GUILTY IL - Jacob Wheeler, 22, & Jessica Evans, 17, White County, 25 Aug 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Was he simply out of his mind DRUNK? I don't even know what to say if that's the case

"He was very drunk and very obnoxious," said Braden Willis of Carmi. Willis was a member of the band playing at the Legion Saturday night. "He was getting fresh with women on the dance floor. He was just being way too friendly with the women He was all over them."Investigators now believe Coston left the New Haven Legion, traveled toward his home in Centerville where he encountered Evans and Wheeler

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2012/sep/01/no-headline---illinois_murder_folo/

Somebody should have taken his keys or called the law to him before he left driving.

So, Jake/Jessi were approx. 11miles from Jake and family's home.
(is this correct?)
And Jake/Jessi were approx. 9miles from Danny Coston's home.
(correct?)

I'm pretty sure they were a lot closer than 9 miles from Coston's home, but I'm not positive.

With the clear distance that is at play here imo for whatever reason(whether planned&intentional or unintended&by coincidence) both the couple and Danny Coston were about 10miles from their homes and both were in a very remote, not heavily traveled area..

This area is all remote. Their homes are in a remote area. It's not like they left a big city to go out in the country- it's all country here. :)

Where Danny Coston left out of that most remote of locations and put himself In the full position of major, major contact and evidence of his NOT ONLY being with the victim, Jake.. But having caused what were likely fatal injuries as well.. . There just absolutely has to be something more that would take it up to this level of at some point having the victim inside his truck, at some point without a shadow of a doubt his vehicle was in full contact creating injury, therefor blood evidence and structural damage from that full contact of Coston's vehicle with the victim.. And took him or his remains not around the block, or down the street, or two turns around a bend from the most remote of locations that they were already in(and had left Jessi/truck there).. No, we're talking a near hours drive further away from the remote fishing/camping location(to be exact I believe per Google maps it was 46min drive)..

It is not a 46 minute drive from Centerville to southern Wayne County. I would estimate it to be more like 20 minutes. He might have gone up to Grayville and got on the interstate, then pulled off at the Burnt Prairie or Fairfield exit and dumped the body over the county line. Or he might have stuck to the country back roads...either way, it shouldn't take that long to drive there. They have not released the exact location where the body was found, so I can't really say for sure.

What dynamics were at play that night/early morning that would have led to Coston taking this to what imo is a whole other level by his choosing to leave with one of the victims and drive nearly an hour to the Pond Creek location where he thereby disposed of Jakes body??

I'm thinking he wanted it to look like Jacob killed Jessi. If they couldn't find his body, it would look like he was on the run.

And honestly, if he hadn't confessed, it might have been a very long time before they found Jacob's body. This could have gone on for years, unsolved.

That for me is key in atleast getting a little better grasp on the possible scenarios and order in which Jakes death likely played out.. Is this open field somewhere near the remote camping/fishing area?.. Closer to both of their home areas. Or somewhere in between the camp and their homes?.. Or is this open field with the blood trail and bloody bumper in/around the area of Pond Creek where Jakes remains were left.??

If anyone who knows could please give me an idea of this location of the open field I'd be ever so grateful... TIA

We don't know yet. I'm pretty sure the bumper was found at the campsite, but I'm not positive. And I respectfully disagree that Coston hit him with his truck to cause blood to get on the bumper. The blood could have gotten on the truck when he moved the body. The autopsy didn't show any signs of anyone being hit by a truck, that we know of. I don't think he hit anyone with the truck. I wonder if he might have hit Jake's truck, though, and maybe that's what started an argument. (Just speculation)

I'm pretty sure they were a lot closer than 9 miles from Coston's home, but I'm not positive.

This area is all remote. Their homes are in a remote area. It's not like they left a big city to go out in the country- it's all country here. :)

It is not a 46 minute drive from Centerville to southern Wayne County. I would estimate it to be more like 20 minutes. He might have gone up to Grayville and got on the interstate, then pulled off at the Burnt Prairie or Fairfield exit and dumped the body over the county line. Or he might have stuck to the country back roads...either way, it shouldn't take that long to drive there. They have not released the exact location where the body was found, so I can't really say for sure.

I'm thinking he wanted it to look like Jacob killed Jessi. If they couldn't find his body, it would look like he was on the run.

And honestly, if he hadn't confessed, it might have been a very long time before they found Jacob's body. This could have gone on for years, unsolved.

We don't know yet. I'm pretty sure the bumper was found at the campsite, but I'm not positive. And I respectfully disagree that Coston hit him with his truck to cause blood to get on the bumper. The blood could have gotten on the truck when he moved the body. The autopsy didn't show any signs of anyone being hit by a truck, that we know of. I don't think he hit anyone with the truck. I wonder if he might have hit Jake's truck, though, and maybe that's what started an argument. (Just speculation)

I was thinking maybe he used his truck to push Jacobs truck down the embankment?

