IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
4219ddb5c9e8e406edf5043e8d5274e5.jpg
dd16e08aa29c4b8fd32a6cedb719fa67.jpg

I don't see anything in her hand. I slowed it down and then took screenshot. 1st picture her hand lays flat and then the 2nd picture it's the shine off her nails. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After I looked at the fuller video, I agree with you. Thanks for the input (you and the others here). I think we can put this "rumor" to rest.

IMO, as of right now I think she knew where she was headed. I don't think she just happened to stumble into the freezer on her way into that unused kitchen.

Not sure if this has been posted already, but here is a link to the 911 call from her mom: (not sure if allowed to post the video/audio here)
https://youtu.be/87s-Z0B45yI

mom asked when she could make a missing person report, and the advice was that she could make one any time, but maybe give a couple hours to see if she shows up. mom was not too insistent. The person she talked to was helpful, mom said she would give it 24 hours.

At 10:07 You can then hear a man say he had the subject in the kitchen in a freezer, "she is frozen solid".

I made a transcript of this last night b/c I go back to the 911 calls and transcripts make it easier for me to find what I'm looking for, this one is kinda long and I made it for me so it's not really pretty but thought I'd share.

O: 911 what is the address and your emergency

M: Yes I'm at the Crowne Crowne Plaza at O'Hare Airport and I was calling because my daughter came to this part to a party here last night a gathering with her friends annnd uhm and now her friends they said they left on the front of the hotel and she's not able to be found now. She's 19 y/o.

O: And you said that this and, and you said the Crowne Plaza at O'Hare Airport?

M: Yes, yes, and they said that when her friends was asking up earlier today, like about four o'clock in the morning because they should run the video cameras they said they didn't have no camera but now I came and a lady she came and said she heard music and she asked me if I wanted to go upstairs and we went up stairs on the 11th floor and there was someone came to the room and she said that she did see my daughter there with a group of girls and and a couple of guys but that's all ughm she could "talk?" because she was busy tryin to get reception on her phone.

O: Alright well then you know what uhm well then ughm are you sure you don't mean the Crown Plaza in Rosemont?

M: Yea (not sure) I'm sorry the Crown Plaza in Rosemont. That's exactly where it's at. Sorry.

O: No no it's okay and you said you spoke with the uh

M: Front Desk. I'm sittin outside. Right in front of the hotel. Right in front of hotel in their parking lot right now.

O: And they're saying that they didn't that they haven't seen your daughter since she left or

M: No this is a different set this is a different uhm uh uh uh a new I'm sorry it's a new shift and they said they hadn't seen her. Well of course they wouldn't have seen her 'cause this is like 3 or 4 in the morning. And I just seen that she she was here because I just saw the ticket where she entered this hotel it was at 1:36 p.m. Hold on this is not her ticket cause this is on the 6th. My daughter wasn't here on the 6th.

O: Okay and uh well and a real quick I'm just gonna see if we've I'm gonna see if she was here at all what's your daughter's name?

M: Her name is KJ
talking over each other
M: The room wasn't registered in her name. she came with some friends here.

O: And uh yeah I just wanna (stammering) uh I actually I just came in myself uh probably been here about :45 I just wanna sure that you know maybe she didn't she didn't get arrested and sent ? you know what I mean I just wanna double check everything.

M: Thank you.

O: You're welcome but it doesn't look like we had any run-ins with her last night at all. Uhm. Do you think it's possible she went to one of her friend's houses or she's

M: No actually because she had my car. She was driving my car. She knows I don't like nobody to drive my car because my insurance will not pay for nobody noone besides her and ughm her friends kept calling my phone.

I told them to stay out here they stayed out here they called me like about three times in the morning. I was laying in the bed I'd just had breast surgery at first I thought it was false but (unknown) so uhm you know sedated off medication early and they're tellin me she out here so once I reguvenated strength enough myself enough to get up and drive out here to look for once they brought me my car I came out right out here and I came to the hotel and I come to the hotel and I showed them a picture of her and I asked if they had seen her and there was a lady in the lobbey and she heard me asking the front desk and she said "it was music she did hear music she called to <?> downstairs to report the room and kind of find out what the people next door and when we knocked on the door that uhm that person said that she did see my daughter downstairs which it was like four of them and it was four of them and she said my daughter she uh she was with three of her friends but her three friends her three friends said which you know these kids won't tell the truth they said that she uh they said she went upstairs to get her cell phone and when they went to get their cell phone she was standing in the lobby in the front lobby and when they came back down she wasn't there anymore.

