GUILTY IL - Jacob Wheeler, 22, & Jessica Evans, 17, White County, 25 Aug 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The abandoned house

Area behind the house

Barn on the property

These last few photos give me the creeps. Even as I was uploading them, I was creeped out. That house...I can not imagine a scarier place to die. Especially at night.

We definitely found the abandoned house - it is located right off County Rd 2150 on Co Rd 1400 E. At the driveway/gravel rd entrance someone has placed a Memorial wreath. As you drive onto the property, about 50-75, there is crime scene tape (it has been pulled down). A little further in the abandoned house is on the right. The driveway/gravel road winds around the house and this area is where I believe Jessie lost her life. There is a barn a little further down this road.

The area of the house, the falling down barn and the path that leads into the woods have all obviously been searched extensively - you can see tire prints, foot prints, and paths through the weeds and vegetation.

We traveled 1125 E and 2150N at least 10 miles each direction and saw no signs of another crime scene.

We stopped at every small bridge, wide ditch, etc - looking for signs of those guns. Every place we thought of looking had already been searched. (footprints, trampled weeds,etc.)

I had understood that the campsite was located near the intersection of 2150N and 1400 E - from what we saw I don't think this correct. There is a cornfield next to a row of large trees here with no road or access to the LWR (although I'm positive you could reach the LWR if you traveled by foot). There also are no signs that LE has been back there so I'm sure we weren't in the campsite location today.

I now think the campsite location is further down 1400E, turn down Co Rd 2075N. From the map that I looked at there may be easy access to LWR. I'm going back tomorrow to confirm this.

I have photos of the abandoned house area that I want to share but cannot figure out how to upload them. Would someone more computer savvy than me be willing to privately contact me? I'm willing to email them to someone that can post them for all of us.

I have to say it was a deeply sad and haunting experience to know an innocent young lady spent her last moments near where we were today. My husband has worked in corrections for 30 years and is no softie but he was moved so much that he would not go onto the campsite today.

The campsite was a mile+ north of where the truck and JE were found. This is where CR 1375 comes in. Another map coming.........

A = Where vehicle was found.
B = Where I believe DC entered and back in there got "hung up".....it was reported he was about 1/4 mile south of the kids.

C = Where I believe the kids entered and their camp is back in a ways.

http://goo.gl/maps/7h8yl

Sorry I don't can't help with the pic upload.....have no clue.

RSBM:

Barn on the property

barnatbackofproperty.jpg

These last few photos give me the creeps. Even as I was uploading them, I was creeped out. That house...I can not imagine a scarier place to die. Especially at night.

Looks like Roseb3 may have caught something? Blue swirls....??

Saw something similar on a pic at a vigil for Susan Powell....and it blew everyones mind.

NO way in hello would I go there at night!!!!!

ETA: Thanks again Rose....and hubby too! Thanks for the help too 88. Great job you guys.

RSBM:

Yes, this...I was stunned when I saw that photo. And I am pretty skeptical of "ghost" photos in general. I guess it could be sunlight, but it was pretty cloudy today. The sun did break through a few times, but not for long.

Thank you 88keys for uploading the photos.

Holly, I'll use this updated map and the earlier map tomorrow when I go back.

Being at the site today was indeed spooky. It would be bad enough to know someone died there but the knowledge of what happened within eyeshot gives you a cold, empty feeling. My husband mentioned a couple of times how tragic and sad it was to be there.

I just want to note I'm only going to these areas to better understand what happened and for the tiny chance of locating those guns. I knew it was a one in a million chance before I went today and after seeing the area I believe the odds are more like one in a billion. Even the tiniest chance of helping nail that makes it worth my effort. I believe that more today than ever.

I just don't want anyone to think I'm sick or demented in my reasons for doing this.

That makes sense. He could have gone north, gotten on the interstate, then taken the Burnt Prairie exit and tossed the body off next to a back road. Or he could have cut through the country the entire way. Guess you would probably want to stay off the interstate when you have a body in the back of your truck.

