GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps he was adopted. Between the attempt to burn his parents to death and his alleged involvement in scamming old people, I'd say this guy thinks before he acts. That is why I just know that this isn't going to be an easy case to solve.

exactly what does being adopted have to do with anything? (as an adoptive mother and an adoptee I find that offensive)

exactly what does being adopted have to do with anything? (as an adoptive mother and an adoptee I find that offensive)

The adopted only has to do with having the different last time. The rest of it I'm assuming as to do with two very damning pieces of information out there regarding his character.

I'm confused. You find it offensive that I think he might have changed his last name because he was adopted?

And the state legal document has 4 names listed. So either he was in business with someone else or he had a few alias's/other names.

Perhaps he was adopted. Between the attempt to burn his parents to death and his alleged involvement in scamming old people, I'd say this guy thinks before he acts. That is why I just know that this isn't going to be an easy case to solve.

HeinekenMan, I am not seeing in your post where you refer to his name. That is why I responded in the way I did.

:twocents:

eta: are these records on main stream media? (re: names) because if they are not we need to be careful of sleuthing family members until or unless they are named a suspect.

Oh. I guess you just misunderstood what I was saying. Two different thoughts there. Someone said his name changed. I said that maybe it changed due to an adoption.

Then I referred to the news story and the government document that came up when I ran her home address through google.

I wasn't actually sleuthing anyone when I found the securities fraud hearing information. It just popped up because the company used their home address. But it seemed pertinent since it shows that there may be some people who are angry over the alleged theft of thousands of dollars. It's possible that she was kidnapped for revenge!

By the way, adoption is awesome! My assistant baseball coach adopted all three of his boys so that they know how important they are to him. He's a great dad. I adopt my whole baseball team every season. But I guess that's more figurative than literal.

When this case first came to my attention on here very early in the process it seemed like a simple car jacking or armed robbery by a cold person who didn't care if he took a life over whatever was in Katrina's wallet. I don't feel that anymore. Based on neighbors statements the impression I get was that the car was parked normally not just out of place on the road. Also her personal effects spread all over town isn't something a carjacker does. If there was stranger DNA in the car they would have found it by now. This seems like more of a "professional" job or at least something that wasn't a spur of the moment crime.

When this case first came to my attention on here very early in the process it seemed like a simple car jacking or armed robbery by a cold person who didn't care if he took a life over whatever was in Katrina's wallet. I don't feel that anymore. Based on neighbors statements the impression I get was that the car was parked normally not just out of place on the road. Also her personal effects spread all over town isn't something a carjacker does. If there was stranger DNA in the car they would have found it by now. This seems like more of a "professional" job or at least something that wasn't a spur of the moment crime.

I will wholeheartedly agree!

Last sentence: "let 'us' know she's safe."
Total use of deflective language....removed and non-personal. To my knowledge, they have no children together and the children he has are adults.
I would expect a spouse to say, 'me,' and 'I.'

If it were me I think I would word it as he did. I would say 'let us know he is safe' meaning me, his parents, his siblings, all who love him.

By now, they would have stated he had been eliminated if that was the case.

Until they have more info they probably aren't eliminating anyone. Could it be the husband, sure. But it could also be a neighbor, co-worker, stranger, butcher, baker or candlestick maker. Just not enough info (that we know of at least) to rule out or point the finger at any one person.

It's been a week they need to start eliminating people or this will never get solved.

It's been a week they need to start eliminating people or this will never get solved.

I know what you mean and for her family the wait has got to be AGONIZING. However, knowing several LE I have learned patience while actively pursuing with all you have is a neccessity. If you don't have enough info yet, you must wait or you may zone in on the wrong person or eliminate the actual criminal. Patience has never been my best quality :floorlaugh: but I am working on it!

I will go on record as eliminating the candlestick maker.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
ok, but if the perp ends up working at Yankee Candle I am calling that a win for me!
:floorlaugh:

We can also assume that the person had access to more of her things and have been taking part in the search effort and is monitoring the findingkatrinasmith FB site. Repeatedly the moderator and the daughter have mentioned not saying where your going to search because the perp is probably watching. Also the fact that new pieces of material are being found in random spots shows me the person who did it is now trying to throw off the search by placing items in random locations.

Has there been anything stated at all about "dj" businesses in that area? As in "disc jockeys"?

A DJ business also used their home address. But that seems fairly irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiyasofya