GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if the husband has spoken publically about her disappearance yet? New conference something? That seems like standard protocol especially with someone who has been missing for almost 6 days now.

ive been downstairs most of the time, but was wondering if she was shopping with anyone during the initial shopping trip between 7-8pm , and also interested to know what any security cams caught of her--was it in the store or out in the parking lot waking, driving and in what direction. also, i wonder what she bought? may not make any difference in the world but then again you never know...i hope they find her soon, i think the family is really going thru a lot, i cant even imagine.

http://www.wrex.com/story/19906896/police-searching-for-missing-machesney-park-woman

in this article it is mentioned that her car was seen where it was found later by friends during the day of the 23rd before she was reported missing -- is this location a common route for people in the area? wonder why her car was there off the road all thru the day an no one thought it was strange?

Remember she wasn't reported missing until the next day. She was last seen at 9pm the night before supposedly. When the friends saw the car she probably was already gone. I guess that means things didn't see odd or out of place enough for them to check on the car at that moment. I was picturing the car just off the side of the road but it appears if the friends saw it and thought nothing of it then maybe it was like just parked in a normal spot?

I feel very sorry for Katrina. She looks very kind :( I hope it wasn't her kindness that got her into trouble. I still hope she'll be found safe.

Bumping up this afternoon for Katrina....

I wonder if LE knows anything more about the substance (thought) to be blood on the paper towels found in the field not far from her car?

Here's the thing the step-daugther and also the person in charge of the Find site has mentioned 2 times in 2 days that people can search anywhere but don't mention it on the site as they think the killer is watching it/participating in the website. Also it no longer seems like a car jacking with her personal belongings all over the city. They also feel that the stuff on 173 is a diversionary tactic. This tells me it was a crime of passion and a coverup. Not a random carjacking. That causes us to need to look into motive and opportunity.

I agree about it probably not being a carjacking, but as for the rest - it depends on what you are calling a crime of passion. There have been many cases of strangers abducting females (to some extent randomly) and then leaving items for law enforcement to find in hopes of confusing the investigation.

Ok not crime of passion but more likely a crime of premeditation with a clear motive.

Bumping up this afternoon for Katrina....

I wonder if LE knows anything more about the substance (thought) to be blood on the paper towels found in the field not far from her car?

I would think they do. It only takes a couple of days to determine a DNA match. If they suspect foul play, which I think they do, I'm not surprised we don't hear anything about it.

I had really believed she would be found by now. I hope I'm wrong in the feeling this is not going to have a happy ending. It just feels like the Swift case in TN. IMO

I was raised in Rkfd, been following this case on FB as many of my friends know Katrina from church. Anyway, local news is reporting her wallet was found Thur in the middle of the street & turned into a local business. This was MILES from where her car & cell phone were found(New news today). I agree, it seems someone is trying to throw LE off track. LE in Rkfd isn't stupid (it's a big city & a high crime area), I'm just curious why they haven't commented on if & when they looked at the local business videos. Isn't this a common thing to comment on?

http://www.wrex.com/story/19945658/river-search-conducted-for-katrina-smith

During the weekend crews from the Harlem-Roscoe Fire Department and multiple other departments conducted an extensive search of the Rock River.

The search was conducted from south of the Latham Road Bridge and nothing was recovered.

Tune in to 13 News at 5 & 6 for startling new information about the person who last saw Katrina Smith on Monday, October 22.

Would this be available on line? Could someone local listen to it and update us, please?

Thanks

I was raised in Rkfd, been following this case on FB as many of my friends know Katrina from church. Anyway, local news is reporting her wallet was found Thur in the middle of the street & turned into a local business. This was MILES from where her car & cell phone were found(New news today). I agree, it seems someone is trying to throw LE off track. LE in Rkfd isn't stupid (it's a big city & a high crime area), I'm just curious why they haven't commented on if & when they looked at the local business videos. Isn't this a common thing to comment on?

If they have a good idea who left the wallet there they would probably not say anything right now.

Hi there mama2one....so glad you joined us. It always helps to have someone here who knows the victim in some way. Do you mind sharing with us what church Katrina attended, did she attend regularly, and did her husband attend with her also?

Thank you for sharing with us...

Does anyone have a picture of where the car was parked at? Like the actual car parked there.

http://www.wrex.com/story/19945658/river-search-conducted-for-katrina-smith

During the weekend crews from the Harlem-Roscoe Fire Department and multiple other departments conducted an extensive search of the Rock River.

The search was conducted from south of the Latham Road Bridge and nothing was recovered.

Tune in to 13 News at 5 & 6 for startling new information about the person who last saw Katrina Smith on Monday, October 22.

Would this be available on line? Could someone local listen to it and update us, please?

Thanks

Did anyone catch what this news was?
I will look for a link...

ETA: Can't find a live link, nothing new on the website yet.

One week after police say 30-year-old Katrina Smith said she was going to run some errands, her husband says he's still waiting for his wife to come home.

"She said I will be back later and that was the last we had heard of her," said Katrina Smith’s husband.

Smith is speaking out for the first time since he reported his wife missing.

Now, 7 days later, search crews continue to scour Schoonmaker Park near where Katrina’s purse and car were found abandoned, her wallet found days later in Rockford.

“It's overwhelming, the outreach, the love and the support of everyone, and I am deeply grateful and I know Katrina would appreciate it as well."

Smith says he and Katrina didn't live in separate homes, like police reported, but that his wife was house sitting in Roscoe. He says the two have been happily married for seven years and that he is devastated by her disappearance.

"I just want her to call or come home or let us know she's safe,” Smith said.

http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/Search-Continues-for-Katrina-Smith-After-One-Week--176327311.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member