IL IL - Joshua Summeries, 5 mos, Zion, 21 Aug 2013 *D. Thorpe guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I understand what you are writing here but what is the explanation then for the behavior?

Humans are after all just big, talking animals.

I say someone who kills a baby IS behaving like an animal and not a human.

Humans cannot claim to be domesticated because there was no one to domesticate them. Who's to say humans aren't still wild?

I'm just pointing out that rather than be so angry at the mother - this mother, or any other who has found herself in this situation - we need to place the anger and blame squarely on the person responsible: the man accused.

Because as negligent or dumb or overly-trusting as any of these moms might have been or not, I am doubtful that any of them set out to put their child in harms way on purpose.

And when we say things like "oh, this happens in nature with male non-fathers", then we give these men an excuse. It might explain it. It might not (and there is a lot of rightful criticism against evolutionary psych such as this). But again, human beings are not animals, we have higher brain function. We have evolved past animalistic instinct. An animal acts on instinct because they have to. Humans don't have to. These guys don't deserve to have their acts minimalized even a shred.

Just my two coppers. :twocents:

I'm just pointing out that rather than be so angry at the mother - this mother, or any other who has found herself in this situation - we need to place the anger and blame squarely on the person responsible: the man accused.

Because as negligent or dumb or overly-trusting as any of these moms might have been or not, I am doubtful that any of them set out to put their child in harms way on purpose.

And when we say things like "oh, this happens in nature with male non-fathers", then we give these men an excuse. It might explain it. It might not (and there is a lot of rightful criticism against evolutionary psych such as this). But again, human beings are not animals, we have higher brain function. We have evolved past animalistic instinct. An animal acts on instinct because they have to. Humans don't have to. These guys don't deserve to have their acts minimalized even a shred.

What "situation" did this mom find herself in?

I understand what you are writing here but what is the explanation then for the behavior?

Humans cannot claim to be domesticated because there was no one to domesticate them. Who's to say humans aren't still wild?

Every time this happens {or Adriaunna or Erica or Alanna or young men shot for the thrill of it, etc, etc.} people say, "How?/Why? can people do this?"
If people feel they have no one to ultimately answer to, what is the deterrent? They certainly feel superior to LE and their peers, etc. & so assume they will not be caught and will not have to answer for their actions. If they believe what is taught now as fact - that "there is no God" - why should people be any different from animals (living by survival of the fittest)? Humankind is reaping what they sowed. They will have to answer for it. If I believed this is all there is, I wouldn't be able to get up and face the news tomorrow. There WILL be justice for these innocents.

As an atheist, I find this train of thought offensive. I do not believe in celestial retribution, but that has no bearing on my morals. Using fear of retribution, like punishment for crime, or hell for sinners, is, and always has been, wholly ineffective. What a person who kills is lacking - is empathy, not a belief in a god. IMHO.

Why can't they make him tell where he put the baby???? I am not a violent person but they must have some way to make him talk or trick him into revealing all.

Why can't they make him tell where he put the baby???? I am not a violent person but they must have some way to make him talk or trick him into revealing all.

Unfortunately torture isn't an option.

Um, this isn't a theological discussion - it is about a missing baby. So, please don't disparage anyone's views - pro or con - regarding retribution, etc. JMO and thanks.

Where is Joshua?

Checking in fast during intermission in family movie night - any news on the searches?

LE must have some pretty strong evidence that brings them to the landfill. Someone has given them more info than they are saying.
Where are you little one?

The man was gone 10 minutes.....and the landfill is 10 minutes away......now I feel sick. No offense intended to anybody, but the mother has changed her story how many times now? Oh this poor little child.....may God be watching over him......no matter where he is.

Every time this happens {or Adriaunna or Erica or Alanna or young men shot for the thrill of it, etc, etc.} people say, "How?/Why? can people do this?"
If people feel they have no one to ultimately answer to, what is the deterrent? They certainly feel superior to LE and their peers, etc. & so assume they will not be caught and will not have to answer for their actions. If they believe what is taught now as fact - that "there is no God" - why should people be any different from animals (living by survival of the fittest)? Humankind is reaping what they sowed. They will have to answer for it. If I believed this is all there is, I wouldn't be able to get up and face the news tomorrow. There WILL be justice for these innocents.

RBBM

Exactly, what IS the deterrent?

It's quite obvious to all of us who come on here after reading day after day after day of these same sickening stories that there is NO deterrent.

NOTHING seems to prevent this. Not Social Services, not having CNN on your doorstep, not the threat of prison.

My opinion is that because these people who commit these crimes are fundamentally FLAWED in their mental make up, they don't THINK. They simply don't think.

Their brains might look 'normal' under our current CT scans ect...but there is something wrong.

Unfortunately this has been going on for as long as humans have been alive.

:seeya: I understand what you are saying. I also agree with you as well. I'm just so very upset that this sweet little baby had this happen.

All to often in the case of babies and even young infants.....they get away with it. Can anybody tell me how often we have seen this scenario in the last few years? I know it has been way to often, then again even once would be to often. Unless the can disprove the baby is a "missing child" there is almost nothing they can be charged with. In some cases even after they can prove the child is not just missing, we have those flukes where those responsible walk free.....like CA.......I just get so angry!!!!

Was the mother sleeping when this occurred?
Because IF the baby woke them both up and he said "I'll handle it" and she went back to sleep...
Her sense of time could be totally off. You think you slept ten minutes but it was really an hour...

Exactly! Or she could have just said 10 minutes so she herself would not look bad. Could have been a lot longer.

What mother lets a new boyfriend go and 'handle' a crying baby anyway??!!! It's not his child, or his responsibility, it's the mother's.

I think we will have answers at the news conference.

What is soooo awful is that bio mom and dad separated/divorced earlier this summer after five years of marriage, which produced four beautiful boys. Some months later a boyfriend, because I'm not about to call him stepFATHER, does this? Take your time people....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imdoey
Back