GUILTY IL - Jacob Wheeler, 22, & Jessica Evans, 17, White County, 25 Aug 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FIANCEE OF SUSPECT IN SOUTHERN ILLINOIS KILLINGS ARRESTED ON OBSTRUCTION CHARGE

By Len Wells
Published Monday, September 17, 2012
CENTERVILLE, Ill. — The fiancee of White County murder suspect Danny K. Coston was arrested Monday on a felony charge of obstructing justice.

Candice M. Brown, 30, of Centerville, Ill. was picked up in Richland County on a White County warrant that was filed Monday morning by White County State's Attorney T. Scott Webb.

The class-4 felony charge alleges that Brown obstructed the prosecution of Danny K. Coston by lying to White County Sheriff Doug Maier regarding the whereabouts of her fiance on the morning of Aug. 26. Brown reportedly told the sheriff that Coston had been at home with her early that morning.

After being booked at the Richland County Sheriff's Department on the White County warrant, Brown posted $2,000 cash bond and was released from custody pending a first appearance in White County Circuit Court in Carmi. Brown's initial court date was not immediately available.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2012/sep/17/no-headline---fiance/

Shame she was able to post the bond. I still feel she's more involved in this. How far away is Richland county? Is a mug shot available? Just curious what she looks like.

FIANCEE OF SUSPECT IN SOUTHERN ILLINOIS KILLINGS ARRESTED ON OBSTRUCTION CHARGE

By Len Wells
Published Monday, September 17, 2012
CENTERVILLE, Ill. — The fiancee of White County murder suspect Danny K. Coston was arrested Monday on a felony charge of obstructing justice.

Candice M. Brown, 30, of Centerville, Ill. was picked up in Richland County on a White County warrant that was filed Monday morning by White County State's Attorney T. Scott Webb.

The class-4 felony charge alleges that Brown obstructed the prosecution of Danny K. Coston by lying to White County Sheriff Doug Maier regarding the whereabouts of her fiance on the morning of Aug. 26. Brown reportedly told the sheriff that Coston had been at home with her early that morning.

Coston, 36, of Centerville, faces multiple charges of first-degree murder in connection with the shooting deaths of Jacob Wheeler, 22 of Centerville and Wheeler's girlfriend, Jessi Evans, 17 of Norris City. The two were slain Aug. 25.

Evans' partially nude body was found in the bed of Wheeler's pickup truck Aug. 27 about a mile south of where the couple had gone camping on the 25th. She had been shot in the head. The prosecution claims Coston sexually assaulted her before he killed her.

Wheeler's body was found Aug. 31 in a rural area of southeastern Wayne County. He too had been shot in the head.

After being booked at the Richland County Sheriff's Department on the White County warrant, Brown posted $2,000 cash bond and was released from custody pending a first appearance in White County Circuit Court in Carmi. Brown's initial court date was not immediately available.

Meanwhile, Danny K. Coston remains in the White County jail under $3 million bond. He is scheduled for arraignment at 9 a.m. Wednesday in White County Circuit Court in Carmi. Coston faces multiple charges of first-degree murder along with charges of aggravated criminal sexual assault while armed with a firearm and concealing a homicidal death.

Thanks Rose. We need the link to the article and you may need to snip this as we are only allowed to post 10% of an article. Copyright laws.
If you need help with the link, I can help or get it for you.

t.jpg

Now since her arrest we can "talk". What's interesting, imo, she is from Wayne Co.. Albion and Cisne.

http://radaris.com/p/Candice/Brown/IL/

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2012/sep/17/no-headline---fiance/

Shame she was able to post the bond. I still feel she's more involved in this. How far away is Richland county? Is a mug shot available? Just curious what she looks like.
Richland Co is N/NE of Wayne Co I believe. She has ties to Olney as well...which is in Richland Co. I'll double check that county on the map.

Map:http://goo.gl/maps/ekJAu

ETA: County map:http://www.allfreerecords.com/Illinois/County_Map.htm

I don't understand how someone could lie to cover someone in something as heinous as this. I mean I put myself in her shoes - imagine hubby is mysterioulsy MIA at the same time as a murder in our area. I would want to so hard believe he is innocent but I would never be able to lie, I am confident in that. It would be hard to tell the truth, but the truth would be told.

“We had to get a search warrant for items inside the vehicle,” Maier said. “We found two spent .22 caliber shell casings outside and an amount of blood on the ground. On the passenger rear outside of the truck there was blood. Inside we located blood on the center console and blood on the doorjamb on the driver’s side.”

Snip

“On Friday morning, we went to scene 2. We had information that a person had spotted parts of a vehicle in the area. Two deputies viewed a path where a vehicle had come down and went back up, and the missing parts were there. There were three fender skirts, metallic green in color, and a black plastic piece from a fender well.”

Snip

"There were three bullet wounds declared by White County coroner Carl McVey upon the autopsy; however, no mention was made during Maier’s testimony of a third shot."

Snip

"Coston told Maier he then loaded her body in the bed of Wheeler’s vehicle. He then walked back to the campsite and unhooked his boat from his own truck and drove it back to CR 2210 N to get Wheeler’s body.

He loaded Wheeler’s body in the bed of Coston’s pickup and drove it via back county roads north across Interstate 64, where he “disposed of it at what we called crime scene 3.” At this point Maier noted that crime scene 4 was on CR 2210N, where Wheeler’s body had been shot."

Snip

"At the final interview, Coston reportedly told Maier that he’d thrown both “his Ruger .22 caliber Mark 2 semi-automatic target pistol, and Jake’s .22-caliber Walther P22 semi-automatic out the driver’s side window while he was on that route,” meaning, apparently, when he was coming back from disposing of the bodies.

Webb had Maier clarify that Coston told him he’d “only shot his gun,” meaning that Wheeler’s weapon had never been fired."

Snip

" also advised that the truck had not been pushed over the riverbank toward the water, and there hadn’t been tree branches and vegetation placed over Evans’ body, as searchers had earlier claimed they’d viewed and which appeared as though an attempt to conceal her body had been made. Such claims may have arisen from the dense underbrush that may have naturally concealed the truck, but apparently there was no effort taken by Coston to allegedly conceal Evans’ body."

These snips are from The Disclosure's online article. I was just able to access the log in area.

(I was unable to travel to the other scenes today but will tomorrow.)

“We had to get a search warrant for items inside the vehicle,” Maier said. “We found two spent .22 caliber shell casings outside and an amount of blood on the ground. On the passenger rear outside of the truck there was blood. Inside we located blood on the center console and blood on the doorjamb on the driver’s side.”

is Maier referring to a search warrant for Coston's truck or Jacob's? They probably needed a search warrant for Jacob's truck as he was missing at the time. Looks like Jacob's truck was a 4 door truck as Maier refers to "the passenger rear.". Am I reading that right? If so, could Coston have been in the rear of the truck cab and not the truck bed?

Thanks for giving us some snips of the article.

I wonder if she has ties to Aurora, Ill.?

It amazes me that Coston could manage to murder two people, walk back and forth between the two campsites in the dark, shuffle the vehicles, un-hook the stuck boat, move the bodies, and attempt to cover up the murders all while being very drunk. I'm not saying that he did the best coverup job, but anytime I've been that drunk, all I could do was vegetate or pass out. It makes me wonder how probable his story is. Or, after the murders, did he simply drive home and get his girlfriend to clean up his mess.

This article was referring to the arrest of DC gf Candace Brown. The statements from Michelle Wheeler were made this evening when The Disclosure called to be sure she knew about Brown's arrest.

Snip

"Michele said that two years ago, when Jake was home on R&R (he was in the Army and server three and a half years, one of those in Iraq), there had been a storm blow through.

At that time, Michele, Jacob and her two boys were staying at Wheeler’s parents’ house in the Centerville area while Jake was on R&R. They decided to go into Carmi, and traveled down their road (2210 North).

