GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too have doubted that she may not have been at the Tetterhall address Monday night. I have also wondered if TS reported her missing in Roscoe to possibly take attention away from the Tetterhall home. If he did have something to do with her death there is a very good chance that evidence would be found in his home (small amounts of blood on his clothes, shoes, etc) if searched thoroughly.

But since TS said Katrina left the Tetterhall house that night to "run an errand," he should have considered that LE would search the last place Katrina was seen: the house. He may not have been thinking clearly, however. This is a perplexing case, but LE's silence speaks volumes. MOO.

About Todd's alleged initial lie to the police.

From how I understand it now, Todd and Katrina had been separated, yet had agreed to not let that info out yet because of the 3 girls (maybe someone can confirm this?).

If so, when Todd spoke to LE I can see him keeping his word to Katrina (if the above is true) but only if he believed Katrina was alive (in that case their living situation after all would be sort of irrelevant), since if he knew she wasn't then lying to LE in his first conversation with them is the stupidest thing to do.

That makes me believe in a way that Todd had no knowledge, or else how would the lying make sense?

Btw is it true that all the newschannels were asked to take down the video in which Todd can be seen? TIA

Btw is it true that all the newschannels were asked to take down the video in which Todd can be seen? TIA

I have heard that they have been asked to turn over all footage. I have no clue if this is true or not. I can tell you that there is still video posted. If you go to http://www.wifr.com/video you can find most of what has aired; specifically if you select page 9 the video clip called missing woman that is 2:21 contains portions of the interview with TS.

Other than TS, has anyone been rumored to be linked to this case?? Ugh! This wasn't random! On the missing Katrina FB page, people are suggesting that TS is our man and last I checked today, no family member is telling them to stop. This speaks volumes to me as her good friend is running the site. You know, each case here becomes personal to us for whatever reason although they are all special and deserving of justice at the least but this one, is close to my heart for some unexplainable reason.

Much like Isabel and Sierra and Kortne an Brittany and so forth. Funny, I type their names enough that my damn autocorrect capitalizes and corrects any misspellings.

Maybe tomorrow guys? I hope!!

He did it.

Enough said.

(Except to say that I will apologize profusely if I'm wrong....)

Hi all,

I never knew this site existed until I was google searching for some information regarding Katrina and haven't stopped reading since. This story hits me close to home as I do actually know both KS and TS through professional networks; I used to speak to TS quite often. Rumors are running wild in the Rockford area since everyone in some small way knows everyone else. According to the rumors, local LE knows who the perp is and are attempting to collect enough proof.

Thanks for all your information, some great investigative minds here :)

:welcome: Uncharted! :welcome4:

thank you for your local information! :seeya:

About Todd's alleged initial lie to the police.

From how I understand it now, Todd and Katrina had been separated, y thet had agreed to not let that info out yet because of the 3 girls (maybe someone can confirm this?).

If so, when Todd spoke to LE I can see him keeping his word to Katrina (if the above is true) but only if he believed Katrina was alive (in that case their living situation after all would be sort of irrelevant), since if he knew she wasn't then lying to LE in his first conversation with them is the stupidest thing to do.

That makes me believe in a way that Todd had no knowledge, or else how would the lying make sense?

I can only speak for myself, but I know that I definitely have never been under the assumption or even impression that regarding their being separated, that Todd EVER LIED TO LE... Personally I have no reason to think or believe that he lied to LE WRT to he and Katrina being separated and living apart.. In fact I strongly believe that Todd did NOT lie to LE about he and Katrina being separated and living apart..

IMO the only people that I believe Todd stupidly lied to was the public via the media.. Thus exactly why LE were so dumbstruck at Todd's choosing to make such a blantly false statement publicly when they were already well underway in the investigation and had hard evidence that they were anything but living together happily married(ie. Her friends, family, Co workers, having seen with their own LE eyes that Katrina's belongings, etc were in the Roscoe condo, etc, etc, etc,etc..the list goes on and on)..LE KNEW THEY WERE SEPARATED AND IMO THERE'S NO WAY IN HELL TODD LIED TO LE ABOUT THEIR BEING SEPARATED AND LIVING APART...

