GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm falling off the fence because of:

The discrepency about their relationship status.

If they weren't separated, and she was expected back at the house, why did he wait until the next night to report her missing...

My hinky meter is wigglin' ..

and what about the 3 daughters biological mother? Where/who is she? Was she married to TS?

I appreciate the 'perspective' on the '85 fire and how the house is gone, but the family survived...sounds like there may be even more to that....but, with the '11 business bilking, the scattered evidence, and the contradiction concerning housesitting/separated...TS is clealy a target.

How could there be more to the story regarding the fire? He removed a gas cap and left and hours later the house exploded. Just because they got lucky and people lived doesn't mean something more was going on.

In Whitney Heichel's case LE also said that they were not going to talk about what her husband was saying (he was trying to say her card was used at more than one gas station)

in other words: we have to always go easy on family member speculation until they are named a suspect in a case (not to mention it is part of our rules here at websleuths)

They aren't going to be named a suspect until there is enough evidence to arrest or convict him. They aren't implying that there is a dangerous murderer out in the community. Probably they want to get all the info they can now before they arrest someone and they lawyer up.

Check out recent posts by others on right side of Facebook - post by CS

Check out recent posts by others on right side of Facebook - post by CS

interesting....that appears to be a reporter from 23 news trying to get in touch with anyone that worked with katrina...as this reporter says that she has been told that someone who katrina worked with was distributing hateful flyers about katrina before she went missing... (paraphrased)

the original comment is posted on local news channel 23 official fb:

https://www.facebook.com/23WIFR

interesting....that appears to be a reporter from 23 news trying to get in touch with anyone that worked with katrina...as this reporter says that she has been told that someone who katrina worked with was distributing hateful info about katrina before she went missing... (paraphrased)

:what: Yikes!!!
(esp. shocked since she seems so sweet - though obviously no one is perfect - she seems like the last kind of person someone would have such an agenda against...wonder if the co-worker found out about what her husband was doing and it was about that? Or if it was really aimed at K? Either way, Wow...!)

interesting....that appears to be a reporter from 23 news trying to get in touch with anyone that worked with katrina...as this reporter says that she has been told that someone who katrina worked with was distributing hateful info about katrina before she went missing... (paraphrased)

I can't find it.

Eta: never mind. Found it. That's disturbing! True? Another rumour?

I can't find it.

Meghan Dwyer, 23 News is working on a story. Can you help?
I'm trying to find someone who worked with Katrina Smith at Camryn Industries in Belvidere...to talk to 23 News. There have been reports that someone in the parking lot, a shift supervisor, distributed hateful flyers about her before she went missing. The business has no comment. Can anyone connect me?

i hope this is a viable lead, a break in the case. just like whitney heichle, a really nice person that no one would ever think of doing harm to...moo

I'm trying to find someone who worked with Katrina Smith at Camryn Industries in Belvidere...to talk to 23 News. There have been reports that someone in the parking lot, a shift supervisor, distributed hateful flyers about her before she went missing. The business has no comment. Can anyone connect me?

Thanks nellie! I found it just as you posted that.

i hope this is a viable lead, a break in the case. just like whitney heichle, a really nice person that no one would ever think of doing harm to...moo

Well that person who allegedly spread hateful flyers doesn't seem to be a nice person.

Probably not new, you would think that if she was having any issues with someone at work she would have told someone.

Latest news:

The ribbon color will be YELLOW! Also prayer vigil set for tomorrow stay tuned for time...

Hubby changed his mind about his presser and cancelled it.

Candlelight Prayer Vigil for Katrina Smith — Thursday, November 1 at 7:00pm in CDT at at Schoonmaker Park off 173 which is also Ralston Rd. Machesney Park.
via fb page

Probably not new, you would think that if she was having any issues with someone at work she would have told someone.

from the looks of the comments to the news request shows that some people have head of this...im surprised that someone from her work wouldnt have spoken out yet...maybe they have but only to le....moo

Welcome 750 :seeya:

Thank you for the info! Scratching my head though. Why would he lie about something that can be disputed by others? Is it possible she was not being completely honest with Todd about her reason for staying at the condo?

i can see how a woman that was possibly subjected to physical (or any type really) abuse might be using a "housesitting" excuse to get out of the house and use that time to start the separation process. not saying that's what she did, but it could happen. she might have been scared of him and that's why maybe he had no idea about being separated. maybe she broke the news to him the night she went missing? perhaps shes confided in a friend or two about the situation and what her plans were.

I'm not thinking this has anything to do with it. Just a terrible coincidence. Not sure how the supervisor would have her address? Who's going to do that and make themselve a suspect by posting fliers like that if they were going to hurt her. Seems very diversionary to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj