IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that was me after seeing a guy in the hallway just standing at the end of the hallway motionless, the entire time.

And the kitchen stuff in the kitchen her behavoirs were far different, They appear far more like she is heading towards somewhere as opposed to all the randon stuff

if accurate what else could it be ?

it becomes more baffling tho cause some random kitchen ought to be most confusion

and finally to walk the most toward what turned out to be her final resting place........

I'm confused though. Even if there was someone standing motionless in the hallway, how does that equate to said person call g her name?

attachment.php

Okay, so this is something I came up with after watching the footage and comparing it to maps / images.

Orange dashed lines note names that don't match up on both maps.

I'm 97% sure she was on the conference level and not the lobby based on looking at the meeting rooms / layout and of course lack of people. It's not the same level as those elevators posted earlier.

I think she was around the Midway Auditorium in those hallway videos based off the door placement. ( Those double doors might the doors to Airport Accommodations / Kitty Hawk ) Basically I think the kitchen area would've been somewhere under the area you guys were looking at.

The only issue I have with that theory is on this one map ( blue ) the stairs over there are labeled as escalators. If that's true then my theory about her whereabouts makes less sense. IMO that's the only place that makes sense via maps we have access to though. This is also assuming that I interpreted the order of the surveillance footage right based on layout.

I turned the maps on their side so you can see the alignment of the stairs she possibly tripped over and the double doors in the background.

I agree with you and have said as much in other posts. I think that the other hallway is this video from :33 seconds [video=youtube;MmVYbeNyYEo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmVYbeNyYEo[/video] erm I never noticed this before but does she come out of the Orly room at that time stamp? Has anybody got that full video?

attachment.php

Okay, so this is something I came up with after watching the footage and comparing it to maps / images.

Orange dashed lines note names that don't match up on both maps.

I'm 97% sure she was on the conference level and not the lobby based on looking at the meeting rooms / layout and of course lack of people. It's not the same level as those elevators posted earlier.

I think she was around the Midway Auditorium in those hallway videos based off the door placement. ( Those double doors might the doors to Airport Accommodations / Kitty Hawk ) Basically I think the kitchen area would've been somewhere under the area you guys were looking at.

The only issue I have with that theory is on this one map ( blue ) the stairs over there are labeled as escalators. If that's true then my theory about her whereabouts makes less sense. IMO that's the only place that makes sense via maps we have access to though. This is also assuming that I interpreted the order of the surveillance footage right based on layout.

I turned the maps on their side so you can see the alignment of the stairs she possibly tripped over and the double doors in the background.

This is exactly how I had it mapped out in my head last night before calling it quits and going to bed!

With the information given to us and layouts I was certainly confused and we still know EXACTLY where the kitchen is.

IMO, I still stand that she knew where she was headed. To the kitchen. But why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dénouement;13637259 said:
I agree with you and have said as much in other posts. I think that the other hallway is this video from :33 seconds [video=youtube;MmVYbeNyYEo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmVYbeNyYEo[/video] erm I never noticed this before but does she come out of the Orly room at that time stamp? Has anybody got that full video?

Yeah I think at :33 thats her going down the hallway with the love field / boardrooms.

This is exactly how I had it mapped out in my head last night before calling it quits and going to bed!

With the information given to us and layouts I was certainly confused and we still know EXACTLY where the kitchen is.

IMO, I still stand that she knew where she was headed. To the kitchen. But why?

I think she actually thought she got off on the Lobby floor because they look similar but when she was going the way she knew was the way to parking lot exit she was confused which is why she looks one way looks the other then turns back down the hallway by the Midway Auditorium ( compare to first floor map that long hallway ) and that's how she ended up in the kitchen.

Then I think she opened the freezer doors thinking they were some kind of utility doors going outside as kitchens do frequently lead to the back of a building.

Yeah I think at :33 thats her going down the hallway with the love field / boardrooms.

I think she actually thought she got off on the Lobby floor because they look similar but when she was going the way she knew was the way to parking lot exit she was confused which is why she looks one way looks the other then turns back down the hallway by the Midway Auditorium ( compare to first floor map that long hallway ) and that's how she ended up in the kitchen.

Then I think she opened the freezer doors thinking they were some kind of utility doors going outside as kitchens do frequently lead to the back of a building.

Bingo. They usually do have a door to the outside and if you listen to the very end of the 911 call the officer who describes her as "frozen solid" gives his location. Rear dock near the garbage. I can't quote exactly. Give me one second.

