Identified! IL - Grundy Co, BlkFem UP17621, 18-23, body in ditch at U.S. Rte 6, Oct'76 JoAnn "Vickie" Smith

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I strongly believe she has been IDd because everything in combination (namus down, solved cases went up, marked as idd with DN) is consistent. There may still be an open investigation, many identifications are not released to thr public right away, with some there are months between id and release. And some cases (even if homicide) the names are permanently withheld.
Let us hope we get to know her name soon.

I strongly believe she has been IDd because everything in combination (namus down, solved cases went up, marked as idd with DN) is consistent. There may still be an open investigation, many identifications are not released to thr public right away, with some there are months between id and release. And some cases (even if homicide) the names are permanently withheld.
Let us hope we get to know her name soon.
I'm wondering whether her being identified has given LE new leads as to who may have murdered her so may have requested her name not be released to the general public.

WOW! Great news!

I had been emailing with Brandon Johnson regarding this Jane Doe over the years. He has never EVER given up. I’m so glad his hard work and determination to get her home has paid off.

Last edited:
Here is the exact time of the press conference
The Grundy County Coroner's Office will release the victim's identity during a news conference on Thursday, June 27 at 1 p.m.

Here is the exact time of the press conference
The Grundy County Coroner's Office will release the victim's identity during a news conference on Thursday, June 27 at 1 p.m.

Do you have a link to the news conference?

I don’t know where it will be broadcasted but i found this:

The victim’s identity will be released at a news conference held by the Coroner’s Office, at 1 p.m. Thursday, June 27, in the boardroom of the Grundy County Administration Center, 1320 Union St. in Morris.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980
Back