GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have a possible motive now?

if foul play actually occurred ... im still thinking that she may have been really depressed - how depressed - i dont know, i could be totally wrong as i have been for the past month :waitasec: ...

since they found bloody paper towels i wonder if they found any kind of blood spatter or drip trail leading away from the car?? if she just got out of the car and went wherever, it could be possible that her car was burglarized after she left it in the road? im reaching here...even tho the scam info was found which i def. think could be a reason for a tremendous amount of stress, i dont know if it would result in a murder- and having murder charges slapped down on top of the scam charges that will prolly be soon in coming for someone - since they are married i dont think that she could be forced to testify against her spouse thats why i dont know if its really a motive to kill her...jmho

I don't get the suicide angle? If she were to do that why not just do it in the apartment that she lived alone in? People who want to kill themselves usually don't want to go missing. they often want their family and loved ones to know why.

Was she going to turn states witness? She had to see mail coming in to her house for businesses that didn't exist. If it was someone mad at her husband then they would have had to follow her to where she was going to shop or really gotten lucky in just seeing her out?

If you remember the map the place she was supposed to be shopping at was about halfway between her house and where the car was found.

I am not thinking suicide....or carjacking. Someone who carjacks usually keeps the car.

I am thinking the usual....and we all know what that means.

http://www.rrstar.com/updates/x255959224/-Annual-mintues-scheme-targets-Illinois-corporations

this was in the rockford newspaper on oct. 26, 2012...this scamming deal is still going...GREAT SLEUTHING HEINEKEN MAN!

im local and had never heard anything about this... i could see where someone could be under great pressure....

Nellie....is the hubby involved in this scamming deal you linked? There wasn't a lot of info there and I didn't see anything that hints towards an investment scam. Just a group charging business for a report that they are entitled to receive for free (or something like that).

Nellie....is the hubby involved in this scamming deal you linked? There wasn't a lot of info there and I didn't see anything that hints towards an investment scam. Just a group charging business for a report that they are entitled to receive for free (or something like that).

i was just noting that what hm found about the cyberdrive scam was running in the rockford paper as recently as oct. 26... i couldnt find any names connected in any articles to anyone...other than a business name matching the tetterhall address that has been named in all of the articles relating to the cyberdrive scam...

http://www.rrstar.com/updates/x255959224/-Annual-mintues-scheme-targets-Illinois-corporations

this was in the rockford newspaper on oct. 26, 2012...this scamming deal is still going...GREAT SLEUTHING HEINEKEN MAN!

im local and had never heard anything about this... i could see where someone could be under great pressure....

Sorry still catching up, so her husband owns a company who was sending out the notices? Big no-no if someone files a complaint with the State. Most SOS website's have a notice posted which warns business' of this particular scam.

I get those notices every year for both our companies and circular file them. I suppose some corps/LLC's may not know that you need to file a statement of information (annually). I do ours online and the fee is $25. This scam has been around for a long time ...

Well I found the husband's court records in Winnebago, IL using Henikenman's cyber link things for his name..
For those wandering when they got married it appears to be after 2002 and he's older than her...

Strike my earlier comment, I see now what his case is about. Has nothing to do with SOS fillings (although it did involve a scam).

No update from LE?

bbm

Maybe raped and then killed her?

bbm

If it was a knife attack the perp might have gotten her blood on himself and wiped it off.

bbm

When I seperated from my former husband many years ago we kept in close contact. I had moved out but we had several cats and dogs, and I couldn't take them with me to my new, small appartment. So I dropped by our mutual home every day to feed them and spend time with them until we had something figured out. If it got late for whatever reason I also sometimes slept over (although on the sofa).

Not saying they have pets (I don't know that) but maybe some other mutual responsibilities, or things to talk about, sort out, etc. She seems to be in a transitional stage in her marriage. I don't find it strange at all that she was in her old home that day.

Could there be someone else living at the same address? Or does the house belong to only her and her husband? How long have they been living there? Maybe a former owner/tenant was involved in security fraud?

Nothing new on the fb page, last update was 9 hours ago.

I hate to admit this but many years ago when I split with my ex husband, I went back several times to spend the weekend with him. We couldn't get along living together but we were still physically attracted to each other. My folks got pretty upset with me over that, too.

Just a thought, but maybe she and her husband were still 'friendly.' Maybe she was there to spend some time with her stepchildren. That's not so uncommon. If he followed her and killed her, why would he tell cops she was intending to come back, making him look suspicious? Why wouldn't he just say she left after picking up some things and he wasn't expecting her back that night? How old were these stepchildren, would they have been home at the time? Maybe they can confirm whether he ever left that night or not.

As for possible errands at 9 p.m., it's not like it was midnight. Many people have run into town for something at that hour. I've sent my hubby to the store for milk or bread at that time. Or he has gone to the store at 9 or 10 to get cigarettes. I've run into town to mail a letter or a bill so that it would go off by 7 a.m. We live in a rural area and our mail carrier doesn't get around to our house until 4 p.m. or later. I can think of a dozen errands that someone could be doing at 9 at night.

On the fb page they are inviting people to share ideas where else they could go searching. So for you locals, feel free to post your ideas there.

http://mystateline.com/fulltext?nxd_id=360562

dont know if this has already been posted or not...ive been downstairs mostly...

this article says the husband did say that she was suppose to return to him after her second run to the store....

i had not read that anywhere before...and had been wondering about it since the beginning...

If the husband is having financial issues, the glaring question for me is what sort of Life Ins. Policy does he have on her?

I hate to admit this but many years ago when I split with my ex husband, I went back several times to spend the weekend with him. We couldn't get along living together but we were still physically attracted to each other. My folks got pretty upset with me over that, too.

Just a thought, but maybe she and her husband were still 'friendly.' Maybe she was there to spend some time with her stepchildren. That's not so uncommon. If he followed her and killed her, why would he tell cops she was intending to come back, making him look suspicious? Why wouldn't he just say she left after picking up some things and he wasn't expecting her back that night? How old were these stepchildren, would they have been home at the time? Maybe they can confirm whether he ever left that night or not.

As for possible errands at 9 p.m., it's not like it was midnight. Many people have run into town for something at that hour. I've sent my hubby to the store for milk or bread at that time. Or he has gone to the store at 9 or 10 to get cigarettes. I've run into town to mail a letter or a bill so that it would go off by 7 a.m. We live in a rural area and our mail carrier doesn't get around to our house until 4 p.m. or later. I can think of a dozen errands that someone could be doing at 9 at night.

He didn't say that she was intending to come back. He just said that that she went shopping at 7, came back and left again at 9 pm to run an errand. I stated that that was weird because errand kind of presupposes that she is coming back. But we don't know if that's what he meant or not. I have the assumption that if he thought she was just head out and coming back but she never came back then he would worry. Fact is we don't know where she planned to stay that night and that will be a deciding factor on if the husband waited to long to report her or not.

http://mystateline.com/fulltext?nxd_id=360562

dont know if this has already been posted or not...ive been downstairs mostly...

this article says the husband did say that she was suppose to return to him after her second run to the store....

i had not read that anywhere before...and had been wondering about it since the beginning...

If she was really supposed to be home that night, they will be able to tell from phone records if he called her to see where she was. If she was really supposed to come back then he would have called multiple times before finally deciding that maybe she was going to her other place that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaravpatel