GUILTY IL - Darnell Donerson, Jason Hudson & Julian King, 7, slain, Chicago, 24 Oct 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It surprising to me that Oprah, who has her studios in Chicago and is very famous and very rich seems to find security from all the crime. If this was a vendenta type crime, why Jennifer Hudson?

I believe Julia must be involved with drugs. That is my theory, these kinds of thugs usually do not murder unless there is a reason.

I don't see where you could come up with that conclusion? There is no evidence that points to that at all.

Some of you have requested this tragic case have its own forum.

We are glad to give any case their own forum at Websleuths as long as it looks like the case might be discussed for a longer period of time.

We are keeping a very close watch on the events in this case and if it appears the resolution is not going to happen any time soon we will give the case its own forum.

That poor innocent baby. My heart breaks reading the details. Jennifer was so close to all of her family. How she will go on after this I just don't know.

We are all keeping the Hudsend family and friends in our prayers.

This crime is too tragic to comprehend. The whole world's heart is hurting for the family and the victims.

Okay, I am going to go OFF here for a minute!!!!!!!! :furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

ILLINOIS is the most liberal, twisted backward state - they think they can rehab everyone. There is MORE crime in Illinois and the Chicagoland area that they can't even hold their prisoners. Why do I know this do you ask??? Because this could have been my parents. My sister had a William Balfour baby daddy gangbanger type as well. And guess where he is now?? Well, first he was supposed to originally get 25-50 years on his original charges - long story short he ended up with 3 years. And guess what he hasn't even been locked up 6 months and they sent him to the bootcamp and plan on releasing him afterwards --- HOW do you go from 25-50 years to getting out bootcamp in less than a year???????????????? I HATE Illinois, I am so happy I live in the south where we actually strap these horrible people up by their ankles. I am FREAKED out when he gets out of prison because one of his charges against him was violating the restraining order my parents had against him and residential brugulary - he broke in while high on a drugs and stole my mothers purse and went on a spending spree-- in the middle of the night. EVERYONE, I have personally spoken with tells me this case reminds me of my family and what could happen. ILLINOIS needs new legislature and JUDGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People about Iraq but there have been more violent deaths in Chicago alone this year -- it is SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :furious::furious::furious::behindbar:behindbar

I am an Illinois native, and I feel that it's true.

The shots to the head indicate to me that this was an execution. I would not be surprised to find out there is gang involvement and more than one person was directly responsible for the murders/abduction.
snipped a bit

ITA, I really believed it was the pregnant gf until she contridicted his alibi. Now we find out there were 2 gfs, maybe it was the other one?

It surprising to me that Oprah, who has her studios in Chicago and is very famous and very rich seems to find security from all the crime. If this was a vendenta type crime, why Jennifer Hudson?

I believe Julia must be involved with drugs. That is my theory, these kinds of thugs usually do not murder unless there is a reason.

I don't think this had anything to do with Jennifer Hudson. These murders were close and personal to the victims. They knew the murderers and I think they took Julian because he witnessed the crime. I wonder if they thought he would be at school that day. This was a planned crime that went horribly wrong. Julian knew who killed his grandmother and uncle. He was murdered because of that. Killers went into a panic, ran with Julian, and killed him. An innocent in the wrong place at the wrong time and knew the POI and the other unknown killer.

I see absolutely no evidence that Julia was involved in anything to be concerned about, ie: drugs. I think this has to do with her estranged husband.

IMO

I don't think this had anything to do with Jennifer Hudson. These murders were close and personal to the victims. They knew the murderers and I think they took Julian because he witnessed the crime. I wonder if they thought he would be at school that day. This was a planned crime that went horribly wrong. Julian knew who killed his grandmother and uncle. He was murdered because of that. Killers went into a panic, ran with Julian, and killed him. An innocent in the wrong place at the wrong time and knew the POI and the other unknown killer.

I see absolutely no evidence that Julia was involved in anything to be concerned about, ie: drugs. I think this has to do with her estranged husband.

IMO

Completely agree!

The latest from TMZ

http://www.tmz.com/2008/10/29/drug-raid-at-hudson-murder-house-in-2002/

TMZ has obtained court documents in Chicago that show how the lives of the people in the Hudson murder tragedy have intersected.

We've obtained arrest reports and other docs in connection with a sting operation in Chicago. On March 4, 2002, Chicago cops targeted Jason Hudson, Jennifer's murdered brother, and Gregory King, the father of Julian, the murdered 7-year-old boy. Both men allegedly sold crack cocaine to a registered informant. Cops then raided the very home where Jason was murdered last week. According to documents, Jason, Gregory and Julia (Jennifer's sister) were all arrested.

Julia was never charged with a crime. Jason was charged with cocaine trafficking, but the main count was dismissed in 2004 because the judge ruled police conducted an illegal search. During that hearing, Jennifer's mom had to choose whether to go to Hollywood to watch her daughter on "American Idol" or be in court...she chose the latter.

Gregory was convicted. Jason agreed to enroll in a drug abuse program and the less serious remaining charge was dismissed.

Cops say Jason and Gregory were affiliated with the gang, Gangster Disciples. That's the same gang that William Balfour, the "person of interest" was in. The lawyer who repped Jason told TMZ cops often jumped to conclusions and assumed people in that neighborhood were gang members.

The latest from TMZ

TMZ has obtained court documents in Chicago that show how the lives of the people in the Hudson murder tragedy have intersected.snipped for length
Very sad and disturbing to read.

