Found Alive IL - KD, 13, & CD, 2 weeks, Madison County, 18 Sept 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm sure this was already discussed but this says they were spotted by a turnpike camera: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_16f24302-854e-54ef-bda1-65de59bd6a63.html

"The sheriff’s update said investigators believe the children were abducted from the guardian’s home some time early Sunday. It says CD’s green 1997 Mercury Villager minivan was spotted on Interstate 77 south of Charleston, W.Va., at 12:24 p.m. Sunday. That stretch is a turnpike with security cameras at the toll plazas."

BBM. Can any locals tell us how long the turnpike is? If they were only seen at one camera does that mean they had to have gotten off the turnpike? I was thinking they could have continued south on 77 but it sounds like they would have been spotted by more cameras if they did that.

BBM
That's what bothered me, too. She was so unemotional, as if she were talking about the weather or something, and then all the sudden she starts crying, but without tears. I hope I'm wrong, but it seemed as if she was trying to display the emotion she lacked that she knew she should feel about her missing daughter for the sake of the cameras. It reminded me of Diana Alvarez's mother's completely flat affect, calling her "the girl" instead of "my daughter" or "Diana".

Of course, we all react to our feelings in different ways, so they could just have different ways of showing their emotions than others. Like I said, I hope I am wrong. After the New Mexico case, it is harder and harder to give these moms the benefit of the doubt.

I don't want to get too OT, but a lot of women, because they were abused as children while their mother "looked the other way" truly believe that the way you keep your man is by offering him your daughters for sex. I have seen this go down in real life before. The mother gets upset when she is caught and exposed, because that means that she lost her way of keeping her man.

My uncle's first wife did this with her daughter from her second marriage. After that divorce she found a man who was after her 8 year old daughter. When the whole thing was exposed, she was SO FURIOUS that her man had been taken from her an put in prison. Her daughter was returned to bio-dad and the court said that if she went to therapy (her own father abused her) and could work through her issues, that she could at least start to get supervised visitation with her daughter back. You know what? She refused. And to this day I still think she never wants to see her daughter again because her daughter "ruined" her relationship with the pedophile by telling. I swear to God that's what's going on.

These women's brains are so totally wrecked by their own abuse that their thinking is really just that convoluted.

Edwardsville to Charleston is a little over 7 hours: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Edw...61a84704c91b0b!2m2!1d-81.6326234!2d38.3498195

I had been thinking of him traveling South but now that I look at the possible routes between Edwardsville and Charleston, I think that is why the wrong direction (East) was stated in a quote posted above. They had to have been traveling East before getting to 77. Maybe they only took that small part of 77 and got caught by a camera?

He took camping supplies with him and had talked to family and friends about free camping sites. It's here on the update: https://www.facebook.com/madsioncountyilsheriff/posts/596595500478415

"Christopher is an outdoorsmen and left the area equipped with tents, sleeping bags, and goods / merchandise that would commonly be gathered for a camping trip. He has talked with friends / family in recent months about free camp sites throughout the country and is likely staying in a campground, national forest, or a rural wooded area, that would allow for free or inexpensive primitive camping."

BBM. Everyone needs to check all campgrounds/campsites in their area and post flyers. A friend of mine that lives near the Blue Ridge parkway in NC (ashville area) will be doing this today, but she can only cover her small area. If everyone takes a bunch of missing flyers to the small stores and community bulletin boards maybe they will get spotted somewhere.

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1276957/1

I plan on being out in the sticks this weekend - mostly in the Shenandoah Valley (lower and upper) of Virginia but also a few really remote areas of WVa that I hope to make a detour through. I'll be sure to print out a bunch of these flyers to plaster around and give to the rural stores, pump stations and truck stops to put up. I know it's probably a little far fetched in terms of their locale, but one never knows and someone passing through may recognize them.

Sent via Tapatalk - Please excuse any mobile-induced typos. Thanks.

Wondering how many of those vans are still on the roads? I've been looking all week and haven't seen the first one!

I plan on being out in the sticks this weekend - mostly in the Shenandoah Valley (lower and upper) of Virginia but also a few really remote areas of WVa that I hope to make a detour through. I'll be sure to print out a bunch of these flyers to plaster around and give to the rural stores, pump stations and truck stops to put up. I know it's probably a little far fetched in terms of their locale, but one never knows and someone passing through may recognize them.

A million thank yous!!!

I'm sure this was already discussed but this says they were spotted by a turnpike camera: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_16f24302-854e-54ef-bda1-65de59bd6a63.html

"The sheriff’s update said investigators believe the children were abducted from the guardian’s home some time early Sunday. It says CD’s green 1997 Mercury Villager minivan was spotted on Interstate 77 south of Charleston, W.Va., at 12:24 p.m. Sunday. That stretch is a turnpike with security cameras at the toll plazas."

BBM. Can any locals tell us how long the turnpike is? If they were only seen at one camera does that mean they had to have gotten off the turnpike? I was thinking they could have continued south on 77 but it sounds like they would have been spotted by more cameras if they did that.

Well that makes sense now how they were spotted by police but not pulled over.

