Identified! IL - Grundy Co, BlkFem UP17621, 18-23, body in ditch at U.S. Rte 6, Oct'76 JoAnn "Vickie" Smith

Sent the most recent WCPO article to a close friend with a large family in Cinci who have been there for several generations. Asked her to please pass the info to her family.

Fingers crossed she finally gets her name back.

Just posting some thoughts to one, bump the post and 2 things I thought about after watching Gabulosis' video.
I'm wondering if it was an adoption situation and the Jane Doe was adopted when she was little, thus the family in New York doesn't remember her.

I also wonder if she was out visiting the Chicago area? Its about an hour and a half away from Seneca.
OR she came to visit Starved Rock State Park, which is a half hour away from Seneca. Possibly a Tourist or a transient?

Mentioned in Gabby's video she has connections to Alabama and New York
Its about a 13 hour drive from Seneca to the state of New York - Route I-90
Then about an 12 hour drive to Selma Alabama - Route I-65

Gabby also said they have flowers near the site she was found, I believe this little cross on Route 6 might be it. The coordinates are 41.343640578025216, -88.55685446236626. The location she was discovered based on the photos on Namus is at, 41.34284960685957, -88.55779275808904 at minute drive/2 minute walk away.

Hoping to hear some answers within the next coming months it sounds like DNA Doe Project is getting close!

Attachments

• cross.jpg
    cross.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 16
I wonder what happened to the wine bottle that was found with her? If she shared the wine with her killer it's possible two sets of DNA was on it. I suppose it eventually got junked like a lot of evidence that doesn't seem to have any bearing on the case until years later.

I have often wondered if she this young woman was Shirley Scott. She has a NAMUS profile that is yet made public.

Missing Person / NamUs # MP53081
Shirley Scott, Female,
Black / African American
Date of Last Contact July 1, 1974
County Cook, IL

I’ve attached the correspondence with the coroner’s office, as proof of the missing person in question.

I think there was mention of her in a Vanished podcast, and I think someone had a very blurry photo of her.
Didn't the officer state Shirley wasn't a match for this Doe?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CosDog
Back