I had to put my Patricia Cornwell book down because this story got more bizarre and conflicting by the minute. I came here to get the facts. I do not envy LE investigating this case and trying to get a straight story from a group of inebriated young people. I do hope upon discovery of this girls body, they treated it as a crime scene to rule out any questions and give this Mother some answers . Autopsy and toxicology results should reveal a lot . Where is the video footage of who came and went out of the room were the party was held.

Commercial freezers are between 0 and 10 degrees farenheight. Mom got to the hotel no earlier than 5:00 am, because she said she Recieved the call at 4:24 from the friends. Some one posted the google map with the routes from home to the hotel earlier and 1 route was 30 min and the other was 33 if I recall correctly. Now that being said. She was most likely deceased before mom reached the hotel. (See explanation below). There is a saying in the field of emergency medicine that you are not dead until you are warm and dead but that relates mostly to cold water drownings because the lung tissue is preserved in addition to brain tissue, The temperature of the air in the freezer would quickly freeze burn lung tissue.

https://askdrnandi.com/long-take-freeze-death/
Our normal body temperature is 98.6 degrees, but the body starts shutting down when it hits 95 degrees. That’s called hypothermia and it’s a real danger.
Once your body hits 82 degrees, you can become unconscious. Death can happen when your body temperature goes below 70. In dangerous weather conditions this can take less than an hour.

I made a transcript of this last night b/c I go back to the 911 calls and transcripts make it easier for me to find what I'm looking for, this one is kinda long and I made it for me so it's not really pretty but thought I'd share.

O: 911 what is the address and your emergency

M: Yes I'm at the Crowne Crowne Plaza at O'Hare Airport and I was calling because my daughter came to this part to a party here last night a gathering with her friends annnd uhm and now her friends they said they left on the front of the hotel and she's not able to be found now. She's 19 y/o.

O: And you said that this and, and you said the Crowne Plaza at O'Hare Airport?

M: Yes, yes, and they said that when her friends was asking up earlier today, like about four o'clock in the morning because they should run the video cameras they said they didn't have no camera but now I came and a lady she came and said she heard music and she asked me if I wanted to go upstairs and we went up stairs on the 11th floor and there was someone came to the room and she said that she did see my daughter there with a group of girls and and a couple of guys but that's all ughm she could "talk?" because she was busy tryin to get reception on her phone.

O: Alright well then you know what uhm well then ughm are you sure you don't mean the Crown Plaza in Rosemont?

M: Yea (not sure) I'm sorry the Crown Plaza in Rosemont. That's exactly where it's at. Sorry.

O: No no it's okay and you said you spoke with the uh

M: Front Desk. I'm sittin outside. Right in front of the hotel. Right in front of hotel in their parking lot right now.

O: And they're saying that they didn't that they haven't seen your daughter since she left or

M: No this is a different set this is a different uhm uh uh uh a new I'm sorry it's a new shift and they said they hadn't seen her. Well of course they wouldn't have seen her 'cause this is like 3 or 4 in the morning. And I just seen that she she was here because I just saw the ticket where she entered this hotel it was at 1:36 p.m. Hold on this is not her ticket cause this is on the 6th. My daughter wasn't here on the 6th.

O: Okay and uh well and a real quick I'm just gonna see if we've I'm gonna see if she was here at all what's your daughter's name?

M: Her name is KJ
talking over each other
M: The room wasn't registered in her name. she came with some friends here.

O: And uh yeah I just wanna (stammering) uh I actually I just came in myself uh probably been here about :45 I just wanna sure that you know maybe she didn't she didn't get arrested and sent ? you know what I mean I just wanna double check everything.

M: Thank you.

O: You're welcome but it doesn't look like we had any run-ins with her last night at all. Uhm. Do you think it's possible she went to one of her friend's houses or she's

M: No actually because she had my car. She was driving my car. She knows I don't like nobody to drive my car because my insurance will not pay for nobody noone besides her and ughm her friends kept calling my phone.