O: Maam I fully understand. The one issue we have and its not really that its and issue its that she's an adult. she is 19 y/o and uhm and as an adult

M: Hold up she's 19 y/o that's my daughter she's 19. Her name is KJ (spells name)

O: No yes yes yes no I remember I remember that you told me that she's 19 but what I'm saying is that is that ....she again she's only been gone for a couple hours she's yeah idk maybe she's you know she could be somewhere with one of her friends or something because I mean again it is only a couple hours since you hadn't seen her correct? since her friends supposedly hadn't seen her?

M: Correct let's say about four three to four hours now they said. They told me it was like four o'clock in the morning when they called me

O: yeah ah I well I I guess the then wonder are you looking to file a missing-persons report then? or are you just are what you

M: I'm so sorry sir. I just want to know if it's possible if maybe they can look at the cameras and see if uh could send the police out here and ask them to look at the cameras and see if they've seen them on their cameras around that time.

O: I was about to say even if I did send an officer it would take a little bit in order for us to get the uh for us to get the camera footage and for us to pass it on to the detectives division.

M: Okay. okay so what would you suggest.

O: Well again maybe Uhm the only thing I'd suggest maybe is just to uhm giver her a couple hours she could've went you know she could have went somewhere with one of her other friends I mean and who knows what her friends are saying is true you know what I mean.

M: Exactly that's exactly. Today you could tell not to be saying you could tell it don't sound right I'm a parent. I've been young before and it's not and it's not sounding right it's not sounding right period. That's why I came her myself because they said they sound like they'd been drinking you know honestly and I asked them Did she drink? And they said she had only cup you know. But my daughter ain't the type to normally she can't even take liquor. Her liquor level is just like mine. We can't take liquor. We cannot take liquor. We take a sip of liquor we drunk honestly.

O: I completely understand.

M: And I'm like one cup is too much for her. You know and like I asked him and then he end up with her cell phone. I pay her cell phone bill every month to make sure my daughter has a phone. How did she lover her phone I don't understand how why would she leave her cell phone with you all and just go disappear and

O: Yeah.

M: I just had surgery you know and she know my predicament.

O: Yeah well then well then in that case what I would recommend just go home relax a little bit give it some time. She could show . For all we know she could very well still be in the room she could just be passed out. you know how it is your drinkin the night before you get whatever else have ya so just give it a couple hours see if you see if you know see if she'll get a hold of you again you know what I mean? Does she does she know your number?

M: Yes she knows my number. She knows my number very well. She's very smart.

O: Okay well then like I sad you know just giver her a couple hours and giver her some time and maybe she went to one of her other friend's places or maybe she is still in the room you know. You know just knocked out you know what I mean.

M: Yes I thank you. Okay and so when do you know how long it takes for me to file a missing person report?

O: Well you can file it at any time it just uh just give it a little bit of time you know if you hadn't heard from her by I wanna say about 10-11 o'clock then by all means give us a call again you can come to the station and we can help you out from there.

M: Okay. I live in Chicago. Would it be better for me to come back to you all's station or would it be better for me to go to Chicago and make out a missing report.

O: You know I think You know you can try to file it out in Chicago they may tell you to file it here since it happened in our town but I do know that since she I do know since she lives with uh obviously she lives with you in the city this might actually fall on them or at least they'll be able to take the report and then they'll get in contact with us and we'll be able to help them out with the investigation from there.

M: Okay it doesn't it doesn't matter whichever one um if I have to come back down yeah I'll come back out here for but as long as if we'll be able to see if I come okay I give it to tommorrow. It's 24 hours after 24 hours. Do you think that we's still be able to see the video camera of today the surveillance camera for today.

O: Yes. Yes Yes we'd definitely be able to probably yes we'd definitely be able to get the footage.

M: Okay. Thank You.

O: Alright.

M: Okay I'll do that. Okay. Thank you.

