GUILTY IL - Chyenne Kircher, 14, East Dubuque, 12 Oct 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Websleuths has very strict rules about blaming the family when the family isn't named a suspect.
Several people were working on trying to FIND Chy, without posting about it here.
This happens on several cases. It doesn't mean we didn't care, it means we followed Websleuths rules. :waitasec:

I have been on threads where I was pretty much the only person posting on that thread.
When people finally came... I was thrilled that thread was getting attention.

There could be other explanations for why the family wasn't making a huge stink about it.
It sounds to me like the family ultimately resigned themselves to her having run away.
Maybe they were afraid she would do something drastic if they found her?
Maybe they thought she was better off living somewhere else?

If someone else is culpable, I hope they are charged.
This is obviously a family that was not without it's problems....
However the mother and sister always expressed that they missed Chy and wanted her back.
They did not know she was dead and murdered... they are now devastated.
You know what they say "you don't know what you've got until it's gone."

I think in the future the family not looking for a child should certainly be a red flag.
I wouldn't be surprised if the suspect convinced the rest of the family she DID run away.
Maybe he even said she had threatened to kill herself if they found her.
We just have NO idea why the family didn't look for her enough or what the perp might have told them. :twocents:

MsFacetious, thanks for the clarification on SS and for your excellent point about the killer possibly convincing the family that she would harm herself if found.

Otherwise, I just wanted to state that Lookinindubuque is right. There was little evident push from the family. I saw a family member, I believe the mom, on TV say something to the effect that she wished she could knock on every door in America until she found her little girl. My front door was less than .5 mile away on a highly tread footpath, and it was never knocked on. When we saw that news report, we all looked at each other and were basically like "Did anyone ever knock on our door? " No. No. No. No. Couldn't believe it.

I wouldn't expect the police to as they requested people to contact them with information. I would expect searchers to do that if there were a concerted, family led effort to gather information from the immediate area.

Our police chief is a good man. Within the past few years, he has stood up for positions that weren't popular within the community because they served the greater good. I'm sure he did what was within his power to do while still respecting personal and property rights.

The only person in my family who wants my cousin's killer found... is me.
Her parents simply refuse to think about the fact that their daughter was brutally murdered.
They just want to let karma handle the killer, while I'd prefer to see him in jail.
People are weird and react in weird ways. :waitasec:

Telegraph Herald ‏@TelegraphHerald 1h

East Dubuque High School students and football fans release more than 500 balloons in honor of Chyenne Kircher.

KCRG ‏@KCRG 4h

East Dubuque Police Chief Defends Early Investigation of Chyenne Kircher Case
http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/East...tml?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

I have known families who treat their kids like Chy's family apparently did.
Those kids are still around... but have their issues.
I've just never understood people like that, but there is a lot of them I guess. :waitasec:

I am glad the police chief felt a bit of a connection with Chy.
That is probably what caused him to ask the CIRT team to look into it further.

I'm still surprised there is only one arrest. :waitasec:
I will be interested to hear the confession I believe happened... and the theory of how this crime occurred.

I'm still surprised there is only one arrest. :waitasec:
I will be interested to hear the confession I believe happened... and the theory of how this crime occurred.

BBM

I read somewhere that Terry was interviewed by the C.I.R.T. team a few weeks ago. I would imagine there were inconsistencies in his story from earlier interviews and that is what put the spot light on him (read the bold quote below from police chief Steve O'Connell, pay particular attention to the red part). Terry was interviewed again for a third time and when confronted with his inconsistencies from the earlier interviews he then cracked, confessed and charges where then filed. How else would LE know exactly where to look for Chyenne's body or that she was strangled by his hands before even finding her body?

JMO

"That was just a piece of information that we used," police chief Steve O'Connell said. "We were always looking for something else, something to give us a different direction. There was never anything throughout all the interviews that we conducted initially that there was any foul play or suspicion."

http://www.kwwl.com/story/23475689/2013/09/19/east-dubuque-police-to-give-update-on-chyenne-kircher

Did Chyenne's mother not ever see the videos? This poor child was not protected by anyone it seems.

Did Chyenne's mother not ever see the videos? This poor child was not protected by anyone it seems.

I haven't watched all the video's and not sure if I want too, but did you see that big deadbolt on her bedroom door? That might of been the only protection she had.

It's sick to think that that deadbolt might of been installed by Terry to keep someone from accidentally entering the room while Terry might of been inside the room alone with Chyenne.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeiujPgkT1c

JMO

I haven't watched all the video's and not sure if I want too, but did you see that big deadbolt on her bedroom door? That might of been the only protection she had.

It's sick to think that that deadbolt might of been installed by Terry to keep someone from accidentally entering the room while Terry might of been inside the room alone with Chyenne.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeiujPgkT1c

JMO
Yes, I did notice that and thought it odd.

BBM

I read somewhere that Terry was interviewed by the C.I.R.T. team a few weeks ago. I would imagine there were inconsistencies in his story from earlier interviews and that is what put the spot light on him (read the bold quote below from police chief Steve O'Connell, pay particular attention to the red part). Terry was interviewed again for a third time and when confronted with his inconsistencies from the earlier interviews he then cracked, confessed and charges where then filed. How else would LE know exactly where to look for Chyenne's body or that she was strangled by his hands before even finding her body?

JMO

That's why I believe he confessed, because they knew where to look and the cause of death.
I'm interested to hear what he confess and if it matches with the evidence. :twocents:

I watched all the videos. What a beautiful, outgoing girl she was. Those huge eyes. In some of the videos you can see the shadow of the young woman she should have become.

I particularly like the 2 of her singing. You can't see her :) She was probably still too shy to sing in front of the camera and the singing is not professional at all - but I bet she had the best time. Music really is the language of the soul.

Salem

If someone will alert when the ID is made, I'd appreciate it. Then we can at least move Chy to Located and she won't be lost anymore :(

Breaks my heart.

Salem

Those videos caused nightmares for me. :( I hope that wasn't what her home life was like, but sadly, if someone would talk to a child like that knowing it was being recorded...well....ugh!

Balloons released for Chyenne Kircher during game Friday

In honor of Kircher, both junior varsity and varsity football players had "C.K." on their helmets.

In between games Friday evening, yellow balloons were distributed among the game's crowd. Those balloons would be released in Kircher's honor.

Before the beginning of the varsity game, East Dubuque High School's junior class made their way to the center of the field. Chyenne Kircher would have been in that junior class.

The class released those yellow balloons along with members of the crowd. A total of 524 balloons were released in honor of Kircher.

Yellow was chosen for the balloons release because yellow is one of the colors that symbolizes missing children as well as hope.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/23491044/...leased-for-chyenne-kircher-during-game-friday

Family members seem to indicate Chy has been identified (or they just know it's her.)
I haven't seen anything from LE yet though.

I am also not seeing the anger I expected against the suspect... from the family.
Maybe they are still in shock. But I thought we would see un-friending and nasty comments.

In other news, the suspect will have a birthday on Saturday. *insert evil laugh here* :devil:

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Terr...ims-He-Abused-Chyenne-Kircher--225264092.html

His biological daughter told KCRG.com that she suffered abuse from the man she once called "dad" and she believes he may have also abused Kircher.

Sheria Chambers said her biological father, Terry Abbas, sexually abused her when she was just three-years-old. Chambers said it happened while she and Abbas lived in Chariton, Iowa. Police there investigated, but did not find enough physical evidence to press charges.

Chambers thinks if police had done more, Chyenne might still be alive. "Investigators had done a series of tests and put me in a room and gave me Barbies and told me to explain what happened," Chambers said.

According to court documents, the Department of Human Services also investigated and placed Abbas on it's "Central Abuse Registry". That means the organization deemed the abuse claim as "founded". Chambers said that's when her dad gave up custody and moved to East Dubuque.

Five years later, in 2004, he regained visitation rights. "It started off, you know, like a visitation. Supervised. It started off with my grandma," Chambers said. "And after awhile I guess they approved him to have visitation alone with us. And then there became overnights."

During those overnight visits in East Dubuque, Chambers said she met Chyenne Kircher. She said Kircher confided in her that Abbas was abusing her. ""I told her she needed to go find a teacher. She needed to go find somebody she trusted," said Chambers. "She needed to go tell somebody because I couldn't help her. "

More at link...

Remains haven't been identified.

Now with news that Abbas is accused of killing Kircher, Chambers said she wishes she could have done more. "She'd seen the consequences of telling him 'no'. So I think she was too scared to go ask for help."

Police in East Dubuque will not say if they've ever investigated claims that Abbas was sexually abusing Kircher. They also will not say if abuse claims are a part of the murder investigation.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Terr...ims-He-Abused-Chyenne-Kircher--225264092.html

Just makes me sick...such a beautiful child, with potential...and life cut short... it's not fair!!

This information, which would have been on his record and known to the family in E. Dubuque, casts an entirely different light on the case and the family response.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lotsofelbowd
Back