IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the leaving the keys and stuff was all an excuse for leaving -- she was already in the freezer .

Truly she was 19 no matter how high I really cant imagine a 19 year old forgetting her cell

if she "left" in a normal way.

I think they took it all - they had to have the keys and I agree why would three people go for a cell phone unless she had a really heavy model no one knows about

much makes no sense

mom said in the lobby some of the kids said outside the door by the room

To be quite frank I was blown away when I heard they got into her moms car messed up and drove it.

Give me a break --- here is your car

where is my daughter

oh we lost her

here are the keys

not ok

I think the only reason why they called mom was cause they had to give mom a heads up they were coming home in her car

there is no way and I have had really messed up nights and have done really stupid things but I really don't think I would lose a parents child and drive there car

Bizarre is truly the only word even at 19

jeeezzzzzzz
The girl with the reflective glasses in the FB Live video is using one phone to 'go live' then she answers a second phone and gives someone directions on where to park. If she's "live" on her phone, I'm wondering who's phone she answered?

I don't think her friends are responsible for her death but I don't think they're telling the truth about what happened that night.

You didn't intend to blame her, but you did without hearing what the toxicology report says. This girl could've had GHB slipped in her bottle of water. We don't know.

WS is supposed to be victim friendly but I've seen several posts on here that are blaming the victim. Mods, where are you?

I said culpability in a civil not blame or fault. A jury or judge deciding a civil case with the information currently available would assign a percentage of culpability to the victim for her decision making to attend and remain at a party in the wee hours of the morning with drugs and alcohol flowing freely. Regardless of how she became intoxicated, she set off on her own and eventually opened the freezer and entered without force or coercion. I would be surprised if they assigned less than 50% to her. I did however leave off 2 other entities who could be assigned a degree of culpability and that is the person(s) booking the room with the fraudulent credit card and the parties that provided alcohol and drugs to underage (under 21) persons.

I have the utmost sympathy for the parties involved but the law is not emotional. Based on the info currently released this is a real probability.

All types of accidents could happen in a kitchen. I don't understand why the area wasn't closed off to the general public whether it was in use or not. It seems like the insurance company would insist on something like that.

The mother thought her child was going to a show (movie) and bowling that night when she lent her the car. How on earth would she be civilly culpable for anything? Also, she did what she could when faced with the absolute run around by both the cops and hotel staff. She did end up being 'disruptive' enough that the cops were finally called on her for knocking on hotel doors and asking questions of the guests in her search for her missing daughter. That she eventually backed down and followed whatever procedure/protocol the authorities insisted on in terms of filing a MP report, and waiting for the surveillance videos to be viewed, and a proper search to be conducted is not something to fault her with. The poor woman was still recovering from a double mastectomy. Quite frankly I am amazed at how strong and focused she's been in trying to get to the truth regarding her daughter's death.

The girl with the reflective glasses in the FB Live video is using one phone to 'go live' then she answers a second phone and gives someone directions on where to park. If she's "live" on her phone, I'm wondering who's phone she answered?

I don't think her friends are responsible for her death but I don't think they're telling the truth about what happened that night.

She was using the lady that name begins with M phone - not sure where I read that but I remember it cause I did not know if that was customary.

The mother thought her child was going to a show (movie) and bowling that night when she lent her the car. How on earth would she be civilly culpable for anything? Also, she did what she could when faced with the absolute run around by both the cops and hotel staff. She did end up being 'disruptive' enough that the cops were finally called on her for knocking on hotel doors and asking questions of the guests in her search for her missing daughter. That she eventually backed down and followed whatever procedure/protocol the authorities insisted on in terms of filing a MP report, and waiting for the surveillance videos to be viewed, and a proper search to be conducted is not something to fault her with. The poor woman was still recovering from a double mastectomy. Quite frankly I am amazed at how strong and focused she's been in trying to get to the truth regarding her daughter's death.
And let's face it...sometimes a mother just knows when something is wrong. I find no fault with what she did. If I thought my child was in danger, I'd be knocking on those doors as well. So many times we see parents who just don't give a crap and it's sickening. I refuse to lay blame on the ones who really care.

I have heard of midnight bowling -- dont remember however if you can start (after a movie ) at 3 in the morning?

I think it sounded like a week explanation of of plans , but she is 19 and their relationship from what has been alledged is more friendship .

Apparently she fine with it - she gave them her car

still wonder how far thee house was in terms of to the -- in the context of how long a drive was it for her quote friends to drive her moms car effed up

Irene answered her own phone she was using Monifah's to stream

Sadly i think all of us are putting too much stock in the tox reports,

In other cases we rarely have video to get a sense of degree of impairment which is what most of the time the public wants to guage its role .

I think we all are pretty much in agreement that impairment that night transcended alcohol.

