GUILTY IL - Jacob Wheeler, 22, & Jessica Evans, 17, White County, 25 Aug 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This afternoon I'm going to travel these specific areas personally.

If I've got this straight I need to travel:
County Road 2150N
County Road 1125 E
County Road 1400 E
County Road 2210 N

If anyone has anything else I should check please post it here and I will check back as I travel.

I will take photos to help us each visualize these areas. I won't photograph anything that could be disrespectful to Jake or Jessie or their families.

My husband and I will be on the look out for those guns because if my memory serves me it would take a lot of luck for DC to pitch those pistols from his truck, over a small ditch, through clusters of full grown and new trees to accurately hit the river. It's a snowball's chance in "you know where" that we'd see or find anything but it's worth trying for those innocent kids.

Please leave a note for me if I should look for anything specific for any of you.

88keys;8366096]Maybe the items were in the door of the truck, or the floorboard, and they fell out when Jacob fell out? I don't really believe that he fell out on his own; I think Coston pulled him out.

I think he pulled him out also...and pushed him off of the road.

Ballistics will only be able to tell which gun they came from if they have the gun to compare it to. So far, they have not found either Coston or Jacob's gun.

Since the guns were both .22's, right? I presume all .22's could use the same bullets? If they compared any bullets left at either one's house, would they be able to compare the casings if made by a different company? I hope.

Jacob was killed where he was found, unless he was taken hostage and driven away, then killed later. So far, nothing has indicated that was the case. His body was dumped in Wayne County. Probably a good 20 minutes away, at least. The blood could have been in the back from when Coston transported the body.
Just want to clarify. Jacob was shot in Centerville on CR2210. His body was then found in Wayne Co.

I'd like to have clarification whether or not there was indeed blood found on Coston's truck parts found...and whose? When reported in MSM about MR. W finding them...it stated there was. Another poster was questioning if DC's gf saw his clothing after arriving home. Head wounds bleed profusely and I would think he would have gotten a good amount on him in moving the bodies. That was a very good question...and LE hasn't mentioned it, but am sure they want/have the clothing he wore that night.

jmo

County Road 2150N
County Road 1125 E
County Road 1400 E
County Road 2210 N

If anyone has anything else I should check please post it here and I will check back as I travel.

I will take photos to help us each visualize these areas. I won't photograph anything that could be disrespectful to Jake or Jessie or their families.

My husband and I will be on the look out for those guns because if my memory serves me it would take a lot of luck for DC to pitch those pistols from his truck, over a small ditch, through clusters of full grown and new trees to accurately hit the river. It's a snowball's chance in "you know where" that we'd see or find anything but it's worth trying for those innocent kids.

Please leave a note for me if I should look for anything specific for any of you.

I truly pray you will find them..or atleast one, but I don't believe anything DC's says, especially with regard to the weapons. That's the ultimate tie to him and he knew that. IMO, he either dumped them in the water, or has them stashed somewhere. (best bet, imo) ie: wrapped in something and buried or stuffed in or up a tree. Maybe near or behind that abandoned house on 1400E where he raped Jessi. On the map it looks like the driveway has now turned into a little cowpath. If you can, a picture of the house would be much appreciated. I'll post a map of which house it may be and a map of all the bridges in White Co, in case you might want to check around them; especially Hanks Ferry on the way to Wayne Co that he may have crossed. Put 1375 E on your list because this would have been the road he would have travelled between 1400 E and the kid's campsite. Runs N & S and closest to the W side of river.

Map of bridges:http://goo.gl/maps/oOiTA

Two possible houses on 1400E. http://goo.gl/maps/4oai4

Where the arrow is....and then directly south there is another one. The map doesn't allow me to put another arrow. :/ Tho probably the first one, imo. If you click on the arrow it will give you the coordinates incase you have GPS.

Thanks Roseb3 for all you and hubby are doing and saying a prayer you find something!! :rocker:

That link for Jake's funeral won't work for me.

Looks like it has been zapped already. That was quick!!! Here's a pic, but if you google under Google Images: Patriot Guards, Jacob Wheeler, there are more pics. Here is two I found.

images
images

Since the guns were both .22's, right? I presume all .22's could use the same bullets? If they compared any bullets left at either one's house, would they be able to compare the casings if made by a different company? I hope.

As far as I know, yes, they use the same kind of bullets. There are .22 longs and .22 shorts, but I believe those are for rifles, not handguns. I will ask my husband when he gets up; he knows a lot more about guns than I do.

Just want to clarify. Jacob was shot in Centerville on CR2210. His body was then found in Wayne Co.

Arg, YES, that should have said he was NOT shot where he was found. Sorry.

