Found Deceased IL - Bryeon Hunter, 1, Maywood, 16 April 2013 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So, they found the backpack, and the clothes, but no child? I wonder what kind of condition the backpack was in when they found it! I suppose it could've gotten torn apart in the water or whatever, but I wouldn't expect the clothes to still be with the bag if that were the case...

In re: to Mom confessing to abusing this child. I definitely believe that. I wasn't trying to say that Mom is some innocent victim in this. She definitely wasn't a good "mom" at all. Just that this specific incident it could've been either one of them. I find it hard to believe that the bf never "disciplined"(abused) the child as well.

All JMO! :moo:

When I read the clothes were found "folded" inside the bag, I didn't think it was found in the water. I think these two hid the clothes and bag somewhere in the apartment, and perhaps LE found it in the home? If these two, were too cheap to pay for diapers, I have a hard time thinking they'd willingly toss a back pack and good child's outfit. I wonder if cadaver dogs hit on the back pack and clothing.

Keep in mind, LE has repeatedly stated they found no evidence in their searches in the river. None. Not anything related to the case.

I'm now having a hard time believing the dump site was the river. :(
My mind is sadly now going to a dumpster being the dumping spot, and I hate thinking that.......

When I read the clothes were found "folded" inside the bag, I didn't think it was found in the water. I think these two hid the clothes and bag somewhere in the apartment, and perhaps LE found it in the home? If these two, were too cheap to pay for diapers, I have a hard time thinking they'd willingly toss a back pack and good child's outfit. I wonder if cadaver dogs hit on the back pack and clothing.

Keep in mind, LE has repeatedly stated they found no evidence in their searches in the river. None. Not anything related to the case.

I'm now having a hard time believing the dump site was the river. :(
My mind is sadly now going to a dumpster being the dumping spot, and I hate thinking that.......

I'm with you . I have a hard time thinking " dump site'' and 'baby' in the same breath. Any dumpsite is horrible. But there is something about dumping out with the garbage that seems extra callous like he was yesterday's newspaper .

Okay, I am going to ask and address a few things :

1. Where is the baby's bio dad ? I do not know if he has been mentioned.

2. Why didn't grandma know some of what was happening ? There is a four year old, I am sure that little one was probably potty trained early, since mom obviously thought she could try it with little Bryeon. Seriously, if my child had a baby and it was expected to perform certain tasks much earlier than normal, I would send my own child to parenting classes or give him/her a good talking to. Which leads me to ...

3. Something was amiss with mom and her expectations and the way she disciplined Bryeon. No normal thinking adult (or teenager) would even try to potty train a one year old, never mind the hitting him, keeping him on the toilet all day, etc. I wonder if this is a learned behavior, maybe mom herself was raised this way. Where would she have ever gotten the idea that a child this young could understand what any of it was all about ? Does anyone here work with families and know of early expectations like this ?

4. If this is a normal expectation in some families, perhaps there should be REQUIRED parenting classes for new parents. I wouldn't have had a problem sitting through a parenting class as a new mom, even though I had lots of nieces and nephews. I didn't know everything then (and still don't ) .

5 . Why were there 2 full grown adults beating a baby ? Why didn't ONE of them put a stop to this ? How can 2 people see this as an acceptable way to treat a child. ??? I truly do not understand.

Okay, I am going to ask and address a few things :

1. Where is the baby's bio dad ? I do not know if he has been mentioned.

2. Why didn't grandma know some of what was happening ? There is a four year old, I am sure that little one was probably potty trained early, since mom obviously thought she could try it with little Bryeon. Seriously, if my child had a baby and it was expected to perform certain tasks much earlier than normal, I would send my own child to parenting classes or give him/her a good talking to. Which leads me to ...

3. Something was amiss with mom and her expectations and the way she disciplined Bryeon. No normal thinking adult (or teenager) would even try to potty train a one year old, never mind the hitting him, keeping him on the toilet all day, etc. I wonder if this is a learned behavior, maybe mom herself was raised this way. Where would she have ever gotten the idea that a child this young could understand what any of it was all about ? Does anyone here work with families and know of early expectations like this ?

4. If this is a normal expectation in some families, perhaps there should be REQUIRED parenting classes for new parents. I wouldn't have had a problem sitting through a parenting class as a new mom, even though I had lots of nieces and nephews. I didn't know everything then (and still don't ) .

5 . Why were there 2 full grown adults beating a baby ? Why didn't ONE of them put a stop to this ? How can 2 people see this as an acceptable way to treat a child. ??? I truly do not understand.

I'll answer what I can.

1. Bio-Dad is in lockup serving a 6-year sentence for drug possession. He went away in March of 2012, iirc. This was stated by the bio-dad's uncle in an article just a day or so ago (the link is on this thread back a page or so).

2. The 'grandma' that was living in the same apartment building is the BF's mom. (I was confused about that at first.) The mom's mother lives elsewhere, and she hasn't said anything besides for media to speak to her lawyer, so who knows what's up with that...

As for the rest of your questions, I wish I could answer them for you - especially #5. I will never, ever understand how anyone could do something like this to a defenseless child. The story as reported in the media is absolutely horrifying.

I will say that I worked in daycare, and I never heard of someone trying to potty train a 1-year-old. I have heard of daycares/preschool not letting a child in until they are potty trained, but that's in regard to a 3-year-old and not younger ages. I have not heard of expectations like that at this age, but then I don't work with families or anything. I have heard some people brag about having their children potty trained at 2 years old and such, but in most cases I think it's an example of boasting, and not usually factual.

As always, all of the above is MOO! :cow:

There is an MSM article upthread that indicates bio father is incarcerated. IIRC, it was his cousin who did the interview, but I am not 100% that it was the cousin and not a different family member.

Bryeon's bio father, Bryant (same last name) is doing 6 years for a felony drug charge/conviction. According to IDOC site he was taken into custody March of 2012 and sentenced in November of 2012. IL has one day out for one day in for good behavior, he is scheduled for parole in March of 2015.

https://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/Offender/Pages/InmateSearch.aspx

I wonder if living with grandma could have saved this precious one.

I wonder if living with grandma could have saved this precious one.
Not likely, IMO. The BF's mother who lived in the same building probably spent a lot of time with them and never intervened. As for the mom's mom, I don't know how far away she lived, but if she's lawyering up I'm guessing that she was aware of the situation and also failed to intervene.

Poor Breoyn. He didn't have any real adults in his life. No one to give him the love he deserved. It's amazing that his brother has survived 4 years. I hope there's a mature, dependable adult(s) who can give him a chance in life.

Not likely, IMO. The BF's mother who lived in the same building probably spent a lot of time with them and never intervened. As for the mom's mom, I don't know how far away she lived, but if she's lawyering up I'm guessing that she was aware of the situation and also failed to intervene.

Poor Breoyn. He didn't have any real adults in his life. No one to give him the love he deserved. It's amazing that his brother has survived 4 years. I hope there's a mature, dependable adult(s) who can give him a chance in life.

Yeah, and what makes me equally as sick is the claim by the BF that it would "embarrass him" when she allegedly beat the baby in front of his friends... There were a LOT of people who knew this child was being mistreated, and did nothing to try to change the situation (as far as we are aware).

Maywood police search river for slain 1-year-old's body

By Joe RuzichSpecial to the Tribune
9:38 a.m. CDT, April 27, 2013

Maywood police said they will search the Des Plaines River today as they continue to look for body of a 1-year-old boy who authorities say was beaten to death earlier this month.

"The search has been ongoing," said Maywood Police Chief Tim Curry. "We decided to have a search today because the weather is more conducive and the river has receded. I don't think today will be the final search. We are going to have to search the area again once the river recedes even more."

"I feel we will likely have to search the river further south," said Curry.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...slain-1yearolds-body-20130427,0,7383809.story

I'm not going to blame any adults other than the two charged right now. It's not uncommon for abusers to isolate those they are abusing. We have no proof or information on how involved any adult was with these children once she became involved with MS.

Remember how isolated Adrian Lewis was from his extended bio family? His mothers family had no idea what was going on. I strongly suspect once the 'mom' (and I use that term lightly) became involved with MS, he isolated them from her side of the family and with bio dad incarcerated we no idea when the last time any of them saw Bryeon.

As for MS's grandma, we don't even know how long they were living in an apartment she owned or how well she really knew Lakeisha and the kids.

I'm not making those leaps on an assumption without any facts coming out. The only fact we have via MSM is that MS's grandma yelled what's going on up there? I don't believe she would not have contacted authorities if she knew a baby was being beat, family or not.

The group plans to meet at McDonald's at 1st Avenue and Lake Street in Maywood at 9 a.m. Sunday to search again. Volunteers are welcome, Holmes said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...slain-1yearolds-body-20130427,0,7383809.story

Also, at the above article they found a black bag containing something with an odor, but it appears to be animal intestines and household items which were discarded from a hunter.

I'm not going to blame any adults other than the two charged right now. It's not uncommon for abusers to isolate those they are abusing. We have no proof or information on how involved any adult was with these children once she became involved with MS.

Remember how isolated Adrian Lewis was from his extended bio family? His mothers family had no idea what was going on. I strongly suspect once the 'mom' (and I use that term lightly) became involved with MS, he isolated them from her side of the family and with bio dad incarcerated we no idea when the last time any of them saw Bryeon.

As for MS's grandma, we don't even know how long they were living in an apartment she owned or how well she really knew Lakeisha and the kids.

I'm not making those leaps on an assumption without any facts coming out. The only fact we have via MSM is that MS's grandma yelled what's going on up there? I don't believe she would not have contacted authorities if she knew a baby was being beat, family or not.

There were people who knew that baby was forced to sit on the toilet all day long - they would move him if they had to use the toilet at that apartment. People knew what was happening, they just didn't react. I can't imagine not reacting if there was a one year old in my extended family/friends network who I knew spent all day on the toilet, and I didn't do anything about it.

