Identified! IL - DuPage Co., Boy, 3-5, found in laundry bag, Oct'05 - Atzel Olmedo

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Originally posted by: anneinchicago, moved to unidentified board for discussion

IL-John Dupage County Doe 3-5 years old
Found Oct. 8, 2005
Age now: 3-5
Sex: Male
Height: 3'2
weight: 30 pounds
Race: Hispanic/Caucasian
Hair: Black
The body of a young boy was found in un-incorporated Naperville, IL. The boy was found inside a blue canvas laundry bag with a white drawstring top. He was dressed in a dark blue button down shirt, and dark blue pants, both with the brand name "Faded Glory".

Dupage County

Luis Fernando Gonzalez - Las Vegas, NV LKA 6/04

The child was abducted by his non-custodial father, Rafael Gonzalez. A felony warrant was issued for the abductor on November 29, 2004. The abductor may use the alias last name Rivas.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1552/1/

What do you think?

Here's another: (Probably not this one - I think he's from another country but was visiting US. Wouldn't have been wearing 'Faded Glory' from Walmart I don't think, but you never know)

Raviteja Vajja - Missing May 12, 2004 from United States

No circumstances given

http://www.nampn.org/cases/vajja_raviteja.html

Here's a side by side of Luis and Dupage John Doe, just so you all can compare them here... Looks pretty close to me....

Attachments

• 886UMIL found in 2005.jpg
    886UMIL found in 2005.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 59
  • gonzalez_luis_f.jpg
    gonzalez_luis_f.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 52
Here's a side by side for Raviteja and Dupage John Doe, comparison on this one is a bit harder, apparently though, the JD didn't have a cowlick, his hair must've been just straight across.....
Plus this info is good to know; An isotopic study of material taken from the boy's teeth indicate he spent most of his life residing in the northern part of Illinois. It also concluded the boy's mother lived in the far north, likely Canada, when she was pregnant before relocating to Illinois.
That's on here http://doenetwork.org/cases/886umil.html

Attachments

• 886UMIL1 2005 found in laundrybag.jpg
    886UMIL1 2005 found in laundrybag.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 48
  • vajja_raviteja missing since may2004.jpg
    vajja_raviteja missing since may2004.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 49
Here's another one that's pretty close:
http://www.nampn.org/cases/garciabonilla_johan.html

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: August 27, 2004 from Los Angeles, California
Classification: Family Abduction
Date Of Birth: June 18, 2000
Height: 3'0"
Weight: 40 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Race: White/Hispanic
Distinguishing Characteristics: Birthmarks on right eyebrow,
upper right arm and back of right knee
Case Number: 74-04
NCMEC Number: NCMC996671
Dentals: Not Available

Details of Disappearance
Johan was abducted by his non-custodial father, Johan Manuel Garcia.
A felony warrant was issued for the abductor on September 7, 2004.
Johan was last seen with his father in Los Angeles, California but he normally resides in New Jersey.
They may still be in the Los Angeles, California area or they may have left the country and traveled to El Salvador.

Side by side...

Attachments

• garciabonilla_johan missing since 2004.jpg
    garciabonilla_johan missing since 2004.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 39
    17.3 KB · Views: 42
    18 KB · Views: 43
bumping. I'v heard no new news on this end and am in the area.

There is a thread for this little guy already. I just bumped it. Maybe the mods can merge. A lot of info on the other thread.

I would submit all of those matches. They may have been ruled out already, is there any way to find out? I hope this little boy died naturaly, and was placed in the bag to avoid the funeral costs. But man, I've been broke before and no way in hell would I EVER leave my son in a bag to avoid funeral expenses. Very unlikely any loving parent could do this, I hate to think of innocent children being hurt. Sort of off topic so I'll stop. Just wanted to say, I like all the matches but particularly Luis Gonzalez.

Though, I have no idea whether or not that program airs in Canada. which is where this boys mother is believed to be from.

Could the little boy have been Native Canadian then or is he confirmed to be hispanic? What area of Canada is the women thought to be from? I know there are a lot of immigrants in Eastern Canada but in Western Canada, lots of Natives but not so many hispanic people.

Just read an article, so the Mom spent time in Canada while pregnant. We don't know if she is from Canada, if she is and moved to the States shortly after giving birth there is really no point in searching missing Canadian kids. You'd think that parents who killed their child wouldn't report him missing. Or, if the child was abducted and is from a loving family there has to be a missing child report out there it's just a matter of narrowing it down. It's just a matter of where to look, both American and Canadian registries? If the child spent most of his life in Illinois, that's where he would have been reported missing. If he is from Canada, particularly the Winnipeg area, I think it's safe to say that chances are he is Native Canadian.

