IL IL - Brooklyn, WhtFem 18-30, 533UFIL, Skeletal in woods near railyard, Jan'06

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A colostomy (sp?) bag? Ok that right there would be a huge indicator. What causes someone to use that bag? I wonder if the UID, if listed as a missing person, doesn't have info on the bag published but does have info on the sickness.

Lieber - OT but went to the same school :)

And yes, 309 is the area code of the town of WIU if I remember correctly.

To answer the colostomy question: A colostomy is technically when the large intestine is re-routed to the abdominal wall and the waste empties into a bag which attaches to the skin with adhesive.
More generally, colostomy bags CAN be used to contain drainage from a wound in order to keep the skin from breaking down. There are also urostomy bags which look nearly identical- and which drain urine to the abdominal wall when urine flow is unable to get to the bladder.
So there are a lot of different conditions which COULD be associated with the bag found nearby assuming the bag is actually associated with the UID.
My oldest daughter is a certified wound and ostomy nurse- and she herself had a (temporary) colostomy as a child as a result of an accident requiring emergency abdominal surgery.
So I would widen my thinking out about this UID to include a large number of conditions- not just having a colostomy.
-Abdominal trauma- gunshot injury
-Cancers of the small and large intestine, bladder, kidney
-Major abdominal surgery with draining wound / poor healing over time
-Short gut syndrome (associated with prematurity most commonly)
-Bladder cancer or removal
-Extremely large or troublesome kidney stone
-Draining wound on the abdomen or pelvis
-Hirschsprung's disease

I don't think it has been noted yet but this Doe was found less than a mile from the largest interchange in the St. Louis area. It's the merger point for Interstates 70, 64, and 55. It's possible she was local but where she was found makes me think not.

To answer the colostomy question: A colostomy is technically when the large intestine is re-routed to the abdominal wall and the waste empties into a bag which attaches to the skin with adhesive.
More generally, colostomy bags CAN be used to contain drainage from a wound in order to keep the skin from breaking down. There are also urostomy bags which look nearly identical- and which drain urine to the abdominal wall when urine flow is unable to get to the bladder.
So there are a lot of different conditions which COULD be associated with the bag found nearby assuming the bag is actually associated with the UID.
My oldest daughter is a certified wound and ostomy nurse- and she herself had a (temporary) colostomy as a child as a result of an accident requiring emergency abdominal surgery.
So I would widen my thinking out about this UID to include a large number of conditions- not just having a colostomy.
-Abdominal trauma- gunshot injury
-Cancers of the small and large intestine, bladder, kidney
-Major abdominal surgery with draining wound / poor healing over time
-Short gut syndrome (associated with prematurity most commonly)
-Bladder cancer or removal
-Extremely large or troublesome kidney stone
-Draining wound on the abdomen or pelvis
-Hirschsprung's disease

So basically any missing woman who has any indication of injury or illness to the lower torso should be looked into further? Again, assuming it's hers.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/533ufil.html
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/12167

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Sheri Ripp Brugger 1967 Illinois
Rossana Miliani 1976
Bianca Piper 1991 Missouri

Also:

She has DNA and dentals available.

Rhonda Runningbird was also ruled out, but since she's Canadian, she doesn't show up on the list. Interesting in light of the recent discussion, she had a colostomy bag due to internal injuries after a beating, per her missing website.

I am new at this and was wondering if anyone could tell me if they did a DNA test on MP35296 Sheri Ripp Brigger (Edwards, Madison Co., Il.) and UP12167 found 01/21/2006 in Brooklyn, St. Clair Co., IL.?

No mention of the potential colostemy bag in the Namus case.
Doe Network last updated in 2019 and DNA had been submitted but not completed.

www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/12167/details?nav

Demographics
Sex Female
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian
Possible First Name --
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 30
Estimated Age Range (Years) 18-30
Estimated Year of Death 2003-2005
Estimated PMI2 Years
Height 5' 3"(63 inches) , Estimated
WeightCannot Estimate
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date Body FoundJanuary 21, 2006
NamUs Case CreatedFebruary 21, 2014
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
Location Brooklyn, Illinois
CountySt. Clair County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Found On Tribal Land--
Circumstances of Recovery Human skeletal remains were discovered by people walking in a wooded area on the Norfolk Southern Railroad property. The remains were scattered across the ground in a densely wooded area. No evidence of burial was observed.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of Remains --
Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Physical Description
Hair Color --
Head Hair Description --
Body Hair Description --
Facial Hair Description --
Left Eye Color Unknown
Right Eye Color Unknown
Eye Description --

Original

Exclusions -
MP4441 Sara Bushland 04/03/1996 Washburn WI
MP1141 Rachel Good 10/18/2003 Rockingham VA
MP6161 Amy Haueter 01/15/2005 Jefferson KY
MP144 Rossana Miliani 11/26/2005 Jackson NC
MP4242 Bianca Piper 03/10/2005 Lincoln MO
MP35296 Sheri Ripp Brugger 11/28/2003 Madison IL

Monday 10/5/2020 we requested that UP12167 be matched against MP32668. We are waiting for the results...

No mention of the potential colostemy bag in the Namus case.
Doe Network last updated in 2019 and DNA had been submitted but not completed.

www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/12167/details?nav

Demographics
Sex Female
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian
Possible First Name --
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 30
Estimated Age Range (Years) 18-30
Estimated Year of Death 2003-2005
Estimated PMI2 Years
Height 5' 3"(63 inches) , Estimated
WeightCannot Estimate
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date Body FoundJanuary 21, 2006
NamUs Case CreatedFebruary 21, 2014
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
Location Brooklyn, Illinois
CountySt. Clair County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Found On Tribal Land--
Circumstances of Recovery Human skeletal remains were discovered by people walking in a wooded area on the Norfolk Southern Railroad property. The remains were scattered across the ground in a densely wooded area. No evidence of burial was observed.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of Remains --
Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Physical Description
Hair Color --
Head Hair Description --
Body Hair Description --
Facial Hair Description --
Left Eye Color Unknown
Right Eye Color Unknown
Eye Description --

Monday 10/5/2020 we requested that UP12167 be matched against MP32668. We are waiting for the results...

Thanks for updating - does the Missing Person have a thread here on Websleuths and could you link it here?

Came across this case while searching for matches between MPs and UPs and identified Lourdes Contreras as a possible as well.
I see that someone else earlier identified her and got some additional information.
As of this date, neither case shows an exclusion (UP12167/MP11841).
Any updates?

Also:

She has DNA and dentals available.

Rhonda Runningbird was also ruled out, but since she's Canadian, she doesn't show up on the list. Interesting in light of the recent discussion, she had a colostomy bag due to internal injuries after a beating, per her missing website.

That's awful. I was thinking the story of her going missing was very strange. I know nothing about colostomy bags but surely going into the deep countryside for an entire day would be very inconvenient and unpleasant while wearing one? Did she really want to go out for a whole day, hunting with her husband?

Edit to add, her common-law husband who she vanished while hunting with, was the one who beat her into needing a colostomy bag. Shortly before she was vanished, she was apparently gathering evidence, looking to have him charged for the assault.

(Sorry, I guess this is too far off topic as she's been ruled out of being the UID)

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aicontrolling