GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen the post on the FB from Saturday? It's from an LK. I know it is hard to navigate through all of the posts. I hope this doesn't break any rules saying this, but it is in regards to someone hearing a scream.

I have never heard of this before; guess they were serious about severing all financial responsibility for him. I have heard of removing a child from your insurance and having an amendment stating they will not be covered. Sounds like they were having some serious problems with him before he tried to kill them.

4. That my wife and I informed the Secretary of State, for the State of Illinois, prior to March 16, 1985, that we were revoking our parental consent for TR's Driver's License due to the fact that he was not a resident of our household and, therefore, we were not responsible for his actions, and a true and correct copy of an Order of cancellation dated March 1, 1985, of said license is attached hereto.
http://il.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.19890519_0000767.IL.htm/qx

Last seen by others at 7:00 shopping I believe. Last seen by husband at 9:00 before running off to do an errand. Reported missing the next day at some point. Not sure exactly when. We do know that neighbors saw her car Tuesday afternoon in the location without her around. She never came back to the car apparently. The friends saw it before they knew she was missing.

That is an awfully long time! She could be anywhere! I do not like the sounds of this at all. I pray that Katrina is okay, somewhere. This just breaks my heart

can we talk for a second about how much time there was from the time that she was last seen (confirmed - by someone other than the husband) and the time she was reported missing? just trying to think of exactly how much time someone would have to take care of "clean-up" and even possibly disposing of her body if she has been murdered. sounds like there could have been a huge chunk of time that this could have been done in.

this is a great question that for some reason no one has asked or answered...

if you live with someone and they told you they were going to run back to the store for something at 9pm (or anytime) and they never came back what would you do?? would you just go to bed and wait until bedtime the next day before you became worried? if this is really the way it happened i dont understand it??:waitasec:

I have never heard of this before; guess they were serious about severing all financial responsibility for him. I have heard of removing a child from your insurance and having an amendment stating they will not be covered. Sounds like they were having some serious problems with him before he tried to kill them.

http://il.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.19890519_0000767.IL.htm/qx

i find it interesting that he chose insurance sales as a profession...:twocents:

this is a great question that for some reason no one has asked or answered...

if you live with someone and they told you they were going to run back to the store for something at 9pm (or anytime) and they never came back what would you do?? would you just go to bed and wait until bedtime the next day before you became worried? if this is really the way it happened i dont understand it??:waitasec:

Devil's advocate here....Though it later came out that she was supposed to stay with the husband that night, she had been housesitting (according to him) recently and he could have justified not calling by saying she must have just gone over to the other house to spend the night.

i find it interesting that he chose insurance sales as a profession...:twocents:

He filed the name change petition in August 1992. Wonder if Smith is a family name, or if he just chose the most common last name in America.

Several cases under that old name of his.

I hear you and feel the same way, but I remember feeling the same way watching Mickey Shunick's friend (the last one she saw) being interviewed. It felt incredibly fake. In the end it wasn't. So, who can tell? I sure can't.

396267_541110392569962_1450535077_n.jpg

Beautiful picture of Katrina
https://www.facebook.com/Findkatrinasmith?ref=ts&fref=ts

Devil's advocate here....Though it later came out that she was supposed to stay with the husband that night, she had been housesitting (according to him) recently and he could have justified not calling by saying she must have just gone over to the other house to spend the night.

the problem i have with this theory is because he initially stated that she was suppose to come back--even in the tv interview he stated that...

the problem i have with this theory is because he initially stated that she was suppose to come back--even in the tv interview he stated that...

Was playing Devil's advocate....it's not what I believe though. Just saying that could be his defense on that.

I hear you and feel the same way, but I remember feeling the same way watching Mickey Shunick's friend (the last one she saw) being interviewed. It felt incredibly fake. In the end it wasn't. So, who can tell? I sure can't.

True <nods>

yeah i felt that about him too BUT brettley actually had tears and a bright red nose like he was really crying....jmo i was totally wrong about clint heichle tho...so who knows. i would like to know who she was housesitting for?

Watched the interview.

I concur with my earlier assessment.

Same song.....different verse.

I'm a firm advocate of "innocent until proven guilty" and all, and I certainly don't raise an eyebrow over one short video "response" as any sign of anything more than POTENTIALLY lacking in genuine emotion. Maybe such goes in hand over his feeling "hurt" over public responses of distrust? Well, considering his less-than-stellar past (as recently as just 10 months ago), what would he expect?
Still, he IS innocent until proven otherwise. Just sayin'

Watched the interview.

I concur with my earlier assessment.

Same song.....different verse.

I too watched the interview, and can't tell much, except I didn't see tears, although he WAS choked up. I never had a hinky feeling with Brettley, who was also visibly upset. Mmmmm... time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18