Found Deceased IL - Bryeon Hunter, 1, Maywood, 16 April 2013 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM
I completely believe that. The original version, that she beat him while this boyfriend only helped very peripherally - kept him from screaming - didn't make any sense to me. Doesn't follow typical patterns - and crimes often follow patterns.

When you look back at pictures, this baby was a beautiful. happy beaming child until Michael came in to the picture. I think he beat the baby to death while she basically cowered and did nothing at all to defend her child.

Typical.

Who is the 4 year old who lived there? I can't find any pictures/references to him anywhere. I'm no looking for names or pictures, just wondering who was his parent.

^ "Baker made her 4-year-old son practice their story over and over in case he was questioned, prosecutors alleged."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-bryeon-hunter-amber-alert-murder-20130419,0,3326086.story

I work about five minutes from here.

Maywood is rife with drug dealing, gangbanging, fighting, and b.s.

It's also an area with many children -I couldn't begin to guess the average family size, but there are positively little ones EVERYWHERE JMO and in my experience.

This breaks my heart.

Maywood is just 11 miles west of the city limits. Still in Cook County.
"Neighboring villages are Broadview to the south, Forest Park and River Forest to the east, Melrose Park to the north, and Bellwood to the west." Maywood is just north of 290 and just west of 294 as the two expressways cross there.

Here's a link to the wikipedia page so you can read more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maywood,_Illinois

I'm going to try to link to a bing map, but don't know if this will work or not.
http://www.bing.com/maps/?mapurl=ht...mlexport?project=en&article=Maywood,_Illinois

Maywood is east of 294. IIRC, 294 is the dividing line between Cook and DuPage County. If Maywood were west of 294 it would be in DuPage. Elmhurst is just west of 294.

I completely believe that. The original version, that she beat him while this boyfriend only helped very peripherally - kept him from screaming - didn't make any sense to me. Doesn't follow typical patterns - and crimes often follow patterns.

When you look back at pictures, this baby was a beautiful. happy beaming child until Michael came in to the picture. I think he beat the baby to death while she basically cowered and did nothing at all to defend her child.

Typical.

Who is the 4 year old who lived there? I can't find any pictures/references to him anywhere. I'm no looking for names or pictures, just wondering who was his parent.

I believe Lakesha is the 4 year olds mom. I'm not sure if he or she is a half or full sibling to Bryeon.

I lived in Forest Park for 6 years. Austin is the far west neighborhood in the city along Lake St. Austin is a pretty rough nieghborhood. The city limits are at Austin Blvd. Between Austin Blvd and Harlem Ave is Oak Park, which is a very posh suburb with historic homes that was home to Frank Lloyd Wright. West of Harlem Ave is Forest Park, which is more blue collar than Oak Park (mostly because FP shares Proviso school district with Maywood instead of going to Oak Park - River Forest district) but still very safe and friendly. Forest Park goes from Harlem Ave to the Des Plaines River. After you cross the river, you go into Maywood, which is very poor and dangerous and much more like Austin or Garfield Park in the city than it is OP-RF or FP.

It's kind of strange the way you have urban blight then some of the richest suburbs in the Chicago area then more blight. The story we were told when we lived in Forest Park is that Maywood was originally where the poor servants for the rich people in Oak Park and River Forest lived and the communities diverged from there once it wasn't common to have servants anymore, but I don't know for sure if that is true or not.

My sons went to a school in Austin (that's where they tested into). I asked my oldest and he knows exactly where this is.

Maywood is east of 294. IIRC, 294 is the dividing line between Cook and DuPage County. If Maywood were west of 294 it would be in DuPage. Elmhurst is just west of 294.

You're right of course! Got my directions mixed up! Thanks for the correction. :seeya:

The couple even went over the phony story with Hunter's 4-year-old brother. But the brother told police that he knew Bryeon left the house with Scott and when Scott returned, Bryeon was not with him, prosecutors said.

Baker, 22, also ending up admitting she lied to police, prosecutors said. And Scott, 21, allegedly told detectives he knew Bryeon was being abused but didn't do anything to stop it.

snipped

"She also stated that she beat the victim on 4/15/13 while co-defendant Scott covered the child's mouth with his hand and held him down while she beat him with a belt."

The child ended up on the bathroom floor, "moaning and having difficulty breathing." Bryeon's torso was purple and bruised. He could not move," prosecutors said.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/2...cause-he-was-crying-and-whining#ixzz2R2K0DuS0

:( oooooooooohhhh this breaks my heart

All caps rant coming sorry !

I'm so SICK of hearing stories like this. You can drop your child off at any police station, fire station, hospital, library, church, even WALGREENS FFS. There is no excuse, beaten , not beaten, mentally ill, not , there is NO EXCUSE. These girls who claim they're beaten are all smiling and showing off their tats and nail jobs all over their fb pages, gloating over their pregnant bellies ......... *****************************. LOATHE, DISGUST, SHOCK, SORROW ......... I 'm seething. DROP YOUR BABY OFF if you can't potty train it, listening to its cries, get off the couch from a dope induced stupor to put a bottle in its mouth. I'D WAY RATHER MY TAX DOLLARS SUPPORT YOUR CHILD IN FOSTER CARE THAN PAY FOR YOUR MURDER DEFENSE ! This is so like Dontrell Melvin's case, mom and dad just making more babies, partying like rock stars while their child is dead. I hope the parents who killed their babies died blister covered, blood coughing, limb deteriorating, gasping for breath , lingering , slow, agonizing deaths. You deserve no less. You will understand why it happens to you , but your baby never did understand anything...........only knew pain and fear.
When my kids broke their bones I rushed them to ER. They were feet, hands, in no way a life threatening condition. Parental concern took over and you just go DO IT ! I cannot imagine watching a baby suffer for a day or two or three or 10 and just ignoring it........having my lunch , watching a show and pretending my blood was not withering away in the room next door. GOD is vengeful and he loves his babies. You fools better watch your backs . sigh............... :(

eta... I sooo wish I'd never clicked on this case .

