Found Deceased IL - Bryeon Hunter, 1, Maywood, 16 April 2013 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know if I just missed this in the earlier article, or if it's been added in subsequently.

Baker's attorney, Irv Frazin, told reporters Saturday the abuse allegations against Baker were unfounded and the defense's version of events is "entirely different" to the one presented in court.

“Well, she denies all that. We’ll get into that later,” said Frazin. “That’s their version. The defense version is entirely different.”

Frazin claimed his client regularly suffered abuse at the hands of her boyfriend.

“I’m not going to talk about any of the facts that are going to come out in trial, but I can tell you she’s been abused and beaten on a regular basis. She’s been hospitalized regularly by a man who is in the lock-up with her,” Frazin said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...er-alert-murder-20130419,0,5086339,full.story

She can deny it till the cows come home but since she did not call for help for her dying child and lied to the police to cover up it makes her look very much an active partner in this horrible crime.

I know it is not always easy for domestic violence victims to get out of the situation but if someone beats you to the hospital regularly and then murders your child it seems like it would be an excellent time to get rid of him. Just tell the truth to the nice policeman who is trying to find your child and don't lie to protect the murdering modsnip so he can come home and beat you up some more.

This article adds more details like that she beat him with a belt and then he beat him with plastic hangers. And more about grandma.

The couple then disposed of the child's lifeless body in a backpack before devising an elaborate cover-up which included pretending that the child had been abducted, prosecutors alleged in court.

snipped

According to prosecutors, Baker admitted to authorities that on Monday, April 15 she beat her 1-year-old son, Bryeon Hunter, with a belt while Scott covered the child's mouth so that his grandmother would not hear the baby scream or cry. She said Scott beat the baby's body with plastic hangers.

Baker says the beating happened in the bedroom, prosecutors said, but Scott said Baker beat the child in the bathroom.

Baker said the grandmother, who lived in another apartment in the same building, yelled: " ‘What's going on up there’ during the beating," prosecutors alleged.

The next day, Tuesday, the toddler spent the morning lying on the bathroom floor with a bruised purple body, not moving, moaning and struggling to breathe, prosecutors said. At one point his lungs were not getting air and his body became limp.

"She stated she knew the baby was dying," the prosecutor said.

snipped

Baker said Scott folded up the 1-year-old's body and stuffed it into his book bag and left the apartment, according to prosecutors.

Baker said she cleaned up the apartment to rid it of evidence, including throwing out hangers and some towels, prosecutors said.

Baker said when Scott came back, he told her he had dumped the body at the water at First Avenue and Oak Street. But Scott told officials it was Baker who put the child in the backpack and said she told him she dumped the body in the river at 1st Avenue and Lake Street in Maywood near a McDonald's restaurant, according to prosecutors.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...r-amber-alert-murder-20130419,0,3326086.story

I have no words. :furious: That poor baby boy.

I'm really lazy and not going to google this right now, but I was confused initially with the location they were in. I glossed over it, and read lake street and thought at first it said "maypole" which are both streets running east and west in a very rough area of Chicago's west side. So apparently this is a suburb and not in the city? I'm not familiar at all with the suburbs. I hate the habits of press to write Chicago when it's some place outside of the city.

Can someone break down where this is.. I'm confused.

I'm a west side dweller (Humboldt Park, Wicker Park, Ukrainian village) but I know the city like the back of my hand. Just curious where they are from.

I'm really lazy and not going to google this right now, but I was confused initially with the location they were in. I glossed over it, and read lake street and thought at first it said "maypole" which are both streets running east and west in a very rough area of Chicago's west side. So apparently this is a suburb and not in the city? I'm not familiar at all with the suburbs. I hate the habits of press to write Chicago when it's some place outside of the city.

I'm a west side dweller (Humboldt Park, Wicker Park, Ukrainian village) but I know the city like the back of my hand. Just curious where they are from.

Maywood is just 11 miles west of the city limits. Still in Cook County.
"Neighboring villages are Broadview to the south, Forest Park and River Forest to the east, Melrose Park to the north, and Bellwood to the west." Maywood is just north of 290 and just west of 294 as the two expressways cross there.

Here's a link to the wikipedia page so you can read more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maywood,_Illinois

I'm going to try to link to a bing map, but don't know if this will work or not.
http://www.bing.com/maps/?mapurl=ht...mlexport?project=en&article=Maywood,_Illinois

We'll have to agree to disagree on our definition of 'dad' and your use of 'splitting hairs' which I consider not 'jumping the gun' on something not yet listed in MSM.

Definitely, and you have some valid points! When I said I was going out on a limb, the implication is that I was stretching what I've read in MSM. Regarding the dad, IF he regularly abused the mother, it's not a long stretch.

