IL IL - Erica Thompson, 53, Brookfield, 25 Sep 2019 *endangered*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The ex lawyered up immediately and is not talking. The major case team is working all leads as they come in but so far nothing. some friends have wondered about starting a search but we have no clue as to where to even start that.
Lawyered up huh? Well then. As far as a search, does she live anywhere near any bodies of water? Woods? Do you know where the ex lives?

Searches for her car could start locally, around the areas her phone last pinged prior to Missouri and then branch out from there. Late night times, though not as easy to see obviously, can be a better option when looking in public parking areas and parking lots of stores, as there's less vehicles, none, or just few for 3rd shift workers.

Searches for her car could start locally, around the areas her phone last pinged prior to Missouri and then branch out from there. Late night times, though not as easy to see obviously, can be a better option when looking in public parking areas and parking lots of stores, as there's less vehicles, none, or just few for 3rd shift workers.
I agree that I'd probably try to search any likely areas around the route of her earlier cell phone pings, nearer her home. For starters. Have any family/friends been able to put up missing posters in the area? I recall her son was working hard on trying to get the word spread, but don't recall info about folks putting up posters?

First off her sister thanks everyone for any input,concern, shares and prayers. As far as flyers yes Dana has put out flyers and is printing more to distribute right now. The missouri phone ping may or may not be a false flag but for now the concentration should be in the brookfield,il area and those surrounding suburbs. Are there woods and bodies of water around there? hell yes. We call them forest preserves around here and there are many as well as a large zoo and a canal not too far away. Does anyone know of any agency that will help the family by way of offering a reward for info? The family is small and not wealthy and just covering her monthly bills is a strain. This person of interest is a textbook lowlife and i am thinking his lowlife friends would probably sell him out for a reward.

to give everyone an idea of the area. the maptack is a few blocks from her house. within 2 miles there are forest preserves, the des plaines river, a waste canal, railroad terminals.

Attachments

• erica map.jpg
    erica map.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 18
LE/FBI has victims advocates, whether that's something they provide at their discretion only or something you can request, I'm unsure of, but might be a place to start.

Texas Equusearch (they are founded in Texas but have other branches etc"

Crimestoppers

Here is a link that has some places. Not all would apply (some are for children etc) but some are for adults and might be able to help.

Missing Person Resources - Inspire a Difference

There is a helpful section right here on websleuths too
Missing Persons Resources

Does Erica belong to any clubs or organizations? A church member somewhere perhaps? Her workplace? Those might be places to explore in terms of boots on the ground or monetary assistance.

Any billboards in her area with her missing person info yet? Lamar Communications has billboards and they will often run Missing Person's info for free I hear.
Lamar Advertising | Billboard, Digital, Transit and Airport Advertising Media Provider

If she doesn't have a history of running off unexpectedly, and taking into account that her home surveillance footage was erased and the person from her past lawyered up immediately, combining those things would make my monetary focus less on scraping together money to pay her mortgage/save her house and more on using those funds to aid in locating her. Hiring a private investigator, putting money towards a reward, funds for family members to travel to where Erica lives to help search for her/spread awareness etc.

Edited to add: If a family member knows or has her mortgage info or can locate the paperwork at the house, it may be possible to speak to say, the bank manager at the branch that provided the loan to work out a deal where partial payments could be made or where payments could be missed for an agreed upon amount of time and tacked on to the end of her loan. (Example: May 2027 is the set date for the final payment, but extend it to August 2027 and have some financial breathing room for the family for 3 months now)

Contacting news outlets to do interviews, run her story, investigate further helps immensely in letting the public know about Erica and keeping her story out there. The more citizens who know, the more eyes you have on the lookout for her/the vehicle and the more possible people you have for organized searches.

Last edited:
Bringing forward this article which gives areas Erica's phone traveled during early morning hours of Sept. 26. This may give local folks a bit of an idea where to start looking.

Police renew call for info on missing woman

According to police, Thompson was last seen on video at about 4:30 p.m. on Sept. 25, making a bank deposit in Brookfield. Cellular data indicates that during the early morning hours of the following day, Sept. 26, the cellphone travels from Brookfield to other communities, including Countryside, Hodgkins, McCook, Forest View, Summit and the Bridgeview area.

Also bring forward my mapping from an earlier post for the above areas :

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

It does not appear Erica's phone traveled north of Brookfield, fwiw.

LE/FBI has victims advocates, whether that's something they provide at their discretion only or something you can request, I'm unsure of, but might be a place to start.

Texas Equusearch (they are founded in Texas but have other branches etc"

Crimestoppers

Here is a link that has some places. Not all would apply (some are for children etc) but some are for adults and might be able to help.

Missing Person Resources - Inspire a Difference

There is a helpful section right here on websleuths too
Missing Persons Resources

Does Erica belong to any clubs or organizations? A church member somewhere perhaps? Her workplace? Those might be places to explore in terms of boots on the ground or monetary assistance.

Any billboards in her area with her missing person info yet? Lamar Communications has billboards and they will often run Missing Person's info for free I hear.
Lamar Advertising | Billboard, Digital, Transit and Airport Advertising Media Provider

If she doesn't have a history of running off unexpectedly, and taking into account that her home surveillance footage was erased and the person from her past lawyered up immediately, combining those things would make my monetary focus less on scraping together money to pay her mortgage/save her house and more on using those funds to aid in locating her. Hiring a private investigator, putting money towards a reward, funds for family members to travel to where Erica lives to help search for her/spread awareness etc.

Edited to add: If a family member knows or has her mortgage info or can locate the paperwork at the house, it may be possible to speak to say, the bank manager at the branch that provided the loan to work out a deal where partial payments could be made or where payments could be missed for an agreed upon amount of time and tacked on to the end of her loan. (Example: May 2027 is the set date for the final payment, but extend it to August 2027 and have some financial breathing room for the family for 3 months now)

Contacting news outlets to do interviews, run her story, investigate further helps immensely in letting the public know about Erica and keeping her story out there. The more citizens who know, the more eyes you have on the lookout for her/the vehicle and the more possible people you have for organized searches.[/QUO
Excellent post/ideas! I concur that family members speaking to Erica's bank might well prove fruitful and they could extend some temporary mortgage relief.
Setting up social media fundraising pages is sometimes well worth it, too.

I live in Brookfield. Most of the forest preserves have numerous walking/biking paths. However, the forest along the Des Plains River (East of Town, South of Zoo Woods) is dense and overgrown. Being so close to the river (which is prone to flooding) there are no paths through there that I have seen. I tried to take a grandchild fishing there once and we really couldn't get safely down to the water from our house, the brush was too thick.

According to police, Thompson was last seen on video at about 4:30 p.m. on Sept. 25, making a bank deposit in Brookfield. Cellular data indicates that during the early morning hours of the following day, Sept. 26, the cellphone travels from Brookfield to other communities, including Countryside, Hodgkins, McCook, Forest View, Summit and the Bridgeview area.

I live in Berwyn, which is literally right by Brookfield; I am intimately familiar with all of the towns listed above, through which her cellphone pinged. It's very, very strange - I mean, some of those areas (like Summit, McCook, Forest View, and Bridgeview) leave me quite confused - other than having a friend in those places or specific business they'd kind of be odd destinations... The things that concern me are that Forest View and Summit border the Sanitary and Ship Canal (a massive, filthy waterway used by barges transporting iron ore and coal; it's sometimes used as an overflow for sewerage when the Deep Tunnels are full). McCook borders the DesPlaines River, and in general has a lot of abandoned industrial structures and prairie, along with a major -huge- quarry. Hodgkins also backs up to the DesPlaines River, has a huge strip mall, and has a number of heavily forested areas... Bridgeview is a working-class community, very, very populated - houses next to one another, and a diverse population ethnically. I mean, I grew up here and other than going to Summit for a burrito as big as your head at one of the Mexican restaurants there and going to Walmart in Hodgkins I've seldom had reason to visit those other areas.

Sanitary and Ship Canal (roughly 30' deep-50' deep in places)
images

[QUOTE=" I mean, I grew up here and other than going to Summit for a burrito as big as your head at one of the Mexican restaurants there and going to Walmart in Hodgkins I've seldom had reason to visit those other areas.[/QUOTE]

An El Famouso fan eh?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back