GUILTY IL - Dennis Hastert, former U.S. House Speaker, indicted for child molestation, Yorkville, 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Weird how this story has simply disappeared from the headlines. I myself blame the liberal media.

I think you were being sarcastic with the reference to the liberal media?

considering Hastert is a Republican, not sure why it's the liberal media's fault. you can be sure that political journalists are digging far and wide, trying to get more info on this story. the place you won't hear anything about it is in conservative press/FOX.

MOO

Rachel Maddow (about as liberal as media gets) had someone on her show last night--I believe a reporter from the Huffington Post (more libs)--who had an anonymous source who claimed to have informed one Dem Senator (and I forget who it was) at the time of Hastert's time in Congress of this particular blot to the pages of his history. I believe he acknowledges having been told, but lacking confirmation let the matter drop. I would imagine that had there been a smoking gun available he would have used the info.

Sadly, I think I'll disagree. These guys all cover for each other. Dems and Reps are not just waiting on the other side to fail so they can throw them out to dry in the press. Because senator x knows about senator y's affair and senator y knows about senator's z 's bank fraud, they all cover each other's backs.

ETA And sickeningly so, molesting children has long been a ' rumor ' within government and other 'insiders' groups. I used to assume and hope it was a crazy conspiracy theory but these days I'm not at all sure.

Sadly, I think I'll disagree. These guys all cover for each other. Dems and Reps are not just waiting on the other side to fail so they can throw them out to dry in the press. Because senator x knows about senator y's affair and senator y knows about senator's z 's bank fraud, they all cover each other's backs.

ETA And sickeningly so, molesting children has long been a ' rumor ' within government and other 'insiders' groups. I used to assume and hope it was a crazy conspiracy theory but these days I'm not at all sure.

Well, the guy with the info was a Dem. The Repubs (of which Hastert is one) had a gun aimed at the Dem President's (that would be Clinton) crotch, I would imagine that if the info was useful, it would have been used. Maybe Hastert wasn't worth getting rid of--who was most likely to replace him?

Lotta speculation on that one.

But this is typically the kind of thing that generally draws victims out of the woodwork if there are others. And odds are that if there was one, there were others.

Very interesting.

Watt’s measured reaction stood in contrast to his own Republican challenger at the time, who was calling for Hastert's resignation.

But Watt's comments are even odder in light of the fact that while he was cautioning against jumping to conclusions about Hastert, the congressman was aware of sordid rumors about Hastert's own history with minors.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/03/dennis-hastert-abuse_n_7504464.html

Hastert's accuser's family has come forward. They're on Good Morning America at the moment. I'm sure transcripts will be available later. So very sad :(

NYT:

Sister Says Her Brother Was a Victim of Ex-Speaker Hastert

“I asked him, when was your first same sex experience. He looked at me and said, ‘It was with Dennis Hastert,’” Ms. Reinboldt said. “I was stunned.”
---
Mr. Reinboldt died of AIDS in 1995.

She said she confronted Mr. Hastert when he came to her brother’s funeral, telling him: “I want you to know that your secret didn’t die here with my brother.”
more at the link

What?? More Evangelical hypocrisy? The beat goes on....... so sad. JMO ( I wonder who his "right hand man" was after Steve graduated. Individual A ? )

Is Hastert an Evangelical? Not all abusers--or hypocrites--are, you know.

I've seen many people ask about this but he was a lobbyist and made bank that way. He helped pass laws related to what he is accused of violating.

Reporters are sniffing around so there will likely be more info (even here on websleuths.) His arraignment is next Thursday. News articles about the judge on the case state the judge was a campaign donor to Hastert. I don't think the story will be going away.

Dennis Hastert hires high-powered attorney on eve of first federal court appearance 'over hush money paid to keep gay sex with student secret'

Hastert, 71, retained the services of Washington attorney Thomas Green

Was part of Watergate and Whitewater independent counsel investigations

Hastert will appear Tuesday in Chicago Federal Court for his arraignment

Alleged he agreed to pay $3.5million to someone not to reveal misconduct

Sources said past misconduct was sexual and involved a male student

Hastert was teacher and coach at Yorkville High School in Illinois for years

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ment-Chicago-Federal-Court.html#ixzz3cYh5RClj

Per Fox News: Hastert will plead guilty to the financial aspect of charges (hush money)

Talk about a story that should have been HUGE and got almost no airtime at all. Pleading guilty to the financial aspect means there is something there and almost no one knows about this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back