I told them to stay out here they stayed out here they called me like about three times in the morning. I was laying in the bed I'd just had breast surgery at first I thought it was false but (unknown) so uhm you know sedated off medication early and they're tellin me she out here so once I reguvenated strength enough myself enough to get up and drive out here to look for once they brought me my car I came out right out here and I came to the hotel and I come to the hotel and I showed them a picture of her and I asked if they had seen her and there was a lady in the lobbey and she heard me asking the front desk and she said "it was music she did hear music she called to <?> downstairs to report the room and kind of find out what the people next door and when we knocked on the door that uhm that person said that she did see my daughter downstairs which it was like four of them and it was four of them and she said my daughter she uh she was with three of her friends but her three friends her three friends said which you know these kids won't tell the truth they said that she uh they said she went upstairs to get her cell phone and when they went to get their cell phone she was standing in the lobby in the front lobby and when they came back down she wasn't there anymore.

O: Maam I fully understand. The one issue we have and its not really that its and issue its that she's an adult. she is 19 y/o and uhm and as an adult

M: Hold up she's 19 y/o that's my daughter she's 19. Her name is KJ (spells name)

O: No yes yes yes no I remember I remember that you told me that she's 19 but what I'm saying is that is that ....she again she's only been gone for a couple hours she's yeah idk maybe she's you know she could be somewhere with one of her friends or something because I mean again it is only a couple hours since you hadn't seen her correct? since her friends supposedly hadn't seen her?

M: Correct let's say about four three to four hours now they said. They told me it was like four o'clock in the morning when they called me

O: yeah ah I well I I guess the then wonder are you looking to file a missing-persons report then? or are you just are what you

M: I'm so sorry sir. I just want to know if it's possible if maybe they can look at the cameras and see if uh could send the police out here and ask them to look at the cameras and see if they've seen them on their cameras around that time.

O: I was about to say even if I did send an officer it would take a little bit in order for us to get the uh for us to get the camera footage and for us to pass it on to the detectives division.

M: Okay. okay so what would you suggest.

O: Well again maybe Uhm the only thing I'd suggest maybe is just to uhm giver her a couple hours she could've went you know she could have went somewhere with one of her other friends I mean and who knows what her friends are saying is true you know what I mean.

M: Exactly that's exactly. Today you could tell not to be saying you could tell it don't sound right I'm a parent. I've been young before and it's not and it's not sounding right it's not sounding right period. That's why I came her myself because they said they sound like they'd been drinking you know honestly and I asked them Did she drink? And they said she had only cup you know. But my daughter ain't the type to normally she can't even take liquor. Her liquor level is just like mine. We can't take liquor. We cannot take liquor. We take a sip of liquor we drunk honestly.

O: I completely understand.

M: And I'm like one cup is too much for her. You know and like I asked him and then he end up with her cell phone. I pay her cell phone bill every month to make sure my daughter has a phone. How did she lover her phone I don't understand how why would she leave her cell phone with you all and just go disappear and

O: Yeah.

M: I just had surgery you know and she know my predicament.

O: Yeah well then well then in that case what I would recommend just go home relax a little bit give it some time. She could show . For all we know she could very well still be in the room she could just be passed out. you know how it is your drinkin the night before you get whatever else have ya so just give it a couple hours see if you see if you know see if she'll get a hold of you again you know what I mean? Does she does she know your number?

M: Yes she knows my number. She knows my number very well. She's very smart.

O: Okay well then like I sad you know just giver her a couple hours and giver her some time and maybe she went to one of her other friend's places or maybe she is still in the room you know. You know just knocked out you know what I mean.

M: Yes I thank you. Okay and so when do you know how long it takes for me to file a missing person report?

O: Well you can file it at any time it just uh just give it a little bit of time you know if you hadn't heard from her by I wanna say about 10-11 o'clock then by all means give us a call again you can come to the station and we can help you out from there.

M: Okay. I live in Chicago. Would it be better for me to come back to you all's station or would it be better for me to go to Chicago and make out a missing report.

O: You know I think You know you can try to file it out in Chicago they may tell you to file it here since it happened in our town but I do know that since she I do know since she lives with uh obviously she lives with you in the city this might actually fall on them or at least they'll be able to take the report and then they'll get in contact with us and we'll be able to help them out with the investigation from there.

M: Okay it doesn't it doesn't matter whichever one um if I have to come back down yeah I'll come back out here for but as long as if we'll be able to see if I come okay I give it to tommorrow. It's 24 hours after 24 hours. Do you think that we's still be able to see the video camera of today the surveillance camera for today.

O: Yes. Yes Yes we'd definitely be able to probably yes we'd definitely be able to get the footage.

M: Okay. Thank You.

O: Alright.

M: Okay I'll do that. Okay. Thank you.

O: You're very welcome. Have a good day.