I also can't imagine a one year old sitting on the toilet all day long. The amount of beatings it would take to make that happen baffle me. I've had three boys, and making them sit still at that age in a high chair or for reading group for 20 minutes was a real effort. What was done to him to make him willing to sit there so long - I guess I don't want to know.

My understanding from the articles I have read on this case is that they report they used a backpack to transport the body.

It was later revealed that the backpack they claim to have used was located (I believe in the apartment) with the clothing that they reported the little guy was wearing when "kidnapped"

Not one of the things I read stated they claimed to have thrown the child, backpack and all into the water.

MOO It was used for transport but then returned to the home.

My understanding from the articles I have read on this case is that they report they used a backpack to transport the body.

It was later revealed that the backpack they claim to have used was located (I believe in the apartment) with the clothing that they reported the little guy was wearing when "kidnapped"

Not one of the things I read stated they claimed to have thrown the child, backpack and all into the water.

The main dump in Chicago is along the I94 corridor (the Bishop Ford) but there is also a huge dump in Hillside, which is along the I90 corridor (The Ike Expressway), quite close to Maywood area....have there been any reports of this being checked?

It kills me to think of this little boy tossed out like trash.

On another note, I finally went west today and the river is WAY high. Not over the streets anymore, but it's very, very high. It's over the trails, it's just a bit under the street, a week later.

Where is BRYEON? :banghead:

There were people who knew that baby was forced to sit on the toilet all day long - they would move him if they had to use the toilet at that apartment. People knew what was happening, they just didn't react. I can't imagine not reacting if there was a one year old in my extended family/friends network who I knew spent all day on the toilet, and I didn't do anything about it.

I also can't imagine a one year old sitting on the toilet all day long. The amount of beatings it would take to make that happen baffle me. I've had three boys, and making them sit still at that age in a high chair or for reading group for 20 minutes was a real effort. What was done to him to make him willing to sit there so long - I guess I don't want to know.

There is no information indicating anyone other than the two people charged were aware he had to sit on the toilet all day long. I doubt that any guests were there all day long to witness any of the abuse.

I imagine any friends who saw this visited for a short time and no where near enough time to know that sitting on the toilet was an all day long thing.

I imagine these 'friends' will confirm or deny MS's statements to police, at the time of trial.

Right now, I don't believe MS's statements. He's out to cover his own arse here. Not help the police with this case.

IDK, doesn't it seem odd, actually creepy, that they would undress him and bring both the clothing and back pack home?

I just have a hard time envisioning them taking the time to remove Bryeon from the back pack, undressing him and then tossing him into the river.
What an awful thought.

I'm sure LE knows by now whether they really used that back pack or not to transport him.

The main dump in Chicago is along the I94 corridor (the Bishop Ford) but there is also a huge dump in Hillside, which is along the I90 corridor (The Ike Expressway), quite close to Maywood area....have there been any reports of this being checked?

It kills me to think of this little boy tossed out like trash.

On another note, I finally went west today and the river is WAY high. Not over the streets anymore, but it's very, very high. It's over the trails, it's just a bit under the street, a week later.

Where is BRYEON? :banghead:

BBM. I didn't go quite that far east this weekend, but the Salt Creek in that area was extremely high. So was the Addison Creek off Cermak just west of 17th. Whatever street runs north and south just west of Addison Creek off Cermak, every single home had a lot of damaged household furniture etc along the road for pick up. It looks like parts of home were gutted, literaly, due to the water damage.

I was puzzling on that too because I too found it really creepy that they would keep the backpack and the clothes they reported him as wearing.

My thoughts on teh clothes, they were not the clothes he was wearing that day, simply a random outfit selected by mom to report him as wearing. Then they had to tuck that outfit out of sight and so, placed them into the backpack, which also must be hidden away. They hid away the evidence of their lies together one inside the other and stashed it somewhere in the apartment thinking they were being smart. :banghead:

As to why keep the clothes, pragmatism says she was expecting yet another baby. Poor folk don't toss out perfectly good clothes.

sigh. Sucks. this case. So tired of reading them day after day after day.

BBM. I didn't go quite that far east this weekend, but the Salt Creek in that area was extremely high. So was the Addison Creek off Cermak just west of 17th. Whatever street runs north and south just west of Addison Creek off Cermak, every single home had a lot of damaged household furniture etc along the road for pick up. It looks like parts of home were gutted, literaly, due to the water damage.

We went west on Grand and passed the river at River Road Gene and Jude's still shuttered (the river is still so high, water right under the bridge) went West and around the damaged areas. When we came home, down 171 (1st Ave/Cumberland) the water was close to the road. I'm sure every home even near the vicinity was affected. I totally feel for everyone who went under water during last week's storm. However, we have a little boy lost and discarded here, in our home area. No one is talking about that, there where many pictures of the river and no mention of Bryeon. I haven't heard a word in the local media about him. A lost, one year old boy, out there among the wreckage, or lost...heartbreaking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back