GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my goodness....sounds like things are racking up against the "better" half.....

Six pm report on WREX states husband tried to burn his family alive whe n he was a teen.

Oh good gracious! :what:

Here I was being hopeful the "we" and "us" included the girls - who seem very attached to her - even though she's step-mom!

how old was he when he was attempting to burn up his family? wouldnt juvenile records be sealed?

i saw one on her fb...but i dont know if its still there today...search with her previous name of nalevac...should be able to find it that way...

Found it! He looks very young. At first I thought he's another sibling of the girls. :what:

Maybe someone else was in the home when she left? It is all very vague. I don't understand why. Why not clarify some of the details, i.e. husband and wife, home alone, she goes out and comes home, goes out again, does not return.

But then if he expected her back shortly, why wait until the next day to report her missing? Wouldn't he have worried that night? There must have been some issue with their communication, to say the least, if he was not worried when she did not return that night.

exactly, and if there really was someone else home when she left at 9pm did they think she was coming back? why wasnt that person alarmed when she never came back? just thinking that now there may be more than just the husband that was not worried? something is missing from this story. why wait 7 days to "clarify" that the police are all wrong? jmho

exactly, and if there really was someone else home when she left at 9pm did they think she was coming back? why wasnt that person alarmed when she never came back? just thinking that now there may be more than just the husband that was not worried? something is missing from this story. why wait 7 days to "clarify" that the police are all wrong? jmho

In one of the first articles it was said they found she was missing when she didn't turn up for work the next morning. My guess is she said she is going to run an errand and then planned to return to the condo she was sitting. Therefore husband and possibly the daughters didn't expect to hear from her anymore that night.

Why he waited so long to clarify their situation (seperated or not) I also don't know. Maybe he didn't care what was said in the press, he was out searching (as was reported on the fb page).

And the fact that he didn't correct it immediatly would speak more in favour of him I think - wouldn't he be more eager to paint the picture of a happy marriage if he had something to do with her disappearance?

Hi there mama2one....so glad you joined us. It always helps to have someone here who knows the victim in some way. Do you mind sharing with us what church Katrina attended, did she attend regularly, and did her husband attend with her also?

Thank you for sharing with us...

Heartland Communtiy Church, it's a HUGE church in Rockford. I don't know if Todd attended or not, no one seems to be mentioning him in any post.

I'd also like to touch on the burning the home down as a teen topic: Todd had a different last name then, I am confused as to why the name change. (Can I post what it was?) He unscrewed a gas pipe and hours later the house exploded, his brother was sleeping upstairs & escaped unharmed. He was having issues with his parents at the time. I can recall that case so vividly, it was in the late 80's or early 90's....

Perhaps he was adopted. Between the attempt to burn his parents to death and his alleged involvement in scamming old people, I'd say this guy thinks before he acts. That is why I just know that this isn't going to be an easy case to solve.

Heartland Communtiy Church, it's a HUGE church in Rockford. I don't know if Todd attended or not, no one seems to be mentioning him in any post.

I'd also like to touch on the burning the home down as a teen topic: Todd had a different last name then, I am confused as to why the name change. (Can I post what it was?) He unscrewed a gas pipe and hours later the house exploded, his brother was sleeping upstairs & escaped unharmed. He was having issues with his parents at the time. I can recall that case so vividly, it was in the late 80's or early 90's....

:what: wow...thats prolly why he changed his name? crazy!

I think I read that Katrina is older than her husband. She's only 30 year's old herself so that would make him pretty young. Which makes little sense to me because his daugther's are both college age. I'm pretty confused now.

I think I read that Katrina is older than her husband. She's only 30 year's old herself so that would make him pretty young. Which makes little sense to me because his daugther's are both college age. I'm pretty confused now.

No....he is older. She is 30 and he has daughters in college that almost look like they are Katrina's age. I didn't think he looked young at all. I thought he looked much older than she.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benjysmom