Found Alive IL - KD, 13, & CD, 2 weeks, Madison County, 18 Sept 2016 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This says he

is an outdoorsmen and left the area equipped with tents, sleeping bags, and goods / merchandise that would commonly be gathered for a camping trip. He has talked with friends / family in recent months about free camp sites throughout the country and is likely staying in a campground, national forest, or a rural wooded area, that would allow for free or inexpensive primitive camping.

Not good. I hope all free campsites are checked.

This is frightening. I cant imagine caring for a newborn on the run, in remote campsites. Especially after a recent C-section, and being on a pacemaker, with no medical follow up. And only being 13...so scary...

I actually have so much to say, but no words come close to being adequate.

A c-section, a heart condition, a newborn baby, on the run, and potentially living in primitive conditions, is a recipe for a tragedy for both mother and child.

I feel helpless right now. :anguish::anguish:

Whoah, let's back up. Someone asked about the other possible MAN. CD's ex is JD, she has a daughter, JD and a son JD, no DOB is given, but he is old enough to have facial hair. He also talks about painting someones house and changing out door knobs so maybe he is working in some type of carpentry work.
They are all friends on FB
There is a picture from July 21, 2015 that shows them all together, JD is standing next to KD as you can always recognize her glasses.
None of them have anything on their FB pages about missing K. or the baby

I feel that way too Tealgrove. I wish I were in West Virginia, I would go to all the free camping areas and post flyers. Maybe we can organize something with the people who do live there or the surrounding states?

Here is a website that lists free camp sites: https://freecampsites.net/#!West+Virginia&query=region

I put in West Virginia but you can search any state.
I think VA, NC, SC and the other states along the Appalachian mountain range (TN, KY, GA) should be checked as well. WV, VA and NC would be my top guesses since they were last seen on I-77 going south. BUT they could be ANYWHERE by now. If everyone prints flyers and posts them at just one or two campsites we can alert other hikers and campers. I'll do this in my area if someone provides a link to an up-to date flyer.

A baby needs, formula, diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, clothing etc. etc. Mom needs now, and will continue to need, sanitary pads, clothes, food, meds (eventually for the heart condition) etc. As it gets colder different supplies will be required. Warmer clothing and sleeping stuff. Gas for van, fuel for cooking.

Sooner or later, somebody needs to get to a store to either steal these items or buy them. It will be him. Eventually he will have to steal UNLESS someone is harboring them. He will leave her to get these things or bring her with him and leave her in the Van. So, Walmart, Dollar Stores, grocery stores, Target, are all places that need to have HIS picture and hers in each store.

Eventually, the baby will get sick. They all do. KD will need medical attention for either her pacemaker, meds she takes, or issues surrounding the c-section. Walk in clinics, emergency rooms, drug stores.

All these stores need to be on the look out for a guy buying baby items, womens' items etc., without a woman present.

KD and CD's pictures need to be plastered in all of these places because eventually they are going to have to come in off the grid to help themselves.

Easier said than done but he will screw up eventually. I'm hoping sooner rather than later.

It may be just me, but I was totally put off by KD's mother interview!

How could this woman sit in front of the cameras and speak her husband's name in a civil tone? Her husband who allegedly impregnated her young child? The man who had a restraining order to stay away from the child he impregnated one month before her due date.

I did not get the impression that the adult mother was upset over all the bizarre circumstances happening in her life. To me, it seemed it was a way of life and things would work out. She was just taking it in stride.

How in the the world does she think her child is going to keep this baby? KD's mother is in no condition to be a fill in mother in helping raise CD. She doesn't appear to have a good record on raising her own two girls.

As the pieces slip out, I bet we will be furious with what went on in this house!

How could this woman sit in front of the cameras and speak her husband's name in a civil tone? Her husband who allegedly impregnated her young child? The man who had a restraining order to stay away from the child he impregnated one month before her due date.

I did not get the impression that the adult mother was upset over all the bizarre circumstances happening in her life. To me, it seemed it was a way of life and things would work out. She was just taking it in stride.

How in the the world does she think her child is going to keep this baby? KD's mother is in no condition to be a fill in mother in helping raise CD. She doesn't appear to have a good record on raising her own two girls.

As the pieces slip out, I bet we will be furious with what went on in this house!
No it was not just you. I don't think moms playing with a full deck. Not to be unkind, I gather that she has issues, physical medical issues and/or mental health issues. It was very, very odd to hear her be like, "Oh we used to go camping all the time" (paraphrasing), like you would talk about a family trip to Niagara falls or something. Just really strange. imo

A baby needs, formula, diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, clothing etc. etc. Mom needs now, and will continue to need, sanitary pads, clothes, food, meds (eventually for the heart condition) etc. As it gets colder different supplies will be required. Warmer clothing and sleeping stuff. Gas for van, fuel for cooking.

Sooner or later, somebody needs to get to a store to either steal these items or buy them. It will be him. Eventually he will have to steal UNLESS someone is harboring them. He will leave her to get these things or bring her with him and leave her in the Van. So, Walmart, Dollar Stores, grocery stores, Target, are all places that need to have HIS picture and hers in each store.