M: You too, thank you so much.

O: You're very welcome. Bye. Bye. 10:01

10:04

LE1: 301, everything 10-4?

301: Negative I have this subject in a kitchen in a freezer she's frozen solid

LE1: 10-4 600

600: 600 copies make notification Rosemont 601 you copy.

LE1: Jerry what area(?) are you in?

Jerry: I'm in the rear by the uh dock area by the garbage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87s-Z0B45yI&feature=youtu.be

At the very end

Commercial freezers are between 0 and 10 degrees farenheight. Mom got to the hotel no earlier than 5:00 am, because she said she Recieved the call at 4:24 from the friends. Some one posted the google map with the routes from home to the hotel earlier and 1 route was 30 min and the other was 33 if I recall correctly. Now that being said. She was most likely deceased before mom reached the hotel. (See explanation below). There is a saying in the field of emergency medicine that you are not dead until you are warm and dead but that relates mostly to cold water drownings because the lung tissue is preserved in addition to brain tissue, The temperature of the air in the freezer would quickly freeze burn lung tissue.

https://askdrnandi.com/long-take-freeze-death/

Could that show in her autopsy?

man guys

I do not know why I did not visualize it like this before . But with 47 cams there has to be something like this

nmc.jpg

what is purpose of having all of them ?

Maybe because of time they did not have it staffed but I don't think like having 47 cams and only have one monitor behind the desk --kind of defeats the purpose

OR for the first time I am wondering if actually everyone behind the front desk already knew stuff BEFORE mom approached so they KNEW they cant show or pretend to look at any video

Should that be the case we would have to say that there was a plan -- and the plan was on the next morning in an abandoned quiet Sunday morning remove contents of freezer and all would be as ok as it could be?

I dont think they expected mom to drive over there or speculating that plan might have been to remove contents of freezer earlier but something interrupted that .

result : Chaos. Looking for reasons for total staff indifference for hours --sounds like they did not even pretend to accommodate her.

Would be interesting to see if mom felt there was a lot of action behind the desk that night (phone calls - people going behind in the back ) etc

Does anyone have the link that said the Coroner's Office also had the video surveillance?

At the very end

attachment.php

Yep and apparently there are both escalators and a stair case, which bends just as I thought. Which places her most likely by that auditorium. Here you can see it from the Lobby ( Main ) level.

attachment.php

Also found this which confirms the $200 referenced was about a parking ticket as previously mentioned.

Attachments

• bFTbVqR.jpg
    bFTbVqR.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 167
  • ISjpvln.jpg
    ISjpvln.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 163
attachment.php

Yep and apparently there are both escalators and a stair case, which bends just as I thought. Which places her most likely by that auditorium. Here you can see it from the Lobby ( Main ) level.

attachment.php

Also found this which confirms the $200 referenced was about a parking ticket as previously mentioned.

ac4362bebd30a50ec0010bf84e6a4080.png
5fb0260717c712bc9296170b3512a1ec.png

Yup! And if you zoom in on that yellow sign it says
VENDOR
BOX
STORAGE

I'm still four pages behind, but just had to comment on this. All three of those say L. The photo you found matches the security footage.

So WAIT JUST A MINUTE....

If she was already in the lobby where her friends left her, why is she on video getting out of an elevator ON THE LOBBY LEVEL alone!?

(sorry if one of you already mentioned this. Like I said, I am behind!)

I noticed that L next to the elevator as well. If she came down to the lobby with her friends, why is she getting off the elevator alone? Where is the video of her and her friends in the elevator, or them in the lobby realizing they had left the car keys and cell phone in the room? Why were they in such a hurry to get out that hotel room? There should be a video of everyone coming and going out of that hotel room. Is LE holding on to this video until everyone is questioned?

Yup! And if you zoom in on that yellow sign it says
VENDOR
BOX
STORAGE

Saw that too. Which also isn't on the map and probably part of the restricted area she was in. Around the area with those long tables.

What in earth does this mean -- this is about the Fire Rest

sounds like it is not part of hotel??

[FONT=&amp]5440 N. River Road, Rosemont, Illinois (847) 928-3860&#8203;&#8203;[/FONT][FONT=&amp]next to the Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare

http://www.chicagofireoven.com/

[/FONT]​

'Could what show?

I guess what I'm trying to ask is if the ME could tell if her lungs froze because of being in the freezer vs "cold water drowning."

Sorry if the question sounds dumb [emoji849]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members