GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if the detectives and/or the brother found a flyer and is looking for more information or .... like the scattering of her personal items, maybe this is an attempt to scatter suspicion.

thats a good idea...

It's extremely doubtful that Todd Smith's ex wife has anything to do with what has happened. She had left their marriage before Katrina and Todd met for another guy. I believe she had remarried at one point. I'm fairly sure that Katrina's HR job was something fairly recent. While Todd's "business" was up and running, Katrina either didn't work or worked out of their home assisting him. That was one thing that I thought was odd. He went from being a DJ to an investment consultant. I remember way back in the day questioning his education/certification because it seemed to be a quick transition. The area and surrounding area in Roscoe where the condo is located is extremely safe--I would feel comfortable walking around there at any time of the day or night.....

(I hope I can ask this question)

So the girls grew up with him? The mother simply left?

I am wondering if the detectives and/or the brother found a flyer and is looking for more information or .... like the scattering of her personal items, maybe this is an attempt to scatter suspicion.

I'm no detective but the first think I ask is who has motive and who has the possibility to do that. Obviously if this is true it shows possible motive. Why isn't this something found or focused on early?

Question = If detectives are at your home with a search warrant - are you present?

I'm no detective but the first think I ask is who has motive and who has the possibility to do that. Obviously if this is true it shows possible motive. Why isn't this something found or focused on early?

its possible that le is aware of this and chosen not to divulge this info?? and there may not be any flyers to begin with...moo

If it is true about the co-worker allegation, surely LE knew about it before now.

the flyers were allegedly put out BEFORE she went missing....

A shift supervisor at her work created a hateful flyer? How bizarre, especially since she works in HR. Only a nut would mess with someone who sits one desk over from the person who terminates employee's.
icon12.gif

The first thing that came to my mind was; their parent(s) must be one of the unfortunate people who lost their retirement nest egg.

A shift supervisor at her work created a hateful flyer? How bizarre, especially since she works in HR. Only a nut would mess with someone who sits one desk over from the person who terminates employee's.
icon12.gif

The first thing that came to my mind was; their parent(s) must be one of the unfortunate people who lost their retirement nest egg.

Which is why I don't believe it at all. Heck if someone is going to do that they aren't going to be passing them out they will do it when no one is looking so they aren't suspected in creating it. It just seems to unbelievable to be true.

Which is why I don't believe it at all. Heck if someone is going to do that they aren't going to be passing them out they will do it when no one is looking so they aren't suspected in creating it. It just seems to unbelievable to be true.

I agree, very strange. Generally a shift supervisor is a responsible person with good judgement. In addition, 750 told us she only recently started working there.

I don't totally discount this happened, maybe it's partially true. I'll wait to see what the reporter comes up with.

I hope they are just being thorough because I would hate for no one to be arrested for this.

im hoping that since a lot of peeps will be out tonight maybe someone will find her...not likely but im still hoping...

STILL no mention of this case on the MSM in a major metro just an hour away. I know there is a lot going on in the news, but this is ANOTHER woman missing. You'd think with the recent history of erased women around here the talking heads would be talking about it. I'm really shocked.

Thinking of Katrina's family and friends tonight...prayers for you and for Katrina.

THIS JUST POSTED ON FACEBOOK: Findkatrinasmith
6 minutes ago.

Message from Chad and the family:

We could not have made it through thus far without you all. The task at hand is still to find Katrina. We also have all the confidence in the Law Enforcement personnel that they will bring this to an end and our family will see justice. We are all tired and frustrated, but still vigilant in this fight. As a family we have decided to take some much needed rest and
time alone tomorrow in preparation for the Prayer Vigil at 7 pm. I respectfully ask that all of you please let our family have a break tomorrow; we do not need any reports or updates unless it is from the investigators. If you feel the urge to get out and search or hand out flyers, thank you and please go ahead. The goal is to prepare for prayer tomorrow. We will continue our search on Friday if necessary. Once again, we greatly appreciate the help and support this community has shown, we are truly blessed.

That canceled press conference was announced by Todd's brother? Do we know this person's name?

The vanishing of this young woman is being addressed in such an...unusual way by her family.

The vanishing of this young woman is being addressed in such an...unusual way by her family.

I don't think so. They are out searching everyday trying to keep her name in public. The creator of the FB page simply doesn't want people pointing fingers even though many may think it's the husband. What is unusual about how they are reacting?

The community is absolutely wonderful with so many great iteas! Many were handing out flyers to the parents of the trick or treaters!
Now they are going to place yellow ribbons everywhere.
I will wear yellow tomorrow and wear my yellow ribbon until she is found ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95