Eventually, the baby will get sick. They all do. KD will need medical attention for either her pacemaker, meds she takes, or issues surrounding the c-section. Walk in clinics, emergency rooms, drug stores.

All these stores need to be on the look out for a guy buying baby items, womens' items etc., without a woman present.

KD and CD's pictures need to be plastered in all of these places because eventually they are going to have to come in off the grid to help themselves.

Easier said than done but he will screw up eventually. I'm hoping sooner rather than later.

So true! And IMO even if KD went willingly with CD she's going to get fed up with camping life pretty quickly, if she hasn't already. Remember the teen last year who ran off into the woods with the 40-something year old guy? She was ready to go home in just a few days. Luckily someone spotted the guy and they got caught. What will happen if KD wants to go home and CD doesn't?

I can't imagine a new mother trying to care for an infant in those conditions, let alone a 13-year old with medical issues. WTH internal conversation did CD have with himself that made it okay to drag these poor innocents into such a situation?

You feel as I do, I did not think she was sincere. No please come back, bring them back. No tears, nothing heartfelt at all. I think she knew everything that was going on, she just asked for prayers about it all on her FB page

Sheriff's Department provides photos of actual missing Derleth van in missing teen, infant case.

https://m.riverbender.com/articles/details.cfm?id=15410

The Madison County Sheriff's Office said it wants to disseminate photos of the van Christopher Derleth was last seen in. The attached photographs were taken recently and are believed to accurately depict the van in its current state.

Nationwide kidnapping arrest warrant issued for Christopher M. Derleth
https://m.riverbender.com/articles/details.cfm?id=15428

EDWARDSVILLE - Capt. Mike Dixon of the Madison County Sheriff’s Department said today a nationwide arrest warrant for aggravated kidnapping has been issued for Christopher M. Derleth, 39. He is wanted for kidnapping his 13-year-old stepdaughter K. E. D. and her 17-day-old son, C. R. D.

You feel as I do, I did not think she was sincere. No please come back, bring them back. No tears, nothing heartfelt at all. I think she knew everything that was going on, she just asked for prayers about it all on her FB page
I was thinking the same, I think LE "strongly encouraged" her to make any statement at all.

Do we know if he was still living in the house with JD?
He would have been out if it was me! Just the possibility he could be the father.
I am sure he will blame Mom for being sick and away for his incredibility stupid wrong doing!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545

I hope her sister is handling this ok. I believe I read she is a twin? Heartbreaking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In reading over the mothers FB profile. In her photos are 2 photos of KD and her sister's new birth certificates. It appears that CMD adopted the two sisters early last spring. And the baby is not a jr., but has a different middle name than the step father.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

https://www.facebook.com/madsioncountyilsheriff/posts/738574572947173

Investigators developed evidence proving CD’s vehicle was east bound on I-77 in West Virginia, south of Charleston

There was a slight inaccuracy in this post as you can't go east on I-77. No doubt they meant southbound on I-77. Southern WV has so many rustic campsites. I love that area but terrible conditions for her and her baby. No running water or electric and just pit toilets at some campsites. Many of the southern counties are still dealing with the tragic flooding. Many stores were totally destroyed so supplies would be harder to find. I've posted her story on several WV FB pages. I'll update my posts with a link to the missing poster and encourage people in those areas to print and distribute it.

Do we know if he was still living in the house with JD?
He would have been out if it was me! Just the possibility he could be the father.
I am sure he will blame Mom for being sick and away for his incredibility stupid wrong doing!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545
JD had stated she was out of the hospital but staying with her parents until they could get a house, something about not smoking in the house. Someone in the comments asked about the girls, she said they were with her, but someone else said they weren't. That is when she said something about Misty, who is JD's sister, being a pain. CD is never mentioned after all of this, so I got the feeling maybe he was staying somewhere else. Maybe the girls were already in Foster care at the time as they mentioned they were with the state.

Sheriff's Department provides photos of actual missing Derleth van in missing teen, infant case.

https://m.riverbender.com/articles/details.cfm?id=15410

The Madison County Sheriff's Office said it wants to disseminate photos of the van Christopher Derleth was last seen in. The attached photographs were taken recently and are believed to accurately depict the van in its current state.

I'm posting the pics of them and the van to my FB daily and encouraging friends to share as well. The more eyes the better.

https://www.facebook.com/madsioncountyilsheriff/posts/738574572947173

There was a slight inaccuracy in this post as you can't go east on I-77. No doubt they meant southbound on I-77. Southern WV has so many rustic campsites. I love that area but terrible conditions for her and her baby. No running water or electric and just pit toilets at some campsites. Many of the southern counties are still dealing with the tragic flooding. Many stores were totally destroyed so supplies would be harder to find. I've posted her story on several WV FB pages. I'll update my posts with a link to the missing poster and encourage people in those areas to print and distribute it.

Are there any cabins in the area? In southern Indiana, people keep cabins for hunting season but the cabins would be empty right now. Or further north than I am, there is a region called "The lakes" we're people keep cabins for the summer and most of those have already been closed up for the winter so there would empty ones there too. I didn't know if WV would have anything similar around but it's a thought.....

I haven't been able to check in all day. I can't believe they haven't found these kids! And poor K had a c-section?! GAHHH! FIND THEM

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back