GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the fact that TS set fire to his parent's house with them narrowly escaping...all because he was mad at them is a precursor if you ask me.....says he is capable of doing something

From what I have heard from friends on my FB, again this is just RUMOR,
the police were the reason why the door had to be replaced. It wasn't the actual mechanical garage door, but door from garage to house(service type door). When they were notified that Katrina was missing and once the car was found, they entered the home without asking. As in they did a check to make sure she wasn't being held there. I asked why Todd just wouldn't let them in, and have been told he wasn't there & they didn't wait for a key.

I personally think the whole think is just rumor.

OH...well that would certainly change the implications wouldnt it...lol

It's too quiet and I'm impatient! Beat to death - wow. That's a really angry suspect. To leave her car, her wallet - IMO she wasn't robbed. We haven't heard anything about sexual abuse but I doubt that was the motive.

I'm curious what was found in their home. And her car.

I trust that they are on top of it but I'm so nosey want want to know more.

I keep refreshing here and googling her name every 5 minutes. nothing, nada, zilch.

I have a feeling an arrest will occur the day after the funeral out of respect for the family.

Anyone know of any cases where a spouse was arrested prior and so close to the time of funeral services.

Can any locals confirm whether or not the garage door was changed out at the house the same day that Katrina was reported missing?

Yes, the rumor is a new garage door was installed on the 23rd. I tend to this this information is unrelated as this would have been set up in advance. Rumor continues on that they were doing some home improvements recently (the carpeting in the house was recently replaced also).

I keep thinking of the step daughters with the pain & turmoil they must be going through. I have seen their facebook photos-they obviously love Katrina. I have seen their interview at the search site-they obviously love Katrina.
I hope our suspicions are wrong for their sake and another person is found and held accountable.

Yes, the rumor is a new garage door was installed on the 23rd. I tend to this this information is unrelated as this would have been set up in advance. Rumor continues on that they were doing some home improvements recently (the carpeting in the house was recently replaced also).

But don't you find it odd that this would be done during such an unstable time in their relationship?

1) possible divorce
2) possible job change
3) possible living conditions
4) Money - Does hubby even work?
5) possible fallout from the ponzi scheme (jail, fine, etc. ???)
6) possible legal fees
7) both have new vehicles - any car payments?
8) 2 daughters in college

It just doesn't make sense to me. JMO

I have a feeling an arrest will occur the day after the funeral out of respect for the family.

Anyone know of any cases where a spouse was arrested prior and so close to the time of funeral services.

This is a very good point, B4igo2it...

Out of respect for the family the LE may be waiting for after the funeral..

I do, though, remember that J Holt was apprehended while Whitney Heichel's body was being recovered..

It (the timing of arrest) may have to do with the potential for the perp to commit a crime in the near future or not....

JMO

I would think that an impending funeral would be a good reason to make an arrest PRIOR to the funeral, as they would want to insure the suspect was not AT the funeral, making things very uncomfortable for those around them. I remember the case of the man from Plainfield who killed his entire family on the "way to the water park." Sorry, can't remember the name-but if I recall correctly, he was arrested PRIOR to the funeral.

I am very uncomfortable with accusing TS of this, because he is her next of kin and hasn't been named a suspect. Also, the family seems to be rallying around him, including him in interviews, etc..

O/T-but a guy I used to work with had a girlfriend who was murdered the night before she was to leave for college. EVERYONE thought he did it because he was angry she was leaving, or perhaps she had broke things off that night or something. He was working that night (as was I) but then no one saw him for the time of the murder until late at night when we all met up at a late night bar. Even I thought he did it and people were covering for him.

I was very uncomfortable working with him after that and heard all of the rumors about how he used to beat her up, etc... Well...turns out that they caught the guy who did it because he ultimately went on to murder several other women (one of them was Ashton Kutcher's girlfriend!) Turns out that the boyfriend was innocent all along, and I actually participated in the rumors, etc...all along. I really regret that to this day that this innocent young man was suspected by everyone around him for so many years and he was completely 100% innocent, as he had said all along!