Grrr....I wish I could find a map that would show both the county roads and the county lines. This is the best I could find. It doesn't have all the back roads, but it does show how easily Coston could have traveled from Centerville to Burnt Prairie.

http://white.illinoisgenweb.org/maps.htm

You can go in on this and do your thing, then link your own map.

http://goo.gl/maps/bzJq4

The more maps - the better odds I'll find the other sites tomorrow. I'll keep checking back. I think I've already proven I'm not a computer genius so I'll just use the maps posted on here if no one minds. : )

The abandoned house

Area behind the house

Barn on the property

Very creepy and how terrifying for Jessi. Coston must know all the backroads and houses like the back of his hand. How else would he have known where to find this empty property. That last photo of the barn with the "swirls" really creeped me out. I think it's the sun either hitting the camera lens or maybe spider webs. But still looks very ghostly. Thanks Rose for going there and taking all these pics.

Very creepy and how terrifying for Jessi. Coston must know all the backroads and houses like the back of his hand. How else would he have known where to find this empty property. That last photo of the barn with the "swirls" really creeped me out. I think it's the sun either hitting the camera lens or maybe spider webs. But still looks very ghostly. Thanks Rose for going there and taking all these pics.

It was probably a hang out for the local teens for partying....he may have even partied there when younger. Ideal, imo. Seclusion and a creepy old house and barn.

**I'm sure it's an illusion, since LE was undoubtedly in there, but I zoomed at 800 and 1000% and it sure does look like a human skull if your looking into the inside of that barn at the opening on the other side..from the effects of years of abandonment.

I'm glad she was found so quickly and removed from there. We haven't heard too much from Jessi's family....I've been thinking about her mother and how she is holding up....I can't imagine her heartbreak. May she find strength at this time.

Nothing worth while in the Disclosure article? ????

RSBM:

Saw something similar on a pic at a vigil for Susan Powell....and it blew everyones mind.

NO way in hello would I go there at night!!!!!

ETA: Thanks again Rose....and hubby too! Thanks for the help too 88. Great job you guys.

BBM

hollyblue, OMG, I totally got chills when I saw that picture; I know what you mean.
Sooooo surreal.

Roseb, thanks so much for the pictures; very, very chilling. Be careful.

88keys, thanks for uploading the pictures for us!

Nothing worth while in the Disclosure article? ????

The print version is just now being delivered to stores, I think. They said it would be at least Monday afternoon before they started delivering it.

I believe she's 30.

I suppose this is just a coincidence, but someone by the name of Candi Brown went missing on Sunday, August 26 at about 1am. She's 29 and was last seen in Michigan City, Indiana. Any chance this is the same Candice Brown who is supposedly Danny Coston's girlfriend?

http://www.thenewsdispatch.com/articles/2012/08/31/news/local/doc503e94215cd48459329813.txt

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Candi-Morris-Brown-Missing-from-Michigan-City-Indiana/516161951733054

I suppose this is just a coincidence, but someone by the name of Candi Brown went missing on Sunday, August 26 at about 1am. She's 29 and was last seen in Michigan City, Indiana. Any chance this is the same Candice Brown who is supposedly Danny Coston's girlfriend?

http://www.thenewsdispatch.com/articles/2012/08/31/news/local/doc503e94215cd48459329813.txt

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Candi-Morris-Brown-Missing-from-Michigan-City-Indiana/516161951733054

Don't think so. Michigan City, IN is up by Chicago. A good 6 hour drive. Our CMB is also a brunette.

Don't think so. Michigan City, IN is up by Chicago. A good 6 hour drive. Our CMB is also a brunette.

Have you seen photos of Candice? I did wonder if she was a member of the Brown family for Brown's Feed where Jacob worked. I haven't found any evidence of that so I think the last name is a coincidence.

Candace Brown, 30, of Centreville, Il has been arrested per Evansville Courier and Press.

I just deleted the article since someone posted the link. Sorry for the error.

Candace Brown, 30, of Centreville, Il has been arrested per Evansville Courier and Press.

Knew it. Obstruction of Justice or worse????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemc
Back