GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One week after police say 30-year-old Katrina Smith said she was going to run some errands, her husband says he's still waiting for his wife to come home.

"She said I will be back later and that was the last we had heard of her," said Katrina Smith’s husband.

Smith is speaking out for the first time since he reported his wife missing.

Now, 7 days later, search crews continue to scour Schoonmaker Park near where Katrina’s purse and car were found abandoned, her wallet found days later in Rockford.

“It's overwhelming, the outreach, the love and the support of everyone, and I am deeply grateful and I know Katrina would appreciate it as well."

Smith says he and Katrina didn't live in separate homes, like police reported, but that his wife was house sitting in Roscoe. He says the two have been happily married for seven years and that he is devastated by her disappearance.

"I just want her to call or come home or let us know she's safe,” Smith said.

http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/Search-Continues-for-Katrina-Smith-After-One-Week--176327311.html

Here's the thing, if this is really true, why haven't the police cleared that up right off the bat?

Police also say that they won't comment on if he's being looked into as a suspect which means he is.

From the same article:

"As for the bloody paper towels that were found on Friday, police say it could take weeks to determine where the blood came from."

I think this would mean it is not Katrina's blood since it would have taken only a few days to determine that. (someone correct me if I'm wrong but in another case on WS it was said it takes a couple of days to macth DNA)

Either the towels are not connected with her disappearance or she hurt her attacker and he bled.

Here's the thing, if this is really true, why haven't the police cleared that up right off the bat?

Police also say that they won't comment on if he's being looked into as a suspect which means he is.

Yeah...sadly, I'm even more suspicious. But I haven't seen video of his interview and need to watch that to see his body language.

One thing that stands out to me.."that was the last 'we' heard from her."

From the same article:

"As for the bloody paper towels that were found on Friday, police say it could take weeks to determine where the blood came from."

I think this would mean it is not Katrina's blood since it would have taken only a few days to determine that. (someone correct me if I'm wrong but in another case on WS it was said it takes a couple of days to macth DNA)

Either the towels are not connected with her disappearance or she hurt her attacker and he bled.

I don't know, sometimes DNA is done very quickly and sometimes not. Maybe they are being "worst case scenario" as far as timing goes.

Did anyone hear the news, they were claiming to have new info on last person to see her? I assumed this would be her husband.

One week after police say 30-year-old Katrina Smith said she was going to run some errands, her husband says he's still waiting for his wife to come home.

"She said I will be back later and that was the last we had heard of her," said Katrina Smith’s husband.

Now, 7 days later, search crews continue to scour Schoonmaker Park near where Katrina’s purse and car were found abandoned, her wallet found days later in Rockford.

“It's overwhelming, the outreach, the love and the support of everyone, and I am deeply grateful and I know Katrina would appreciate it as well."

Smith says he and Katrina didn't live in separate homes, like police reported, but that his wife was house sitting in Roscoe. He says the two have been happily married for seven years and that he is devastated by her disappearance.

http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/Search-Continues-for-Katrina-Smith-After-One-Week--176327311.html

Last sentence: "let 'us' know she's safe."
Total use of deflective language....removed and non-personal. To my knowledge, they have no children together and the children he has are adults.
I would expect a spouse to say, 'me,' and 'I.'

Smith says he and Katrina didn't live in separate homes, like police reported, but that his wife was house sitting in Roscoe. He says the two have been happily married for seven years and that he is devastated by her disappearance.[/B]

well that certainly changes things...

Wait....he said, "that was the last 'we' 'had' heard from her."
Now that is odd. I don't like 'we' and I don't like 'had.'

ETA: I don't know...maybe I'm too suspicious of spouses in these cases. Is his interview in video anywhere? I just see it in writing. Also, he says the police have it wrong. Hmmm....Really?

I wouldn't read too much into the actual statement I rather see the interview to read the body language. The We and Us could be general terms for like the last time We the family saw her and contact us.

Maybe someone else was in the home when she left? It is all very vague. I don't understand why. Why not clarify some of the details, i.e. husband and wife, home alone, she goes out and comes home, goes out again, does not return.

But then if he expected her back shortly, why wait until the next day to report her missing? Wouldn't he have worried that night? There must have been some issue with their communication, to say the least, if he was not worried when she did not return that night.

Six pm report on WREX states husband tried to burn his family alive whe n he was a teen.

Last sentence: "let 'us' know she's safe."
Total use of deflective language....removed and non-personal. To my knowledge, they have no children together and the children he has are adults.
I would expect a spouse to say, 'me,' and 'I.'

yup...if using any kind of statement analysis this statement has multiple flags... not necessarily meaningful without being able to ask further questions...i totally agree with you:moo:

It's not up on the site yet, newscast still on--the rest of the report was a rehash of the smae old stuff. He got MONTHS of probation?!

I am feeling totally suspicious of hubby, will apologize later if necessary.But this so does not sound like a random attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member