This is a very good point, B4igo2it...

Out of respect for the family the LE may be waiting for after the funeral..

I do, though, remember that J Holt was apprehended while Whitney Heichel's body was being recovered..

It (the timing of arrest) may have to do with the potential for the perp to commit a crime in the near future or not....

JMO

IMO, I hope that if they have a suspect and an arrest is looming and it's someone who was close to Katrina and has involvement with her family - that they make an arrest before the funeral. Out of respect for Katrina, IMO I think the arrest should be before.

No perp should stand with those poor people mourning the death of their loved one while harboring his own guilt. That would be a disgrace!!!!! IMO

exactly -- Chad is the center...not the surviving spouse...not odd that Chad is a take-charge kind of guy who cares about his sister...but ts is the surviving spouse which is where the attention is usually centered as they usually are the most broken up of the death of their spouse. but i think you understood my post the first time around, lol :waitasec:

:floorlaugh:

Yeah, I did! I guess I'm just trying to put aside my feeling and look at it without prejudice.

My people radar is a bit off at the moment, just ask my friends about my ex... :banghead:

But don't you find it odd that this would be done during such an unstable time in their relationship?

1) possible divorce
2) possible job change
3) possible living conditions
4) Money - Does hubby even work?
5) possible fallout from the ponzi scheme (jail, fine, etc. ???)
6) possible legal fees
7) both have new vehicles - any car payments?
8) 2 daughters in college

It just doesn't make sense to me. JMO

Someone said the house was in her name, so maybe if she was planning on getting a divorce she was doing some "remodelling" with an eye to selling up?

I guess I feel:
a) if it is a stranger - arrest now. Celebration of life and justice.
b) if a family member or friend - wait until after the services. No reason to compound pain and suffering as this is to be a celebration of Katrina's life.

I guess I feel:
a) if it is a stranger - arrest now. Celebration of life and justice.
b) if a family member or friend - wait until after the services. No reason to compound pain and suffering as this is to be a celebration of Katrina's life.

I respect your thoughts...

but personally.. Even if it WAS a family member.. And I was crying on his/her shoulder, or expecting moral support from him/her, etc. at the funeral... Then found out afterwards that he/she was the perp.....I think I would be enraged...

JMO

OH...well that would certainly change the implications wouldnt it...lol

I was told that the day after Todd reported Katrina missing they had him come in to answer questions and while he was there LE kicked in his door into the garage to gain entry into the house.

:twocents:

Blunt force trauma with WHAT?

Rarely do the bare hands cause fatal blunt force trauma to another adult. A fairly small person can render someone unconscious with a well placed blow with a bat, golf club, or some other object.
Pretty interesting after over two weeks in the water they can determine blunt force trauma .. I wonder if there are skull fractures..imo

When the report came out that Katrina had suffered blunt force trauma (BFT) to her body, several causes of injuries that could result in BFT came to mind. Such as, being tossed in a river, being struck with some item used as a weapon, a fall, and an automobile or boating accident. I googled BFT and found many articles with more causes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blunt_trauma

Blunt trauma, blunt injury, non-penetrating trauma or blunt force trauma refers to physical trauma caused to a body part, either by impact, injury or physical attack; the latter usually being referred to as blunt force trauma. The term itself is used to refer to the precursory trauma, from which there is further development of more specific types of trauma, such as contusions, abrasions, lacerations, and/or bone fractures. Blunt trauma is contrasted with penetrating trauma, in which an object such as a bullet enters the body.

During the summer of 2010, I had personal experience from a hard fall on my tiled bathroom floor (not wet or slippery) which resulted in my left arm being fractured. It took ten weeks to heal before I could begin 14 weeks of physical therapy. I also had a brain scan due to the impact of the fall. I declined the surgery for a pin in my arm due to other medical issues and my age. My arm could not be cast and it was horribly bruised as was my left hip. Sorry to ramble on so ... just my experience with BFT. No comparison to the BFT suffered by Katrina. :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

My other thinking, was the comment I read in the press release linked below. It speaks for itself. IMO

http://www.winnebagosheriff.com/inde...324&Itemid=160

POLICE NEWS MEDIA RELEASE
Date: October 24,2012
Time: 3:30P.M.