I'm so SICK of hearing stories like this. You can drop your child off at any police station, fire station, hospital, library, church, even WALGREENS FFS. There is no excuse, beaten , not beaten, mentally ill, not , there is NO EXCUSE. These girls who claim they're beaten are all smiling and showing off their tats and nail jobs all over their fb pages, gloating over their pregnant bellies ......... *****************************. LOATHE, DISGUST, SHOCK, SORROW ......... I 'm seething. DROP YOUR BABY OFF if you can't potty train it, listening to its cries, get off the couch from a dope induced stupor to put a bottle in its mouth. I'D WAY RATHER MY TAX DOLLARS SUPPORT YOUR CHILD IN FOSTER CARE THAN PAY FOR YOUR MURDER DEFENSE ! This is so like Dontrell Melvin's case, mom and dad just making more babies, partying like rock stars while their child is dead. I hope the parents who killed their babies died blister covered, blood coughing, limb deteriorating, gasping for breath , lingering , slow, agonizing deaths. You deserve no less. You will understand why it happens to you , but your baby never did understand anything...........only knew pain and fear.
When my kids broke their bones I rushed them to ER. They were feet, hands, in no way a life threatening condition. Parental concern took over and you just go DO IT ! I cannot imagine watching a baby suffer for a day or two or three or 10 and just ignoring it........having my lunch , watching a show and pretending my blood was not withering away in the room next door. GOD is vengeful and he loves his babies. You fools better watch your backs . sigh............... :(

You can't, actually. The baby Moses law applies only to newborns. Parents can't just decide they no longer want their children and just give them up to the state. Remember when one of Nebraska adopted the Safe Haven law and forgot to put in place an age limit, and parents drove across the US to dump kids they didn't want? They had to meet in an emergency session to fix the law.

Parents can ask for help: and that comes in the form of parenting education classes, etc. If parents have insurance, and the child is acting out or is extremely depressed the child can have residential care for a little while.

Other than that, parents have to parent their child unless the parent is charged with abuse or neglect through the courts, or the parent finds someone else who is willing to take the child (grandmother, aunt, etc.).

I certainly understand your frustration with this darling child who was beaten to death - but parents can't just give their kids over to the state to raise.

Susan Smith, and Diane Downs, most surely would have given their children to the state if it were possible.

But people drop their kids and walk away all the time, with a grandparent, nanny, neighbor and they just disappear. There is no excuse and I'd bet most of these parents who beat their kids to death did know immediately that they did not want the child and could not tolerate the child in those early days. It's so difficult reading these stories day after day. I'm in a rut and need a good news story of a missing child so badly to tide me over through these rough ones.

It's just a shame with 1000s of us on WS seem to love and have empathy for people/children we've never met so much more so than their own family.

But people drop their kids and walk away all the time, with a grandparent, nanny, neighbor and they just disappear. There is no excuse and I'd bet most of these parents who beat their kids to death did know immediately that they did not want the child and could not tolerate the child in those early days. It's so difficult reading these stories day after day. I'm in a rut and need a good news story of a missing child so badly to tide me over through these rough ones.

It's just a shame with 1000s of us on WS seem to love and have empathy for people/children we've never met so much more so than their own family.

Yes, right, and i mentioned that in my post - if you can find someone who is willing to take care of your children, that's legal. You can't just dump them, though, they have to agree. If you leave your child with a nanny and disappear leaving her unwillingly holding the bag, you will be charged with abandonment.

But I do understand your frustration -

It appears that MS came into their lives around Nov/Dec. I'm curious as to when KB moved in his grandmother's building? I don't think he was beating KB. He probably complained about Bryeon often as the cost of diapers took away from their marijuana and drinking expenses. I can tell you that this new marijuana they're smoking makes people very angry. Especially if they run out of it. It's not our parents or even my generation's marijuana. This in turn made KB "discipline" him. I believe she beat this baby because of him.

I don't doubt that the maternal grandmother loved Bryeon. She probably would have taken him if she'd known that KB was harming him. On the flip side, KB may have been told that she made her bed and needs to lie in it. For every grandmother that raises a grandchild, there's one that says they're done raising kids. These are just my observations from having friends who had a child while we were teenagers.

This story really made me sick to my stomach. what she and her bf did to this little baby. Made him sit for hours on a toilet and beat him...omg I have 3 boys and my 2yr old would never stay still on a toilet, let alone at 1yrs old. Covering that baby's mouth...what did a ONE YEAR OLD DO TO DESERVE THIS? sick sick sick mother****ers.:furious:

All of the above and much much more. I am sickened that this sorry excuse for a mother can do this to her child. So angry right now. :furious::furious::furious::furious:

I certainly understand your frustration with this darling child who was beaten to death - but parents can't just give their kids over to the state to raise.

Actually, yes you can. Any state will take a "volunteer placement" foster child. In WA state they can leave their child for up to 90 days. If the parent doesn't not return the state takes guardianship.

But I'm with y'all. I have 11 children, almost 12. 9 of my kids aren't even biological and I would jump thru fire for them!! They sneeze and I am on it. I just pulled my 13 year old out of school to homeschool him because he was being bullied by the teachers. Not my children.

Once again here's a case that reminds me of Freedomland , a movie we recently watched. The whole time it was on various WS cases were going through my mind. It's really good and sleuthy!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back