I BELIEVE TODD STUPIDLY LIED TO THE PUBLIC VIA THE MEDIA, NOT LE..JMO

My first post here, and first of all, many condolences to Katrina Smith’s family and friends. I do not know the family, but I live in the community and had been following her disappearance and prayed for her safe return, like many others in the community. A horrible and tragic ending for a woman with a very beautiful smile. May she rest in peace and I hope closure and justice comes for her and her family.

It is very apparent that everyone is pointing the finger at the husband, myself included. But somehow, I have a twinge of doubt unless there is some very incriminating physical evidence against the husband or a confession from him. Yes, his past is shady, and sends all sorts of red flags.

I still can’t get past the fact that this could still have been an affair that went bad. A summer affair that was getting too serious? So I put myself in Katrina’s shoes...and I can tell you that I have possibly walked her shoes 10 years ago. Not many people will openly admit their own infidelity, but I come here to tell you that having an affair, while being married, is kept an absolute secret. Let me stress that again……An absolute secret! A secret from family, from co-workers, from friends, even from your bestest of friends. Affairs are filled with shame, guilt, and embarrassment if ever found out. Look at all the high profile cases of infidelity. People that you would never think could have one, certainly do…ie. Tiger Woods.

With that being said, I believe Katrina was ready to leave her marriage. Something that she probably was struggling with internally for some time and her husband knew it. Maybe it was brought up six months ago and the husband begs her to stay…”whatever you want, I’ll buy it for you”. Hence, the new car. He thinks all is better. The car purchase is actually a passive-aggressive abusive technique that keeps Katrina in the relationship, tying up the finances so she can’t leave him. (Been there!) Katrina was taking all the right steps to position herself for a break from him…she gets a new job breaking away from working with her husband. She is doing very well there I assume, people like her, she’s interviewing for another position. She joins the church, volunteers, making new friends, expanding her circle of support. Kudos to this woman! This woman was in transformation and was on the brink of leaving for good, in my opinion. But that damn expensive car payment! She doesn’t think she can do it alone.

I really think the house sitting was a chance for her to be alone to think what she wants, avoid her husband for the weekend, and was meant to be a possible hookup place. Here’s where I think it goes all wrong…her affair doesn’t show all weekend long due to his family commitments. There is a part of me that thinks that if there was someone else, it was a married man, a family man, someone who has young children and is unhappy with his relationship. But I’m sure his wife hasn’t got a clue. Katrina goes out shopping Monday night, possibly picking out a new outfit for her interview the next day, but also uses shopping to avoid going home to her husband. I bet shopping late at night was used as an excuse in the past. She’s waiting to hear from her affair, he can’t get free until he helps puts the kids to bed (8:30/9:00pm) or waits for his wife to go to bed. I am also guessing there is probably a second prepaid cell phone for communication (probably in the river). i.e. exactly how Katie Holmes breaks from Tom Cruise. (Please forgive me, I read too much WonderWall) Katrina gets tired of waiting, goes home to her husband, and last minute gets the call that he can meet her, and she runs back out. The guy probably uses the excuse to his wife that he is going to work out (24-hour gyms) (been there!). I can only imagine what happens from there.

I question the neighborhood where her car was found. Was the car parked normally on the street? Or parked in a haste? No one has really commented on this…neighbors reported seeing her car parked there earlier in the day. Did they mean earlier in the day on that Tuesday after she disappeared Monday night? Was her car EVER seen in the neighborhood on an earlier day? Like ever? In the last couple weeks? In the last couple months? Over the summer months at all? I recall a comment mentioned that neighbors were shocked, it’s a quiet neighborhood, most are retirees, etc… What if any of these “retirees” have a son in the 30-40 age bracket that Katrina could have been meeting with? WHO did she know that lived in that area? Someone or a relative of someone in that neighborhood must have seen her before. Or maybe saw her previous car…what did she drive prior to the new car?

I think what becomes clear to Katrina over that tragic weekend is that her fling has no intention of leaving his wife and young children. He didn’t show up to spend time with her at the condo over the weekend. She’s upset and doesn’t want to be second place anymore. I think she learns or realizes on that Monday evening that she is being used. If only she would have turned around that night and went back home or went back to the condo. I think Katrina was ready to expose the affair, maybe wants to tell his wife. The affair has no intention of making it public, or leaving his wife and kids, he doesn’t want to be nailed for a lifetime of child support payments, he gets angry, fight persists, etc. and it gets out of hand.

From Todd’s perspective, if he truly is innocent, he waits at home, probably goes to bed thinking Katrina will be back after her errand. She doesn’t return. He thinks she still needs some more time away, he doesn’t want to press the issue with her, wants to give her space, and figures that she decided to stay another night at the Roscoe condo. This is why I think he called Roscoe to report a check on the place where she was staying, instead of the Loves Park dept.

Please, these are my own observations of this case based on what has been reported, combined with my own personal life experiences. I don’t want to discredit Katrina’s character in any way by giving this theory, and may her blessed soul rest in peace. I understand how easily extramarital affairs can happen. It’s very clear to me that Katrina wanted out of this relationship and was taking all the proper measures to prepare financially, and with the newfound strength she found in God through her baptism (family posted a beautiful baptism picture) to carry her through this event, that unfortunately never got a chance. As a bright, beautiful, thirty year old woman, the attraction to a forty-something year old dwindles significantly, especially with the financial hole her husband got himself into with his business. She wants no part of his dishonest dealings. I hold this woman in very high character, who just needed to know that she could have made it on her own with her new job, trade or sell the new car, break off the possible fling who really was only concerned with his own self-gratification, and start over with someone new. If there was another guy involved, both men were abusive to her emotionally, and in the end, physically, resulting in her death.

I pray that whoever did this to her comes forward and justice is served!!!

Welcome ladyhoops...great first post and glad to have another local..

WTVO Just aired an interview with the half brother regarding his website. They even went so far as to go to the Smith home and knock on the door. It is common knowledge that he isn't staying there.

http://mystateline.com/fulltext-news?nxd_id=365202

Just shows how stupid the media is that they would go as far as showing themselves knocking on the door at the Tetterhall home for dramatic effect.

And the half brother has been out of the picture for 25+ years so why would they even bother contacting him period, oh because he's running a website that slams Todd and that is news that people that assume he's guilty will gobble up.

Welcome Ladyhoops

So nice to see someone else that really thinks out possible other scenarios of what could have happened, instead of just going, yep husband is guilty and most people agree and that's the buzz going around.

Scenarios like this have merit with me when I think about all the other things I have heard from sources that I consider reliable to me. When I take those unconfirmed statements or clues into account and have those on the mind while I read your story it makes certain things fit.

So this doesn't get deleted, everything said here is of my own opinion and in no way shape or form should be considered factual.

Welcome ladyhoops...great first post and glad to have another local..

I'll second that and welcome to the group! :welcome5::wave:

That certainly is another possible scenario. You explained your views well imo.

Hoping and praying LE wraps this up and makes a speedy arrest.
I am also thinking of the family that loves Katrina.

jmo

What I don't get LM- Is why is it so hard for you to believe that TS wanted Katrina dead? He had tried to murder 3 people before because he was "mad". If he had already attempted it what would stop him from doing it now especially when he was probably "mad" that his relationship with Katrina was ending? I don't think he did it just because he was the husband but because he had the motive, opportunity and has shown in the past that he's the type of person that can take a life.