Ms Smith reportedly was last seen by her husband late Monday night October 22, 2012 leaving home to run an errand.

At this point it is unknown if Ms Smith left on her own or if she is the victim of foul play. Winnebago County Sheriff’s Detectives along with Detectives of the Roscoe Police Department are conducting the investigation.
<snipped> and BBM

this would not be the first time le used a funeral to gauge potential suspects... im not saying thats whats going on, but if there is no arrest by the time of the funeral/visitation i would say its a safe bet that le will be there watching people....jmho...especially if there is more than one suspect.

I for one am glad they are sticking together as a family until they have factual information or proof to act otherwise. I know many have stated they think TS should have said more, or done this or done that, but the fact of the matter is that almost none of us have experienced what that family is going through and even those that have probably understand that everyone deals with tragic events differently. It's entirely possible that due to the media reports about his past that an understanding, agreement and IMO a good thing would be to have Chad head up the entire operation as anything TS said to the media or to the volunteers coming to help search would be analyzed and scrutinized to no end. So it just makes sense for him to do everything he can to help but step back from being the head of it all during this entire thing.

I myself, like the family is sticking by him until I have reason to believe otherwise. There is enough other information floating around and while much of it is probably distorted or convoluted, I am willing to bet bits and pieces of it have some validity to it and whether or not it is Todd or someone else, people are going to be shocked. Many will be like, yeah we knew it all along, while those that would never believe it would come to this will be shocked (family and friends), or if it turned out to be someone else, we will be relieved that we were not fooled and that the family does not have to suffer even more consequences, and everyone else will be shocked they were wrong as they were so certain that he was guilty.
(catching up here so please forgive if already thoroughly discussed ad nauseum)

I, for one totally agree with the above.. I am very much aware that myself as well as IMO I dare say the large majority of all of those following and discussing this case are 100+% outsiders, uninvolved, with zero knowledge or ties to the victim or families involved.. Therefor I expect fully to not know the true, real dynamics that are at play presently...as well as the dynamics that have been at play over the years, prior to Katrina's disappearance and death regarding all of the family and friends of this seemingly close knit group of people in Katrina's life..

With that said IMO I really would have no place whatsoever to judge or even to opine about this family sticking together and atleast publicly presenting a very much united front of grieving and seeking justice for their loved one, Katrina.. I don't know Todd and would never presume to know all of the intricate makings of their family unit(both immediate as well as extended family).. But what I do know is that Katrina has many who love her and are absolutely going to follow through in whatever it takes to see justice served on those who have taken Katrina from their lives... <--of that there is zero doubt in my mind..

As an uninvolved, bystander, from the outside looking in.. I take my lead from those who I know love Katrina the most and will do whatever it takes, for however long that it takes to see that justice is followed all the way through to the bitter sweet end of being served on those responsible.. I wouldn't ever dream to even begin to question these precious family members of why or how they stand together in full support at this time with Todd.. It is not my place to and I am in support of whatever leads to justice for Katrina and IMO without a shadow of a doubt her loved ones are the very people who you damn well better believe are going to ensure that justice is served.. I support this family fully in seeing that justice happen for their beautiful loved one, Katrina whom they've lost and IMO we will absolutely see that happen in this case(and IMO likely sooner rather than later)..jmo, tho...

Again all jmo and nada damn thing more..MOO.

I keep thinking of the step daughters with the pain & turmoil they must be going through. I have seen their facebook photos-they obviously love Katrina. I have seen their interview at the search site-they obviously love Katrina.
I hope our suspicions are wrong for their sake and another person is found and held accountable.

This is EXACTLY how I feel as well.. I am in complete agreement with everything you say above..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper