GUILTY IL - Darnell Donerson, Jason Hudson & Julian King, 7, slain, Chicago, 24 Oct 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is a tragedy on so many levels. Good people minding their own business in their own home and the death of an innocent little boy simply because some piece of human excrement wanted revenge. According to many sources, Jennifer Hudson was extremely close to her family, and now they're just gone. RIP Hudson family.

general comment:

After being directly involved in a family murder trajedy you learn to appreciate the ways that people grieve. My friends sister was murdered by a man whom also had a previous criminal record, but due to his good behaviour in jail he was released. Unfortunatley he was not rehabilitated and he fooled alot of people. His employers did not notify the rest of the staff and this cost a beautiful 27 year old woman her life. I feel this william balfour had people fooled too. Most of the articles with comments from friends and neighbours state he was a great guy. All it takes is a spark in these types of people and an explosion happens. Feel terrible for Jullian as he didnt have choices to stay away from this man but now his mother unfortunately will have to life with her decision for the rest of her life. Not that i blame her for loving someone as it states on her my space but for not seeing the warning signs long before this trajedy took place...IMO

CANADA

http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/1245829,jennifer-hudson-murders-possible-motive-102808.article

Balfour has been in custody since Friday evening, after he was arrested at a girlfriend’s house on the Southwest Side. Balfour is being held on a parole violation on a 1999 conviction for attempted murder and vehicular hijacking and has not been charged.

A neighbor on his girlfriend’s block, in the 1900 block of South Spaulding, said he saw a man who he now believes was Balfour park a white SUV across from his house about noon Friday. He watched the man fiddle around with something in the glove box and then leave the car and walk about half a block — glancing over his shoulder the whole way — to the house where Balfour was later arrested.

general comment: After being directly involved in a family murder trajedy you learn to appreciate the ways that people grieve. My friends sister was murdered by a man whom also had a previous criminal record, but due to his good behaviour in jail he was released. Unfortunatley he was not rehabilitated and he fooled alot of people. His employers did not notify the rest of the staff and this cost a beautiful 27 year old woman her life.
I appreciate your story, greatwhitenorth. My sister married a man who had a criminal record. He was released due to good behavior. I'm not sure if his employer knew about his criminal past, but if he did he did not notify employees. My sister met this person through her boss. After a very brief courtship they married. Less than 4 months later she was dead. His family never talked about his criminal past either. Even during the trial they were still trying to cover up and lie for him.
My heart goes out to your friend and I continue to pray for the Hudson family.

I'm curious - if the murders took place they think between 8 and 9am on Friday morning, why was Julian even home and not at school?

i believe he went to Yale Elementary School which appears to be walking distance from the Hudson home.

IIRC, a neighbor stated in a video interview on nancy grace that there was no school that day. That makes it even more tragic to me.

IIRC, a neighbor stated in a video interview on nancy grace that there was no school that day. That makes it even more tragic to me.

My theory then would be that WB went to follow through on his promise to "kill her family" and was suprised to find JK there. He shot Grandma and Jason and then came across Julian. Having somewhat of a fatherly instinct he took Julian since he knew Julian could ID him. After driving around with him in the car and not being able to figure his way out of the situation he shot the boy in the back seat.

That or perhaps he did shoot him at the house and took him planning to drop him at a hospital.

I appreciate your story, greatwhitenorth. My sister married a man who had a criminal record. He was released due to good behavior. I'm not sure if his employer knew about his criminal past, but if he did he did not notify employees. My sister met this person through her boss. After a very brief courtship they married. Less than 4 months later she was dead. His family never talked about his criminal past either. Even during the trial they were still trying to cover up and lie for him.
My heart goes out to your friend and I continue to pray for the Hudson family.

so sorry kidz for your loss as well. guess we find strength somehow from these horrible situation. The murderer in our situation jumped infront of train after killing my friends sister.

my point in bringing this up was that although criminals do their time it does not mean they are rehabilitated. You know the saying once an addict always an addict. This stand true for MOST criminals. Although details have not been released it is obvious this guy had anger issues.He did not attend his anger managment classes that were part of his parole (I am assuming).

my prayers also go out to the Hudson family. Will light a candle for them tonight....

Canada

this case is such a tragedy...that poor little kid never hurt anybody. I agree with your theory that Balfour wasn't expecting him to be there and then took him, maybe thinking he could get a ransom for him from Jennifer. But then realized that would never work.

I heard one theory on TV though that the white car hadn't been where it was found for the whole time...that it might have just been put there that day. Which means maybe somebody else was involved in this as well? If the car had been there the whole time, I find it hard to believe somebody didn't call in to LE about it, even anonymously if they were afraid.

My prayers go out to Jennifer and her sister...their lives will never be the same. I have to wonder if WB was jealous of all her fame and money and wanted to get back at her in some way.

I heard one theory on TV though that the white car hadn't been where it was found for the whole time...that it might have just been put there that day. Which means maybe somebody else was involved in this as well? If the car had been there the whole time, I find it hard to believe somebody didn't call in to LE about it, even anonymously if they were afraid.