O: You're very welcome. Have a good day.

M: You too, thank you so much.

O: You're very welcome. Bye. Bye. 10:01

10:04

LE1: 301, everything 10-4?

301: Negative I have this subject in a kitchen in a freezer she's frozen solid

LE1: 10-4 600

600: 600 copies make notification Rosemont 601 you copy.

LE1: Jerry what area(?) are you in?

Jerry: I'm in the rear by the uh dock area by the garbage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87s-Z0B45yI&feature=youtu.be

http://www.essence.com/news/kenneka-jenkins-police-interview-25-people-hotel

- The Rosemont officers were only able to track down Jenkins’ body in the freezer after further inspection of surveillance video. It was an employee who discovered Jenkins’ body in the freezer after a number of failed attempts at tracking her down.

- Martin was able to identify her daughter’s body before it was transferred to the medical examiner’s office. She also observed the kitchen area where Jenkins’ body was found.

[emoji15][emoji15]. Wasn't there a previous article that said when her mom ID KJ she was soaking wet or something?

Her hair was wet is what I remember, but, they'd probably taken her out of the freezer and placed her in a body bag, roped off the area for LE, started to investigate the scene, etc..., by the time Mom had gotten to see her. So her hair would likely have been frosted from the time in the freezer, and become wet after they'd taken her out of the freezer.

I made a transcript of this last night b/c I go back to the 911 calls and transcripts make it easier for me to find what I'm looking for, this one is kinda long and I made it for me so it's not really pretty but thought I'd share.

M: Yes I'm at the Crowne Crowne Plaza at O'Hare Airport and I was calling because my daughter came to this part to a party here last night a gathering with her friends annnd uhm and now her friends they said they left on the front of the hotel and she's not able to be found now. She's 19 y/o.

M: Yes, yes, and they said that when her friends was asking up earlier today, like about four o'clock in the morning because they should run the video cameras they said they didn't have no camera but now I came and a lady she came and said she heard music and she asked me if I wanted to go upstairs and we went up stairs on the 11th floor and there was someone came to the room and she said that she did see my daughter there with a group of girls and and a couple of guys but that's all ughm she could "talk?" because she was busy tryin to get reception on her phone.

O: Alright well then you know what uhm well then ughm are you sure you don't mean the Crown Plaza in Rosemont?

M: Yea (not sure) I'm sorry the Crown Plaza in Rosemont. That's exactly where it's at. Sorry.

M: Front Desk. I'm sittin outside. Right in front of the hotel. Right in front of hotel in their parking lot right now.

O: And they're saying that they didn't that they haven't seen your daughter since she left or

M: No this is a different set this is a different uhm uh uh uh a new I'm sorry it's a new shift and they said they hadn't seen her. Well of course they wouldn't have seen her 'cause this is like 3 or 4 in the morning. And I just seen that she she was here because I just saw the ticket where she entered this hotel it was at 1:36 p.m. Hold on this is not her ticket cause this is on the 6th. My daughter wasn't here on the 6th.

O: Okay and uh well and a real quick I'm just gonna see if we've I'm gonna see if she was here at all what's your daughter's name?

talking over each other

O: And uh yeah I just wanna (stammering) uh I actually I just came in myself uh probably been here about :45 I just wanna sure that you know maybe she didn't she didn't get arrested and sent ? you know what I mean I just wanna double check everything.

O: You're welcome but it doesn't look like we had any run-ins with her last night at all. Uhm. Do you think it's possible she went to one of her friend's houses or she's

M: No actually because she had my car. She was driving my car. She knows I don't like nobody to drive my car because my insurance will not pay for nobody noone besides her and ughm her friends kept calling my phone.

I told them to stay out here they stayed out here they called me like about three times in the morning. I was laying in the bed I'd just had breast surgery at first I thought it was false but (unknown) so uhm you know sedated off medication early and they're tellin me she out here so once I reguvenated strength enough myself enough to get up and drive out here to look for once they brought me my car I came out right out here and I came to the hotel and I come to the hotel and I showed them a picture of her and I asked if they had seen her and there was a lady in the lobbey and she heard me asking the front desk and she said "it was music she did hear music she called to <?> downstairs to report the room and kind of find out what the people next door and when we knocked on the door that uhm that person said that she did see my daughter downstairs which it was like four of them and it was four of them and she said my daughter she uh she was with three of her friends but her three friends her three friends said which you know these kids won't tell the truth they said that she uh they said she went upstairs to get her cell phone and when they went to get their cell phone she was standing in the lobby in the front lobby and when they came back down she wasn't there anymore.