A vehicle part found Friday afternoon where Wheeler's truck containing Evans' body had been dumped led investigators to Coston.

White County Sheriff Doug Maier said investigators matched the wrecked vehicle part to Coston's vehicle and picked him up for questioning Friday

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2012/sep/01/no-headline---illinois_murder_folo/

BBM

So, this scum bag hit something/someone with his vehicle. Hard enough to lose part of his vehicle!

Wheeler was shot once in the head; Evans shot 3 times in the head.

I am still sooooo pizzed. Innocent, young people - gone - because some A## out drunk and driving.....

Thanks to LE for going back out to scene where Wheeler's truck was found and re-searching area.....

I hope this loser wasn't helping with the searches...

I'm so very upset by this news.. The final moments in these two young people's lives I haven't a doubt were as terrifying as our worst nightmares can even imagine.. This drunk SOB somehow came in contact with these two(I'm still baffled on that).. Apparently this maniac had to have literally hit and ran down Jake with his truck for the actual torn off bumper to have damage and blood on it.. Yet that didn't lkill Jake, he was shot a single time to the head... WHY why why did he take Jake with him all the way to Wayne County and dump him there?.. I still can't make sense of it..

Jessi imo almost had to have been killed first and the three gunshots to the head is such overkill.. Was it rage, rejection, or was it a drunk SOB killing a human being for the very first time and didn't know how much it would take to kill her.. That's almost what I feel happened and why I feel likely Jake was after Jessi and his being a single gunshot wound..

Imo would not Coston's vehicle absolutely have to have Jakes blood inside it.. We know the bloody bumper is now being said to have been found right there near Jessi's body/Jakes truck.. That means Jake had been injured there in that area I would think therefor he either shot and killed him there as well or loaded up an injured Jake into his vehicle.. Either way dead or alive imo Coston had a bloody Jake inside his vehicle all the way to the ravine in Wayne Co where he dumped him..

I'm just sicker than ever over this after hearing the latest and much more so than just about my wanting to know why.. My heart is just sick for these two and what and how long those final moments of their life were absolutely what horror movies are made of.. Just truly beyond what our normal human minds can even begin to comprehend or even process.. I'm so sad.

I find it odd LE didn't find a bumper in their initieal search. And DC is not only a murderer but a dumba## for leaving his freakin' bumper behind... thank God he did by the way. Is this area really wooded,, grassy,, ?? that a bumper wouldn't be found in an initial search?

http://tristatehomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=541082&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

While deputies searched for the murder weapon Saturday, answering the question of "why" proves to be the most difficult.

"I really don't think Coston knew Jacob or Jessica at all," said Sheriff Maier. "It was just a random chance that they all landed in that spot at that time."

"You seldom see that in a murder situation. He really didn't know these victims at all."

Is the information regarding DC's behavior with women at the American Legion locale foreshawing, or just illustrative of how drunk DC was on the night of Aug. 25th?

Witnesses say Coston was at the New Haven American Legion Saturday night, Aug. 25.

"He was very drunk and very obnoxious," said Braden Willis of Carmi. Willis was a member of the band playing at the Legion Saturday night. "He was getting fresh with women on the dance floor. He was just being way too friendly with the women He was all over them."Investigators now believe Coston left the New Haven Legion, traveled toward his home in Centerville where he encountered Evans and Wheeler. Precisely where the two were killed remains under investigation. A search for the firearm used in the killings was conducted Saturday morning without finding it.

"It was just a random chance that they all landed in that spot at that time."

Is he meaning the camp site?

Am I the only one that doesn't buy that this was a "random" occurrance? Under what circumstances would two parties meet in a remote location? And under what "random" circumstances would one of those parties shoot the other party?

Am I the only one that doesn't buy that this was a "random" occurrance? Under what circumstances would two parties meet in a remote location? And under what "random" circumstances would one of those parties shoot the other party?

Wondering if they ran into each other in town and were followed out there? Supposedly they were at McDonalds that night even tho video didnt show them.

"I've known Danny Coston my whole life. What happened on that night, somewhat unexplainable. I don't know. But obviously he will pay a tremendous price for what's occured."

http://tristatehomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=541082&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

BBM

the only way he will pay a "tremendous price" is if he is put to death. JMO

If I'm reading this correctly this is the words of Sheriff Maier saying that he's known Danny Coston his whole life.. Right?

And why did he shoot Jake once and open fire on Jessica? And was it his gun or the one that Jake may have taken from the home? Did he over power Jake and take the gun?So many questions yet to be answered.

If Coston was so drunk, how did he manage to pull off 4 head shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18