We could go to the assumption that if was date rape substance that might shed some light .

I will never forget his name Dale - out of *****iness thought it would be fun to lace mine it was not a good thing.

I went to the library a couple of days afterwards and the closest description I go was angel dust

This was decades ago.

My point here is even if the results come back with a substance typically ingested voluntarily there can remain doubt .

The real way IMO the medical exam can be helpful is in rape kit , strangulation rule out , inner trauma not scene outside. I do not know what role freezing has in terms of overtly being able to see trauma

Frostbite looks like brusing -- would that make it hard to from physical examination only make it hard to determine if some brusing was there

A skull injury might lead us to a fall

Strangulation -- but the eye stuff typically associated with that I do not know if temp alters that.

Food ingestion might add nuance to the whole picture.

Tox IMO isnt gonna move us much forward , I want to know if she sexually assaulted and attacked.

In the interim I hope someone talks so we can know the truth of what happened that fateful night

BBM...the blame and color game? It's not a game. It's reality. Black Lives Matter is not about police brutality or kneeling for the National Anthem, it is how Black people are treated indifferently. Your insinuation that the activists were putting a spin on this or playing the blame and color game is offensive. The hotel nor the police thought this girl being missing was important enough to be bothered with it until the mother and sister started disrupting the hotel guests by banging on doors. THEN the police showed up.

Absolutely - if a white woman went up to the desk everything would be different. Sadly just would have.

and if said white person appeared to be affluent - forget it the hotel would have been turned upside down.

In hindsight the staffs indifference becomes more disgusting in light of manner of death. If it were a bullet outcome might have ben less impacted .

Everyone in authority phrasing it like we really don't know if time would made a difference is an insult

It makes all the diff in the world in this instance in both a preventive from the get go or in medical intervention to save her life. I call BS big time.

. In drowning and freezing to death time is the only thing that matters .

Less so with a bullet or plane crash. Its legel dancing .

I think all the way around an AA 19 year missing for a couple of hours led most to quietly believe a lady of the night .

Race is huge here imo

and repulsive

you know what just hit me

Hotel maybe doing a trial balloon

see how much pushback they get and if it gets too hot oh we found some more video

or continued cleaning up a bit

Wouldn't LE get the whole tape(s) to search through themselves? I can't imagine the hotel had enough time to snip, clip, alter, or destroy anything. Nor would they set themselves up to further chances for legal charges by police. Just does not make common-sense to me.

bbm - Now here I can see the L! Not sure why I couldn't see it in the screenshots posted above.

Well anyway, not really important. Carry on! :)

Wish news outlet would do a darn drawing in time sequence. It might help us understand a little bit what she was trying to do or go .

THe timestamps dont help any

anyone know the order

if we go

Elevator
hall with stairs
random hallway
another hallway
in terms of order of each one

I have tried the timestamps and time zones and labels on the cameras - make it all muddled

OMG I feel so stupid now :facepalm: :blushing: Thank you MsF and Jaime!

I see what you mean but I still can't see an L - only the black square. Do you all really see an L there, or are my eyes that bad? :scared:

Some of you are amazing . I am totally lost in terms of what you guys are talking about !!!!!!!

In her confused state, she may have been trying to find the parking lot. A lot of those halls and elevators are pretty similar, and it is such a large space. That one door said, To Parking. I really think it was a horrible accident, w/ some extenuating circumstances, that no one wants to own up to. It's just easier to blame a nameless, faceless, motel.

Reason: tired and can't type.

At least you have a reason !

Imagine bright eyed and bushy tailed and still cant type

In the tired mode I go from awful to a foreign language!

And for some who have never encountered this before it was way way way worse when I first started here years ago!!

ha !

Wouldn't LE get the whole tape(s) to search through themselves? I can't imagine the hotel had enough time to snip, clip, alter, or destroy anything. Nor would they set themselves up to further chances for legal charges by police. Just does not make common-sense to me.

The way things were worded yesterday it was from LE saying Le has received all the video that is available from the hotel

People in those fields don't think about it like that. They're talking on a channel to another LEO, in common speak. You don't think about a figure of speech being sent across the internet. His tone on the 911 tape (starting @10:03) is not one of disrespect at all, at least I don't hear that.

I thought he sounded surprised/shocked.

And let's face it...sometimes a mother just knows when something is wrong. I find no fault with what she did. If I thought my child was in danger, I'd be knocking on those doors as well. So many times we see parents who just don't give a crap and it's sickening. I refuse to lay blame on the ones who really care.

and also, the mother had doubts the girls were telling the truth.

Not necessarily. It is used to regularly in hospital settings. I have been given it twice in the past year in the hospital. If she took a small enough dose, it would just act like morphine or heroin. (Yes, it would make her relaxed & pass out, but not necessarily die.)

