Found Alive IL - KD, 13, & CD, 2 weeks, Madison County, 18 Sept 2016 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
K posted on her mom's fb acct. i don't have the link but am sure it has been posted since it was one that K posted pictures of her baby boy.

Anywho she mentions TN

Sent from my SCH-I545
Someone who commented on the post and said Congrats, lives in TN

http://www.wtvq.com/2016/09/21/children-reportedly-abducted-may-traveling-kentucky/

Very interesting details in this article regarding the baby as well as paternity.
It says:

"Two children that were reportedly abducted by their father from Edwardsville, Illinois."

"Law enforcement believes CD, the stepfather of 13-year-old KD and 3-week-old CD, Junior may be traveling to West Virginia or Kentucky, and may be in a green 1996 Mercury Villager van, with a plate number E833210."

Seems pretty clear to me.

I was trying to watch one of the news segments but it wouldn't play on my computer, so I went to you tube to look. While I was there, I thought let me put in CD name, I did, a few things showed up. I then put in JD name and a playlist came up. It is her as it is named JennChris2010 I am not familiar with all the songs, but wondered if they may give some inclination as to things that were going on in the family. The first one is Carrie Underwood's Blown Away.
I then put in KD name and one is titled Blind makeover with my BFF, dtd 11-20-15 and it looks like KD on the right with a friend. If this is her, boy it shows how small she is. How girlish and giggly she is. She doesn't have her glasses on, so I can't be 100 % it is her.
Another thing on the fb acct under JD, the one with profile picture of Chris and a female, is that JD or KD I cannot tell. There is a lot more picture of the FB page she has with Lynn a her middle name.

Assuming a paternity test has been ordered as a part of one of those criminal investigations CD was already the subject of before he took off, and assuming it comes back to show that he is indeed the father of the newborn, and him knowing he's going to face some pretty serious charges in addition to the charges he's already facing, I suppose he's going to do all he can to not get caught.

From what I can tell on SM, these people aren't made of money. He's already been on the run 4 days with these children, one of which will require diapers & formula (assuming mama is not breast-feeding). It wouldn't surprise me in the least to learn that one of his friends or family members is helping him in some way. Either sent some money or is letting them stay somewhere.

moo.

I haven't seen where any of her family members have changed their profile photos to her missing poster... Does nobody care she is missing? They can't run forever.

<modsnip>

Please, PLEASE don't let this be another murder-suicide. The little guy is so darn cute with eyes and nose just like K's. Please let these beautiful children be found today!

I haven't seen where any of her family members have changed their profile photos to her missing poster... Does nobody care she is missing?They can't run forever.

<modsnip>
BBM

That is why I think, she had help, and this was planned. To them, she is not, "missing". She is hiding. No one was plastering up missing posters, offering rewards, or really saying much at all. Because they know she is where she wants to be. imo

You might be surprised how incredibly resourceful people who have lived even marginally impoverished lives can be!

The list of stuff middle and upper income folks think people need is based on their experience,and not so much the reality.

Great information shared in the last 24 hours, sleuthers! So glad to see that it's not just me who is thinking about this little girl and her baby all the time right now. I hope we can keep the momentum going until they are found safe and sound. Praying constantly.

I haven't seen where any of her family members have changed their profile photos to her missing poster... Does nobody care she is missing? They can't run forever.

<modsnip>

Not that we're allowed to sleuth family but no, I have not seen a single family member or friend on SM change their profile pic to the missing poster, as is so common in many of these missing cases. I have seen, by doing a simple FB search for discussion of Christopher Derleth, 1 related person post some MSM links about the case.

1. Count 'em. :facepalm:

<modsnip>
True the only family member I have found is a cousin, SL, who is sharing missing posters on her page. All the ones who said Congrats, are saying nothing now. Well the aunt with the same name as the mom has been sharing as well. But JD's mother, sister, or none of the other cousins have shared or posted anything about her missing or asking for her return.
KD's mother, JD, seems to have had some medical problems and hospitilizations. She was staying with her parents. I wonder if that is when CD was responsible for taking care of KD and her sister, maybe when all this started?
I have no idea what to think, except to know the longer they are missing, the worse it makes me feel for their safety.

Not that we're allowed to sleuth family but no, I have not seen a single family member or friend on SM change their profile pic to the missing poster, as is so common in many of these missing cases. I have seen, by doing a simple FB search for discussion of Christopher Derleth, 1 related person post some MSM links about the case.

