IL IL - Christie Cales, 40, Blue Island, 11 March 1998

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When I think of all the horror in Christie's life, even before Stacy disappeared, I wonder if maybe Christie is alive and is sheltered from the things of the world.
Is it possible that in a time of despair or depression, when she was last seen with her Bible, that she was turning to something different and found peace and solace in a religious order?

I have wondered if she either joined a closed religious sect or maybe even sought refuge at a convent and is there still. As I understand it, they are usually separated from the news of the world, so she would not know of Stacy's disappearance.

The cynical part of me says if DP was around, terrible trouble followed him in the door, but the hopeful part of me hopes that Christie is still alive and that she found something wonderful, away from an abusive husband and the pain of losing her children.

Jana:

I was also thinking the same thoughts you had posted. But the time lapse from her two daughter's deaths until she disappeard, along with Stacy now being missing, makes me really wonder if DP just might have had something to do with her disappearance????

It's been so long.......................the LE and the State, and from what I hear tonight, FBI, have enough to work on in getting DP

Jana:

I was also thinking the same thoughts you had posted. But the time lapse from her two daughter's deaths until she disappeard, along with Stacy now being missing, makes me really wonder if DP just might have had something to do with her disappearance????

It's been so long.......................the LE and the State, and from what I hear tonight, FBI, have enough to work on in getting DP BEHIND BARS!

But I am hoping after all that is done, that Stacy's Mom disappearance will be investigated!! IMO

Jana:

It's been so long.......................the LE and the State, and from what I hear tonight, FBI, have enough to work on in getting DP BEHIND BARS!

But I am hoping after all that is done, that Stacy's Mom disappearance will be investigated!! IMO

I definitely hope Christie's disappearance is investigated to the fullest extent possible. She deserves justice too, if she is deceased.

I can't help but think Chrisite Cales would come out of hiding with the recent events going on. I really feel Drew had something to do with her disappearance, but hope it's not so.

Taxi:

From get go, I have always felt that DP most likely had something to do with Christie's disappearance. I am hoping after Stacy is found and the results of Kitty's COD have been solved, that the LE or someone will go back and reinvestigate Christie's disappearance.

I've been search for even one tiny little blurb in a newspaper about her disappearance, but so far have had no luck. Will keep trying!!!!!

Christie Cales was last seen alive in March, 1998. So it's been 9 years, 9 months.

While I have heard about "religious sects", and it is known that Christie was last seen with a bible in her hand, I find it too hard to believe with all of the NATIONAL attention on Stacy and Kathleen, that IF Christie were alive, she would have come out of hiding by now.

While she might not have been the best mother in the world, I would think she would be concerned about the whereabouts of a missing child.

Is it possible that when DP said "she's where she wants to be" he meant she's with her mother, like in heaven or even buried near her?

We need to find out more about the man she was staying with when she disappeared.

Is it possible that when DP said "she's where she wants to be" he meant she's with her mother, like in heaven or even buried near her?
I thought of this, too. I think the FBI will dig deeper into her disappearance in light of all the other questions coming out about Drew and his history with women from his past as well as Stacey.

112607boling1.jpg_20071126_02_47_06_2-282-400.imageContent

If Stacy Peterson left her family for another man, as her husband, Drew Peterson, claims, is this a case of history repeating itself?
Nine years ago, Stacy's mother, Christie Cales, disappeared, abandoning her family after the accidental deaths of two of her children in less than four years. (more at link)

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/667009,CST-NWS-bolingbrook26.article

If anything, the above article shows me that she is likely dead. Since there hasn't been any LE activity on her since she disappeared.

Alcoholic, to the point of arrests for shoplifting alcohol and DUI. Depressed. With her history, I wonder if maybe she could be homeless or at least have started out that way? I have read studies which say many homeless have some type of mental illness. And if she was living on her own, then paying for rent would have cut into her alcohol funds- if she was staying with family they may have tried to restrain her drinking. With the depression, many times there is the feeling that people around you would be better off without you- her children were with their father, she may have felt useless- I wonder if maybe she just wondered off one day and felt others would be better off without her?

Anthony Cales and Linda Olson married in the parking lot of a bar. They are both heavy drinkers according to Linda. DP owned a bar, Sud's Pub. He was recently seen with his son Steve and ex-cop Randy Munich (sic) at Leo's Bar. He is no stranger to bars and alcohol.
Christie Cales was an alcoholic. Anthony Cales has a history of domestic violence with more than one wife. Including pulling a .357 on Christie. He also blamed Christie for Jessica's death.

I still believe there is a possibility DP was involved in CC's death. All these people lives may have intertwined at some point. Not accusing
Mr. Cales of conspiring with DP to kill Christie, but I see where he may have held a grudge about Jessica's death.

Let's not forget that KP (wife #3) started getting letters about DP cheating in 1997. The same year the Cales moved to Romeoville and Stacy started attending Romeoville High. DP used to live in Romeoville too although I can't determine what yrs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dianthe
Back