What I don't get LM- Is why is it so hard for you to believe that TS wanted Katrina dead? He had tried to murder 3 people before because he was "mad". If he had already attempted it what would stop him from doing it now especially when he was probably "mad" that his relationship with Katrina was ending? I don't think he did it just because he was the husband but because he had the motive, opportunity and has shown in the past that he's the type of person that can take a life.

Why is it so hard? Because you obviously don't know them and I do, so no I don't BELIEVE that he wanted her dead, and scream it and post it 10,000 times just like half the rest of the people running around saying the same thing and I still will refuse to believe it.

He's not that 17 year old anymore, he has 3 amazing and beautiful daughters to think about, he had Katrina who was an amazing and sweet person. You don't know the whole story about the fire, you only know what you have read.

What was his motive since you state he had the motive?

<Mod Snip>

jumping off your post scadder,

for me, its not even that he had tried before, but more because of the reasons he gave for doing so...fighting, nagging from mother, not getting things the way he wanted." and he said that when everything else he tried (whatever that may have been) he said that he resorted to "trying to scare her (mother)".

imo, jmo & moo -- scaring people in hopes of getting your own way is pathological... im not a shrink, but there is some kind of psychological issue or problem with this kind of thinking that i dont think resolves on its own without major psychological assistance and even then i dont think this type of urge would totally leave a person afflicted with it.

now, on the other hand...what our new member Hoops explained about how and *if* a marital infidelity was playing out negatively and depending on how it was being dealt with *could possibly* introduce another player/players into the situation. BUT THAT IS ALL *IF'S & MAYBES* where as what we know about ts are FACTS. those are much easier to discuss and pontificate on based partly on many many-- too many to count cases where it has indeed been the spouse or in a close relation to the decedent. as many here have said "if I am wrong, I will be the first to apologize"... and with that in mind I do not see any type of "witch hunt" mentality on THIS site. it is occurring on another site administrated by ts's brother -- but that site is strictly forbidden here -- two entirely different things going on - which on the surface may appear similar but are not in any way the same. moo, imo, jmvho....:moo::moo::moo::twocents:

What was his motive since you state he had the motive?

<Mod Snip>

I agree with you, LMStyle, that potential marital affair may not be a sufficient motive to make a seemly mature adult man kill his wife. I don't know if TS is guilty or not, and since at one point in life I did converse with TS on a regular basis (for work purposes) I would say I was dead-set against his guilt for quite some time.

However.

I question my stance quite a bit anymore. I don't know TS, personally, and haven't spoken with him in years... but I remember the emotional strain he went through when his business was being scrutinized. And Katrina was invovled in his scheduling, planning, and administrative portions of the job.

Maybe we are focusing too much on the separation as the motive, and not enough at the legal ramifications of luring retirees into giving money as an investment, but never investing their money but using it for personal uses? Possibly KS had legal fire against TS he didn't want (or need) coming out.

JMO (not quite sure what moo is, haha)

Not positive, but I don't think they even go through the hassle of verifying locals any more. I think it got to be too time consuming for them and they stopped doing that. You can ask a moderator though to be certain.

Been here so many times before on different cases and unfortunately more often then not, it ends up being the spouse in the "who done it". Oh, their motives differ to a degree, but even that seems to have a fairly reliable reoccurring theme.

I prefer to KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid). Who would have a reason, who would have the means and who would have the opportunity?

To those who don't want to believe the hubby is good for the crime, brace yourselves
'cause my intuition tells me that sadly, this is going to be 'nuther one of those. That they were separated tells me there was already trouble in paradise, not to mention the fact that when there are marital issues, the most vulnerable time is when one spouse is leaving the other.

No one wants to believe someone they know is capable of taking the life of another, but the cold hard fact is that it happens every day. There are those who walk among us that do not think of nor feel for others, they only use others to their liking and once that person stops providing them with what they want/need, that is when they are most at risk.

I'm not trying to make this any more painful for any of you than it already is, there is already plenty of that to go around. The reality is tho, it is what it is.

R.I.P. Katrina Smith, you did not deserve this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noizewarr