonder how far down the window was found. Partially is very vague so I wonder if she would have cracked it if she stepped away from the car to speak with someone and left window partially down for her puppy? Very odd that the car was in the road though, seems left there by someone else...MOO

Brooke Naylor, 19, was last seen March 3 in Harrisburg. Her car, a Chevrolet Malibu, was found abandoned on the Eldorado Ridgeway Blacktop about halfway between Route 142 and Route 1.

doodles- I don't think your maps have the correct area for the abandoned car. Eldorado Ridgeway Blacktop (or road) is named the way many roads are- describing the two towns that the road connects. See my previous post/map. And Rt 142 and Rt 1 as described in the article, bound Eldorado Ridgeway Blacktop on each end. So I am pretty sure the actual car location is 10 miles ESE of where you have noted by the reservoir. I know some map sites will take you to an incorrect area- I think when you mapped it, the software didn't recognize the "blacktop" in the name and took you to Eldorado Road, its best guess for a location. Let me know if this isn't right, but we don't want to go down different paths here.

So, is the name of the town actually "Ridgway" (without the "e")?

See link: Google Maps

So, is the name of the town actually "Ridgway" (without the "e")?

See link: Google Maps

Yes. The article that I quoted had it misspelled. Eldorado Ridgway Blacktop (or road) is on the most direct route on your Google Maps link, between Routes 142 and 1. The 16 min (10.9 miles) icon on your map is about where the car was found.

ETA- on my post #27 map, the road is named Eldorado Blacktop Road. This is because the end of the road near Eldorado is named Ridgway Road, and the end near Ridgway is named Eldorado Blacktop Road. The full name is more a description of what road they are talking about.

Last edited:
I am surprised that there is not more information available at this point from family and friends - whether released by the media or LE. Clearly, her friends and family were immediately concerned and they are making pleas for help on FB. No information about last confirmed sighting or by whom, where she was thought to be headed...was her car caught on camera at some point?

I am surprised that there is not more information available at this point from family and friends - whether released by the media or LE. Clearly, her friends and family were immediately concerned and they are making pleas for help on FB. No information about last confirmed sighting or by whom, where she was thought to be headed...was her car caught on camera at some point?

LE does not want to or need to give out information in this case, IMO. Typically, they will provide information when they can get something in return from the public, and that does not seem to be the case here. They know a ton more than we do, and may plan to keep it that way.

This suggests that LE has an idea of what happened, that this was not a stranger abduction, IMO.

I live in Chicago and have not seen a word about her on either ABC or the WGN networks (two large ones up here).

Maybe she is still a student at
Southeastern Illinois College (at Carmi, IL), where she made the Vice President's List (GPA 3.25 - 3.99) for the fall 2017 semester. (See following link)
SIC President's and Vice President's Lists for Fall Semester

She could have been home for the weekend, and on her way back to school on Sunday, with her dog. (Just speculating here!)
She lists herself as a former student there on FB. ("studied at" as opposed to "studies or enrolled at"). Currently working as a waitress in Harrisburg.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paperdoll1
Back