I felt very bad when I read
Jennifer's mom had to choose whether to go to Hollywood to watch her daughter on "American Idol" or be in court...she chose the latter.

So, it looks like maybe William's mother was spouting a bit of the truth yesterday on the NG Show.

The whole thing is getting more and more convoluted. It looks like Jason and Gregory King "Julian's father" were gang brothers and so was Balfour Julian's step-father. All three were members of Gangster's Disciples. So we conclude Julia has had a serious relationship with one gang member (Gregory King) and married another (William Balfour) member in the same gang.I wonder if Jennifer's mother stayed in her house because she was worried about Julian.or for that matter worried about her own adult two children who were associating with gang members.

Yes, the guy had the nerve to try and stop someone from stealing his car.:rolleyes:

Yeah, NG had to butt in and the mom says well the car owner was choking him, making it seem like Balfour had no choice but to try and kill the guy. Very weird thinking, IMO.

The shots to the head indicate to me that this was an execution. I would not be surprised to find out there is gang involvement and more than one person was directly responsible for the murders/abduction. I do find it interesting the mother wasn't shot in the head, but in the torso (if that is the case). Does it show some kind of sympathetic measure on the part of the shooter or did he not have a clear shot since she had signs of defense wounds?

snip...)

The earlier reports said Jason was shot through the door and found in the bedroom. The mom shot as she ran into the room. But he had shots to the head? And she had shot(s) to the torso? Seems backwards to me. I can't see a shooter getting two good shots to the head through a door and then moving a body to a bedroom. I can see someone being shot in the torso through the door, then the gunman continuing his rampage into a bedroom and executing Jason.

The earlier reports said Jason was shot through the door and found in the bedroom. The mom shot as she ran into the room. But he had shots to the head? And she had shot(s) to the torso? Seems backwards to me. I can't see a shooter getting two good shots to the head through a door and then moving a body to a bedroom. I can see someone being shot in the torso through the door, then the gunman continuing his rampage into a bedroom and executing Jason.
I learned a long time ago NOT to put alot of stock into early reports, often they are not factual and only rushing to get a post ready to put out in the Media.

In the photo of the door I only saw one hole, maybe I missed others. Maybe the mom refused to open the door and was standing at the door when the shot was fired, striking her in the torso???

I learned a long time ago NOT to put alot of stock into early reports, often they are not factual and only rushing to get a post ready to put out in the Media.

In the photo of the door I only saw one hole, maybe I missed others. Maybe the mom refused to open the door and was standing at the door when the shot was fired, striking her in the torso???

Yes, I know what you mean about not taking stock in early reports!! I figured someone refused to open the door. Just thinking now they may have the order backwards, if she was only shot in torso and he was only shot in the head. I hope they get this figured out quickly but accurately, what a mess.

The whole thing is getting more and more convoluted. It looks like Jason and Gregory King "Julian's father" were gang brothers and so was Balfour Julian's step-father. All three were members of Gangster's Disciples. So we conclude Julia has had a serious relationship with one gang member (Gregory King) and married another (William Balfour) member in the same gang.I wonder if Jennifer's mother stayed in her house because she was worried about Julian.or for that matter worried about her own adult two children who were associating with gang members.

Yes it does. Under any scenario though, why was Julian taken out of the house only to be murdered vs. all 3 being killed at the same time?

The latest from TMZ

TMZ has obtained court documents in Chicago that show how the lives of the people in the Hudson murder tragedy have intersected.

We've obtained arrest reports and other docs in connection with a sting operation in Chicago. On March 4, 2002, Chicago cops targeted Jason Hudson, Jennifer's murdered brother, and Gregory King, the father of Julian, the murdered 7-year-old boy. Both men allegedly sold crack cocaine to a registered informant. Cops then raided the very home where Jason was murdered last week. According to documents, Jason, Gregory and Julia (Jennifer's sister) were all arrested.

Julia was never charged with a crime. Jason was charged with cocaine trafficking, but the main count was dismissed in 2004 because the judge ruled police conducted an illegal search. During that hearing, Jennifer's mom had to choose whether to go to Hollywood to watch her daughter on "American Idol" or be in court...she chose the latter.

Gregory was convicted. Jason agreed to enroll in a drug abuse program and the less serious remaining charge was dismissed.

Cops say Jason and Gregory were affiliated with the gang, Gangster Disciples. That's the same gang that William Balfour, the "person of interest" was in. The lawyer who repped Jason told TMZ cops often jumped to conclusions and assumed people in that neighborhood were gang members.

Thanks Suzi! Well, There you go. Often there are some who live in neighborhoods tend to be affected by them.
<snip>
Cops say Jason and Gregory were affiliated with the gang, Gangster Disciples.<snip>
Let's hope this gun has prints, and the FBI owns this case.

Damned right. Keep the politics out of this, please.

, I do respect the mods. Regardless of party affiliation, our state is in dire trouble. Regardless of how you feel about the presidential candidates, no one is bragging about the state of IL right now. Although one party has control now, the corruption is bipartisan....It goes from the local to the highest levels....and our last governor (Ryan) is in prison with the deaths of 6 children on his watch (bribes for truck licenses case).

Re: the question of Harpo studios.....I think her location is in an area of gentrification. I think we have pockets of extreme violence, and Englewood is certainly one of them. But there are many fine neighborhoods in the city of Chicago, and many of my friends and coworkers live there in peace.

I think this particular case comes down to a domestic issue...This case is particularly sick and disturbing, but what concerns me about the city of Chicago is the number of Chicago Public School students who are killed every year in random violence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bailey__Powell
Back