County Road 2150N
County Road 1125 E
County Road 1400 E
County Road 2210 N

Hi Rose,

I tried to do that the other day, but didn't have enough time to get to the actual crime scene area. I did take a few photos of the general area. Please be careful- it is much more remote than I thought. All kind of narrow gravel roads, very sparsely populated. If you have a truck, you might want to take that instead of a car.

Any updates from the Disclosure via print or e-line? Locals? TIA

County Road 2150N
County Road 1125 E
County Road 1400 E
County Road 2210 N

Looking forward to hearing what you find. Pictures of the crime scene areas would be useful. I'm from England and live in Florida so it's hard for me to imagine what that area is like. It looks very remote when I google it but I'm curious about the terrain. Thank you for doing this and good luck!

We have made the trip and have photos and details to share. Maybe it's because I'm on my phone but I can't figure out how to upload the pictures yet. I may have to do it on my laptop after I return home but I will post this evening. If anyone knows how please let me know. Thanks.

We definitely found the abandoned house - it is located right off County Rd 2150 on Co Rd 1400 E. At the driveway/gravel rd entrance someone has placed a Memorial wreath. As you drive onto the property, about 50-75, there is crime scene tape (it has been pulled down). A little further in the abandoned house is on the right. The driveway/gravel road winds around the house and this area is where I believe Jessie lost her life. There is a barn a little further down this road.

The area of the house, the falling down barn and the path that leads into the woods have all obviously been searched extensively - you can see tire prints, foot prints, and paths through the weeds and vegetation.

We traveled 1125 E and 2150N at least 10 miles each direction and saw no signs of another crime scene.

We stopped at every small bridge, wide ditch, etc - looking for signs of those guns. Every place we thought of looking had already been searched. (footprints, trampled weeds,etc.)

I had understood that the campsite was located near the intersection of 2150N and 1400 E - from what we saw I don't think this correct. There is a cornfield next to a row of large trees here with no road or access to the LWR (although I'm positive you could reach the LWR if you traveled by foot). There also are no signs that LE has been back there so I'm sure we weren't in the campsite location today.

I now think the campsite location is further down 1400E, turn down Co Rd 2075N. From the map that I looked at there may be easy access to LWR. I'm going back tomorrow to confirm this.

I have photos of the abandoned house area that I want to share but cannot figure out how to upload them. Would someone more computer savvy than me be willing to privately contact me? I'm willing to email them to someone that can post them for all of us.

I have to say it was a deeply sad and haunting experience to know an innocent young lady spent her last moments near where we were today. My husband has worked in corrections for 30 years and is no softie but he was moved so much that he would not go onto the campsite today.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2012/sep/01/no-headline---illinois_murder_folo/

Per linked article: "Wheeler's body was found in a ravine along a farmer's lane east of Burnt Prairie, Ill."

http://www.ask.com/maps?a1=&a2=Burnt+Prairie%2c+IL&o=15527&l=dis&q=Burnt Prairie, IL&#YmJxPTEmbXM9c3RyZWV0JmR0PWRyaXZpbmcmbG9jcz1CdXJudCtQcmFpcmllJTJDK0lMJTdD

Hoping the link to the map shows the area over the border to Wayne County where Jacob was found.

That makes sense. He could have gone north, gotten on the interstate, then taken the Burnt Prairie exit and tossed the body off next to a back road. Or he could have cut through the country the entire way. Guess you would probably want to stay off the interstate when you have a body in the back of your truck.

Grrr....I wish I could find a map that would show both the county roads and the county lines. This is the best I could find. It doesn't have all the back roads, but it does show how easily Coston could have traveled from Centerville to Burnt Prairie.

http://white.illinoisgenweb.org/maps.htm

Amazing work, Rose.

What kind of phone are you using? If it's an Android, I might be able to help. If it's an Iphone, I'm clueless.

I just wanted to mention that Holly's map of the possible abandoned house is correct. That map shows the property and is also the map that makes me believe the real campsite area is further down the road to 2075N. If you study her map you'll see what I mean about the easier access to the LWR. Good job Holly!

It's an Iphone. Do you think you could upload them from your computer if I sent them to you?

County Road 2150N
County Road 1125 E
County Road 1400 E
County Road 2210 N

Good luck with you and Hubby's sleuthing!

and... Please be careful!

I am interested in information and observations you find!

:seeya:

Posting Rose's pictures for her. Click on the thumbnail to go to the larger picture.

Co Rd 1400E and 2150N. The river would be on the other side of those trees (I think).

Entrance to the abandoned house property.

Crime scene tape.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemc
Back