Found Deceased IL - Bryeon Hunter, 1, Maywood, 16 April 2013 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This article says she picked them out of mug shots she was shown. Could it have been random?

When the boy died on April 16, prosecutors say. Baker and her boyfriend Michael Scott made a plan to tell police the boy had been kidnapped by three Hispanic men and she even picked three out in a police mug book.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/04/20/mother-boyfriend-charged-with-murder-of-one-year-old/

Thank you, I hadn't seen this link previously. So, she randomly chose 3 Hispanic males whom she never met. I wonder if any of them were incarcerated at the time she pointed the finger at them. Now that would be one way they were cleared almost immediately.

I hope one of them fesses up where Bryeon's body was dumped so he can be found and receive a proper burial.

The couple even went over the phony story with Hunter's 4-year-old brother. But the brother told police that he knew Bryeon left the house with Scott and when Scott returned, Bryeon was not with him, prosecutors said.

Baker, 22, also ending up admitting she lied to police, prosecutors said. And Scott, 21, allegedly told detectives he knew Bryeon was being abused but didn't do anything to stop it.

snipped

"She also stated that she beat the victim on 4/15/13 while co-defendant Scott covered the child's mouth with his hand and held him down while she beat him with a belt."

The child ended up on the bathroom floor, "moaning and having difficulty breathing." Bryeon's torso was purple and bruised. He could not move," prosecutors said.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/2...cause-he-was-crying-and-whining#ixzz2R2K0DuS0

This article says she picked them out of mug shots she was shown. Could it have been random?

When the boy died on April 16, prosecutors say. Baker and her boyfriend Michael Scott made a plan to tell police the boy had been kidnapped by three Hispanic men and she even picked three out in a police mug book.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/04/20/mother-boyfriend-charged-with-murder-of-one-year-old/

One of the articles said she had been in some kind of altercation with her a few days before - and they came back to beat her up. I think she gave enough identifying information that they knew they had the guys she was accusing.

*Being moved to utter a bad word*

For truck's sake... There's never ever been a whiney one-year-old who became any happier because he was beaten with a belt.

I know. Incredible. It's true that baby's crying and whining is meant to get an adults attention and it's VERY VERY annoying to listen to - but there are tons of bad strategies that actually WORK. Like locking the child in their room, or giving in to whatever they are crying for, or giving them benadryl so they'll sleep, etc. I can't imagine striking a child when my goal was to make it stop crying.

Sick as he77 they went over and over their ficticious story with her 4 year old.
Thank God the 4 year old told the truth. I forget which MSM article, but the 4 year old told LE the boyfriend left with Bryeon and returned without him.

Yet another woman killing her baby to appease her lover. Or, watching her lover kill her baby. Either way, they both are worthless wastes of oxygen. Did they live with granny? If so, charge her also. :furious:

This article adds more details like that she beat him with a belt and then he beat him with plastic hangers. And more about grandma.

The couple then disposed of the child's lifeless body in a backpack before devising an elaborate cover-up which included pretending that the child had been abducted, prosecutors alleged in court.

snipped

According to prosecutors, Baker admitted to authorities that on Monday, April 15 she beat her 1-year-old son, Bryeon Hunter, with a belt while Scott covered the child's mouth so that his grandmother would not hear the baby scream or cry. She said Scott beat the baby's body with plastic hangers.

Baker says the beating happened in the bedroom, prosecutors said, but Scott said Baker beat the child in the bathroom.

Baker said the grandmother, who lived in another apartment in the same building, yelled: " ‘What's going on up there’ during the beating," prosecutors alleged.

The next day, Tuesday, the toddler spent the morning lying on the bathroom floor with a bruised purple body, not moving, moaning and struggling to breathe, prosecutors said. At one point his lungs were not getting air and his body became limp.

"She stated she knew the baby was dying," the prosecutor said.

snipped

Baker said Scott folded up the 1-year-old's body and stuffed it into his book bag and left the apartment, according to prosecutors.

Baker said she cleaned up the apartment to rid it of evidence, including throwing out hangers and some towels, prosecutors said.

Baker said when Scott came back, he told her he had dumped the body at the water at First Avenue and Oak Street. But Scott told officials it was Baker who put the child in the backpack and said she told him she dumped the body in the river at 1st Avenue and Lake Street in Maywood near a McDonald's restaurant, according to prosecutors.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...r-amber-alert-murder-20130419,0,3326086.story

OMG, this is the first time I am literally sick to my stomach while trying to read the articles. I couldn't finish. This poor little guy who didn't ask to be born went through unspeakable horrors (and this is not the first time, I am sure) at the very hands of the monster who gave birth to him. More than likely she is on public assistance, which further sickens me. And the BF's FB page showing another pregnant woman! I couldn't understand a word he wrote in his gangsta talk.