There are witnesses that say a man fitting WB description saw him park the car there around noon on Friday.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/12...102808.article

general comment:
I feel this william balfour had people fooled too.

From the Chicago Tribune today....The story of this carjacking is absolutely horrific. Balfour drove from a residential area to the expressway with the car owner hanging on for dear life. The car owner lived but was burned by high voltage wires..

This should have been a lock him up and throw away the key....but if not, I don't see how his crime or conviction could have been a secret from the Hudsons.

<<<Balfour was out on bail when a man saw Balfour breaking into his new Chevrolet Suburban on Nov. 29, 1998, and ran outside to stop him, court records show. Balfour, then 17, drove off with the man hanging from the roof rack.

As police followed, Balfour drove through alleys, front yards, through a police barricade and onto the Dan Ryan Expressway&#8212;all with the victim clinging to the vehicle, records indicate. He eventually crashed into a telephone pole and fled.

The victim suffered burns from fallen electrical wires as well as other injuries.

Balfour was sentenced to 7 years in prison after pleading guilty to attempted murder and car hijacking in September 1999. He was released in May 2006, returned to the neighborhood where he grew up and reconnected with Julia Hudson, one of the three Hudson siblings he had known while attending Yale Elementary School.

Copyright © 2008, Chicago Tribune>>

my point in bringing this up was that although criminals do their time it does not mean they are rehabilitated. You know the saying once an addict always an addict. This stand true for MOST criminals. Although details have not been released it is obvious this guy had anger issues.He did not attend his anger managment classes that were part of his parole (I am assuming).
You are so right.
http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2008/10/ap-hudson-suspect-had-june-drug-arrest.html
The records indicate a parole supervisor declined to issue a warrant to revoke Balfour's parole after Chicago police arrested him June 19 for possession of a controlled substance.
And I keep thinking about WB's mother's statements about her son. Reading this article (scroll down)-- http://www.tmz.com/
Balfour's father is currently serving a 30-year prison sentence for murder. His brother served time for drug dealing.
really makes me think she needs to stay away from TV cameras.

from AP wire

Documents show that a suspect in the Chicago murders of three members of Jennifer Hudson's family was arrested for drug possession in June, but state officials didn't revoke his parole.

Parole records obtained by The Associated Press also indicate that William Balfour missed a meeting with his parole agent on Friday. That's the day Hudson's mother and brother were murdered and her 7-year-old nephew vanished.

Can this make us any more mad...if the state had done their job (revoke his parole), these 3 people would be alive today. They should lose their jobs (at a minimum).

from AP wire

Documents show that a suspect in the Chicago murders of three members of Jennifer Hudson's family was arrested for drug possession in June, but state officials didn't revoke his parole.

Parole records obtained by The Associated Press also indicate that William Balfour missed a meeting with his parole agent on Friday. That's the day Hudson's mother and brother were murdered and her 7-year-old nephew vanished.

Can this make us any more mad...if the state had done their job (revoke his parole), these 3 people would be alive today. They should lose their jobs (at a minimum).

Okay, I am going to go OFF here for a minute!!!!!!!! :furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

ILLINOIS is the most liberal, twisted backward state - they think they can rehab everyone. There is MORE crime in Illinois and the Chicagoland area that they can't even hold their prisoners. Why do I know this do you ask??? Because this could have been my parents. My sister had a William Balfour baby daddy gangbanger type as well. And guess where he is now?? Well, first he was supposed to originally get 25-50 years on his original charges - long story short he ended up with 3 years. And guess what he hasn't even been locked up 6 months and they sent him to the bootcamp and plan on releasing him afterwards --- HOW do you go from 25-50 years to getting out bootcamp in less than a year???????????????? I HATE Illinois, I am so happy I live in the south where we actually strap these horrible people up by their ankles. I am FREAKED out when he gets out of prison because one of his charges against him was violating the restraining order my parents had against him and residential brugulary - he broke in while high on a drugs and stole my mothers purse and went on a spending spree-- in the middle of the night. EVERYONE, I have personally spoken with tells me this case reminds me of my family and what could happen. ILLINOIS needs new legislature and JUDGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People about Iraq but there have been more violent deaths in Chicago alone this year -- it is SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :furious::furious::furious::behindbar:behindbar

On NG, someone brought up Jennifer's ex boyfriend she was dating before she met her current fiance, who lives in Chicago.

Do we know who this guy is, and does he have any past records?

^^His name is James Payton (or Peyton) and he's a "maintenence engineer" in Chicago. They were together for 8 years but broke up about a year ago I think. Not sure if he has any kind of criminal record.

jennifer-hudson--002.jpg

If anyone missed the NG show, be sure and watch it later. William B's mom really had alot to say, and made many accusations.

If I am understanding correctly. there was no school on Friday, and Julia worked for a school bus company. Perhaps she shuttled disabled children on off-school days?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back