O: Maam I fully understand. The one issue we have and its not really that its and issue its that she's an adult. she is 19 y/o and uhm and as an adult

M: Hold up she's 19 y/o that's my daughter she's 19. Her name is KJ (spells name)

O: No yes yes yes no I remember I remember that you told me that she's 19 but what I'm saying is that is that ....she again she's only been gone for a couple hours she's yeah idk maybe she's you know she could be somewhere with one of her friends or something because I mean again it is only a couple hours since you hadn't seen her correct? since her friends supposedly hadn't seen her?

M: Correct let's say about four three to four hours now they said. They told me it was like four o'clock in the morning when they called me

O: yeah ah I well I I guess the then wonder are you looking to file a missing-persons report then? or are you just are what you

M: I'm so sorry sir. I just want to know if it's possible if maybe they can look at the cameras and see if uh could send the police out here and ask them to look at the cameras and see if they've seen them on their cameras around that time.

O: I was about to say even if I did send an officer it would take a little bit in order for us to get the uh for us to get the camera footage and for us to pass it on to the detectives division.

O: Well again maybe Uhm the only thing I'd suggest maybe is just to uhm giver her a couple hours she could've went you know she could have went somewhere with one of her other friends I mean and who knows what her friends are saying is true you know what I mean.

M: Exactly that's exactly. Today you could tell not to be saying you could tell it don't sound right I'm a parent. I've been young before and it's not and it's not sounding right it's not sounding right period. That's why I came her myself because they said they sound like they'd been drinking you know honestly and I asked them Did she drink? And they said she had only cup you know. But my daughter ain't the type to normally she can't even take liquor. Her liquor level is just like mine. We can't take liquor. We cannot take liquor. We take a sip of liquor we drunk honestly.

M: And I'm like one cup is too much for her. You know and like I asked him and then he end up with her cell phone. I pay her cell phone bill every month to make sure my daughter has a phone. How did she lover her phone I don't understand how why would she leave her cell phone with you all and just go disappear and

O: Yeah well then well then in that case what I would recommend just go home relax a little bit give it some time. She could show . For all we know she could very well still be in the room she could just be passed out. you know how it is your drinkin the night before you get whatever else have ya so just give it a couple hours see if you see if you know see if she'll get a hold of you again you know what I mean? Does she does she know your number?

O: Okay well then like I sad you know just giver her a couple hours and giver her some time and maybe she went to one of her other friend's places or maybe she is still in the room you know. You know just knocked out you know what I mean.

M: Yes I thank you. Okay and so when do you know how long it takes for me to file a missing person report?

O: Well you can file it at any time it just uh just give it a little bit of time you know if you hadn't heard from her by I wanna say about 10-11 o'clock then by all means give us a call again you can come to the station and we can help you out from there.

M: Okay. I live in Chicago. Would it be better for me to come back to you all's station or would it be better for me to go to Chicago and make out a missing report.

O: You know I think You know you can try to file it out in Chicago they may tell you to file it here since it happened in our town but I do know that since she I do know since she lives with uh obviously she lives with you in the city this might actually fall on them or at least they'll be able to take the report and then they'll get in contact with us and we'll be able to help them out with the investigation from there.

M: Okay it doesn't it doesn't matter whichever one um if I have to come back down yeah I'll come back out here for but as long as if we'll be able to see if I come okay I give it to tommorrow. It's 24 hours after 24 hours. Do you think that we's still be able to see the video camera of today the surveillance camera for today.

O: Yes. Yes Yes we'd definitely be able to probably yes we'd definitely be able to get the footage.

<modsnip>

I am even more convinced though that there maybe a door to the outside where the freezer is. I hope LE confirms this sometime soon. If not, I was wrong!

talking over each other

"once they brought me my car I came out right out here and I came to the hotel and I come to the hotel "

What is KJ mom trying to say here? Did the friends drive her car from the hotel back to her at home?

