IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My chef husband is definitely tired from my interrogation about all things walk in freezer related!

GRAPHIC BELOW

According to him... using a pig for the sake of conversation, "frozen solid" would take a few days and could really only be confirmed by cutting into it.

I'm so sorry...so morbid.

I think it may be a figure of speech, or, in the freezer temp, rigor set in faster.

http://wgntv.com/2017/09/18/rosemont-officials-release-statement-on-kenneka-jenkins-death/

"WGN has posted the videos in which she appears, but police did provide other video from the hotel where she does not appear."

Is there more video with significance to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WGN says that, but then where is the video of Kenneka going by the front desk at 3:20am like the Chicago Tribune claims. That was the first vid even talked about. Still haven't seen it. Where are the videos of her inside the elevator, or being separated from her friends. WGN didn't release the other video of her entering a different kitchen area (Green walls) till later, or was it another news outlet? There's also footage floating around of her walking and bumping repeatedly against a long hallway wall (and the pictures hanging on the wall) which does not appear in any of the 4 clips released by WGN.

bbm We would need their address. Do we have it?

Where did you read that Fire Oven is under renovation? This restaurant is in the middle of the building, basically behind the front desk, and opposite a Men's restroom.

I know my writing style can be off!

I meant on the map I think the location of it is where it says that .

That was only a way to refer to where I think the renovation was currently going on.

All along they have said she was in an area under renovation-- I do not think they were building a new struture - they were making changes to a existing entity,

If it was pure construction it all would have been blocked off I would think

between the rapid head, the typos, the
punctuation ignores the spacing "varieties
I am aware that my posts can be hard to follow - or not worth the effort!

Especially for typists!!

I know it is hard for youngins to imagine but i
someone not typing in grad school I had to pay by the page (!) for someone to type up my stuff!!

Hard to believe -- hate hate hate it !!

I am the worst one I have encountered here!

I cant imagine what it is iike for some of you!

Old timers are more used to the madness and I dont think it bothers them as much as it does for folks who have never seen such a mess before .

Having to pay in grad school also reinforced my inability not to punctuate!

Obviously she knew all that!!

You think this is bad -- you should have seen my handwritten (for youngins!) this is when we used an instrument called a pen! Said pen was placed in hand (where your
cell phones are now 24/7!) and wrote on thing called paper!

ha !

WGN says that, but then where is the video of Kenneka going by the front desk at 3:20am like the Chicago Tribune claims. That was the first vid even talked about. Still haven't seen it. Where are the videos of her inside the elevator, or being separated from her friends. WGN didn't release the other video of her entering a different kitchen area (Green walls) till later, or was it another news outlet? There's also footage floating around of her walking and bumping repeatedly against a long hallway wall (and the pictures hanging on the wall) which does not appear in any of the 4 clips released by WGN.

TY! They are adding to the mess -- LE media -- all of em imo

I think it may be a figure of speech, or, in the freezer temp, rigor set in faster.

in a way I thought it was tacky. Found deceased in the freezer would have worked for me.

It conjured up all sorts of uncomfortable images which then became worse when mom talked about wet

moo

Her friends said she was downstairs, in the lobby, with them, but one of them forgot her phone, and three of them went to retrieve it, but left her, staggering drunk, in the lobby without anyone. It took three people to go get one cell phone. :aktion1:. That makes no sense to me. If your friend is staggering all over the place, you don't want attention drawn to it, so you leave at least one person with them to keep things cool. That lady remembered seeing her the next day, when her Mother went there with the photo, so she'd probably been in the lobby at the same time that they'd all left her in the Lobby..

On another note, I just found this kind of interesting:

[FONT=&amp]Police said they are also combing through hours of footage from 47 hotel cameras. Technicians were also looking at videos related to the investigation.

http://wjbf.com/2017/09/18/released...th-of-a-19-year-old-found-in-a-hotel-freezer/
[/FONT]

I think the leaving the keys and stuff was all an excuse for leaving -- she was already in the freezer .

Truly she was 19 no matter how high I really cant imagine a 19 year old forgetting her cell

if she "left" in a normal way.

