Found Alive IL - KD, 13, & CD, 2 weeks, Madison County, 18 Sept 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've never worked on an OB floor long term and never had a c-section so someone help me out here please. Would KD have just had the sutures or staples removed post c-section when they fled?

I think that mom could not get the twin girls back from DFS after getting out of hospital until she found a more permanent place to stay. But she could not be around a smoker with her lung problem, so they were all displaced at the time. The girls could not be where she was (maybe too small, not enough rooms) and the place they could all be together had a smoker. If smoker left they could have all been there together. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping that if the smoker is her husband, then sooner or later he's going to run out of smokes and need to go to a store to buy a pack or carton. Hopefully, when he does (if he does smoke), that someone will recognize him and call LE.

Sent via Tapatalk - Please excuse any mobile-induced typos. Thanks.

I've never worked on an OB floor long term and never had a c-section so someone help me out here please. Would KD have just had the sutures or staples removed post c-section when they fled?

There are a few different types of closures. Some stitches/sutures will need to be removed a few days after surgery. Some will dissolve. Staples are another common option and they are removed a couple days after as well (mine were taken out before I left the hospital.) The most she would have right now would be Steri-strips, I imagine. They fall off on their own (or if it takes too long, your doctor can take them off.)

Are there any cabins in the area? In southern Indiana, people keep cabins for hunting season but the cabins would be empty right now. Or further north than I am, there is a region called "The lakes" we're people keep cabins for the summer and most of those have already been closed up for the winter so there would empty ones there too. I didn't know if WV would have anything similar around but it's a thought.....

Oh yes, there are countless vacant cabins and over 900,000 acres in the Mon National Forest. If still in WV I doubt he would go to an established campground because he'd be discovered by park rangers. They could be in the Mon Nat Forest dense woods and not discovered for a long time but I can't see them doing that with a baby. This spring I spent a month in that area but I could not have done it without my camper and generator. At this point I think they are either in a cabin he had knowledge of or being hidden by someone. I have mixed feelings about that. On one hand KD and baby would be better off if they were staying with someone but on the other hand that person wouldn't be an upstanding person!

I wonder if police have gotten a search warrant for his phone records to see who he's been in contact with? Surely they have by now!!

I actually have so much to say, but no words come close to being adequate.

A c-section, a heart condition, a newborn baby, on the run, and potentially living in primitive conditions, is a recipe for a tragedy for both mother and child.

I feel helpless right now. :anguish::anguish:

All of the above and let alone the mother is a 13-year old, a mere child, who can barely look after herself. Ugh!

I'm really, really freaked out for this poor girl and her tiny infant. Extremely scared for them right now. :worried:

Are there any cabins in the area? In southern Indiana, people keep cabins for hunting season but the cabins would be empty right now. Or further north than I am, there is a region called "The lakes" we're people keep cabins for the summer and most of those have already been closed up for the winter so there would empty ones there too. I didn't know if WV would have anything similar around but it's a thought.....

Oh my yes, there are tons upon tons of cabins and hunting shacks and such all throughout WVa.

Another thought:
Hunting season is just starting up in West Virginia. I wonder if they could be getting help from someone (or not) who has access to a hunting shack/cabin or even use of a platform. And if CD is into hunting this would be a good time to start (food, isolation, etc.).
Here's some food for thought - log records (as required) for any traps set and kills, vicinity registration, etc could be of some help (albeit I doubt he'd be stupid enough to do so) but nevertheless if getting assistance from someone else, it could be helpful if logged under that individual... Just thinking out loud.
http://www.wvdnr.gov/hunting/hunting_regs.shtm
http://www.wvdnr.gov/news.shtm

She was in the hospital for 2 weeks. They'd take staples out before releasing her. Sutures might be self dissolving.

No doubt she's weak and need lots of TLC though.

She was in the hospital for 2 weeks. They'd take staples out before releasing her. Sutures might be self dissolving.

No doubt she's weak and need lots of TLC though.

Well, this really adds to my concern! A c-section does not require a two week hospital stay.

However, we are discussing a petite child, with a pacemaker, giving birth to an average size baby (forgot the weight, but no 6 pounder). Perhaps the hospital kept her to teach her the basics of carrying for her baby?

There are a few different types of closures. Some stitches/sutures will need to be removed a few days after surgery. Some will dissolve. Staples are another common option and they are removed a couple days after as well (mine were taken out before I left the hospital.) The most she would have right now would be Steri-strips, I imagine. They fall off on their own (or if it takes too long, your doctor can take them off.)
This really has me worried about infection, if they are tent camping in the woods, for her and the baby's belly button

Another thought:
Hunting season is just starting up in West Virginia. I wonder if they could be getting help from someone (or not) who has access to a hunting shack/cabin or even use of a platform. And if CD is into hunting this would be a good time to start (food, isolation, etc.).
Here's some food for thought - log records (as required) for any traps set and kills, vicinity registration, etc could be of some help (albeit I doubt he'd be stupid enough to do so) but nevertheless if getting assistance from someone else, it could be helpful if logged under that individual... Just thinking out loud.
http://www.wvdnr.gov/hunting/hunting_regs.shtm
http://www.wvdnr.gov/news.shtm

The good thing with hunting season starting is there will be a lot of people in the woods! Maybe someone will see them if they're camping! I will try to find an email address or FB pages for little country stores in our southern counties and send them a link to print the missing poster.