Elevator buttons have been known to confuse me. if she pushed the LL (lowest level) button instead of L (lobby), she exited on a floor she wasn't expecting. Some I have been in have a B button for basement, others L2 (guess that is the lowest/basement level). She was already disoriented when she exited and may have been looking for stairs or elevator, and ended up in a somewhat restricted (or should have been) area.

Any criminal involvement, in my opinion, was whatever drug she may have taken (willingly or slipped to her without her knowledge), and likely not enough personnel to feel they could/should leave their post and search. I am anxious for the drug screen to come back to know what may have been in her system. If drugs contributed, what was it, who gave it to her, was she a willing user, is someone criminally liable?

Hopefully someone will spill the beans before the tox report - they can take a really long time

Interesting...

BBM

Someone asked about Sizzurp earlier that maybe "freezer"(in the video) was Sizzurp. It is also known as Purple Drank which may sound like "train" in a noisy video. Also "Rape" was mentioned. Sizzurp is "grape" colored and can use a grape flavored Codeine.
So, Sizzurp / Purple Drank is Codeine cough medicine mixed with sprite or soda and hard candy likeJolly Ranchers (no idea).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_drank

So one theory going around is they are talking about rape in a freezer and running a train on her.

So here's my take - they were simply talking about grape sizzurp or purple drank.

And since her "friends said she drank "one cup" I'm guessing Kenneka had one cup of Purple Drank.

Any of that make sense? This one is so convoluted.

Makes sense to me.

Cough syrup doesn't sound so bad but it's addictive, and if it was in her system, when she walked into the freezer, it likely sped up her hypothermia, and death. Sizzurp (aka Lean too), is made with scrip cough syrup, which is codeine-based, and you add pop, and some folks add hard candy. Codeine is an opiate, so you get that good high, but the scrip cough syrup also has a sedative in it so it can mess someone up, especially if they don't have a tolerance.

On the YT vid of her "friend" in the motel room, with the reflector glasses, you can clearly hear a slurred voice, in the background, saying "I'm not druuunk", "I am enjoying myself" starting at around the 3:40 mark. Idk if this is KJ or not but whoever it is, she sounds somewhat intoxicated at that point in time. They say they're in room 936, but Mom goes up to talk to someone on the 11th floor that morning when she arrives. Is that the person who scored the birthday girl (reflector glasses) the room? Very confusing.

In response to the stories changing...the girls may have said one thing before they realized their friend was dead, and then told the truth afterwards. They may not have wanted to get anyone in trouble at first. Once she was found, or had been missing for several hours, they told the truth about everything. People keep saying how she was too drunk to find her way to the basement from the 9th floor, but she wasn't on the 9th floor. She was told to wait in the lobby by her friends. She probably figured she would do some exploring...or even wanted to scare them by not being there when she came back. Alcohol makes you do weird stuff.

This angle is murky. A lot of time they make it sound like they just left her in the
"hallway" (their words) compared to lobby.

Either can be proven or disproven by the CCTV

Someone mentioned perhaps she was on some type of hallucinogenic drug. Drunk AND tripping on something? I've never taken acid or shrooms so I can't speak from experience, but my friends have say they have had some horrible trips and ended up wandering off. I can definitely see getting certain buttons on the elevators mixed up, especially if you are inebriated.

http://www.newsweek.com/kenneka-jenkins-story-chicago-hotel-freezer-death-666774

"The police statement added that one male and one female had checked into the hotel room used for the party on September 7 using a fraudulent credit card and that an identity theft investigation was ongoing."

So the room was checked in a couple days before the party?

My sense is this is the actual night of the party. There was CCTV of two girls at desk a couple of days earlier making the reservation.

Elevator buttons have been known to confuse me. if she pushed the LL (lowest level) button instead of L (lobby), she exited on a floor she wasn't expecting. Some I have been in have a B button for basement, others L2 (guess that is the lowest/basement level). She was already disoriented when she exited and may have been looking for stairs or elevator, and ended up in a somewhat restricted (or should have been) area.

