Found Deceased IL - Bryeon Hunter, 1, Maywood, 16 April 2013 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree with you on that , but as for trials, I like FL sunshine law and I think JMO like in the old days if you don't want to be hanged publicly don't do it :) but as in the Shanyia Davis case, no cameras, not public, I just feel like the Mother and Killer should know that the whole world will know exactly what and how they did it , just for the exposure and humiliation ( and if its known publicly the gen pop prisoners might get wind of it, just an added bonus) I know some people don't need to know and choose not to watch I just believe the victim's story should be told, I mean look at the Bible its full of violence, sex etc, So in telling the victims story, I guess I feel its more of a teaching (please don't let history repeat itself )tool and caution tool :twocents:

Here in Illinois, our lawmakers shudder at the thought of having televised trials.....gee....I wonder why????? :jail:

I can't help but wonder if the beating was a planned part of making up the kidnapping story, and she agreed to it. I know that's a terrible thing to say about someone who was possibly abused, but it's been on my mind, because the whole thing seems so calculated.

I can't help but wonder if the beating was a planned part of making up the kidnapping story, and she agreed to it. I know that's a terrible thing to say about someone who was possibly abused, but it's been on my mind, because the whole thing seems so calculated.

I was going to say the same thing.did he do it to her to try to make it look like real,like it was from the *kidnappers*

RIP SWEET BOY!!

I completely agree. I don't think he was abusing her prior to the death of her son - their facebook page was too affectionate toward each other. The obvious adoration he has for his own baby, that she's carrying, I think would have kept him from harming her. Too bad that affection and caring was extended to Bryeon.

I think it's very very possible she beat her own self up. Those don't look at all like injuries from a beating - that looks like a purposeful blacking of each eye to me.

I was going to say the same thing.did he do it to her to try to make it look like real,like it was from the *kidnappers*

RIP SWEET BOY!!

Or he beat her into cooperating, or he just beat her for getting them in a situation, and it became convenient to use it as a "I got beat and they stole my kid" thing I have a feeling that's not the only beating she has had.... still no excuse !!!

I completely agree. I don't think he was abusing her prior to the death of her son - their facebook page was too affectionate toward each other. The obvious adoration he has for his own baby, that she's carrying, I think would have kept him from harming her. Too bad that affection and caring was extended to Bryeon.

I think it's very very possible she beat her own self up. Those don't look at all like injuries from a beating - that looks like a purposeful blacking of each eye to me.

And Jeanna, even guys that are sweet and affectionate toward their mates in public will batter them in private and then rant and rave about how much they love their partner, been there and looked just like her before, so really it isn't unusual sadly :(

It appears that MS came into their lives around Nov/Dec. I'm curious as to when KB moved in his grandmother's building? I don't think he was beating KB. He probably complained about Bryeon often as the cost of diapers took away from their marijuana and drinking expenses. I can tell you that this new marijuana they're smoking makes people very angry. Especially if they run out of it. It's not our parents or even my generation's marijuana. This in turn made KB "discipline" him. I believe she beat this baby because of him.
Snipped.

I'm sorry but if you're "angry" over being out of marijuana, that is a PERSONAL issue and has nothing to do with the drug itself. As someone who has lived a pretty socially liberal life I've seen all sorts of people doing/coming down from and withdrawls from actual hard drugs... Pot isn't addictive as many other drugs are, it's a habit, that's it. I think they are just scum who have abused kids before over their selfish wants. I have never seen anybody become violent because they ran out of weed. If they run out and get angry that is from a personal inability to control themselves, not from smoking some pot and running out. Once a poop stain in life, usually always a poop stain in life. JMHO.

Snipped.

I'm sorry but if you're "angry" over being out of marijuana, that is a PERSONAL issue and has nothing to do with the drug itself. As someone who has lived a pretty socially liberal life I've seen all sorts of people doing/coming down from and withdrawls from actual hard drugs... Pot isn't addictive as many other drugs are, it's a habit, that's it. I think they are just scum who have abused kids before over their selfish wants. I have never seen anybody become violent because they ran out of weed. If they run out and get angry that is from a personal inability to control themselves, not from smoking some pot and running out. Once a poop stain in life, usually always a poop stain in life. JMHO.

Yeah I do agree with this , in order to get angry it probably would have to be crack, cocaine or something else even Cigis will make people nuts but not weed! he is probably a really hostile selfish person IMO that's all it takes

Snipped.

As I stated this is new marijuana that the kids call "kush/loud". It's been around the Chicago area maybe 3 years. They go through withdrawal symptoms. As someone who enjoyed marijuana when I was younger, I can definitely spot the difference. They're not smoking the I'm happy, let's eat some munchies and go to sleep marijuana.

As I stated this is new marijuana that the kids call "kush/loud". It's been around the Chicago area maybe 3 years. They go through withdrawal symptoms. As someone who enjoyed marijuana when I was younger, I can definitely spot the difference. They're not smoking the I'm happy, let's eat some munchies and go to sleep marijuana.

Seriously even kush shouldn't do that, I think he was probably smoking crack too or add something in there ( my friend actually works at a controlled lab where the study the effects) its not like the pot of our days, you are right, and it is grown more potent but still not addictive, yes habit forming UNLESS laced with a non marijuana drug, but hey look where they live something was going on, and they didn't grow up in the best circumstances, I'm sure they have both had behavior issues, serious anger issues.......no excuse for killing a baby

OT: BTW GeeGeesmom my baby girl (furbaby) is named Gigi too they call me Gigis mom at the shelter I volunteer at! Thought that was funny!