I think they took it all - they had to have the keys and I agree why would three people go for a cell phone unless she had a really heavy model no one knows about

much makes no sense

mom said in the lobby some of the kids said outside the door by the room

To be quite frank I was blown away when I heard they got into her moms car messed up and drove it.

Give me a break --- here is your car

where is my daughter

oh we lost her

here are the keys

not ok

I think the only reason why they called mom was cause they had to give mom a heads up they were coming home in her car

there is no way and I have had really messed up nights and have done really stupid things but I really don't think I would lose a parents child and drive there car

Bizarre is truly the only word even at 19

jeeezzzzzzz

I know my writing style can be off!

I meant on the map I think the location of it is where it says that .

That was only a way to refer to where I think the renovation was currently going on.

All along they have said she was in an area under renovation-- I do not think they were building a new struture - they were making changes to a existing entity,

If it was pure construction it all would have been blocked off I would think

between the rapid head, the typos, the
punctuation ignores the spacing "varieties
I am aware that my posts can be hard to follow - or not worth the effort!

Especially for typists!!

I know it is hard for youngins to imagine but i
someone not typing in grad school I had to pay by the page (!) for someone to type up my stuff!!

Hard to believe -- hate hate hate it !!

I am the worst one I have encountered here!

I cant imagine what it is iike for some of you!

Old timers are more used to the madness and I dont think it bothers them as much as it does for folks who have never seen such a mess before .

Having to pay in grad school also reinforced my inability not to punctuate!

Obviously she knew all that!!

You think this is bad -- you should have seen my handwritten (for youngins!) this is when we used an instrument called a pen! Said pen was placed in hand (where your
cell phones are now 24/7!) and wrote on thing called paper!

ha !

I was not criticizing you or anything. I was really curious that you might have read which restaurant had the construction going on. That would have been real progress for our sleuthing efforts here!

As for the pen and paper, I use that too. I'm your age. I don't own a cell phone. (There I said it! Ha!)

While I agree she's definitely intoxicated and I'm not sure what this is saying about me but once in my early 20's I went to the city which I do not live in and got so intoxicated (drunk) that when I left the club I took someone else's jacket thinking it was mine then I found in the pocket a cell phone which I didn't have and even though I found that phone I was so drunk I didn't even think about the fact I never owned a cell phone. I started trying to use it to get someone to come and get me and I was so intoxicated I literally couldn't dial the number. I tried over and over until eventually I asked a stranger to dial the number for me. I know In hindsight I could have died or been killed that night because I didn't know what I was doing and my brain was so messed up I couldn't logically even think about how to help myself. Granted you can also become that way from other drugs but my point in saying this is that if you consume enough alcohol in a short period of time which it seems she did you can black out and do really bad things.
Edited to add that she was probably so drunk she really did think she had gone outside at first. The cold air probably felt good to her. And believe me I have been there before where I just wanted cold air to sober up.

Looks really similar but you can note slight differences, no TV. Boxy thing on wall where button is. This leads me to think maybe she thought she got off on that floor as it looks the same but got off in the basement because she pressed the wrong button. Then she was super confused and was looking for an exit to go to the parking lot. As the rep said she opened doors but if she wanted to go upstairs she could've went up the stairs she tripped on or back in the elevator.......

I agree that she may well have been trying to get outside: so when she opened a heavy door, if it was dark and cool, she may have thought she was walking into the night.

you know what just hit me

Hotel maybe doing a trial balloon

see how much pushback they get and if it gets too hot oh we found some more video

or continued cleaning up a bit

in a way I thought it was tacky. Found deceased in the freezer would have worked for me.

It conjured up all sorts of uncomfortable images which then became worse when mom talked about wet

moo

People in those fields don't think about it like that. They're talking on a channel to another LEO, in common speak. You don't think about a figure of speech being sent across the internet. His tone on the 911 tape (starting @10:03) is not one of disrespect at all, at least I don't hear that.

267f1b8c8300cc758deba361538dc603.png
29150b23cd7bcc18c5dab03ba52897cf.png
4a322c07fe924c4b2a47f7f6373ed2e7.png

Can anyone tell which floor it says on the side of elevator?

I'm still four pages behind, but just had to comment on this. All three of those say L. The photo you found matches the security footage.