Any criminal involvement, in my opinion, was whatever drug she may have taken (willingly or slipped to her without her knowledge), and likely not enough personnel to feel they could/should leave their post and search. I am anxious for the drug screen to come back to know what may have been in her system. If drugs contributed, what was it, who gave it to her, was she a willing user, is someone criminally liable?

BBM
Exactly. Someone age 21 or over had to rent the room. Who sold, or gave, the under drinking age folks the alcohol and/or drugs? There's a lot of liability on their part.

Snipped for space

Thank you so much, this was truly useful!

"once they brought me my car I came out right out here and I came to the hotel and I come to the hotel "

What is KJ mom trying to say here? Did the friends drive her car from the hotel back to her at home?

Yes, they left the motel with her car keys (well, obviously), her phone too, iirc, and drove KJ's, Mom's, car, to KJ's mother's house. From what I heard/understood, it was a male who had KJ's phone.

I don't know if those YouTube videos are really supposed to be linked here. I think it is much more likely for internet people to put in and muddle the actual footage rather than the hotel security team.... moo

Anyone remember the Elisa Lam case and the hotel footage of her? Why does this hotel footage remind me eerily of that? It's as if both women were trying to get away from someone we couldn't see... as if the footage had been edited to erase frames or hide certain people.

Yes, they left the motel with her car keys (well, obviously), her phone too, iirc, and drove KJ's, Mom's, car, to KJ's mother's house. From what I heard/understood, it was a male who had KJ's phone.

Was that stated anywhere is any MSM? I didn't know the friends actually went and picked up KJ mom. Unless I missed that somewhere. I knew they had her keys and phone. The 911 call is very telling.
Why did KJ parking garage ticket say 9/6?

What was on the 11th floor?

Could their have been another room we don't know about yet?

The big party on the 9th floor and then another room rented out to one of her friends maybe on the 11th?

I have so many more questions...[emoji31]

Snipped for focus.

Just wanted to say that I'm a thicker chick too (yay curves!) and I, too, know how to pose to make my body look slimmer in photos, especially mirror photos (you're literally looking into the mirror and can slightly adjust angles to look your best)

I agree this, IMO, is KJ walking through the hallways. It would be a stretch for someone else to pretend to be her, especially if they had to "fake" the sway showing that she was sooo impaired. KJ's mom would've known that wasn't her daughter and her friends/sister/people who knew her who weren't involved would immediately call that out IMO. Surely everyone who knows her well has seen these videos. They'd also likely know who was pretending to be KJ if that was the case, saying "hey that looks like so and so in kenneka's clothing"

I do have to say that I have no way of explaining how KJ's jeans were completely ripped in the mirror photo and not on surveillance. On her right thigh the fabric was no longer in tact in the mirror pic which often happens with "ripped" jeans that are in fashion right now. The white threads had pulled apart. In the video it seems the threads are held together.

This is likely our eyes playing tricks on us but id really love to hear everyone's thoughts on that. It's an inconsistency from the party pics vs. surveillance video and I have no real way to explain it. Thoughts???

I'm interested to know how often they partied here too. Surely you can become friendly with hotel workers and security if you frequent the hotel often, whether for kickbacks or visiting your friend who works there. Whether that's "friendly" in a sense of knowing the security guard will look the other way on noise complains or "friendly" in the way that they've partied together before, I don't know.

Funny the general consensus is my body stuff is way off.

Well in fairness to me I am gay, and trust me have spent zero time in 60 years looking at at any womans body!

Face hair smile yes all other body parts are of zero interest!!!!!!!

just sayin!!

Funny the general consensus is my body stuff is way off.

Well in fairness to me I am gay, and trust me have spent zero time in 60 years looking at at any womans body!

Face hair smile yes all other body parts are of zero interest!!!!!!!

just sayin!!

Haha thanks for the smile .. I just know all too well some angles DO NOT work in my favor. Plus as we can see the quality isn't super great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Admit-before this gets any crazier could you please confirm if these YouTube videos that are being posted are ok??

it is a visual recording of an audio recording released by the police dept, so yes it is a valid link - there is nothing different about it except it has a black box visually with the audio!

same with the sisters interview I just found and posted. It was on YT , but is a legitimate interview that aired on channel 5 -- its kinda like carbon copies.

If the origin is MSM - it is fine - at least that is my understanding if!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces