GUILTY IL - Jacob Wheeler, 22, & Jessica Evans, 17, White County, 25 Aug 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What was in the article on Candice??? I saw the teaser about her pleading not guilty and more stuff coming out...

What was in the article on Candice??? I saw the teaser about her pleading not guilty and more stuff coming out...

Nothing in the article- she hadn't been arrested yet. It just mentioned that the police had interviewed her and the info she gave contradicted what Coston said. It did mention there was a 2 hour window of time when she could not account for his whereabouts, but it doesn't say when that window was.

I'll bet they want to see if she was more involved that she claims. And I'm thinking that she is.

It's possible that they have DNA from the scene that hasn't been matched to anyone else yet. It still doesn't necessarily mean she was involved in the murder, but she could have helped cover it up.

I'll bet they want to see if she was more involved that she claims. And I'm thinking that she is.
If they have found her DNA on something specific to maybe link her to being there, she'll have to prove she wasn't there when the murder was committed. If she was present, then she can be charged with murder also...even if she didn't fire the shots. She better be telling all she knows, imo.

Interesting turn of events. Wonder if the was smug-looking because now he may have the opportunity to blame Candice....could be his new line of defense.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

As my Grandma used to say, "come over here and let me wipe that smug off your face, NOW""

He can't exactly blame Candice for the rape. At least, not if his semen was left behind.

If they have found her DNA on something specific to maybe link her to being there, she'll have to prove she wasn't there when the murder was committed. If she was present, then she can be charged with murder also...even if she didn't fire the shots. She better be telling all she knows, imo.

What if they can place her at the scene. What if she was there? What kind of person would do that? If she was there, that's all that time they were looking for Jacob and she knew all along he didn't do it. Or maybe she knew he'd killed Jacob but didn't know about Jessica? What kind of a gf or wife would stand by a guy knowing he raped someone else? A young innocent girl?
I'm just speculating, running my thoughts thru this. Wow.
Is this like Karla Homolka?

What if they can place her at the scene. What if she was there? What kind of person would do that? If she was there, that's all that time they were looking for Jacob and she knew all along he didn't do it. Or maybe she knew he'd killed Jacob but didn't know about Jessica? What kind of a gf or wife would stand by a guy knowing he raped someone else? A young innocent girl?
I'm just speculating, running my thoughts thru this. Wow.
Is this like Karla Homolka?

I'm guessing it's more possible that she helped cover up the crime than actually committed it. I don't mean to sound naive- I know that sometimes, women do commit terrible crimes. But I would guess it was more of a thing of "I have to help him cover this up because he's the father of my child and if he goes to jail I will be raising this baby alone."

It's also possible that the DNA won't match anything at the scene and it's just a precaution. I applaud White County LE for being so thorough.

Did you see the attorney's photos? :silenced:

Looks like a tough attorney. I also found this on their website:

Recent Cases Illustrate Our Ability to Provide Effective Kidnapping Defense Services
In a recent case, our client was accused of committing a murder. Three primary issues made his case challenging:

He was found in possession of the firearm used in murder
Two eyewitnesses claimed that he committed the murder.
Our client confessed to the murder on videotape.

During trial, our client stated he had confessed under pressure, and the witnesses accused each other of the murder and of handing our client the murder weapon. The result of our representation was a full acquittal.

http://www.rsrglaw.com/Practice-Areas/Homicide-and-Murder.shtml

This may be why Coston was looking smug at his pre-trial hearing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995
Back