1. Count 'em. :facepalm:
In my experiences, most family members change their profile/cover pictures to that of the missing person. They are on media asking for the safe return of their loved ones. Putting up missing posters, etc. None of that in this case.
I do not know if they are like under a " GAG" order due to DCS being involved or not.
I hate to think of K. thinking no one cares because of the lack of what I stated above.
I think maybe DPS or LE should appeal to KD to come back, get away, they will work with her to keep her with her baby.
I just go back and forth on my thinking. Please let them come home safe

Well I have had friends share the missing info on them to trucking pages, hiking pages and motorcycle riders pages. Hopefully they will find them today

I know folks don't seem to think this is getting much national attention, which I agree with, but I still have a gut feeling this will be resolved by this weekend.

The only reason it has gone on this long is because C.D. has had a lot of lucky breaks. It sounds like he should have been in jail a long time ago, but the not-so-swift and corrupt IL system just let him slide on by.

The fact is, he's not intelligent enough to escape justice for long. I don't care how great his camping skills are, he will slip up--big time. He most likely will end up robbing somebody for money or supplies, try to use his own debit or credit card, or contact somebody he knows. It just will not last long.

I don't see this ending violently towards momma or baby. I do believe the baby is in danger in the sense that a newborn is fragile and they need to make sure he's gaining weight, but on the other hand I believe C.D., even with his shortcomings, will know enough about babies to assist K.D. to provide at least semi-adequate care.
Nancy Grace had a little piece on her show about them being missing. Maybe that will help get the word out

This young girl and baby most likely need medical care ( 2 week check ups ) and proper nourishment. Not to mention a safe place to sleep and other types of care. If this SOB really cared about her he would drop them off at a hospital and just be on his merry way. Please let them be located safe soon !!

Oh my. :(

But "once we are able to find out the paternity of the child, there will no doubt be charges of criminal sexual abuse filed against that individual," says Greenville, Illinois, Police Chief Lou Lorton.
Police are not discussing what prompted the alleged kidnapping but have said they believe the abduction was planned.
Chief Lorton says his officers began investigating the specific circumstances surrounding K.'s pregnancy months ago.

As a result of that probe, which focused on her stepfather as well as another man she had been living with, the state removed K. and her son from her home and placed them with a foster family, Lorton says.
"The original complaint stemmed from the fact that there was a 13-year-old that was pregnant and there were, at the time, two individuals living with her in the home," Lorton tells PEOPLE. "We obviously don't know who the father of the child is, but that's what launched the investigation."

http://www.people.com/article/missing-illinois-teen-mother-stepfather-kidnap-infant-son-rape

There also was a case in 2015 involving KD but apparently there wasn't enough evidence for a full investigation.

http://www.people.com/article/missing-illinois-teen-mother-stepfather-kidnap-infant-son-rape

There also was a case in 2015 involving KD but apparently there wasn't enough evidence for a full investigation.
Another man in the home, not some young friend of Katherines. I wonder if this was when mom was in the hospital. Who is the other man, that is just as sick as CD. I hope KD's sister is ok.
This is getting worse instead of better. Please find them safe.

Stepfather and another man? Who is the other man?

I got all caught up earlier after losing the thread but KD and CD are all over SM so I came here to catch up. I was all ready to be angry at K's Mom until I saw her interview. Now idk, she seems so frail and sick, and maybe she got taken advantage of, or hoodwinked by this creep too, idk. I just felt sorry for her watching the interview, call me soft but unless/until we know more I'm gonna cut her some slack.

KD and the baby need to be found now! That poor young girl, I'm a fully grown adult and I'd be a total mess after what she has been through :(

The father is not her step-father. Someone else can not claim to be her father now. There is a legal difference between a step-father and father. He is her father by law, through adoption. They had to do a home study in order for him to adopt her. Step-fathers are not legal anything---they are not on the financial hook, they are not on a birth certificate. This man has legal decision making power over these children.

BBM. There were two men living in the home who could be the father of this baby. In my heart, I hope that this father did not father this baby. I hate that this girl was abused and impregnated. That said, I would like some hope that he had boundaries and was not an evil predator. (Probably not going to happen but I can hope.)

"Fairly certain...... they are out there." --That is one scary sentence!

"The original complaint stemmed from the fact that there was a 13-year-old that was pregnant and there were, at the time, two individuals living with her in the home
," Lorton tells PEOPLE. "We obviously don't know who the father of the child is, but that's what launched the investigation."

According to Lorton, detectives were working to determine the child's paternity before K. and her son were abducted.

"We are still investigating, and we are fairly certain K. and her stepfather are out there," Lorton says. -----From People.com

I was all ready to be angry at K's Mom until I saw her interview. Now idk, she seems so frail and sick, and maybe she got taken advantage of, or hoodwinked by this creep too, idk. I just felt sorry for her watching the interview, call me soft but unless/until we know more I'm gonna cut her some slack.

I wouldn't be surprised if she knew, very sorry to say so...many mothers know and do not want to see it...I don't know this woman but I wouldn't be surprised. I didn't have a good feeling when I saw her plea...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back