However, there’d been a storm blow through the night before, and the Costons, who were just moving into their residence on the same road, had had a trampoline outdoors for Danny’s two kids to play on while their dad and his girlfriend were busy setting up things in the house.

The windstorm had blown the trampoline into the road and kind of mangled it. It was blocking their way, so Jacob had to get out and move it out of the way, assisting the Costons in this manner. Just an odd little story, but it might mean something in the bigger scheme."

(Since I have to log in to access these articles do I still need to post a link to follow copyright rules?)

This article was referring to the arrest of DC gf Candace Brown. The statements from Michelle Wheeler were made this evening when The Disclosure called to be sure she knew about Brown's arrest.

Snip

"Michele said that two years ago, when Jake was home on R&R (he was in the Army and server three and a half years, one of those in Iraq), there had been a storm blow through.

At that time, Michele, Jacob and her two boys were staying at Wheeler’s parents’ house in the Centerville area while Jake was on R&R. They decided to go into Carmi, and traveled down their road (2210 North).

However, there’d been a storm blow through the night before, and the Costons, who were just moving into their residence on the same road, had had a trampoline outdoors for Danny’s two kids to play on while their dad and his girlfriend were busy setting up things in the house.

The windstorm had blown the trampoline into the road and kind of mangled it. It was blocking their way, so Jacob had to get out and move it out of the way, assisting the Costons in this manner. Just an odd little story, but it might mean something in the bigger scheme."

(Since I have to log in to access these articles do I still need to post a link to follow copyright rules?)

I truly don't know Rose, seems senseless since we can't access it. We know you are local for sure because of the pics. You may want to ask a mod how to handle. They may ask you to be verified as a local, which would give you more leeway in your posts. Painless, non-evasive and confidential to the admins of the forum. **You aren't outed as to who you are. We just gained 3 or 4 on Linda White's case in NH. I'll see if I can find the info link on verification. It would be a good thing for 88keys to do also.

Thanks for the info from Disclosure.

Info regarding being a verified poster. Kimster just updated with some new info on 9/15/12.

Rules Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I wonder if she has ties to Aurora, Ill.?

I saw that....mug shot/DUI ? Aurora is up by Chicago and I can't find info of her ever living there, but it looks a little like her and the tat on the face could be a temporary. But again, Brown is such a common name. I think I found near 50 on a search site for IL alone....and the majority around Chi-Town.

Snip

“On Friday morning, we went to scene 2. We had information that a person had spotted parts of a vehicle in the area. Two deputies viewed a path where a vehicle had come down and went back up, and the missing parts were there. There were three fender skirts, metallic green in color, and a black plastic piece from a fender well.”

Snip

"There were three bullet wounds declared by White County coroner Carl McVey upon the autopsy; however, no mention was made during Maier’s testimony of a third shot."

Snip

"Coston told Maier he then loaded her body in the bed of Wheeler’s vehicle. He then walked back to the campsite and unhooked his boat from his own truck and drove it back to CR 2210 N to get Wheeler’s body.

He loaded Wheeler’s body in the bed of Coston’s pickup and drove it via back county roads north across Interstate 64, where he “disposed of it at what we called crime scene 3.” At this point Maier noted that crime scene 4 was on CR 2210N, where Wheeler’s body had been shot."

Snip

"At the final interview, Coston reportedly told Maier that he’d thrown both “his Ruger .22 caliber Mark 2 semi-automatic target pistol, and Jake’s .22-caliber Walther P22 semi-automatic out the driver’s side window while he was on that route,” meaning, apparently, when he was coming back from disposing of the bodies.

Webb had Maier clarify that Coston told him he’d “only shot his gun,” meaning that Wheeler’s weapon had never been fired."

Snip

" also advised that the truck had not been pushed over the riverbank toward the water, and there hadn’t been tree branches and vegetation placed over Evans’ body, as searchers had earlier claimed they’d viewed and which appeared as though an attempt to conceal her body had been made. Such claims may have arisen from the dense underbrush that may have naturally concealed the truck, but apparently there was no effort taken by Coston to allegedly conceal Evans’ body."

These snips are from The Disclosure's online article. I was just able to access the log in area.

(I was unable to travel to the other scenes today but will tomorrow.)

This article states the two casings were found outside JW's truck rather than inside per another article. The two casings found on 2210 and the two shots fired...per Coston vs the ME findings of three gunshot wounds on Jessi is not too clear.

Blood was found on the rear passengers side. Curious if this turned out to be Jessi's after he raped her and was standing near that area.

We now know JW's truck had bucket seats and Coston would have been in the bed of the truck for a ride home.

We have four crime scenes.

1. Where JW's truck was found containing Jessi's body. CR 1400, abandoned house.
2. Where DC's truck and boat were. ...off Co Rd 1325?
3. Where JW's body was dumped and found on 8/31 in Wayne Co.
4. Area where JW was slain on CR 2210.

If anyone sees this differently, please post with your thoughts.

No crime scene at the kids campsite.

Thanks again Rose. We love having a local who goes the extra mile!!!!!

Snip

http://www.disclosurenewsonline.com...ts-girlfriend-arrested-on-obstruction-charge/

I don't have a subscription to Disclosure online but was able to access the information you posted. Everyone should be able to view through this link. I tried snipping a section but for some reason it wouldn't let me.

It amazes me that Coston could manage to murder two people, walk back and forth between the two campsites in the dark, shuffle the vehicles, un-hook the stuck boat, move the bodies, and attempt to cover up the murders all while being very drunk. I'm not saying that he did the best coverup job, but anytime I've been that drunk, all I could do was vegetate or pass out. It makes me wonder how probable his story is. Or, after the murders, did he simply drive home and get his girlfriend to clean up his mess.

Our thread has been full of people talking about how drunk DC was. Isn't it true that over the period of an hour, a person can "sober" up? I just have to wonder the time frame from leaving the legion until he killed Jessica and Jacob. I don't think that this was such a big feat for him; especially if he typically got drunk on the weekends. He may not take him as long as others to get sober. I have had friends that could appear very drunk, but they drink often, and it doesn't take very long before they could talk coherently again. Just my rambling thoughts.

http://www.disclosurenewsonline.com...ts-girlfriend-arrested-on-obstruction-charge/

I don't have a subscription to Disclosure online but was able to access the information you posted. Everyone should be able to view through this link. I tried snipping a section but for some reason it wouldn't let me.

Glad you found a link! I was thinking about the timeline while still in bed this morning. I had been getting a little impatient with LE not providing the time this all occurred...and all reporters for not digging out that info, then realized they were holding it back because obviously there was something wrong with someone's account of those times. We learned yesterday it was CB.....and LE is still not mentioning their account of when it may have all happened. They are still investigating and have not stated CB wasn't involved somehow. If innocent of being involved why not come clean after she learned he had committed a double murder and a brutal rape of a teen? It may have been a shock, then doubt, etc.;but for the sake of myself and my unborn child, I would want immediate distance and would have told LE all I knew. She didn't. Was she in denial or involved?

If she is pregnant, what a sad future scenario for that child.

It's hard for me to believe she would be involved with the story we have at moment...atleast the murders and rape, but helping with the disposal of JW??? Kinda doubting that too...at the moment; yet keeping that possibility open for thought.

Nor have we heard anything about cell phones. Did DC have one with him? Were there calls made between the two between midnight and 5 AM? We know Jessi had one...and Jake? In such a sparse area there would be few cell towers. The crime scenes would have been too close to distinguish pings, imo, except for the trip to Wayne Co.

And DC's bloody clothes...the damage to his truck...and returning home without the boat. ??? Getting stuck would suffice the last two, but unless he stripped down to his whities and washed himself in the river... and then snuck in while she was asleep....she knew more. Had to be blood in side his truck too. Transfer from his clothes, shoes etc. He also had that truck parked at work and was using another vehicle to drive. Who does that?
jmo

Rose, Good luck on your adventure today....but please be careful. Safety first!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemc
Back