GUILTY IL - Jacob Wheeler, 22, & Jessica Evans, 17, White County, 25 Aug 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm back from the trip and just sent 88keys a note about uploading the new pictures.

Something I figured out today concerning the blue wisps in the photo of the barn -- as I took a picture today I realized that I was probably holding a cigarette when I took those pictures. I didn't connect the dots until today and I'm sorry for causing confusion about those wisps.

The new photos will be posted ASAP.

BBBM

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

glad you are back!!

I am wondering, any connection with CB and Brown who Jacob worked for.

Nothing other than what you posted. Locals, have you heard anything else about this? Would be a good question to pose to Disclosure to see if it relates to this case...

It wasn't Coston. Disclosure has been asked that repeatedly and has said several times that it was checked out and wasn't him. It's not part of the case.

Also, I'm not sure that the home where the guy asked to use the phone was really in Centerville. I think it was pretty far away from the crimescene.

You all are doing awesome following this case. I am closer to st louis so a bit away from you all. Probably 3 hours at least. I would love to come there though - be neat meeting other WS peeps and look about.

Welcome, Aimee! Are you near SIUE? I went to university there. Love that area!

I'm back from the trip and just sent 88keys a note about uploading the new pictures.

Something I figured out today concerning the blue wisps in the photo of the barn -- as I took a picture today I realized that I was probably holding a cigarette when I took those pictures. I didn't connect the dots until today and I'm sorry for causing confusion about those wisps.

The new photos will be posted ASAP.

Lol...I was going to show the photo to a friend of mine who is kind of an amateur ghost hunter...glad I didn't now! :floorlaugh:

I'll get to the photos soon; gotta go get a bit of work done first.

It wasn't Coston. Disclosure has been asked that repeatedly and has said several times that it was checked out and wasn't him. It's not part of the case.

Also, I'm not sure that the home where the guy asked to use the phone was really in Centerville. I think it was pretty far away from the crimescene.

Welcome, Aimee! Are you near SIUE? I went to university there. Love that area!

about 45 min. I went to lewis & clark for my nursing.

I cant believe that the court room would be full of mostly people who support a murderer unless he has a huge family. And yes. She is pregnant. His defense will probably be Jake attacked first. Im not worried about how this case will end. There is just too much evidence against him.

I cant believe that the court room would be full of mostly people who support a murderer unless he has a huge family. And yes. She is pregnant. His defense will probably be Jake attacked first. Im not worried about how this case will end. There is just too much evidence against him.

I believe they will try anything and everything at the trial. Yes, I think the defense will be that Jake attacked first. A plea of insanity may come into play. On the surface, it looks cut and dry. There is evidence with his truck and at the crime scene to link them to him. He admitted to the killings and told them where to find Jacob's body. Wish they had found the guns. I just hope he doesn't get off on some technicality. What kind of reputation do his lawyers have? Are they good?

http://www.disclosurenewsonline.com/2012/09/19/coston-pleads-not-guilty-to-all-charges/

I don't like that he was made to feel "comfortable" by allowing him to wear street clothes to his arraignment. There were a large number of Coston supporters. They must be in denial. Wish there could have been more people yelling "Justice for Jessi and Jacob."

It's never over 'til it's over... I want to hear the jury's word "Guilty." :twocents:

There may be years before his trial. I don't know if it's over now or not...need to check, but the Beason (IL) murders took place in Sept 09 and had not gone to trial as of this spring.

Nope, just checked. Date has been set for spring of '13.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-attorney-wants-new-venue-in-beason-killings-trial-20120908,0,2555022.story

ETA: The gf of the younger brother (and had a baby with) and HER mother from FL who was visiting at the time were both charged with OOJ too.

I believe they will try anything and everything at the trial. Yes, I think the defense will be that Jake attacked first. A plea of insanity may come into play. On the surface, it looks cut and dry. There is evidence with his truck and at the crime scene to link them to him. He admitted to the killings and told them where to find Jacob's body. Wish they had found the guns. I just hope he doesn't get off on some technicality. What kind of reputation do his lawyers have? Are they good?

If he were going to plea insanity, wouldn't he have had to do it today?

Plus, I highly doubt that will happen anyway. The insanity defense is extremely hard to prove. It is rarely used as a defense, and when it is used, it usually fails. Coston admitted to his crimes and took great pains to cover them up. No way they would find him insane.