Praying hard that this little guy is with the angels and knows there will be no more pain. I have no words for mama and BF that wouldn't earn me a time out... and they aren't worth it.

That he lay on the bathroom floor and suffered from Monday until Tuesday without his 'mother' taking him to get medical treatment, is remiscent of what Ethan Stay endured.

I just don't understand why, in this day and age, people think you can get away with murder. Literally. They had to have known they'd be found out. I hope they never leave prison, and they are never able to lay eyes on their other children.

One of the articles said she had been in some kind of altercation with her a few days before - and they came back to beat her up. I think she gave enough identifying information that they knew they had the guys she was accusing.

She picked the men out of a book. There was no altercation. One man went to the police station. Another one was already incarcerated. The only thing that's probably true is the bf left with the baby and came back without him. I believe the 4 yr over everyone. Imo

From the Sun Times link The Cheese posted:

“She indicated that she beat her son with a belt because he was crying and whining,” an assistant state’s attorney told Judge Laura Sullivan.

“She also stated that she beat the victim on 4/15/13 while co-defendant Scott covered the child’s mouth with his hand and held him down while she beat him with a belt.”

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/...oyfriend-charged-with-killing-1-year-old.html

The article also states Bryeon's body has not been found.

There are no words, other than it's a damn shame Illinois no longer has the death penalty. These two deserve it. :furious:

I've been hit with a belt... I'm sick to my stomach reading what they did to this sweet innocent boy. He was only a year old for God's sake! MONSTERS!
I hope they let them into the gen. population in prison... The "mom" especially! Let the women in there who actually miss and love their children get a moment with her... She deserves it. And, so does he!

I'm still flabbergasted she'd point the finger at three innocent men who she obviously knew in some capacity, and who clearly know who both and her boyfriend are. I'd expect that alone to lead to some retaliation, either on the outside or on the inside.

The story these two concocted makes it clear, neither are the brightest crayon in the box.

I can only hope. :furious:

I just don't understand why, in this day and age, people think you can get away with murder. Literally. They had to have known they'd be found out. I hope they never leave prison, and they are never able to lay eyes on their other children.

Did you see the part of the article where it stated mom kept Bryeon on the toilet all day and sometimes fed him his breakfast while he was seated on the toilet?

IIRC, the boyfriend said sometimes someone would remove Bryeon off the toilet when they had to go.

It not only breaks my heard that mom did this to Bryeon, but what the 4 yr old sibling had to witness.

If either one of them gets less than a life sentence, I am going to be mad as heck. I'm tired of these measly 30-40 year sentences. What happened to the day when sentences were handed out that were in the hundreds of years? These :censored: deserve no less than life.....

I can only hope. :furious:

She picked them out of a book of mugshuts, so I don't they know each other even casually. According to msm, one of the men she accused was incarcerated when the alleged abduction and attack was supposed to have taken place. That tells me she doesn't know those she accused, because clearly she would not point out an incarcerated man as her attacker if she knew he was incarcerated.

I've been hit with a belt... I'm sick to my stomach reading what they did to this sweet innocent boy. He was only a year old for God's sake! MONSTERS!
I hope they let them into the gen. population in prison... The "mom" especially! Let the women in there who actually miss and love their children get a moment with her... She deserves it. And, so does he!

I've been hit with a belt too. A belt and plastic hangers.... I can't even imagine what this child endured.

BBM. I agree. No one was there to protect Bryeon, these two alleged murderers shouldn't receive protection either. :furious:

OMG, this is the first time I am literally sick to my stomach while trying to read the articles. I couldn't finish. This poor little guy who didn't ask to be born went through unspeakable horrors (and this is not the first time, I am sure) at the very hands of the monster who gave birth to him. More than likely she is on public assistance, which further sickens me. And the BF's FB page showing another pregnant woman! I couldn't understand a word he wrote in his gangsta talk.

Praying hard that this little guy is with the angels and knows there will be no more pain. I have no words for mama and BF that wouldn't earn me a time out... and they aren't worth it.

My stomach is turning right now, too. I haven't felt this way before reading a story like this, either. I don't think I should read more of the details - what I know is enough for now at least... At least in light of my background. I was hit when I was older though - I can't even imagine being a little baby and enduring that kind of torture.

I don't think she really only beat him because of the potty training. This sounds like a long-term abusive situation. She didn't just "snap" one day in order to inflict that type of torture on him - with the help of her bf, too?

Some people in this world really are not meant to be parents... What has the 4-year-old gone through - poor child... I hope they take him, and get him out of that family for his own good.

As for the Grandmother saying to speak to her lawyer - did she see signs of abuse? What did she know about what was going on? Or, is that just what she's been advised? Did they live with her, or really close to her?

I'm just sick to hear this and as I said above - I hope they let these two into the general population. (I shouldn't think the things I'm wanting for them to go through right now. I definitely think IL should still have the death penalty.) :furious:

:cow:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back