I'm just saying that it had to be some sort of depressant drug combined with alcohol. Maybe because I need to believe that she passed out after entering the freezer and wasn't in there trying to scream and get help for hours.

It really doesn't have to be alchohol mixed with drugs. It could really just be alcohol. Fwiw her friends said she had one cup, who's to say they are telling the truth?

Geez this thread is making me feel like a degenerate. Ha. Because I've certainly been drunk to the point where I was walking like she was on the video surveillance. And I've also been so drunk that I've left my phone places. Being young and feeling invincible is a thing, y'all. Please take it from someone who is on the younger side of the posters here at WS. it's really not so far fetched that she was just really drunk and that's how this tragedy happened. When I was younger and would go out to the clubs and drink way too much, my favorite place at the end of the night was my bathroom floor because the cold tiles felt refreshing on my skin.

I don't believe there was someone following her, calling her name (idk how anyone even came up with that since we can't hear sound), etc.

Iwas surprised they called LE on her.

And I could not help but ponder - I doubt they said at the desk we are going to go upstairs and knock on doors

I think it would be well we are going to look around - totally understandable .

So what does this mean staff followed them around from the next shift?

They look at the darn cameras for this and saw them knocking on doors?

How would they even know what they were doing if staff were not with them or watching them

Is very agitating to think they used CCTV for this in real time but not for her -- if that is what happened

From the beggining I also have some hinky stuff with the way it was played that the officer ( like out of the goodness of his heart) decided to check out videos.

Should have been done far earlier IMO

I think the reason stuff kicked off when it did is because finally the hotel and LE got their ducks in a row .

obviously I think CCTV stuff had been viewed and viewed and phones were ringing all over Chicago for hours and hours by that point.

At this point it remains confusing to me why still are in a fog as to who went in at 7 -830 and stuck his head in?

There is also confusion there. At one level it is strange why go to a closed place in the first place and really do nothing .

I think they knew at that point but needed some more planning time before walking right up to door moo

whole thing stalling from moms first arrival at front desk

they knew the ball had been dropped for a lpng long time and that is what angers me. By ball being dropped I am talking about management, owners, corporate, lawyers,board members, mayor LE -- I am talking about a huge big ordeal behind the scenes ordeal going on for hours and hours -- all about covering all their.............

as humans ino it was never about her it was about getting ducks in order

and if we go to direct staff involvement frim the get go .....................

like a soap opera with all sorts of high ranking deceptions-- and yes LE by that point had quite a collection of ducks needing arranging as well

It really doesn't have to be alchohol mixed with drugs. It could really just be alcohol. Fwiw her friends said she had one cup, who's to say they are telling the truth?

Geez this thread is making me feel like a degenerate. Ha. Because I've certainly been drunk to the point where I was walking like she was on the video surveillance. And I've also been so drunk that I've left my phone places. Being young and feeling invincible is a thing, y'all. Please take it from someone who is on the younger side of the posters here at WS. it's really not so far fetched that she was just really drunk and that's how this tragedy happened. When I was younger and would go out to the clubs and drink way too much, my favorite place at the end of the night was my bathroom floor because the cold tiles felt refreshing on my skin.

I don't believe there was someone following her, calling her name (idk how anyone even came up with that since we can't hear sound), etc.

that was me after seeing a guy in the hallway just standing at the end of the hallway motionless, the entire time.

And the kitchen stuff in the kitchen her behavoirs were far different, They appear far more like she is heading towards somewhere as opposed to all the randon stuff

if accurate what else could it be ? In much of the video her arms are not right -- they are much more like someone is right next to her walking with her. Her head jerks are also like being yanked or lead

it becomes more baffling tho cause some random kitchen ought to be most confusion

and finally to walk the most toward what turned out to be her final resting place........

attachment.php

Okay, so this is something I came up with after watching the footage and comparing it to maps / images.

Orange dashed lines note names that don't match up on both maps.

I'm 97% sure she was on the conference level and not the lobby based on looking at the meeting rooms / layout and of course lack of people. It's not the same level as those elevators posted earlier.

I think she was around the Midway Auditorium in those hallway videos based off the door placement. ( Those double doors might the doors to Airport Accommodations / Kitty Hawk ) Basically I think the kitchen area would've been somewhere under the area you guys were looking at.

The only issue I have with that theory is on this one map ( blue ) the stairs over there are labeled as escalators. If that's true then my theory about her whereabouts makes less sense. IMO that's the only place that makes sense via maps we have access to though. This is also assuming that I interpreted the order of the surveillance footage right based on layout.

I turned the maps on their side so you can see the alignment of the stairs she possibly tripped over and the double doors in the background.

Attachments

• ddUBC7V.jpg
    ddUBC7V.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 325
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics