IL IL - Erica Thompson, 53, Brookfield, 25 Sep 2019 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yep. Say something happened earlier in the week. The perp would have time to comeback and move a body. In doing so if you’re moving something that big out the door you’re not gonna worry about closing a door or cleaning up.
Possible. Super risky considering her son could show up (or anyone else) at any time.

Possible. Super risky considering her son could show up (or anyone else) at any time.
Obviously it was someone who knew they HAD time. 8 days is a lot of time to cleanup a crime scene. Probably only worried about random witnesses. When I first heard about this and the time frame, my mind immediately thinks foul play.

I still think it's the ex bf and my theory is he put her and her car in the back of a semi trailer and dumped them both somewhere. She's probably still in her vehicle. And I think he tossed her phone into another trailer that was open to throw off police.

They need his log book to check all of his stops and his GPS to track where he was, where he stopped, how long he stopped..... get his route.

Is he an owner operator or does he work for a particular company? Does he load and unload or just drop off and pick up trailors.

Those records and answers to those questions will lead to justice for Erica and her family.

I can't remember if it was mentioned before but there is now a reward via Cook County Crime Stoppers:

ALSO 4 days ago, Dateline commented on the above post and said they want to feature her in Missing in America.

79545063_10157551222955813_3793759370064429056_o.jpg

Trying to get someone confirmation on the sex and age. But, a body was pulled from a river in Lyons, IL. On Thursday. (Jan 2, 2020). Lyons is a neighborhing suburb of Brookfield IL. Has a terribly high crime rate too. Can’t find anything on the news atm, but some Facebook group community postings ....
That link below is someone’s public post to the group with pictures of police pulling a body from the water.
Efrain Delacerda

It still seems odd that Erica's car hasn't been found yet, although I do know of other cases where a vehicle has never been found.
Praying there's a break soon, for her family's sake.

It still seems odd that Erica's car hasn't been found yet, although I do know of other cases where a vehicle has never been found.
Praying there's a break soon, for her family's sake.
No too far from Brookfield area, down Archer Ave road in Willow Springs. that used to be a prime dumping ground for the mob, both cars and bodies. Canals/rivers/forests. Al Capone used to use that area for flop houses also. That whole area(s) her phone was pinged all potential places to hide a vehicle and or body.

I do agree quite weird no sign of the vehicle, usually they dump the vehicle to throw off the trail. But there was a whole lot of time before she was really noticed / considered missing. Because it’s a more unique make and color vehicle, one would think it would’ve been found. Unless it’s sitting in storage or at the bottom of a lake. There would be time to theoretically dig a hole in field somewhere and bury it, or hide with all the autum foliage.

Trying to get someone confirmation on the sex and age. But, a body was pulled from a river in Lyons, IL. On Thursday. (Jan 2, 2020). Lyons is a neighborhing suburb of Brookfield IL. Has a terribly high crime rate too. Can’t find anything on the news atm, but some Facebook group community postings ....
That link below is someone’s public post to the group with pictures of police pulling a body from the water.
Efrain Delacerda
There has been no news in MSM on the body in the river, but if you read through the comments from the FB link above (there were a LOT of people out on the street after it happened, the news chopper circling over the area was what got my attention) it has info as to the sex of the body. Lyons crime is higher than Brookfield but still the feds consider it "average" (locals might disagree) Lyons, IL, 60534 Crime Rates and Crime Statistics - NeighborhoodScout. Her home was a fair distance from Lyons and she did her banking locally according to an earlier MSM link in this thread. With grocery, drugstore, bank and such within walking distance of her house, I don't know what would take her to Lyons.

There has been no news in MSM on the body in the river, but if you read through the comments from the FB link above (there were a LOT of people out on the street after it happened, the news chopper circling over the area was what got my attention) it has info as to the sex of the body. Lyons crime is higher than Brookfield but still the feds consider it "average" (locals might disagree) Lyons, IL, 60534 Crime Rates and Crime Statistics - NeighborhoodScout. Her home was a fair distance from Lyons and she did her banking locally according to an earlier MSM link in this thread. With grocery, drugstore, bank and such within walking distance of her house, I don't know what would take her to Lyons.
Lyons is easily accessible to Brookfield via Ogden a major road. I have plenty of friends who live in Lyons and Brookfield. I lived in Berwyn (5 years ago(5 mins away) and work in Summit (about 5 mins 10 mins away). The point is these are very very close. I doubt this person or any normal person exclusively only stays in a bubble of two blocks within their own home lol.