I found this map of the turnpike: http://www.transportation.wv.gov/Turnpike/travel_resources/Pages/Turnpike-Map.aspx

The first toll is "Toll Plaza C". There are 4 exits before the next toll plaza:

Exit 79: Sharon
Exit 74: Standard
Exit 66: Mahan
Exit 60: Mossy

There is a rest stop/travel plaza between Standard and Mahan Exits. Would the rest stop have any cameras pointed towards the road that could pick them up? If so that narrows the exits they took considerably.
Do any of those 4 exits lead to a different highway or a road that would let them avoid the toll road? I'm trying to figure out if they could have left the area easily from those exits or if they are most likely in WV.

Are they pretty sure this guy is in the wilderness of WV?

No it was not just you. I don't think moms playing with a full deck. Not to be unkind, I gather that she has issues, physical medical issues and/or mental health issues. It was very, very odd to hear her be like, "Oh we used to go camping all the time" (paraphrasing), like you would talk about a family trip to Niagara falls or something. Just really strange. imo
yes, I agree, the mom has issues of her own and there was another post suggesting she may have been abused herself at a young age so that could account for her demeanor. People who have been abused in the past just become dead inside, losing any emotional feelings they had as a way of survival. A big if, but if CD was sexually abusing KD, then the mother could have been looking the other way, in denial, or accepting it in order to keep her husband happy and that could stem from previous issues of JD suffered from. Sounds like there is a lot of family dysfunction and dynamics going on that we don't know about...yet. But, these are all opinions, not facts.

This really has me worried about infection, if they are tent camping in the woods, for her and the baby's belly button

I would definitely be concerned about a c-section incision infection. They are fairly common, it seems.

But what is wrong with the baby's belly button that would be a concern?

I am concerned that if the stepdad did not ensure that the necessary equipment to keep the pacemaker working was brought along, it might be because he felt that KD would not be needing it for long.

I would definitely be concerned about a c-section incision infection. They are fairly common, it seems.

But what is wrong with the baby's belly button that would be a concern?

If babys bellybutton stub hasn't dried up and fallen off yet, you have to clean it everyday with alcohol to prevent infection.

UPDATE: Alleged child abductor’s card used in Chelyan, WV

The debit card of an Illinois man who police say abducted his 13-year-old stepdaughter and her newborn son was used at a Kanawha County convenience store this afternoon.

On Friday afternoon, a Kanawha County Metro 911 dispatcher said that U.S. marshals had said they detected CD making a purchase at a GoMart in Chelyan. Kanawha County Metro 911 issued an alert, asking all police agencies in the county to be on the lookout.

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/news-c...alleged-child-abductors-card-used-in-chelyan-

This is a picture of the WV turnpike. As you can see, there are many exits off of it. Each exit does lead to other routes. Depending on the mileage driven since paying a toll at one of the big toll plazas, there are automatic toll collection booths at the end of the exit ramp. I am guessing there are cameras there too.

This turnpike is known as a speed trap on either side of Beckley. A mini-van such as he is driving, has a hard time on the mountains on this road. It can really slow one down as the vehicle just doesn't have the get up and go climbing the mountains.

I have to wonder if the State Police doesn''t know exactly which exit this van got off and just are not announcing it. They have had plenty of time to view all the cameras to follow its travels. If the van went to the end of the turnpike, it could go to Tennessee, head towards North Carolina, or go into Virginia. With the weather turning cooler, the smarter move would be to head south into the Carolinas.

Oh, I just thought of it. He is taking his two children to The Greenbrier to celebrate. This is off the turnpike and a luxurious resort to visit. LOL!

ATTACH]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 33
Wow. That GoMart is in the middle of the Kanawha state forest - which is huge and dense. I don't know the area, just looking at it on a Google Map.

UPDATE: Alleged child abductor’s card used in Chelyan, WV

The debit card of an Illinois man who police say abducted his 13-year-old stepdaughter and her newborn son was used at a Kanawha County convenience store this afternoon.

On Friday afternoon, a Kanawha County Metro 911 dispatcher said that U.S. marshals had said they detected CD making a purchase at a GoMart in Chelyan. Kanawha County Metro 911 issued an alert, asking all police agencies in the county to be on the lookout.

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/news-c...alleged-child-abductors-card-used-in-chelyan-

That means they are still in WV hiding out somewhere. Just for reference, the first exit on the turnpike after the toll booth camera they were caught by on Sunday is Sharon. Here is a map from the COnvience store to Sharon: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Go+...b265e19663!2m2!1d-81.4468729!2d38.1586278!3e0

IMO, it looks like they got off on the Sharon Exit and are close to that area camping out somewhere. It should not be long now until they find them.

Wow. That GoMart is in the middle of the Kanawha state forest - which is huge and dense. I don't know the area, just looking at it on a Google Map.

Well they are in a minivan not an off-road vehicle. At best they can go just a bit off an old logging road or something similar. They are in that forest, and are very, very close to some sort of road. The actual area they can possibly be is rather small.

This is such great news! It shows a few things..... first of all the location, thank god! Second of all, the level of stupid we are actually working with. He is not careful and that was a dumb move on his part. I hope they zero in on them very soon!

I don't think this guy has a lot of resources. He probably had very little cash and maybe even a little less in his bank account but at least it was something. For all we know, LE put some extra money in his account just to trace him. My guess is that this guy will be arrested either today or sometime tomorrow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back