So WAIT JUST A MINUTE....

If she was already in the lobby where her friends left her, why is she on video getting out of an elevator ON THE LOBBY LEVEL alone!?

(sorry if one of you already mentioned this. Like I said, I am behind!)

I completely agree with you. Xanax or maybe even Fentanyl. Either of those are extremely dangerous when mixed with alcohol. The combination of Xanax and alcohol has killed many young celebrities in recent years. It slows down the heart rate so much that respiration stops. Her friend said she drink one cup. One cup full of hard alcohol mixed with Xanax would be enough to kill a person with a small frame and a low tolerance.
Fentanyl most likely would have killed her before she could walk that far.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Fentanyl most likely would have killed her before she could walk that far.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. It is used to regularly in hospital settings. I have been given it twice in the past year in the hospital. If she took a small enough dose, it would just act like morphine or heroin. (Yes, it would make her relaxed & pass out, but not necessarily die.)

I'm just saying that it had to be some sort of depressant drug combined with alcohol. Maybe because I need to believe that she passed out after entering the freezer and wasn't in there trying to scream and get help for hours.

I'm betting it is. The sister talked about how far off the freezer was and about having to walk down long hallways and through multiple doors.

If you go to the links that OP posted, and walk through the hotel, you will run into that diagram, on a stand, with a red circle around the side part there, as if it is a "You Are Here", sign. You then go up stairs, they are corded off in Google Maps, 2013, but there is what looks to be a restaurant or bar behind frosted glass. I'll see if I can link it. This is a huge conference type motel. People can fly in, have their conference, never leave the motel, and fly out.

View one
https://www.google.com/maps/@41.977...ua5OCPjG6iLkWEhqaXX3RBDhq!2e10!7i13312!8i6656

Close-up of what I think is the Visibility Bar street-side entrance.

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.977...qqESsgS6scZgGaAPXfMV2OmZS!2e10!7i13312!8i6656

If you move your way up that hall you will come to all of those rooms listed on the map OP posted of Main Level and Conference Level.

I'm still four pages behind, but just had to comment on this. All three of those say L. The photo you found matches the security footage.

If she was already in the lobby where her friends left her, why is she on video getting out of an elevator ON THE LOBBY LEVEL alone!?

bbm Idk. This case is sooo confusing I think I've never seen anything like it in all my years here on WS.

Maybe she went into the elevator to follow her friends back upstairs, then changed her mind and came back out? It's all I can think of.

(btw you were the first to mention it, I wasn't able to decipher the floor number - I still can't see it)

She may have tried to go and find them, all of them left her by herself, in the lobby, to go and retrieve a phone, upstairs (so they've stated). In here dazed state, she may have went upstairs to find them, and came right back down, got off and wandered down the hall.

bbm Idk. This case is sooo confusing I think I've never seen anything like it in all my years here on WS.

Maybe she went into the elevator to follow her friends back upstairs, then changed her mind and came back out? It's all I can think of.

(btw you were the first to mention it, I wasn't able to decipher the floor number - I still can't see it)

I can see it better when I blow it up on my laptop, but I tried to blow it up on my phone for you:

e3e11297db76ca2cc17c4e47ac379529.jpg

aa210b3996b6741bc4b12a1a6a57a659.jpg

If you go to the links that OP posted, and walk through the hotel, you will run into that diagram, on a stand, with a red circle around the side part there, as if it is a "You Are Here", sign. You then go up stairs, they are corded off in Google Maps, 2013, but there is what looks to be a restaurant or bar behind frosted glass. I'll see if I can link it. This is a huge conference type motel. People can fly in, have their conference, never leave the motel, and fly out.

View one
https://www.google.com/maps/@41.977...ua5OCPjG6iLkWEhqaXX3RBDhq!2e10!7i13312!8i6656

Close-up of what I think is the Visibility Bar street-side entrance.

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.977...qqESsgS6scZgGaAPXfMV2OmZS!2e10!7i13312!8i6656

If you move your way up that hall you will come to all of those rooms listed on the map OP posted of Main Level and Conference Level.

Thank you! You're right. There is no kitchen there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez