GUILTY IL - Chicago, Female body in cardboard box, Jan'07 - Marlaina Reed

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think that Samantha's brow line is nearly as high as the unidentified girl or the cheekbones as front forward even though she does have high cheekbones. The post mortem photo of the girl is really awful. I didn't know a person could be so bruised all over. Who ever did this needs to be caught right after the girl is identified.

Im waiting on activation at CTV. If this Jane Doe can be indentified.. I think you will definately find the person who did this. They went through great lengths to hide her identity. Especially if they tried to remove the braces. And it would be someone who traveled out of there way to place her there. Someone is missing her.

I don't think her face is bruised in the postmortem pix-it looks more like lividity, as if she were lying face down after she died. It is an awful picture, tho

I left a voice message for Captain Pressely asking if Samantha had her braces removed by an orthodontist prior to going missing or still had her braces when she went missing. Am going to follow up with an email as well. Will post if and when he replies.

Thanks Soonerbabie and Cubby!
I sent a message to Angel4Alpha.
I haven't had nearly as much time as I'd have wished to work on this case and others.

Happy New Year, everyone!

I called Captain Pressley back. Good thing I did because he said he replied to my email this morning, but I have yet to receive it.

He said Samantha has worn braces since she was about 17 but she only had the pads and had cut the wires off herself.

Also, he said he was unfamiliar with doenetwork......

The person who originally made the suggestion has not logged in since the day of the post.

What does everyone think, report it?

I've never done that and this has been my first call/email.

Hi cubby - that was 5 days ago, I'm afraid Ive been very busy since this is the christmas season. If some of you are already in contact with a detective working on this - I don't mind at all if you go ahead and submit the information from the link posted in the thread to them.

Angel4alpha

I will send him an email. I didn't want to take the credit from you.

Thanks.

I'll let everyone know.

I called Captain Pressley back. Good thing I did because he said he replied to my email this morning, but I have yet to receive it.

He said Samantha has worn braces since she was about 17 but she only had the pads and had cut the wires off herself.

Also, he said he was unfamiliar with doenetwork......

The person who originally made the suggestion has not logged in since the day of the post.

What does everyone think, report it?

I've never done that and this has been my first call/email.

Angel4Alpha,
I'm glad I got to catch you the day you logged in! Thank you for getting back to us!!

Cubby,
It's great to hear you got to talk to the detective! I think you should go ahead and mention it to him. My moto is "it's worth mentioning, you never know, and it won't hurt anybody to look into it".
Maybe it's just me, but the bust looks like a woman much older than 18-25 to me, so I try not to focus too much on it as a whole, but rather look at the details. It could be wishful thinking, but when I compare most of the pictures to the bust, I see the same hairline and chin. And in that one picture where she's turned to the side, it seems to me like her jaw line is pretty prominent.

Before I found these boards, I reported 3 potential matches. I'm not big on talking over the phone, so I always try all I can to find a way to email the info. I made my 1st report by phone, and they were pretty receptive, and at least I know for a fact they got the info. I emailed the 2 others, and got one reply notifying me they'd look into it.
NONE of them had heard of doenetwork and nampn!!! Yet only LE can submit "Hot Cases" to doenetwork, so some people do know about it.

This was the first report I made, btw:
2.jpg
1.jpg

Jacquelyn Markham v. doenetwork hot case #806

When I called back I left a voice message with some brief info and sent the info via email. I did not contact the Chicago PD, just South Carolina.

He too was not familiar with doenetwork, but I did include that link so he will be now. I'm amazed at how few in LE are familar with doe.

I'm not sure whether or not he will let me know whether or not Samantha is ruled out, but I did ask.

I agree the bust looks much older than 18-25. Also, the medical examiners report linked at doe lists the wt at 122 lbs rather than 130.

Clemy, I agree the hairline and jaw look similiar. I also think the nose and the arch on the right eyebrow match.

Thanks again Clemy, have a wonderful New Year.

I'm just wondering. Does anyone think this potential match should be reported to Chicago PD as well? Was it enough to send it just to SC or should it be sent to both?

Thanks.

One of her pictures that show her teeth. I looks like there could be something silver on her left tooth. Just like on the Jane Does. So I definately want to know about Samanthas teeth. Could someone ask over at the other board. The lips dont match up. But Im thinking maybe somehow Jane Does lips could have been bigger than they were, when she was alive. Has anyone ever heard of that? The hair color and looking at the morgue photo of Jane Does hair.. well, it eerily similar to her hair in a couple pictures. I dont think this shouldnt go over looked.

As far as where she was found.. That is strange and reason to believe maybe its not her. But stranger things have definately happened. Find out about her teeth and you should be able to mark her on or off the list.

Sooner, that's a chip in Jane Doe's tooth. It's on the AMW profile that she has a chipped tooth.

I'm just wondering. Does anyone think this potential match should be reported to Chicago PD as well? Was it enough to send it just to SC or should it be sent to both?

Thanks.

I'd report to BOTH since CPD is actively pursuing information on this case. They might expedite it because they want to solve the case.

Wow. How could it not be Samantha.. How many people cut the wires off themselves?

I spoke with 3 people in Chicago and SC had already been in contact with them. They did pull up Samantha's pictures while I was on the phone with them and were pretty excited about the potential match. I actually had an email that I had not seen and was contacted from Chicago before I called them.

They are going to look into the dentals and let me know.

They were really wonderful to speak with and very thankful for the information.

Will update if I get any more info.

Great job, Cubby! I hope they get back to you soon!

Sooner, that's a chip in Jane Doe's tooth. It's on the AMW profile that she has a chipped tooth.

I think she meant this: Look how closely the teeth match on these two photos. It's hard to tell whether or not Samantha has the same overlap of the two top teeth, or the chip on the upper tooth, but check out how closely the bottom teeth match. They look like an identical straight line to me.

Samantha: http://www.clintonpublicsafety.org/samanthasmith.html ( top pic )

Jane Doe:
http://www.amw.com/popupimage_view.cfm?id=16070

Also, thanks for the nice messages.

I think Samantha Renee Smith is a good match
the eyebrows, nose, and forehead seem all very similar

Wow. How could it not be Samantha.. How many people cut the wires off themselves?

It would be odd for a girl to take off a full set of braces and go around with that glue showing on all the top teeth unless she couldn't get it off. Cubby said that Samantha only had the pads and cut the wires off herself. Are pads a retainer, the bands, or just what are they? If they are a retainer that is left glued in after years of work, I know that I took my own out years ago and so did my daughter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back