GUILTY IL - Carrie Olson, 29, Rock Island, 28 Dec 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you so much for the maps OkieGranny!

I am glad they are confirming that she could have been there ever since she disappeared.

I wonder if they found anything else with her. So many questions. I hope they get answers soon.

It is incredible to me that with the distance between the two locations, with the vast amount of square miles that she could have been in, that her body was stumbled upon rather quickly (though I'm sure not quickly enough for her anguished family).

She could have gone undiscovered for years as we've seen in many other cases.

:rose: R.I.P. Carrie :rose:

Such a sad, but unfortunately unexpected, ending. There was just no way with the hinky story from the beginning that this wasn't a tragedy.

:praying: for swift justice

It is incredible to me that with the distance between the two locations, with the vast amount of square miles that she could have been in, that her body was stumbled upon rather quickly (though I'm sure not quickly enough for her anguished family).

She was found by the land owner. I don't hunt but my boyfriend and his family are avid hunters. They have year round lease they keep. Right now they have been out there tilling and seeding getting it ready for turkey in the fall. Before then, they haven't been out there since deer. Maybe that was the reason this person was walking his land?

While tracing the roads and highways on Google Earth, I saw many relatively remote wooded areas between Rock Island and Hastings where it might have taken years for hunters to eventually stumble across Carrie's bones, if ever. In the satellite image above, you can even see a large undeveloped area of woods and water on the opposite side of Ravenna Trail from where she was found.

With so many places to choose from that could have been a better hiding place, why was Carrie dumped at that particular location?

I still feel like whatever happened the day Carrie disappeared, it was either unplanned or very poorly planned. Assuming the ex-BF is the perp (pffft, who else would it be?), everything from his explanation of why he had possession of Carrie's car and purse to his skill at body-hiding has been so incredibly half-*advertiser censored**ed.

I've always wondered if the trip to LV was already planned or a spur of the moment trip. I wonder if his GF knew he was coming for a visit or just came knocking on her door, surprising her with a 'getaway ' trip.

I've also wonder how this trip was actually paid for...

While tracing the roads and highways on Google Earth, I saw many relatively remote wooded areas between Rock Island and Hastings where it might have taken years for hunters to eventually stumble across Carrie's bones, if ever. In the satellite image above, you can even see a large undeveloped area of woods and water on the opposite side of Ravenna Trail from where she was found.

With so many places to choose from that could have been a better hiding place, why was Carrie dumped at that particular location?

I still feel like whatever happened the day Carrie disappeared, it was either unplanned or very poorly planned. Assuming the ex-BF is the perp (pffft, who else would it be?), everything from his explanation of why he had possession of Carrie's car and purse to his skill at body-hiding has been so incredibly half-*advertiser censored**ed.

BBM. I was gonna say something about the intelligence (or audacity) level we've observed thus far of certain persons involved, but couldn't find the words to convey what I was thinking without a timeout...lol. Thank goodness for small favors in the form of lack of forethought or just outright stupidity on the part of some perps!

I've always wondered if the trip to LV was already planned or a spur of the moment trip. I wonder if his GF knew he was coming for a visit or just came knocking on her door, surprising her with a 'getaway ' trip.

I've also wonder how this trip was actually paid for...

Good questions. Carrie's wallet has never been found, has it?

So sad (though not surprised) to see this story end this way. RIP Carrie

This updated story say it's possible Carrie's body was in the field for months:
http://m.qctimes.com/news/local/article_968c49c8-765f-539e-9c45-d13aaf16ab65.html?mobile_touch=true

He categorized the early assessment that Olson’s body had been in the Minnesota woods for 36 hours as regrettable, saying the statement “should not have been made.”

Dakota County authorities on Wednesday said it is entirely possible the body was in the same place for the entire three months-plus since Olson last was seen.

Also regrettable, police said, was that Olson’s family was not privately notified of the official confirmation the remains were positively identified. The family, along with local police, learned of the confirmation through the media, which was notified by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner Tuesday evening.

I wasn't aware of this 2nd blooper by LE.

Wow the family found out threw media? That's horrible. I feel for them.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

Surprise, surprise. Is this the girlfriend he flew to Las Vegas with, or a different female friend?

From myfoxtwincities.com:

HASTINGS WOMAN CONFIRMS OLSON'S BOYFRIEND VISITED

While the Dakota County Sheriff's Office works with authorities in Iowa, Fox 9 News has learned the man believed to have been last seen with Olson -- driving her car -- has a connection to Hastings and was in the area around the New Year.

Authorities have declined to offer any specifics, but the man who has been named in other media reports has a female friend living in town who told Fox 9 News he drove to Minnesota some three months ago before flying to Las Vegas from the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.

Read more: Carrie Olson found dead in Minnesota - KMSP-TV http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/25205671/carrie-elaine-olson-found-dead-minnesota#ixzz2yWDghGc5

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/clip/10037760/hastings-link-to-missing-iowa-woman

It was just a matter of tine I believed that after she would be found, people would talk.

Even with the huge mistakes that the LE did after Carrie was found such as the time she had been out there to the family finding out she had been found through the media, I am glad that they are keeping their cards close to their chest. I'm just really surprised that since she has disappeared I can't believe they have never had a press conference, or did I miss it?

Dang...I kinda spoke too soon. What is the actual story?

Police: 'Tremendous amount' of new information in Olson case

Information about how Ms. Olson died, or whether an autopsy had been performed, had not been released as of Thursday. Her body is being returned to the Quad-Cities for a funeral on Saturday, with Halligan-McCabe-DeVries in Davenport handling the services.

But I still do not understand what is going on??

How Carrie Olson was found and what happens next

An autopsy has been completed but other tests are being run in an effort to determine the time and cause of her death.

How do you 'complete' an autopsy without knowing the cause of death? Now, if I am getting frustrated, I can only imagine how the family must feel. Lawd, I hope they know more than we do, or I would lost it if I was them!! IMO.

I just hope there is justice for Carrie, and justice for her soon. :please:

I would like to add. I don't do a lot of research, I do some maps, but not good enough to share. I don't know how to get flagged for new info on cases, nor do I have other people in my life that are able to stop for a minute to think of someone who they have never known, or are miles away and worry and think about.
For some reason Carrie has caught my heart. I don't know why. I do not know her history, but for some reason I believe that she was a good person with a good heart.

I'm just saying this to be sayin'. I just hope this just not falls to the side and all have moved on. I hope they do find justice for her and at least some little peace for her family.

Carrie was found by the land owner checking or setting traps on his property. He was walking back to the road and spotted her.

I wonder how far away the new GF's home was compared to the the airport where they flew from.

There was an article earlier that showed a picture of the area that she was found. Granted, it looked a little isolated, but there were track marks around the wooded area.

Growing up in TX and showing my roots, but if there are at least a place where two tire marks threw down some grass, it was good to go. No matter how isolated it seems to be for others...

I wonder how far away the new GF's home was compared to the the airport where they flew from.

There was an article earlier that showed a picture of the area that she was found. Granted, it looked a little isolated, but there were track marks around the wooded area.

Growing up in TX and showing my roots, but if there are at least a place where two tire marks threw down some grass, it was good to go. No matter how isolated it seems to be for others...

From what I have gathered the female friend is from Hastings also. I don't know if she is the new girlfriend he met on the internet or someone he knew prior. It is 38 miles from Hastings to Minneapolis.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude
Back