GUILTY IL - Chicago, Female body in cardboard box, Jan'07 - Marlaina Reed

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is some additional information I found on Chicago Jane doe which I had not seen anywhere previously.

http://www.ada.org/prof/resources/pubs/adanews/adanewsarticle.asp?articleid=2809

From the link:

The postmortem dental charting done March 8 showed orthodontic bands present on teeth Nos. 3 and 14. Orthodontic bonding cement without the orthodontic brackets was found on four of the upper anterior teeth (Nos. 7-10) and there was a distal composite on No. 13. Because the distal root apex on tooth No. 18 was not fully completed and the lower third molars had not erupted and were positioned in buccoversion with no root development visible on X-rays, police now estimate her age between 15-17, when they originally thought she was 20-30.

I think we should focus on a little lower age group as indicated unless someone more familiar with dental info has knowledge of undeveloped roots and third molars in the early 20's.

Ok this is weird. They have now removed the information on Samantha Anding. Has anyone heard anything about this? Thanks!

I just called. Samantha Anding is no longer missing.

Here is some additional information I found on Chicago Jane doe which I had not seen anywhere previously.

http://www.ada.org/prof/resources/pubs/adanews/adanewsarticle.asp?articleid=2809

From the link:

The postmortem dental charting done March 8 showed orthodontic bands present on teeth Nos. 3 and 14. Orthodontic bonding cement without the orthodontic brackets was found on four of the upper anterior teeth (Nos. 7-10) and there was a distal composite on No. 13. Because the distal root apex on tooth No. 18 was not fully completed and the lower third molars had not erupted and were positioned in buccoversion with no root development visible on X-rays, police now estimate her age between 15-17, when they originally thought she was 20-30.

I think we should focus on a little lower age group as indicated unless someone more familiar with dental info has knowledge of undeveloped roots and third molars in the early 20's.

She's probably a teenage runaway that unfortunately got caught up in the wrong crowd. She ran away, cut off her braces to make herself look a little older, and maybe met some new people in a new city (Chicago).

That blue bandana they found on her troubles me because it could be taken as being a sign of the Gangster Disciples gang in Chicago. Blue and black are their colors and they're known to use those exact bandanas (worn in their back right pocket).

There's no way SHE could have been a gang banger in the GD's because she is a white female. The GD's are pretty much exclusively black males, BUT she may have been dating or in the company of one when she was murdered.

I'm just offering different perspectives on this, since I'm a Chicagoan, and know about these things...

I'ts hard to tell Dee. The ht and wts are a bit off. The ht by 3".

I forgot to mention this earlier. When I initially spoke with the detective in Chicago regarding the possible match with Samantha he had asked about tatoos. I said the sites read JD had none. He mentioned JD had none on her arms or legs, but it is possible if she had one elsewhere it may have been missed/overlooked in the exam.

I think we should take that into consideration when looking for possible matches.

I forgot to mention this earlier. When I initially spoke with the detective in Chicago regarding the possible match with Samantha he had asked about tatoos. I said the sites read JD had none. He mentioned JD had none on her arms or legs, but it is possible if she had one elsewhere it may have been missed/overlooked in the exam.

I think we should take that into consideration when looking for possible matches.

How could the ME "miss" a tattoo??? I thought that would be the FIRST thing they'd look for!!!

How could the ME "miss" a tattoo??? I thought that would be the FIRST thing they'd look for!!!

Dee, I got the impression he thought it was a small possibility. He did not indicate why, however my guess would be the autopsy pictures which we did not see. My impression was perhaps based on the state of decomp with the body. I just added that info because if by chance he is correct, we should consider someone with a small tat on the torso.

I'm thinking that the bust shows a woman quite a bit older than 25. The braces don't necessarily point to a younger woman. My boss is 42 and she just got braces; another man at the office is 35 and wears braces also....

She could be of eastern European ancestry, the high cheekbones point to it. I have them also, and only one of my grandparents was polish. Maybe she is a Russian mail bride? There are so many Russian women who have found that the American dream could not be found with the men they came to marry. Maybe she was killed by a husband who found out she wasn't as pliable and grateful as he thought she should be? (I work with a lady from Russia who had a bad "American Dream". She was lucky to get away with her life ---- and she looks a LOT like this Jane Doe).

Just thinking outside the box.......

I'm thinking that the bust shows a woman quite a bit older than 25. The braces don't necessarily point to a younger woman. My boss is 42 and she just got braces; another man at the office is 35 and wears braces also....

She could be of eastern European ancestry, the high cheekbones point to it. I have them also, and only one of my grandparents was polish. Maybe she is a Russian mail bride? There are so many Russian women who have found that the American dream could not be found with the men they came to marry. Maybe she was killed by a husband who found out she wasn't as pliable and grateful as he thought she should be? (I work with a lady from Russia who had a bad "American Dream". She was lucky to get away with her life ---- and she looks a LOT like this Jane Doe).

Just thinking outside the box.......

The ME says that they believe she's in her teens/early 20s.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back