IL IL - Christie Cales, 40, Blue Island, 11 March 1998

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sadly,I would have to conclude that Stacy's mother is deceased.
Surely she would have turned up or somebody would certainly have turned her up in light of the media attention focused on this case.
I certainly hope they are taking a damn close look at Peterson pertaining to this but then again,
a women simply leaving the house and falling off the face of the earth never to be seen again is all too common.As all of us who fequent this board know.
This poor family has had to face way more the its share of burdens.

Watched that on the Today Show..Dr Phil seems to strongly believe that Stacy would not have followed in her Mom's footsteps..so does her sister.There has been no indication that Stacy was anything like her Mom as far as her Mom's alcoholism and arrest record. Stacy was a super parent and would not have left those children willingly. All seemed in agreement that Stacy would not have runaway.

Cassandra just posted on www.findstacypeterson.com that Blue Island PD just reopened the case of her missing mother. They are looking into the man she was with at the time who said she left carrying a bible and heading to church.

Cassandra said Christie did not know Drew.

Great! You all know how I've been wanting this!

I know that Cass says her mom didn't know Drew, but she would have been around 11 to 15 years old then. (I don't know Cass's DOB, but Stacy was 13 years old when Christy disappeared.) So, her Mom might have known DP without Cass or Stacy knowing at that time. Plus, I believe at one time DP and the Cales lived within close proximity of each other.

Maybe, DP and the man that Christy was living with knew each other?

It sounds as if they are finally looking at the person who last saw Christie Cales. Most likely with her history, at the time LE probably looked at this case as a 'voluntarily missing' case. But since LE looked so bad once the truth came out on Kathleen that they are now trying to make up for it by looking at Christie Cales too.

Poor Cassandra sure has a full plate with everything going on in her life right now. I feel so sorry for her!

Maybe, DP and the man that Christy was living with knew each other?
I hadn't thought of that possibility. Glad you brought this up because it could be. Drew knew the dregs of society in the area and their cohorts. We don't know anything about this man, but we need to start digging! With Christie's troubled past, there are many unanswered questions and possibilities.

Poor Cassandra sure has a full plate with everything going on in her life right now. I feel so sorry for her!
Awww, I know what you mean. It is heartwrenching! I told her earlier that she had no idea when she started this that it would have such an impact on so many, including herself.

She has already brought some justice to many by placing Drew in the position he currently finds himself. People learned what he is capable of which resulted in Kathleen's death being reopened. Now, she may find answers in her mother's and sister's disappearances, too. (This doesn't even touch on the other missing or dead people Drew could be connected to.) When she made all the right decisions in the beginning, she opened his Pandora's box.

Cassandra has proven herself to be a strong, smart, and courageous woman of such a young age. I don't know many who would have gone up against a man like Drew in such authority and not given a thought about their own safety. She has done a remarkable job to stand up to him and make sure someone listened! I am in awe of her! :clap:

Awww, I know what you mean. It is heartwrenching! I told her earlier that she had no idea when she started this that it would have such an impact on so many, including herself.

She has already brought some justice to many by placing Drew in the position he currently finds himself. People learned what he is capable of which resulted in Kathleen's death being reopened. Now, she may find answers in her mother's and sister's disappearances, too. (This doesn't even touch on the other missing or dead people Drew could be connected to.) When she made all the right decisions in the beginning, she opened his Pandora's box.

Cassandra has proven herself to be a strong, smart, and courageous woman of such a young age. I don't know many who would have gone up against a man like Drew in such authority and not given a thought about their own safety. She has done a remarkable job to stand up to him and make sure someone listened! I am in awe of her! :clap:
I am in awe of her too!!! Drew Peterson is not in awe of anyone ,not even God.(if he did he could not blantantly commit so much evil) I fear for Cassandra. Can someone request protection from him for her. I cannot imagine her being add to the string of deaths caused by Drew. Please have someone protect her.:mad:

It's true that Cassandra has almost more than she can bear - a mother missing, a sister missing, and her other sister died from cancer.

On the other hand, she is truly lucky to be alive and is probably grateful for that. If she had ever been on Drew's bad side, she might not be here to tell us anything.

I think everyone around her is looking out for Cassandra. Drew isn't going to pull anything with her. I am sure while he seethes behind his closed doors at her overpowering him to get this thing started, he also knows he can't touch her. Frankly, I think Cassandra would rip him a new one if he ever tried. : )

I am late in seeing this thread! Sorry for posting late but I just left Blue Island Il. and honestly, it is kinda rough. Back then, my friend said it was even worse. It is a lovely town but it is smack between some very bad places. Anything or anyone could have happened to her.

Cassandra just posted on www.findstacypeterson.com that Blue Island PD just reopened the case of her missing mother. They are looking into the man she was with at the time who said she left carrying a bible and heading to church.

Wonder what is happening here with this PD on Christie's disappearance?

Not trying to add more stress to Cass, but just wondering.

Blue Island PD informed Cassandra around the 8th of December they had reopened her mother's case. It is a very positive thing!

I don't mean to be overly suspicious, but this bothers me:

Aikin said the detective who called her earlier this month wanted to know details of Aikin's last conversation with Cales.

"They haven't found anything, but they are just looking into it more," Aikin said. The detective "didn't want to get my hopes up."

Blue Island Deputy Police Chief Phil Contreras said Friday he was unaware of renewed police efforts to find Cales.

I hope that was really a police officer who called the aunt, and not a defense attorney or someone else.

I think I've probably seen too many tv shows, and this really is good news.

I don't mean to be overly suspicious, but this bothers me:

I hope that was really a police officer who called the aunt, and not a defense attorney or someone else.

I think I've probably seen too many tv shows, and this really is good news.
My 'hinky' meter went up also when I read that.

Her Aunt Candy lives not far from me and I bet it was someone just wanting a story, not a detective.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that. :)

I doubt she got the guy's badge number or anything, and she probably just trusted what he said. It could have been the National Enquirer, or one of Drew's friends, or anyone, in my opinion.

I hope that's not true, but it does make a person wonder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back