GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The address where she lives? Why does it appear to be in a Business district? That or someone is running a business out of her house?

I think a home address was used for a business. Note the information for the Illinois Securities Department. There was a hearing for securities fraud, and the address for the company is the same as the address where she was last seen.

Maybe it's just late but I'm not following. Can't people use their personal address for business if they run it out of the home?

The media coverage for Katrina has been nothing short of atrocious. Is journalism practiced in the Rockford area?

Sounds like it was an amicable separation, she didn't appear to be scared of him if she was at the home getting more of her things and he was there. But that doesn't prove anything either.

If it was a carjacking.... don't they normally just steal the car? Somebody was either after her in particular or just itching to kill somebody.

Don't have a good feeling about this... she's going to be found dead, I predict.

bbm

Maybe raped and then killed her?

The paper towels make me think it was someone who cared about her. It's like when someone wraps the body in a comfy blanket instead of a garbage bag.

I don't think a random carjacker is going to clean her wounds off with a paper towel.

I agree with you about the condo owner. Who is it and what is the relationship?

bbm

If it was a knife attack the perp might have gotten her blood on himself and wiped it off.

This is the part that is bothering me. If she was staying at a condo and was estranged from her husband and she returned to their home(perhaps to get some things) and then she was reported to leave again to run an errand. Was she planning on staying the night with her husband and coming back?

I can understand this just simply being a situation of needing some space and she is living back and forth between the 2 places.
I think the key question is
was she coming back and how do we know? So far we only have the husband saying that.

I hate to be jaded here, but I hope they have looked in to his online activity, cell phone pings, her cell phone pings and can validate his whereabouts between 9:00 pm and the time he reported her missing.

I'm also trying to give him the benefit of doubt. It's possible she met up with foul play of a new acquaintance or a mere stranger or stalker.
imo

bbm

When I seperated from my former husband many years ago we kept in close contact. I had moved out but we had several cats and dogs, and I couldn't take them with me to my new, small appartment. So I dropped by our mutual home every day to feed them and spend time with them until we had something figured out. If it got late for whatever reason I also sometimes slept over (although on the sofa).

Not saying they have pets (I don't know that) but maybe some other mutual responsibilities, or things to talk about, sort out, etc. She seems to be in a transitional stage in her marriage. I don't find it strange at all that she was in her old home that day.

I think a home address was used for a business. Note the information for the Illinois Securities Department. There was a hearing for securities fraud, and the address for the company is the same as the address where she was last seen.

Could there be someone else living at the same address? Or does the house belong to only her and her husband? How long have they been living there? Maybe a former owner/tenant was involved in security fraud?

Nothing new on the fb page, last update was 9 hours ago.

I know we've had this discussion before on WS in other cases, but its worth mentioning if for nothing more than observation.

Katrina is only 30. Her step-daughters are in college and can't be much younger than she is. In appearance, they could be sisters. Her FB page has a cover photo of the family, including her hubby. There are 3 adult girls in the photo between Kattrina and her hubby. I am thinking that maybe he has 3 daughters because MSM has reported that Katrina has no biological children, just the step-daughters (who seem precious in news interviews).

I guess I will be clearer. In 2011, a person with the same last name and same Machesney Park address as Katrina's husband was in hot water over his company's business dealings. The Illinois Securities Department was to hold a hearing for this person and his company, which has the same address as the Machesney Park home. The claim was that the company was involved in estate planning and took investments from people. Allegedly, the company then spent the money. This is important for a few reasons. It shows that there was recent legal problems with this family, and it shows that there are people who were likely very upset with someone in this family.

Isn't it just a summary of stuff from actual news sites? I mean, this woman isn't in Winnebago County asking questions, is she? The most she could be doing is pestering family and friends of this missing woman.

I'll be honest when I say I'm not sure where she "gathers" her info...but yes, I'm sure its from different news articles. She also frequents Topix (another non-MSM nightmare)......

I'm a mile south of Rockford, on the Rock River. Most of the area is in deep drought, and it looks like you can walk across part of the river in places. The mall near her home is pretty dead, most of the anchors pulled out long ago. The shopping district she was headed to is pretty recent--last five to ten years. Has Target, Menards, etc, so there should be plenty of cameras if she was there.

So can we add to the possibility that this could be for "revenge" or someone specifically targetting Katrina?

I'm a mile south of Rockford, on the Rock River. Most of the area is in deep drought, and it looks like you can walk across part of the river in places. The mall near her home is pretty dead, most of the anchors pulled out long ago. The shopping district she was headed to is pretty recent--last five to ten years. Has Target, Menards, etc, so there should be plenty of cameras if she was there.

Thanks for the local input Scottiemom. Just so I'm clear, does the river flow southward from Machesney Park?

I'm concerned that something bad has happened to this lady. Its not likely that she left her nearly brand new car in the middle of nowhere and threw her phone on the ground in one place and her purse in another. It doesn't seem likely that someone would do that and then commit suicide either. Her stepdaughters and friends seem very fond of her. Not much has been said about her husband. Did anyone except him see her leave his house at 9 p.m.? Was anyone else at home at his house besides him when she was there? Was she in the habit of running errands at night on week nights, especially if she had to be at work the next morning? I hope her cell phone will give some information. Does anyone know if her car had a GPS or On Star or anything like that?

you are definitely asking the right questions; these are some that I wonder about also.
Wondering how long she has been with her husband. I see they are living in "her" house and I sure hope he ...
Prayers for sweet Katrina. :please:

I guess I will be clearer. In 2011, a person with the same last name and same Machesney Park address as Katrina's husband was in hot water over his company's business dealings. The Illinois Securities Department was to hold a hearing for this person and his company, which has the same address as the Machesney Park home. The claim was that the company was involved in estate planning and took investments from people. Allegedly, the company then spent the money. This is important for a few reasons. It shows that there was recent legal problems with this family, and it shows that there are people who were likely very upset with someone in this family.

Thanks for finding this. When I checked out this person's financial planning business website last night, I had noted the wording used. It had raised a red flag in my mind. The wording essentially said that he was an expert at working with retirees to preserve their capital AND generate great returns. Ah....the holy grail of investing.

I find it a bit odd that she would leave "her" house during this period. When I was in a similar situation, I had "him" leave, afterall, it was "my" house.

Sometimes it is easier to leave than to stay in a chaotic situation. I am glad she had another place to stay where she can gather her thoughts/feelings without being influenced or a burden on others.

Maybe the condo is a corporate condo (JMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member