Looks like they may have at least a little something to go on to help in the search for this little angels parents.

Study shows unidentified dead boy spent short life in northern Illinois

Authorities say they hope new scientific information may help them identify a young boy whose remains were buried earlier this year.

The unidentified little boy whose remains were found in 2005 inside a laundry bag dumped in a field on the outskirts of northwest Naperville spent most of his life in northern Illinois, authorities said Wednesday.

A study of oxygen isotopes in the boy's bones and teeth by a Canadian college professor who specializes in geochemistry determined the particular isotopes from the boy's skeleton matched samples taken from the tooth of a Naperville child.

The research further determined the boy's mother had lived in the south-central portion of Canada while pregnant with the boy -- likely Winnipeg, Sault Ste. Marie or the surrounding areas, said Henry P. Schwarcz, an emeritus professor at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, who performed the study.

"Most of your body is made up of oxygen, and that gets into your bones and teeth, and therefore you have some records of where that oxygen comes from," Schwarcz said.

Over the course of 40 years, scientists have created a map of North America based on particular types of oxygen isotopes, Schwarcz said. While the map can't pinpoint exact locations, it can narrow things down.

Using one of the boy's primary molars, Schwarcz was able to determine that the child's mother had lived in a particular area of Canada or even possibly the Upper Peninsula of Michigan while pregnant. Because the tooth was formed in utero, it carries the mother's information.

An analysis of the boy's bone determined he had spent most, if not all, of his life in northern Illinois. Schwarcz said bones collect oxygen isotopes that act as geographic markers throughout a person's life.

More at link http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=85576[/quote]

quoting and bringing this further into the discussion.

Yep Cubby, got that. So, the child's Mother could be from Canada but the boy spent most of his life in Illionois says the study? Hm, I don't know many people who have immigrated to USA from Canada, I wonder what ties she would have had to Canada and/or why she would have left...

I don't know Danaya. Back in 07 I believe, one of the members here was in contact withe detective who worked the beloved doe case. I knew Houston LE had been in contact with DuPage and there was some hope or discussion about possibly getting this little guy on the same spanish cable show which helped id Beloved. I don't know if anything ever came of that and I have heard nothing. DuPage never returned my calls and I didn't press it after I learned they were in contact with Houston. I did wonder if perhaps they weren't certain enough about him being hispanic they chose not to pursue the show? I really believe this little guy was not reported missing, and whomever his relatives are in Canada or the UP most likely believe his mother simply chose to cut off all communication.

I really wish we could find his name.

Cubby

What a frusterating case, so our best lead is that he probably, because of the scientific study, spent the majority if not all of his life in Illinois. The other lead is his clothing which detectives narrowed down to three Wal Marts, one of them being in Illinois. So, it is safe to say the child is from Illinois. I think it's a matter of getting his picture out to the Illinois communities and garnishing media attention, on AMW and Nancy Grace to find anybody who knew this child because his parents probably never reported him missing. Why his Mother would be in Canada is puzzling, but like I said if she has family from Winnipeg or is from Winnipeg herself I think she is Native because there is such a high Native population, hispanic population is very small. Regardless the boy is from Illinois, the only resolution I think will be getting his picture out through media coverage.

Has anybody tried sending this to AMW, Nancy Grace or local news shows?

He was on all the local news when he was found and when he was buried. He also has his story featured on AMW, but I don't believe it was aired, just on the site.

I don't recall seeing NG feature a UID, has she? I think it's a great idea if she would. Though, I don't know if NG airs on cable in Canada.

Most people I know have digital anyway and not on basic cable but on the cable package with extra channels it does, on MSNBC OR Fox.

Madea, those 3 are some darn close matches. I'd submit them anyway.

Here's another one to consider, He's from Elgin, Illinois, too!
http://www.nampn.org/cases/ojeda_david.html
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: August 30, 2005 from Elgin, Illinois
Classification: Family Abduction
Date Of Birth: December 30, 2002
Height: 2'6" (76 cm)
Weight: 30 lbs (14 kg)
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
Race: Hispanic
Distinguishing Characteristics: David has a
birthmark on his forehead.
Case Number: NCMC1074398

Details of Disappearance
David is missing from Elgin, Illinois. He is believed to be in Oaxaca, Mexico.
His mother has applied for the return of the David to the United States under the international civil treaty:
The Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction.
I wonder what happened to the application??

Side by Side

Attachments

• ojeda_david1 missing since8-30-05 elgin IL.jpg
    ojeda_david1 missing since8-30-05 elgin IL.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 45
    17.3 KB · Views: 43
    18 KB · Views: 42

Members online