I
My friends were there. There was a debate (rumors / hearsay) as to the sex of the body. It has not been released as far as I know yet. And also not saying she went voluntarily to Lyons. Doesn’t that river in Brookfield run through to Lyons as well ?

I still think it's the ex bf and my theory is he put her and her car in the back of a semi trailer and dumped them both somewhere. She's probably still in her vehicle. And I think he tossed her phone into another trailer that was open to throw off police.

They need his log book to check all of his stops and his GPS to track where he was, where he stopped, how long he stopped..... get his route.

Is he an owner operator or does he work for a particular company? Does he load and unload or just drop off and pick up trailors.

Those records and answers to those questions will lead to justice for Erica and her family.

Long distance drivers are now required to do electronic logging. I hope they’re checking on the Ex.

I

My friends were there. There was a debate (rumors / hearsay) as to the sex of the body. It has not been released as far as I know yet. And also not saying she went voluntarily to Lyons. Doesn’t that river in Brookfield run through to Lyons as well ?

Thanks Chappy - I just saw the comments there on FB and was wondering. There is a very small section of the Des Plaines River in Lyons that's (less than 1000 feet) that's technically in Brookfield north of the McCormick Woods but the majority of the river is in Lyons. It's within eyesight of First Avenue but there is no way to stop a car there (First is quite busy in that area.)

Lyons is easily accessible to Brookfield via Ogden a major road. I have plenty of friends who live in Lyons and Brookfield. I lived in Berwyn (5 years ago(5 mins away) and work in Summit (about 5 mins 10 mins away). The point is these are very very close. I doubt this person or any normal person exclusively only stays in a bubble of two blocks within their own home lol.
The family stated in interviews that she barely left the house, only work and the store. There's a reference to that here. Missing Brookfield woman considered 'endangered'

Thanks Chappy - I just saw the comments there on FB and was wondering. There is a very small section of the Des Plaines River in Lyons that's (less than 1000 feet) that's technically in Brookfield north of the McCormick Woods but the majority of the river is in Lyons. It's within eyesight of First Avenue but there is no way to stop a car there (First is quite busy in that area.)

The family stated in interviews that she barely left the house, only work and the store. There's a reference to that here. Missing Brookfield woman considered 'endangered'
I have friends who work at bars in Brookfield, and I will occasionally hangout at some of them in the downtown Brookfield area. I’ve been asking around if she hung out in any of the bars. A friend that bartends at one of the bars said not in the bar she works at but would see her in the neighborhood, outside etc, yard work, walking the block. It’s very sad no news or signs that she is alive.

How big is this town I’m sorry? Can’t recall. MOO

No too far from Brookfield area, down Archer Ave road in Willow Springs. that used to be a prime dumping ground for the mob, both cars and bodies. Canals/rivers/forests. Al Capone used to use that area for flop houses also. That whole area(s) her phone was pinged all potential places to hide a vehicle and or body.

I do agree quite weird no sign of the vehicle, usually they dump the vehicle to throw off the trail. But there was a whole lot of time before she was really noticed / considered missing. Because it’s a more unique make and color vehicle, one would think it would’ve been found. Unless it’s sitting in storage or at the bottom of a lake. There would be time to theoretically dig a hole in field somewhere and bury it, or hide with all the autum foliage.
Since you know the area well, I'm sure you're right and there WAS a lot of time to hide her and her car ( even tho the perp probably wouldn't have known just how much time he/she had). From what you and GraceG describe, there are probably too many possible hiding places to effectively search, without more detailed info. Water does seem to be a pretty good bet, IMO.
The farthest place her phone pinged - Minnesota?- might be a really good bet if an area could be narrowed down.

Just a note for those asking about the size of the town and the zoo. The zoo is in the Northeast corner of Brookfield and has large parks north and east of it. Leaving it you end up going East to First (171 on the map) which is actually Riverside/Lyons townships. Exiting West it's 31st which takes you through LaGrange Park to LaGrange. You're not going to wander into the neighborhood where Erika lived by leaving the zoo to go home if you don't live locally. It's a much longer route to get out of town with lights, a crazy traffic circle, and trains if you go through the heart of Brookfield where she lived after leaving the zoo. The zoo does draw a huge crowd though for which restaurants on the routes in and out of the area are happy about.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiyasofya
Back