Jerry Crisel is Coston's court-appointed attorney. He is the public defender for several local counties, so he is usually pretty busy. He's a good lawyer, and not a . I'm sure he will make sure Coston gets a fair trial, but I doubt he will try any dirty or sleezy tactics.

I don't know who Rhonda Blades is. My mom used to work in the court system- I will ask her if she knows her.

I don't like that he was made to feel "comfortable" by allowing him to wear street clothes to his arraignment. There were a large number of Coston supporters. They must be in denial.

I do feel somewhat bad for his family. This must be a real shock for them. I can understand why they want to support him; I just hope they can do it while still being respectful of the families of the victims.

If he were going to plea insanity, wouldn't he have had to do it today?

Plus, I highly doubt that will happen anyway. The insanity defense is extremely hard to prove. It is rarely used as a defense, and when it is used, it usually fails. Coston admitted to his crimes and took great pains to cover them up. No way they would find him insane.

Jerry Crisel is Coston's court-appointed attorney. He is the public defender for several local counties, so he is usually pretty busy. He's a good lawyer, and not a . I'm sure he will make sure Coston gets a fair trial, but I doubt he will try any dirty or sleezy tactics.

I don't know who Rhonda Blades is. My mom used to work in the court system- I will ask her if she knows her.

I do feel somewhat bad for his family. This must be a real shock for them. I can understand why they want to support him; I just hope they can do it while still being respectful of the families of the victims.

I'm not sure when they can plead insanity. I thought it was at trial.

I understand and feel for his family too. It must be a huge shock to them. I just feel angry when I think of what he put Jessi through before he killed her. :maddening: Hate to think if he put Jacob through a terrifying ordeal too.

I guess this will go on for a long time. I'll be interested to know if the g/f is more involved.

If you are referring to this article: http://m.courierpress.com/news/2012/sep/12/details-emerge-killing-southern-illinois-couple-su/

The reason they didn't use the word rape is because they are telling us what Coston said. I would think the journalists know how absolutely untrue this (I have no word for him)'s words are. It also gives us some insight into how these (whatever they are) twist things to make sound like it was okay??? :banghead::banghead:

On another note - there have been some journalists I have contacted directly, especially when they say an 11 year old "had sex" with some 25 year old and explained that an 11 year cannot possibly "have sex" because they cannot legally consent. Most of the journalists I have contacted have been very kind and receptive and followup stories have used proper wording such as "rape" or "sexual battery."

I have an excellent paper that I often send to journalists describing/instructing on rape cases. I'll see if I can find it and relink it here, just FYI.

Salem

O/T - Here is a link to the National Sexual Violence Resource Center where the media packet for reporting sex crimes can be found. http://nsvrc.org/publications/nsvrc-publications-information-packets/media-packet

I know this is a bit off topic, but didn't want everybody to think that I had forgotten.

Salem

Sorry for the delay. These are some more photos from the crime scene area. All taken by Roseb3. I'm also placing her comments below each photo.

Entrance to the campsite:

I am 80% sure this is the entrance to the campsite. The photo shows about 1/3 of the area that would be perfect for parking vehicles. Around and behind the little building is an area to camp or to be right next to the water you could walk down about 30'. There is no crime scene tape to confirm but I don't think there technically was a crime committed at this spot. Again, this is where I believe they camped.

Truck site:

This is where JW truck and Jessi were found. There is crime scene tape still in place so I did not cross this line. PLEASE NOTE: The tape is 20-25' from the road. DC left the truck here KNOWING it would be found. I could look past the tape and anyone with half a brain cell would KNOW it wasn't going over the embankment. He left her for anyone to see and knew she'd be found. ANOTHER NOTE: This spot is .01-.02/10ths of a mile from the campsite. I HAVE BEEN OUTRAGED SINCE BEING HERE

Embankment:

This is a photo of the embankment from the crime scene tape line. It's probably hard to see but there are many large trees here. No way for that truck to travel over or through.

Where Jacob was murdered:

This where Jacob was murdered. It took three trips back and forth to find it because the crime scene tape was laying on the side of the road. Just a note: This is a wide, nice, seemingly well traveled blacktop road with many houses. (I can't explain Jacob "falling from the truck into this ditch if he was driving. No country driver would stop on the opposite side of a road that people regularly travel. If it was a narrow gravel road - yes. NO WAY! Another LIE BY DC). A cemetery is located on one side about 50-75' away and the next house is .02/10ths of a mile away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemc
Back