I appreciate you here, Cubby! And look forward to your posts! :)

I lived in Forest Park for 6 years. Austin is the far west neighborhood in the city along Lake St. Austin is a pretty rough nieghborhood. The city limits are at Austin Blvd. Between Austin Blvd and Harlem Ave is Oak Park, which is a very posh suburb with historic homes that was home to Frank Lloyd Wright. West of Harlem Ave is Forest Park, which is more blue collar than Oak Park (mostly because FP shares Proviso school district with Maywood instead of going to Oak Park - River Forest district) but still very safe and friendly. Forest Park goes from Harlem Ave to the Des Plaines River. After you cross the river, you go into Maywood, which is very poor and dangerous and much more like Austin or Garfield Park in the city than it is OP-RF or FP.

It's kind of strange the way you have urban blight then some of the richest suburbs in the Chicago area then more blight. The story we were told when we lived in Forest Park is that Maywood was originally where the poor servants for the rich people in Oak Park and River Forest lived and the communities diverged from there once it wasn't common to have servants anymore, but I don't know for sure if that is true or not.

I have no words. :( :cry:

Prosecutors: Mom, boyfriend beat, killed child, made up kidnapping story

By Naomi Nix and Matt WalbergTribune reporters
5:43 p.m. CDT, April 20, 2013

A 22-year-old Maywood woman admitted she and her boyfriend beat her 1-year-old son with a belt and plastic hangers and left him to die on their bathroom floor, prosecutors said in court Saturday.

The couple then disposed of the child's lifeless body in a backpack before devising an elaborate cover-up which included pretending that the child had been abducted, prosecutors alleged in court.

A Cook County judge ordered Lakeshia Baker, 22, held without bail. Michael Scott, 21, was held in lieu of $750,000 bail. Both are from the 300 block of South 10th Avenue in west suburban Maywood.

Baker, who had two black eyes, cried in court after a judge announced her bond. Sally Daly, spokeswoman for the state's attorney's office, said Baker spells her first name differently at different times; it is spelled Lakeshia on her driver's license.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...r-amber-alert-murder-20130419,0,3326086.story

I don't know if I just missed this in the earlier article, or if it's been added in subsequently.

Baker's attorney, Irv Frazin, told reporters Saturday the abuse allegations against Baker were unfounded and the defense's version of events is "entirely different" to the one presented in court.

“Well, she denies all that. We’ll get into that later,” said Frazin. “That’s their version. The defense version is entirely different.”

Frazin claimed his client regularly suffered abuse at the hands of her boyfriend.

“I’m not going to talk about any of the facts that are going to come out in trial, but I can tell you she’s been abused and beaten on a regular basis. She’s been hospitalized regularly by a man who is in the lock-up with her,” Frazin said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...er-alert-murder-20130419,0,5086339,full.story

I completely believe that. The original version, that she beat him while this boyfriend only helped very peripherally - kept him from screaming - didn't make any sense to me. Doesn't follow typical patterns - and crimes often follow patterns.

When you look back at pictures, this baby was a beautiful. happy beaming child until Michael came in to the picture. I think he beat the baby to death while she basically cowered and did nothing at all to defend her child.

Typical.

Who is the 4 year old who lived there? I can't find any pictures/references to him anywhere. I'm no looking for names or pictures, just wondering who was his parent.

I completely believe that. The original version, that she beat him while this boyfriend only helped very peripherally - kept him from screaming - didn't make any sense to me. Doesn't follow typical patterns - and crimes often follow patterns.

When you look back at pictures, this baby was a beautiful. happy beaming child until Michael came in to the picture. I think he beat the baby to death while she basically cowered and did nothing at all to defend her child.

Typical.

Who is the 4 year old who lived there? I can't find any pictures/references to him anywhere. I'm no looking for names or pictures, just wondering who was his parent.

BBM- there is a pic of mom with the 4 yr old on her fb page.

From the article above...

The next day, Tuesday, the toddler spent the morning lying on the bathroom floor with a bruised purple body, not moving, moaning and struggling to breathe, prosecutors said. At one point his lungs were not getting air and his body became limp.

"She stated she knew the baby was dying," the prosecutor said.

Once the couple realized the child was dead, they devised a plan to dispose of the body and report that the child had been kidnapped, according to prosecutors.

SICKENING! :(

Have no words at this moment... :furious::furious::furious:

RIP Precious Bryeon ~

Thanks for that link Donjeta. I didn't realize an Amber Alert was issued. Perhaps that thread and this one could be merged? Or at least changed to FOUND DECEASED?

Thanks for that link Donjeta. I didn't realize an Amber Alert was issued. Perhaps that thread and this one could be merged? Or at least changed to FOUND DECEASED?

He has not been found yet, afaik.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back