GUILTY IL - Jacob Wheeler, 22, & Jessica Evans, 17, White County, 25 Aug 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was thinking about Jacob and Jessica's families today with Christmas just around the corner. Peace be with them.

Anything going on?? Locals??

Nothing right now. There was some kind of brief court session a couple of weeks ago, which pushed the trial date back to March. Not sure why. At any rate, I haven't forgotten about this case and I WILL keep you all updated. There's just nothing to tell right now.

From Jessi's Memorial Page on FB.

Jessi Evans Memorial Page
Today is Jessi's 18th birthday. There are so many things she will never get to do because of the cowardly and evil actions of one man. Enjoy your birthday in Heaven Jess, we'll celebrate your life here on Earth for you. ~Amber

:( Happy birthday, Jessi.

I don't say this lightly, but it seems like she had a lot left to give. If I understood correctly, she wanted to be a nurse with the US military. Think of how many people she could have helped....:(

88keys,

Thank you so much for posting updates on this case; it's really appreciated.

Justice for Jessie and Jake!!

sKore

Update! Apparently there was another pre-trial hearing today. The judge is getting annoyed that this case isn't moving very quickly. And the defense presented two motions. They want a contact visit for Coston in jail. Like a face to face visit, not behind glass, presumably for his girlfriend and their two week-old son. They also want to have him evaluated in prison, but they don't want the doctor to have to sign in and they don't want anyone to know who that doctor is. ??? Maybe setting up for an insanity defense?

http://www.disclosurenewsonline.com/2013/03/27/are-coston-attorneys-preparing-insanity-defense/

Update! Apparently there was another pre-trial hearing today. The judge is getting annoyed that this case isn't moving very quickly. And the defense presented two motions. They want a contact visit for Coston in jail. Like a face to face visit, not behind glass, presumably for his girlfriend and their two week-old son. They also want to have him evaluated in prison, but they don't want the doctor to have to sign in and they don't want anyone to know who that doctor is. ??? Maybe setting up for an insanity defense?

http://www.disclosurenewsonline.com/2013/03/27/are-coston-attorneys-preparing-insanity-defense/

Thank you, 88keys.

Also from article

pre-trial 5/8

jury trial set for 5/21

brown's pre-trial 4/10

Do you guys realize I could actually be called to be on the jury for one of these trials?! :what:

That would be VERY INTERESTING!!
I think of Jacob and Jessica often. If you aren't on the jury, please keep us posted!! Thanks for all you have done already!!

Do you guys realize I could actually be called to be on the jury for one of these trials?! :what:

Hi 88keys. Hoping for quick justice & guilty convictions on all counts!

Re being called as a potential juror, you will definitely be dismissed as a potential juror bc you've followed this case & posted online about it.

I love your updates & have found you to be invaluable to this thread. I hope to gosh the courtroom will be open & that you can keep us updated as the trial ensues. You're very much appreciated my dear chickadee!

This article tells more about the motion to suppress, including some interesting details from the last recorded interview with Coston. Do you all think he's lying about the 3 shots? Do you think someone else may have been there with him?

http://www.disclosurenewsonline.com/2013/06/11/judge-taking-motions-to-suppress-under-advisement/

Not sure if anyone else was with him; think that someone may have helped him after the fact. Or aware of what he had done...

If the 3 shots were from the same gun and he fired 2...then he had to have fired 3; he may have kept firing and not realizing the gun went off 3 times??

did they ever find the gun?

Do you thing the trial will be aired locally?

Thanks for all your updates!

Not sure if anyone else was with him; think that someone may have helped him after the fact. Or aware of what he had done...

If the 3 shots were from the same gun and he fired 2...then he had to have fired 3; he may have kept firing and not realizing the gun went off 3 times??

did they ever find the gun?

Do you thing the trial will be aired locally?

Thanks for all your updates!

If he was covering for someone, why wouldn't he just say "I shot her 3 times?" I do think he may be covering for his girlfriend, but I'm not sure how the third shot fits into the picture.

Coston admitted using his own gun, a Ruger .22 cal semi-automatic pistol. But the gun hasn't been recovered. He said he threw it out the window, and the police never found it. It could be anywhere between White and Wayne Counties, or it could be in the river.

I guess it's possible that he fired two shots rapidly and didn't realize it. However, from what I can tell, the medical examiner is saying she was shot three separate times- in the forehead, side of the head, and back of the head. So he would have to move the gun around to do that.

No, the trial will not be televised because we don't have a local tv station. That never happens here. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny
Back