Seriously even kush shouldn't do that, I think he was probably smoking crack too or add something in there ( my friend actually works at a controlled lab where the study the effects) its not like the pot of our days, you are right, and it is grown more potent but still not addictive, yes habit forming UNLESS laced with a non marijuana drug, but hey look where they live something was going on, and they didn't grow up in the best circumstances, I'm sure they have both had behavior issues, serious anger issues.......no excuse for killing a baby

Never ANY excuse for killing anyone. Especially a one year old for potty training.

Did you see my edit Geegeesmom, I think you posted before I edited:)

RIP SWEET BOY!!

Regardless of whether she agreed or not, I can almost guarantee the defense is going to try to put all of this on her bf - saying that she was pressured into beating her child, pressured into going along with the story, etc... etc...

I'm sure they'll also say that her confession was coerced or something as well.

All JMO, but that's exactly what I think the defense will do - paint the mom as the victim, and ignoring the fact that she confessed to beating this child...

From the article:
Baker’s mugshot shows the mother with what appears to be two blackened and swollen eyes. Montgomery said Scott is abusive to her. The cousin suspects that it was the boyfriend who may have harmed Bryeon.

“If you want to find the baby, they have to start with that guy,” said Mongtomery.

It sounds like Bryeon's father's family is convinced the bf hurt the baby. Don't know if it's denial, or if they truly feel that she wouldn't have done this without the influence of her bf.

Just noting - Bryeon's father is serving a 6-year stint for a felony drug conviction. After he was sent to jail in March of 2012, she started seeing MS. I wonder what type of drugs he was caught with (just curious because of the convo above).

It's hard to know what to believe in this case. You'd want to believe that the BF did something, and that he forced her to go along with the plan - even beating her to prevent her from taking the kid to the hospital, etc... Threatening her other child perhaps? However, if that were the case then why would she confess and say SHE killed the child once the story came unraveled?

As someone said above, I could see him getting ticked off at being put into the position because she abused the boy and beating her for that, too.

I'd hate to vilify this woman and it ends up that she truly is innocent of the beating and death of her son, and her bf actually did it (even if she was an accomplice after the fact - that's a different situation).

Anyway, I just found it interesting that the father's family is convinced it was the bf and not her.

Regardless of whether she agreed or not, I can almost guarantee the defense is going to try to put all of this on her bf - saying that she was pressured into beating her child, pressured into going along with the story, etc... etc...

I'm sure they'll also say that her confession was coerced or something as well.

All JMO, but that's exactly what I think the defense will do - paint the mom as the victim, and ignoring the fact that she confessed to beating this child...

The defense is already painting that picture. It's interesting that she was denied bond and he wasn't. It may be that the state's attorney is using the info from the 4 year old?

I don't know if I just missed this in the earlier article, or if it's been added in subsequently.

Baker's attorney, Irv Frazin, told reporters Saturday the abuse allegations against Baker were unfounded and the defense's version of events is "entirely different" to the one presented in court.

“Well, she denies all that. We’ll get into that later,” said Frazin. “That’s their version. The defense version is entirely different.”

Frazin claimed his client regularly suffered abuse at the hands of her boyfriend.

“I’m not going to talk about any of the facts that are going to come out in trial, but I can tell you she’s been abused and beaten on a regular basis. She’s been hospitalized regularly by a man who is in the lock-up with her,” Frazin said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...er-alert-murder-20130419,0,5086339,full.story

Prosecutors say Baker regularly beat the boy with a belt and made him sit on the toilet all day long.

An Amber Alert was issued for the toddler Tuesday afternoon and Maywood police began searching the Des Plaines River, but It’s not clear if the boy’s body has been located.

Prosecutors say Baker and Scott accuse each other of dumping the body. Baker had two black eyes when she appeared in court, prosecutors say Scott had beaten her.

The couple appeared in bond court Saturday and Baker was held without bond and Scott’s bond was set at $750,000.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/04/20/mother-boyfriend-charged-with-murder-of-one-year-old/

The couple even went over the phony story with Hunter's 4-year-old brother. But the brother told police that he knew Bryeon left the house with Scott and when Scott returned, Bryeon was not with him, prosecutors said.

Baker, 22, also ending up admitting she lied to police, prosecutors said. And Scott, 21, allegedly told detectives he knew Bryeon was being abused but didn't do anything to stop it.

snipped

"She also stated that she beat the victim on 4/15/13 while co-defendant Scott covered the child's mouth with his hand and held him down while she beat him with a belt."

The child ended up on the bathroom floor, "moaning and having difficulty breathing." Bryeon's torso was purple and bruised. He could not move," prosecutors said.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/2...cause-he-was-crying-and-whining#ixzz2R2K0DuS0

From the article:

It sounds like Bryeon's father's family is convinced the bf hurt the baby. Don't know if it's denial, or if they truly feel that she wouldn't have done this without the influence of her bf.

Just noting - Bryeon's father is serving a 6-year stint for a felony drug conviction. After he was sent to jail in March of 2012, she started seeing MS. I wonder what type of drugs he was caught with (just curious because of the convo above).

It's hard to know what to believe in this case. You'd want to believe that the BF did something, and that he forced her to go along with the plan - even beating her to prevent her from taking the kid to the hospital, etc... Threatening her other child perhaps? However, if that were the case then why would she confess and say SHE killed the child once the story came unraveled?

As someone said above, I could see him getting ticked off at being put into the position because she abused the boy and beating her for that, too.

I'd hate to vilify this woman and it ends up that she truly is innocent of the beating and death of her son, and her bf actually did it (even if she was an accomplice after the fact - that's a different situation).

Anyway, I just found it interesting that the father's family is convinced it was the bf and not her.

By the sounds of it (even though DT says not so) sounds like she regularly beat him and also admitted to it??

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back