The good thing with hunting season starting is there will be a lot of people in the woods! Maybe someone will see them if they're camping! I will try to find an email address or FB pages for little country stores in our southern counties and send them a link to print the missing poster.

Yes that's my hope/thought too! And great idea about sending out links to little country general stores. Bait n' tackle stores and such could be a big help too especially around known hunting areas. I'll try to find some places tomorrow in the morning.
Do you have the link to the official missing poster for KD and son? Is there also an official wanted poster for big CD as well? TIA!

This really has me worried about infection, if they are tent camping in the woods, for her and the baby's belly button

You are echoing some of my concerns as well. With a pre-existing heart condition, the LAST thing KD needs is any type of infection. Oh gee....prayers prayers prayers.

Yes that's my hope/thought too! And great idea about sending out links to little country general stores. Bait n' tackle stores and such could be a big help too especially around known hunting areas. I'll try to find some places tomorrow in the morning.
Do you have the link to the official missing poster for KD and son? Is there also an official wanted poster for big CD as well? TIA!.

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1276957/2/screen
This is on the WV State Police FB. There is a poster for KD, baby CD and CD

You feel as I do, I did not think she was sincere. No please come back, bring them back. No tears, nothing heartfelt at all. I think she knew everything that was going on, she just asked for prayers about it all on her FB page

BBM
That's what bothered me, too. She was so unemotional, as if she were talking about the weather or something, and then all the sudden she starts crying, but without tears. I hope I'm wrong, but it seemed as if she was trying to display the emotion she lacked that she knew she should feel about her missing daughter for the sake of the cameras. It reminded me of Diana Alvarez's mother's completely flat affect, calling her "the girl" instead of "my daughter" or "Diana".

Of course, we all react to our feelings in different ways, so they could just have different ways of showing their emotions than others. Like I said, I hope I am wrong. After the New Mexico case, it is harder and harder to give these moms the benefit of the doubt.

Good point! Free camping sites come to mind first, but certainly they could be holed up anywhere that is remote and uninhabited.

My family goes camping quite often and, at least here in PA, even free campsites at state parks require a permit, and the DCNR do rounds of the campsites to check for this. When you register, you have to provide ID and your vehicle information. Not sure if that is just a PA thing or not.

My point is that if they are essentially 'squatting' either way, it seems likely to me that they may try to find a cabin like Minasmom described. Or, if being out in the sticks doesn't matter to CD, then perhaps they are even just out in the woods somewhere and not at any campsite or cabin at all.

Got to keep all the possibilities open and not narrow the search so far that we miss them. My concern is growing by the hour. That poor little baby. :(

I still can't believe it's going on a week and they still haven't been located. It's been days since the last spotting. They are surely deep in hiding by now. I pray for the children's safety. I feel that if they are in fact deep in the woods of West Virginia, there is no way they will be located. It's impossible to search every inch. I'm hoping the supplies they originally brought along are starting to get low and they will have to go to a store. That seems to be the only hope in being found. I honestly can't see family helping them out. But then who knows what kind of people they are.

Did I miss it or was anything regarding credit cards, cell phone or cash missing ?
Did we hear anything about what he has purchased in the last 2 weeks before he took the kids ?
Is there anything missing from the home, sleeping bags and so on.

I have a terrible feeling and I really hope I'm incorrect. :praying:

This says he

Not good. I hope all free campsites are checked.

Did I miss it or was anything regarding credit cards, cell phone or cash missing ?
Did we hear anything about what he has purchased in the last 2 weeks before he took the kids ?
Is there anything missing from the home, sleeping bags and so on.

I have a terrible feeling and I really hope I'm incorrect. :praying:

He took camping supplies with him and had talked to family and friends about free camping sites. It's here on the update: https://www.facebook.com/madsioncountyilsheriff/posts/596595500478415

"Christopher is an outdoorsmen and left the area equipped with tents, sleeping bags, and goods / merchandise that would commonly be gathered for a camping trip. He has talked with friends / family in recent months about free camp sites throughout the country and is likely staying in a campground, national forest, or a rural wooded area, that would allow for free or inexpensive primitive camping."

BBM. Everyone needs to check all campgrounds/campsites in their area and post flyers. A friend of mine that lives near the Blue Ridge parkway in NC (ashville area) will be doing this today, but she can only cover her small area. If everyone takes a bunch of missing flyers to the small stores and community bulletin boards maybe they will get spotted somewhere.

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1276957/1

I had a c-section 5 years ago. The stitches dissolved. I took my pain meds as prescribed, and in doing that I was in very little pain and the recovery was easier than I expected. granted I was 22, not 13. These poor children :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en